2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 118
Page 118 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol, SD, I thought of you when I was typing that out,, lol

Sugar, is kinda special to me, we had a white long haired cat named Sugar, when he was little the kitten ran out to meet my Dad in the cat, Dad thought he got out of the way, but ran right over him, he had a black tire tread mark between his head and tail, Dad rushed him to the vet and nothing was even broke, he thought he was young enough that everything just gave a little, he grew up to be a giant cat, with one blue and one greeen eye.. He was a real treasure.

So I really hope your Sugar will be just fine.. Sorry about your shed! thanks about feeling better! How did the Dr. go? wasnt that yesterday?? Or am I screwed up again?

ilc, out russian blue started screaming like that, we had to go find her, the vet found that she had lost her hearing.. She could feel vibrations in the floor, but she couldnt hear a lick,, she Hated being alone, so we had to make sure someone was always near her.. Thinking about you...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What we do for our beloved pets. I try to stay where Sugar can find me, too. She's hard of hearing now but sees okay. Our vet thought she might be blind, but she's not. If we throw a marshmallow in her direction, she'll grab it out of the air nine times out of ten. There's no way she doesn't see.

I can't understand how a kitten can be run over like that but I'm glad your Sugar turned out okay. It sounds like he was a special kitty in many ways.

My eye appointment is Thursday, I think. I can't wait. These dollar store glasses aren't doing it for me anymore.

Husby has managed to thoroughly screw up my eBay account. Some days, I don't think either of us should be allowed to use a computer.

I cleaned up six AeroGardens today so they can go into storage for a while in the cabin. Can't wait to see how they fit. I've been putting off buying light bulb adapters for a bunch of them because it's going to be spendy, but the time has come. I haven't seen a good price on those in two years, but today I'm in luck. They're $5.50 each and I need 12, but adding the adapters means I can use bulbs from Menards for 3/$10 instead of AG bulbs that are 3/$30 plus shipping. No-brainer there, short term pain for long term gain. The adapters will pay for themselves the instant I put new, less expensive bulbs into them. I e'd the seller to see if I can get a discount for buying four sets of three, which is how they're listed, so I'm hoping to save a couple bucks there.

Husby took a nap so we didn't get much done this afternoon except the AGs and him messing up my eBay account before his nap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What don't we do for our furchildren.... I love mine to pieces..

We went to visit children yesterday we had a blast grand children we re lots of fun. .
    3 for 3 today.

Hi to all this thread moves fast lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hikr-I've had some 30 cats over more than that in years and never 1 like that-thank you very much! The closest we had was Dhs Persian mix named Pugsley. She spit at the baby and I made him give her away. She was super oriented to him and didnt want anyone else in their world. You had to pet her w/ your foot!
    Charlie will hiss if you don't pick him up right but he is so huge that you will hurt him if you put both hands on the sides of his chest like you normally would w/ my 10#ers.
    Now DD's old Dog used to fear men and that was a issue when we first got her. Took me years to change that

