2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 117
Page 117 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was just making an appointment for the cats and had to go through my records because I know they're overdue and noticed that my dogs knee surgery was $645 not $800.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunday

1 - laundry
    2 - vacuum
    3 - grocery list, menu plan (done)
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-I so agree. I never realized until my cousin who lived in the Birch Run area and Saginaw before that was telling me what she paid. I mean my vet gives me 10% off services but not meds. If I take 4 cats in at once though he still charges me 4x the exam fee. Now I wish we could cut that because he is seeing 4 but in the time it usually takes to do 1 cat esp. because mine are generally healthy. (most are 12 plus so I say generally) (plus I am informed and cooperative) Just my wallets honest opinion.

Taking DD to work,spot weeding the yard,who knows.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby just put the second coat of paint on the trailer frame so that's something. We bought the paint for the wood sides and deck for the trailer yesterday. It's sort of a tan color which should look nice with the glossy black frame. I wish I had taken a before pic of the trailer because the difference is going to be dramatic. It was really a mess before.

People come here from Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, and all over for vet surgeries. Our clinic is amazing and they have a great reputation especially for surgeries. The cost is low enough that people can come up here for the surgeries and save enough money to pay for their trips, so they get great vet care plus a vacation. Win-win. Of course the big thing is overhead. Property is cheap here, or was when our vet bought the practice in the early 1990's. Can't believe it's been that long. He was the only vet then and now I think we have about six vets.

The knee surgery Sheba had is probably about what you paid now, Rabbit. Sheba had her surgery about twelve years ago and of course prices have gone up like everywhere else. A better comparison might be that the cost of neutering a dog the size of a husky is $140 as of last week, when I asked about it because of considering the dog we were considering, which we decided against. So if you know what your vets charge where you live, maybe that would show a truer picture of cost comparisons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so lucky my old dog is not in pain yet. He is lazy though...he pants when we walk... he is out of shape use to walk him a lot.. now hardly ever... he is 10.. Orey is c just a lazy dog...couch potatoe. ..

Today is
    Laundry
    clean kitchen
    paperwork

Chicken creamed potatoes and peas for supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I'm glad Sugar seems fine now. Whew! I'm glad Sheba did well with the surgery back when you had her. I wish it had been a good option for Sasha. Our vet really advised against it so maybe Sasha had something else with her leg that I've forgotten. This was over ten years ago so it's possible I've forgotten something. Ultimately we opted to do what the vet thought was best and while I've never regretted the decision I did miss her a lot when she was gone. She was a sweet girl. I've heard of story boards but I'm not really sure what they are? (showing my cluelessness here!)

How's your pup FW? I always took two of our cats in together as they were cooperative. The third and fourth had to fly solo because they were not cooperative and I needed all hands on deck to manage them. LOL! I'll never forget the first time I took Skittles in. We adopted him when he was 5. He was the most docile cat. He sat in the kennel on the ride home and was so quiet, looking out the window etc. We opened the kennel when we got home to let him out and all "you know what" broke loose. He came out of that thing like a wild animal. Growling these deep guttural growls, hissing and spitting. We all backed far away and gave him space. After a couple of days of that he settled in and was happy, calm, loving. So then I had to take him in for his shots. I always let the animal out of the kennel when we got to the vet so they could stretch, walk around on the exam table and I could snuggle them. Well, let me tell you I opened that crate and a lion came out. I was scared to bits of him! He was hissing, spitting and growling etc just like when we first brought him home. So I'm standing by the door and he is reigning over the exam table. Vet comes in and I explain why we are there. She says (clearly sensing my terror because I've got one hand on the doorknob and I'm poised for flight) "are you comfortable holding him so I can examine him?". I said "absolutely NOT". LOLOL! She said "that's OK, I'll get Seven". I said "Seven people?" And she said "No, Seven is our cat whisperer". Sure enough, this guy comes in with the name Seven on his tag, picks that cat right up and takes him out back. So I'm waiting and I can hear him growling and shrieking still even with the door shut. Vet and Seven come back in and Seven pops him back in his kennel. The vet smiled and said "He has the most beautiful teeth, he showed them to me and I didn't even have to ask". Oh boy! I apologize 500 times. I felt so bad that he was so mean and growly. I told her at home he's just the most loving cat you could ever want and he snuggles all the time. He earned himself an ABC sticker on his chart (Always Be Careful). Got him home, let him out and backed way up. He came out spitting then realized where he was, hopped on the couch, laid down and went to sleep. I dreaded his visits to the vet!

I have so much to do and just no motivation to do any of it!! I have no clue what my problem is. Just feeling the blahs I guess.

Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I'm glad Sugar seems fine now. Whew! I'm glad Sheba did well with the surgery back when you had her. I wish it had been a good option for Sasha. Our vet really advised against it so maybe Sasha had something else with her leg that I've forgotten. This was over ten years ago so it's possible I've forgotten something. Ultimately we opted to do what the vet thought was best and while I've never regretted the decision I did miss her a lot when she was gone. She was a sweet girl. I've heard of story boards but I'm not really sure what they are? (showing my cluelessness here!)

