2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 119
Page 119 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, IIRC and I'm pretty sure I do, the ice cream recipe is:

Vanilla Ice Cream
    12 oz. can evaporated skim milk, shaken well
    1/3 c. sugar, Splenda, or a combination
    vanilla to taste, maybe a teaspoon
    Mix in bowl and pour into freezer AFTER freezer is running, or use ice cream ball. Use the instructions that come with your particular freezer, of course. It makes about a pint, and the recipe can be multiplied. I haven't made it in a while because, dang it, it's too easy to eat the whole thing. It comes out of the freezer like a soft serve ice cream, like DQ. I don't know about chocolate but you could certainly add some cocoa powder and experiment a little. Or try a half or full box of instant chocolate pudding, sugar free if you're cutting down on sugar. You could add chocolate malt powder, too. We make the vanilla version with HM vanilla made with coconut rum. Oh, boy! We also make HM DQ Blizzards and DQ Peanut Buster Parfaits using this ice cream. Use 2-3 snack size candy bars like Snickers or Butterfinger and chop or crush them to make Blizzards and add them right at the end. Peppermint ice cream is really good and you can make it by adding 1/2 t. of peppermint extract (or to taste) and some crushed hard candy peppermints, or chop up some York peppermint patties. I like maple ice cream using maple extract, too. Heck you can use most any extract to flavor it and make whatever flavor you like. I love Heath bits in this ice cream, too. Or use regular mint extract and add green food coloring and mini chocolate chips for mint chip ice cream. If you have leftover ice cream you can freeze it in single servings (easiest) and then let it sit out ten minutes or whatever it takes to soften it up so it's soft serve consistency again. So good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lupines are supposed to be planted in the fall, Hikr. Otherwise they will sprout now but not have time to mature enough before the weather gets cold. I think I read they need to be planted when the temps are consistently below fifty degrees. Our plan is to prep the dirt and then plant the seed this November.

We got almost everything shoved out of the way of the gutter and greenhouse projects. The bugs love me today and have been going right for my eyes, so I came in before it was done but it looks pretty good. I suspect the bugs like the conditioner that came with my hair color which I applied last night.

I got all the cuttings from eBay in dirt. I hope I'm doing it right. Wow, was that seller generous! All kinds of goodies. I hope I can get them all to root for me, but I'm sure I'll have lots of failures. I especially wanted burro's tails and she sent me at least four, two different kinds, and mother of thousands, two kinds, two plants and a cutting plus about three dozen babies I almost threw out because they're so small, a jade plant I've been thinking about, string of pearls, loads of string of bananas cuttings, just so many cool plants. I had asked for just a couple of specific things, telling the seller I realized I didn't have a choice and was okay with that, but she was so nice and even sent me some bonuses. I particularly wanted burro's tail and the mother of thousands, and she went out of her way to provide them when she didn't have to. I appreciate that so much! I soaked 24 little peat pots and filled those, most with at least five cuttings in them, plus tons of bigger cuttings in two good sized pots and the three mother of thousands and all the babies in another pot.

I also went out and pulled weeds in our neglected garden in front of the house. The currant bush has gone nuts! We've had it several years and never even got to find out what type it is because all the critters always ate up the berries from it. But this year it has a few berries that were overlooked. They're the pink ones (champagne?) and they taste pretty good. So that mystery is solved. Next year I need to put bird netting over it, although I'm sure that won't stop the little rodents or the bears.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I posted this post earlier, and FV told me I posted it, then told me I tried to repeat posting it, but I've tried and tried to find it and can't, so I'm reposting it. If it's a rerun, you guys will just have to skip it.