SD-so good about Sugar
    Niko-IDK but thanks for later. I think just mouse. I have a wireless mouse I will install. I really haven't thought about it for that last 2 days. lol
    On the hair color thanks for later. I left the color in after the rinse,didnt shampoo for an extra day and the color on the top is darker and overall better-go figure?
    It's a deep red/brown that will do. I was going for more brown but I earned more grey than I had last time I colored. Oh-to- the-well?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-thats what i say about DH and any passwords to our finances. The man is a network engineer but freaks out trying to understand "the necessity of Facebook"
    Dude-there is none its for fun. And to connect w/ others and be social. Some days I am married to R2D2. (please state the nature of your business)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    l
    Sugar, is kinda special to me, we had a white long haired cat named Sugar, when he was little the kitten ran out to meet my Dad in the cat, Dad thought he got out of the way, but ran right over him, he had a black tire tread mark between his head and tail, Dad rushed him to the vet and nothing was even broke, he thought he was young enough that everything just gave a little, he grew up to be a giant cat, with one blue and one greeen eye.. He was a real treasure.
    how amazing is that? I had a mini-dachshund whose mom was run over while she was pregnant, she was so little, like 8 lbs, she lived but only one puppy survived in utero, my sweet Mitch. I always had older shelter dogs before so a puppy was a new experience. I tried so hard, using any technique I could find to housebreak him. After a year, the vet said he very likely was brain damaged and housebreaking him probably would never happen. It didn't and he was incontinent for 11 yrs! Not pleasant but not his fault and I made a commitment to him, I knew he had been run over in utero, how lucky were we that he even survived? He was so sweet tempered, he allowed DD to dress him in doll clothes and "walk" him in her doll stroller. He couldn't learn any tricks, even "sit" never happened. And though the incontinence made me nuts, I miss him and would do it all over again. It is absolutely amazing what a pet can survive, I am glad you had your time with Sugar.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All this talk of hair color reminded me I had two hair color kits in my bathroom, so I put one in just now. It's been probably at least four years. I can't ever decide if I like my hair colored or not. I'm okay either way. I use a color that gradually washes out so I don't have to put up with the growing out stage or mess with coloring roots. I'm not very good with hair.

Steak wrapped in bacon on the grill for supper tonight. Yum! Why don't we grill more often?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love hair dye but dread doing the job anymore..if I could afford it I would get it professional done.. I used to do high light I. My hair. Foil I have about forgot how to was talking to paige about this..

Been talking about going g back to work just don't know if I am mentally or physically able.I hate being a.lug and a burden to my family. Still thinking on it. If I did I would have to start the disability over again .it has already been over a year.
    student loans on my mind..
    paige on my mind.. new baby finishing college.
    lots on my mind
    navy son is getting relocated to Norfolk his sister is stationed there.they will help pay for us to come visit. If we can't afford it...that is something nice to look forward too

Today is supposed to be super hot
    only 1 load of laundry
    Unl o ad the dishwasher
    sweep and mop

Spaghetti for supper
    personal Bible time, get dressed staying in pj's too much makes me depressed. Drink more water.try to get some exercise
    Person goals harder than house work for me..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to Big Lots after dropping DD off.
    Got a case of water yesterday and froze some.Trying to thwart my constant ice cream/popsicle cravings.

Beautiful day out but supposed to get heavy heat w/ high humidity again. That just puts me in park. IDK what I'll do today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, sorry about your weather. That's our summer----high temps, high humidity. It's miserable. I really should live somewhere else.

om, glad you had fun with grandkids! Yes, you have a lot on your mind. Getting a job...??? Wow, that would be rough. I know you feel like a burden, but I doubt your family sees you that way.

Bernice, that is an amazing story about your dog. He was so blessed to have you to love him.

SD, that sucks about the new shed. I bet it looked great in the picture on the box. So much shoddiness in manufacturing nowadays, and so little pride in craftsmanship. Glad you can use it for something.

Ayanka, glad you're doing ok.

Niko, you've really been through the wringer. Vent away!

pinetree, I cringed when I read about your back spasms. Been there, done that. I am soooo sorry you're hurting. Can you find a good position in a recliner? That's what helps me. Rest as much as you can.

Jen, hikr, everybody else--hi, hope you're doing okay.

Yesterday was a sluggish day. I fizzled out pretty early in the afternoon and ended up reading and watching PBS documentaries for a while. DH grilled pork chops and I fixed sides then I read some more and listened to music and went to bed early. It was great.