How's your pup FW? I always took two of our cats in together as they were cooperative. The third and fourth had to fly solo because they were not cooperative and I needed all hands on deck to manage them. LOL! I'll never forget the first time I took Skittles in. We adopted him when he was 5. He was the most docile cat. He sat in the kennel on the ride home and was so quiet, looking out the window etc. We opened the kennel when we got home to let him out and all "you know what" broke loose. He came out of that thing like a wild animal. Growling these deep guttural growls, hissing and spitting. We all backed far away and gave him space. After a couple of days of that he settled in and was happy, calm, loving. So then I had to take him in for his shots. I always let the animal out of the kennel when we got to the vet so they could stretch, walk around on the exam table and I could snuggle them. Well, let me tell you I opened that crate and a lion came out. I was scared to bits of him! He was hissing, spitting and growling etc just like when we first brought him home. So I'm standing by the door and he is reigning over the exam table. Vet comes in and I explain why we are there. She says (clearly sensing my terror because I've got one hand on the doorknob and I'm poised for flight) "are you comfortable holding him so I can examine him?". I said "absolutely NOT". LOLOL! She said "that's OK, I'll get Seven". I said "Seven people?" And she said "No, Seven is our cat whisperer". Sure enough, this guy comes in with the name Seven on his tag, picks that cat right up and takes him out back. So I'm waiting and I can hear him growling and shrieking still even with the door shut. Vet and Seven come back in and Seven pops him back in his kennel. The vet smiled and said "He has the most beautiful teeth, he showed them to me and I didn't even have to ask". Oh boy! I apologize 500 times. I felt so bad that he was so mean and growly. I told her at home he's just the most loving cat you could ever want and he snuggles all the time. He earned himself an ABC sticker on his chart (Always Be Careful). Got him home, let him out and backed way up. He came out spitting then realized where he was, hopped on the couch, laid down and went to sleep. I dreaded his visits to the vet!

I have so much to do and just no motivation to do any of it!! I have no clue what my problem is. Just feeling the blahs I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoops, sorry for the double post!

Hi OM!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the prayers for Seth and his family. Please keep them coming over the next days as they realize they have a "new normal." I can't imagine what they are feeling.

fw, it's hard sometimes to know what to do for our fur babies. I let our dog Max go too long before letting him go across the Rainbow Bridge. He was pretty much totally senile, incontinent, non-ambulatory, but I keep putting off the inevitable. One night he died in his sleep in his bed. Not a bad way to go, but I worry that he was suffering and I didn't know it. Our 14 yr old cat Sophia is sometimes confused about where she is. She'll cry and cry till we find wherever she is (usually upstairs in a bathtub) and take her downstairs with us. She does remember where her food and water and litterbox are, thank goodness.

SD, yes, just worry about one manuscript at a time. Goodness knows you have enough projects already

om, hope you had fun with family.

hikr, funny cat story! LOL Way to go on the house painting.

RABBIT, good luck with your list today.

Jen? Ayanka? pinetree? where are you all?

If I missed anyone, sorry, and Hi!

My kitchen floor is fixed. My disposal and dishwasher are installed. DH kept tightening something too tight on the dishwasher hose and breaking it and having to go back to Lowe's for a new one. 4 trips in all. Then once it was installed there was a little leak right underneath it. Just a little leak, but it drove DH crazy till he got it fixed at 11:00 last night. That dishwasher is so wonderful, quiet, cleans so well, and I'm thrilled. I always wanted a Bosch and when we found it on clearance AND more knocked off that price I just had to have it. I had budgeted $400 and that's what it was.

DS has a leaky ceiling and couldn't come home this weekend (roommate would forget to deal with it...) so we were going to drive up there but DH is so worn out from floor, disposal, and dishwasher that we just decided to wait till next weekend. We went to church and breakfast and as soon as we got home DH went to bed. I doubt he'll be up for a number of hours.

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Catch up on emails, etc. DONE
    3) Plan menus for this week
    4) Mop
    5) Reset den
    6) Figure out chores and appointments for next week
    7) Catch up on recording expenditures

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im fine, back to working and had the weekend shift, so not much on the to do list, just working 24 hours is enough for me.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Many pages behind. Haven't caught up yet. Was trying to remember all the things to reply too but never going to remember them.
    FW... Clairol Age Defying hair color. It's MADE to cover gray and not wash out. I have same problem at the sideburn areas. Mine needs colored so bad. I have two boxes but my hair is so thick ... and way past my shoulders.. it's a pain to try to do. Right now the gray is 3 times longer than the blonde. Needs cut before I color.
    But yeah... Clairol Age Defying hair color

Computer at work got hit with lightning. HAD to get Windows 8. Sorta getting used to it. So are your laptops touch screen like mine at work or mouse oriented? Might be able to help on some of the problems I read. What do you need to do besides minimize and add remove? When I come back on I'll try to help with those questions.

Mine has a touch screen when it comes up that you can change to old fashioned mouse and click by either using the desktop icon on the slide screen OR just by clicking the windows key on the keyboard. You can toggle back and forth just by the windows key on keyboard if it's easier for you.