Pinetree, IIRC and I'm pretty sure I do, the ice cream recipe is:

Vanilla Ice Cream
    12 oz. can evaporated skim milk, shaken well
    1/3 c. sugar, Splenda, or a combination
    vanilla to taste, maybe a teaspoon
    Mix in bowl and pour into freezer AFTER freezer is running, or use ice cream ball. Use the instructions that come with your particular freezer, of course. It makes about a pint, and the recipe can be multiplied. I haven't made it in a while because, dang it, it's too easy to eat the whole thing. It comes out of the freezer like a soft serve ice cream, like DQ. I don't know about chocolate but you could certainly add some cocoa powder and experiment a little. Or try a half or full box of instant chocolate pudding, sugar free if you're cutting down on sugar. You could add chocolate malt powder, too. We make the vanilla version with HM vanilla made with coconut rum. Oh, boy! We also make HM DQ Blizzards and DQ Peanut Buster Parfaits using this ice cream. Use 2-3 snack size candy bars like Snickers or Butterfinger and chop or crush them to make Blizzards and add them right at the end. Peppermint ice cream is really good and you can make it by adding 1/2 t. of peppermint extract (or to taste) and some crushed hard candy peppermints, or chop up some York peppermint patties. I like maple ice cream using maple extract, too. Heck you can use most any extract to flavor it and make whatever flavor you like. I love Heath bits in this ice cream, too. Or use regular mint extract and add green food coloring and mini chocolate chips for mint chip ice cream. If you have leftover ice cream you can freeze it in single servings (easiest) and then let it sit out ten minutes or whatever it takes to soften it up so it's soft serve consistency again. So good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love ice cream. Strawberry cheesecake is my favorite Blizzard..
    2 for 3 did not sweep and mop or get my Bible time..
    did get a little exercise....
    will chat more tomorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD thanks I'm trying it for sure, well first have to find my ice cream freezer,,

Hikr00, thanks on the crackers, I thought I tolds you about the wheat thins, hint of salt they are 16 pieces @ 55 sodium. I only eat them once in awhile., but I love ritz caracker too!!

Umm, the ice cream won't leve my brain, maybe a chocolate, coconut, marshmallow. oh yum...made with cocolate malt,, oh super yum!! That cheesecake sounds good too!!

Substitute Soy Sauce
    4 TBsp balsamic vinegar
    2 Tsp molasses
    1/4 tsp powdered ginger
    1 pinch of garlic powder
    11/2C beef or chicken low or no sodium broth ( make your own)

Heat all the above in a saucepan, boil 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about a cup

Store in fridge, covered tightly for up to 1 week, shake before using

Note, this sauce makes a great stirfry sauce when thickened with cornstarch

Its not soy, but its pretty darn close!

NIKO,, Yelling for Niko!!?? I am pming you, i might have found a way to help you,, dont hold your breath, you know I just applied for ss? I found out all kinds of things,, hang on will pm when I get a minute.. Do you have an accountant?

I need to get busy, I was taking a short break and didnt plan on being gone this long! Oh well... back later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I had the same issue with my last post! It came up asking if I wanted to leave the page. I finally copied my post and then left the page. When I came back on to paste and post my post was there. So weird. Now earlier it said I had a PM waiting. I went to inbox and no new PM. I was offline swimming and cooking dinner etc and when I just got back on now it says I have two PMs but when I open the inbox there is only one. I'm clueless on how to fix it though. If anyone here PMd me and I didn't answer it's because I have no new PM in the box (yet). LOL! Darn thing!

Pinetree, we did talk about wheat thins!! I like them OK but with my jaw they are too "tough" to chew. Ritz tend to melt in my mouth a little better with minimal chewing so I was very excited to find them. I still like my wheat thins though but will have to wait till I can chew better. DH tried one of the Ritz and said he couldn't tell there was minimal salt. I could tell but only because I was looking for it to be less salty. I think had I not known about the salt I wouldn't have been able to tell. I'm adjusted well to the no salt added ketchup too and now it tastes good to me Thanks for the soy sauce recipe!

OM my favorite Blizzard is Heath Bar. But my all time fave thing to order at DQ is the Peanut Buster Parfait. I adore those. Glad you were able to get in some exercise!

SD Maybe that's why I'm dragging my heels on the lupines!! I wonder if I read that somewhere and had it in the back of my head and that's held me back. I totally didn't remember (or I didn't know) that you were supposed to wait till fall. Good thing I haven't done it yet! That's really cool about all the plants you purchased and the extras she threw in. I really need to spend more time on Ebay! I never think of it but you've gotten some good stuff there.