For Monday:

1) Work on finances with DH DONE
    2) Unload dishwasher DONE
    3) Take out recycling DONE
    4) Check calendar for appointments, etc./coordinate with DH
    5) Record recent expenditures
    6) Mop (later in the day, after the expected rain---really dark and cloudy now)
    7) General reset of the den and breakfast room
    8) Watch Major Crimes 9:00

Have a good Monday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have an ice cream freezer, FW? It's really easy to make ice cream using evaporated skim milk, vanilla, and Splenda. Nothing real bad for you there, and it makes a small batch so not as much there to be tempting. Let me know if you want the recipe. An ice cream ball works perfect for making a batch of this and then you get to burn some calories making it, too. LOL.

We've been enjoying freezey pops lately. We bought a box of 100 for $4 so they're cheap, and I think they only have something like 30 calories, so not too bad there either. They're small and of course individually packaged, so that helps with portion control.

We were out on the lake when the clouds moved in, so we hightailed it back home. Then we decided we needed to temporarily pot the five lily plants we bought this year, because we don't have a permanent place for them yet since the greenhouse has thrown all the yard plans into complete chaos. So we potted those and since we were all dirty anyway, decided to dig out the 3x5 box of lilies that needed to be relocated so the greenhouse can go there. What a mess! Then we potted all those in some old weathered pails that needed to be thrown out, but will last till spring when we, hopefully, will have a new landscape plan and know where we'll put them. I hope they'll winter over okay in the pails. I'm sure this is the wrong time to be transplanting bulbs but we don't really have a choice. Glad that chore is done. It was breezy, cool, and overcast, so it was perfect for doing the job which was nice. It kept the plant roots from drying out and us from overheating.

Not sure what else is on the agenda. Husby started washing clothes which was a mistake. I think we're going to start clearing out the space where the greenhouse will go, now that the utility trailer is back down on its wheels again and can be moved out of the way. That'll clear out the space for us to work on the garage gutters too, so we can be ready to work on either of those.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi

Been busy already! I helped my son slice up a smoked roast from sandwich meat.. He smoked an 8 lb roast, we sliced it really thin like arbys, so this should be good. Meat has been on sale back here so they are getting it really cheap and throwing it in their freezer..

I started a new statin, my muscles are killing me for sure, now if I can figure out how to rest and exercise at the same time! Looking into a different Dr. might go check out this new one next week. We have a big job to get done first...

SD, I want the recipe!! How much does it make? How much chocolate do you put in? My Dad use to tell me things come in different flavors than chocolate, but I have never seen any of them!! lol I am hooked on Bkue Bunny's mini chocolate covered chocolate cones!! Oh Yum!!! They came individually wrapped to,, but its really easy to open two or three!! lol
    Snugar, yep that how we said his name,lol, the vet thought maybe the new gravel that was just laid down, let him sink down instead of squashing him,, we didnt care, we called it a miracle and just loved him for 18 years..he also played the piano ever morning to wake people up, he was a funny guy!

Om, Who is trying to get you back to work? Are your Drs. backing your SS? i thought here in co. you have to have the Drs behind you, Maybe I dont understand.. I tried for that after I had been on workmans comp for 13 years, My lawyer sent me to the big town to get tests, I flunked them all and still got turned down, my lawyer told me to try and find a business I could start that I could work my own hours and take off when I needed, So thats what I did, I never applied again, but if I didnt have drs. on my side I didnt have a chance winning.. Be careful and do what you need to do, and please dont get down on yourself so much, You are one strong person, look at what you have been through. If you want to work then do it, if you dont then tell your lawyer,, Cast you cares.. write them down and give them to him,, ask for help, hug

Hi to everyone, will be back when I have more time..

today
    cut, wrap, freeze meat
    unload dishwasher
    work

garlic honey chicken for dinner

Oh yea, I tried a sub. soy sauce recipe and its a keeper, yell if anyone wants it.. Chinese, here I come!

Have a fablous Day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wait a minute----there are flavors OTHER than chocolate??? WHY???

I want the soy sauce recipe!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies!