Back later but post your questions if you want
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hikr00 View Post
    She said "that's OK, I'll get Seven". I said "Seven people?" And she said "No, Seven is our cat whisperer". Sure enough, this guy comes in with the name Seven on his tag, picks that cat right up and takes him out back. So I'm waiting and I can hear him growling and shrieking still even with the door shut. Vet and Seven come back in and Seven pops him back in his kennel. The vet smiled and said "He has the most beautiful teeth, he showed them to me and I didn't even have to ask". Oh boy! I apologize 500 times. I felt so bad that he was so mean and growly. I told her at home he's just the most loving cat you could ever want and he snuggles all the time. He earned himself an ABC sticker on his chart (Always Be Careful). Got him home, let him out and backed way up. He came out spitting then realized where he was, hopped on the couch, laid down and went to sleep. I dreaded his visits to the vet!

"Seven people? gave me a good giggle!" poor baby

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys, I'm here, just trying to take it easy, my back it all messed up again, so I'm not doing much, trying to get rid of the spasms.

I heard from my brother, made me feel really good!
    made a carrot souffle, yum
    the kids smoked steaks and corn on the cob, a bigger yum!
    got the kitchen cleaned up from people setting down things instead of putting away.
    sent up prayers for ilc, will keep up for awhile..
    said one too for Sugar
    going to bed early, getting up late..
    so I guess i have been kinda busy?

Relaxing today, I am feeling really tired, and we have a mess of rain moving back in,, so I'm settled in for today.

Hope everyone is having a great day.. I'll be back tomorrow. take a rest day guys!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad Sheba's surgery worked out for her, too. There's lots that can go wrong with knees and luckily, her problem was relatively easy to fix and her type of surgery was usually fairly successful.

Our dog we lost three years ago had glaucoma. We could have had surgery for her to restore her sight, but it would have been a huge ordeal with trips to Minneapolis and even at the vet school there it would have cost us $4,000+. I still regret that we didn't do it. But we could see the end coming and in her case it probably wouldn't have been worth it for the few months she had left. I think it would have actually saves us money though, because her meds were so dang expensive.

Hikr, too funny about Skittles! It makes you wonder what happened in a critter's life to make them act like that.

ILC, I know exactly what Seth's family is going through now. My heart goes out to them. It will be a long time before they feel normal again.

It's hard to know sometimes when to let our pets go. I know the time is coming for Sugar, but we're not there yet. She's getting a little crazy but she's happy, enjoys being with us, loves her snacks, loves to go for walks, is interested in what's happening around her, and seems to be enjoying her life for the most part. Her balance isn't as good as it was and she does fall a lot because our floors are slippery, but she's fine outside and on the decks or where it's not slick. Overall she's doing okay for someone her age.

You guys are sure getting a lot done!

Ayanka, hope you have a great week! You deserve some easy work days for a change.

Niko, we haven't done anything about my desktop yet. I got sidetracked with everything else going on here. But now that I'm interested in getting back into fiction writing again, I know I'll get to it in the near future. Husby is all hot to buy me a new all in one desktop but I'm hoping not to go that route. For one thing, I'm still hoping to get more comfortable using my old word processor. I like it because I can see it when I'm outside, whereas trying to write anything with my laptop outside is impossible because I can't even see the screen. The software for my WP doesn't work with anything current, but is fine with whatever Windows version is on my desktop now. I forget which one it is but it's the last one MS came out with that didn't drive people crazy. If I can't get my desktop to work like I want, and if I actually do start being productive again, then I might let him buy me a desktop. I wouldn't mind an all in one like he has. It's pretty nice!

Ah ha! Pinetree, I see you lurking over there! You're going to post at the same time as me, aren't you! I can tell! LOL.

We got the new little plastic shed put up. So disappointed. The instructions sucked, which I expected. It's flimsy, which I expected. It's full of all sorts of convenient mouse portals, which I didn't expect. I don't think it's even going to be snow-proof. I'm so not happy. We bought this to protect our outdoor folding chairs and the chair cushions for our wood deck chairs. No way can we use it for the cushions. We might be able to use it for the folding chairs if we cover them up every time we put them away, which was the point of having the dang shed. I'm giving it some thought and hoping I can figure some way to fix it, but I have to say it really steams me when I buy a brand new product and it's so poorly designed I have to start fixing it as soon as I put it together. That's the point of buying new, so I don't have to fix something that should be designed to do its job as soon as it's installed. But at least it's up and we can use it for part of what we intended it for. Next time I'll just build one. More work and more money, but at least it won't be a POC that doesn't serve its intended purpose.

Not sure what else we'll get done today, but something, I hope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was right! Hi, Pinetree! Sorry about your back. Hope that clears up soon. Yes, you have been busy. Thanks for thinking of Sugar. She seems back to herself today, at least as much herself as she is anymore. At any rate, we're not too worried about her anymore. It's been fifty hours since her accident and I think if she was going to have something worse happen, she'd be showing signs by now. So we know how lucky we are.