Pinetree I thought of you....I was at the grocery store today and looking for a cracker to take on our boat trip tomorrow that wouldn't be too hard for me to chew with the TMJ issue. I found Ritz with a "hint of salt". It's 30 mg for five Ritz! Not too shabby. I know your limit on sodium is a lot lower than mine but I figured I'd let you know just in case it helps.

That's amazing about your cat being run over and being OK! This made me think of my friend's son. When he was 2 he was out in the yard "helping" his Dad and his Uncle backed the truck up right when the little boy broke free and ran behind it. The truck tire went right over his mid section. They of course rushed him in to the hospital and he was fine. Bruised but fine. The doctor said because he was so young his organs / bones etc just sort of compressed then snapped back. He's now in his 20's and has never had any problems post accident. Amazing! I'll take that soy sauce recipe too! I don't like it but DH does and he could stand a little less salt

SD you've done great with all the planting. I still have some lupines left to plant. I don't know why I just can't buckle down and plant the silly seeds. I seem to have a mental block or something there.

ILC how's Seth's family doing? I've been thinking about them a lot. I wish I could get my DH to pay attention to a finance meeting. It sounds like you and your DH do that often and mine does much better at saying "you do it". We've been told by his doctors that he should not handle the finances because his brain just isn't wired well for that with all the seizures and the brain cancer history he doesn't think things through well at all. So they are mine and mine alone but I still would love for him to sit down and see where we spend our money etc because I feel guilty that he's not a part of the decisions. I tell myself he's not a part of it because he refuses to be a part of it but still...I just feel funny. Blah.

FW I can't handle humidity either. I don't know how you Southerners do it. It's hot and humid here today. 87 degrees and high humidity means one whiny hikr. LOL Once I post this I'm going swimming after I coat myself in sunscreen.

Ayanka glad all is well.

Niko I hope things settle down for you. Vent away as often as needed.

OM I'm positive your family doesn't consider you a burden. If you do decide to go back take it easy on yourself and don't push it. You've got a lot going on.

Ice cream...ahh...love it. The ice cream ball SD mentioned works great! I used her recipe and we made ice cream using that with our oldest granddaughter. She had such a good time rolling it around. LOL! And the ice cream was pretty good too. I also broke down and bought the Cuisinart freezer bowl that you use in conjunction with the Kitchenaid stand mixer I have. I looked at a bunch of different types of ice cream makers but ultimately I went with the bowl because it was smaller to store the bowl than it was to store a whole ice cream machine.

I got the groceries today and unloaded the dishwasher. I also went through the mail on my desk and got that sorted. Why do I let that pile up?? We zipped over to the hardware store and bought the drywall screws we needed for the house and also the car place and got the pine pitch remover DH needed to remove the pitch off our Pontiac. We will be selling that as we have no need for a second car where DH gave up his license so I'm the only driver here. My Dad suggested diesel to remove it but it didn't work so we broke down and got this stuff. We've had the car stored under the pine trees (dumb move) so it's a hot mess. It runs good but looks bad with the pitch.

We are headed back up to the camp tomorrow for a few days. We are going to spend the day out on the lake on the boat so I hope the weather is good. It's a pontoon boat so there's cover we can stay under to avoid the hottest part of the day in the sun. DD is going with the two little ones so we want them to limit their sun exposure as well. She covers them in sunscreen but you worry more about the kids. There's a ladder off the back of the boat so we can anchor and swim here and there along the way. There are locks there as well so we can take the boat through the locks. DGD will love that. She's won't really get it but she'll have fun watching it all. They are having a lobster feed on Wednesday and while I'm a born and bred Mainer I do not like lobster. Actually I don't like any seafood. I have my doctor's appt for the TMJ so I'm coming back that morning and will leave DH at the camp. THey'll have their lobster feed and I'll stay home and get some stuff done here. I'll go back up Thursday when the lobster feed is over and done with. I don't even like the smell! hahaha

Ok, time to hit the pool. Have a great afternoon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies!

Pinetree I thought of you....I was at the grocery store today and looking for a cracker to take on our boat trip tomorrow that wouldn't be too hard for me to chew with the TMJ issue. I found Ritz with a "hint of salt". It's 30 mg for five Ritz! Not too shabby. I know your limit on sodium is a lot lower than mine but I figured I'd let you know just in case it helps.

That's amazing about your cat being run over and being OK! This made me think of my friend's son. When he was 2 he was out in the yard "helping" his Dad and his Uncle backed the truck up right when the little boy broke free and ran behind it. The truck tire went right over his mid section. They of course rushed him in to the hospital and he was fine. Bruised but fine. The doctor said because he was so young his organs / bones etc just sort of compressed then snapped back. He's now in his 20's and has never had any problems post accident. Amazing! I'll take that soy sauce recipe too! I don't like it but DH does and he could stand a little less salt

SD you've done great with all the planting. I still have some lupines left to plant. I don't know why I just can't buckle down and plant the silly seeds. I seem to have a mental block or something there.

ILC how's Seth's family doing? I've been thinking about them a lot. I wish I could get my DH to pay attention to a finance meeting. It sounds like you and your DH do that often and mine does much better at saying "you do it". We've been told by his doctors that he should not handle the finances because his brain just isn't wired well for that with all the seizures and the brain cancer history he doesn't think things through well at all. So they are mine and mine alone but I still would love for him to sit down and see where we spend our money etc because I feel guilty that he's not a part of the decisions. I tell myself he's not a part of it because he refuses to be a part of it but still...I just feel funny. Blah.

FW I can't handle humidity either. I don't know how you Southerners do it. It's hot and humid here today. 87 degrees and high humidity means one whiny hikr. LOL Once I post this I'm going swimming after I coat myself in sunscreen.

Ayanka glad all is well.

Niko I hope things settle down for you. Vent away as often as needed.

OM I'm positive your family doesn't consider you a burden. If you do decide to go back take it easy on yourself and don't push it. You've got a lot going on.

Ice cream...ahh...love it. The ice cream ball SD mentioned works great! I used her recipe and we made ice cream using that with our oldest granddaughter. She had such a good time rolling it around. LOL! And the ice cream was pretty good too. I also broke down and bought the Cuisinart freezer bowl that you use in conjunction with the Kitchenaid stand mixer I have. I looked at a bunch of different types of ice cream makers but ultimately I went with the bowl because it was smaller to store the bowl than it was to store a whole ice cream machine.

I got the groceries today and unloaded the dishwasher. I also went through the mail on my desk and got that sorted. Why do I let that pile up?? We zipped over to the hardware store and bought the drywall screws we needed for the house and also the car place and got the pine pitch remover DH needed to remove the pitch off our Pontiac. We will be selling that as we have no need for a second car where DH gave up his license so I'm the only driver here. My Dad suggested diesel to remove it but it didn't work so we broke down and got this stuff. We've had the car stored under the pine trees (dumb move) so it's a hot mess. It runs good but looks bad with the pitch.

We are headed back up to the camp tomorrow for a few days. We are going to spend the day out on the lake on the boat so I hope the weather is good. It's a pontoon boat so there's cover we can stay under to avoid the hottest part of the day in the sun. DD is going with the two little ones so we want them to limit their sun exposure as well. She covers them in sunscreen but you worry more about the kids. There's a ladder off the back of the boat so we can anchor and swim here and there along the way. There are locks there as well so we can take the boat through the locks. DGD will love that. She's won't really get it but she'll have fun watching it all. They are having a lobster feed on Wednesday and while I'm a born and bred Mainer I do not like lobster. Actually I don't like any seafood. I have my doctor's appt for the TMJ so I'm coming back that morning and will leave DH at the camp. THey'll have their lobster feed and I'll stay home and get some stuff done here. I'll go back up Thursday when the lobster feed is over and done with. I don't even like the smell! hahaha

Ok, time to hit the pool. Have a great afternoon!