We are renting a boat with the family and spending the day on the lake tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. The little ones are coming too and I'm excited to see how they enjoy a boat ride (or if they get scared and cry and we have to go back to the dock. LOL!) I'll be back Wednesday for my doc appt so I'll check in then.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've noticed people are double posting more than usual today, too. FV must be glitchy.

I had an online friend years ago who got me started with eBay. The first thing I bought was a Peterson Field Guide for eastern birds to have in my office. The idea of an online auction at that time was something we were suspicious of, but we've gotten some great deals there and have only lost $4 over the years, so can't complain. I'm grateful to my friend now for helping me understand it was on the up and up. We love Amazon and eBay because since we live at the end of the road and so far from any real shopping, it's a great resource for us to be able to shop online and have stuff delivered. Not to mention the stuff I find on eBay that I couldn't get anywhere else.

Love Wheat Thins but like Triscuits better. Love Triscuits! I think the Walmart Triscuit clone might be less salty though. We like those, too. I should check out the salt in each of them sometime and see if they really are less salty. Love Ritz, too. So buttery, yum! Actually I like most crackers, which is bad.

I think cooking is on my agenda tomorrow. I finished off the vindaloo for lunch today and I'm out of breakfasts, too. Not good, if I want to stay on track. I need to get focused and see if I can lose two pounds this week. That would be nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm very happy to report Sugar is back to her old self. She's been bouncing around all evening, smiling and going in and out the door. So glad we rebuilt that ramp last fall so it was ready for her this spring, so now we don't have to worry about her safety getting on and off the back porch. She tears up and down that ramp like a pup, and there's no way she could handle the steps anymore. It's a relief to see her acting normal again. I think she's fully recovered from her accident, thankfully. I was so scared for her when it happened.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by hikr00 View Post
    I can't handle humidity either. I don't know how you Southerners do it.
    We stay in the house with the A/C running! It was 102 here with 50% humidity. That made the heat index over 120....dangerous to be outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jean, it's been high 90s with humidity some days well above 70%. and it's been that way since early June, with not much end in sight. We stay in too. Heat doesn't faze DH as much as it bothers me but even he hates this lately. I love the South, lived here all my life, but I do wish our summers weren't so awful.

Yesterday I forgot to take my a.m. meds (anti-depressant and blood pressure) and today I'm feeling it. So today I'm doing the minimum.

For Tuesday:

1) Clean out litter box
    2) Meal prep
    3) Put together shopping list/coupons

and that's it.

Have a good one, everybody.

Oh, Seth's funeral/burial will be today. Please, if you feel so led, continue to pray for his family and many, many loved ones and friends. He touched so many lives in his 17 years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fr has been glitch for several days
    oh I love wheat thins here since we are talking about food....
    wow that is hot..

We have had a nice cool day.
    Washed and dried 3 loads of clothes
    swept and mopped house
    Made bed, un loaded dishwasher, cleaned off kitchen cabinets.
    all done.

Been staying pj's it is so hot In this house.making me depressed. .
    Works g on better habits
    started exercising yesterday.... 5 mins go in to work my way up to 10 mins... any hoo that is the plan
    have a great day
    breakfast for supper..Pancakes and sausage

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!

ilc, That is so sad about Seth, so young, will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.
    you have to watch the meds! Some one loaded my pill box wrong, had a heart pill in the bedtime instead of morning, and it really made a big difference!

SD, Thats wonderful about Sugar!! Hope he's feeling really young now! Thanks for the Ice cream recipe, sounds lke we are all going to have fun with it!
    \
    Hikr00, Have a great time on the boat, sounds like fun!

Niko, thinking about you.

OM, How are you doing? Hope everything is going good for you, WTG, on the exercise!

FW, How you doing with your DH working at home, sounds like things are going back to normal for you.

RABBIT, ??

JEN, ??

Bernice, take it easy..

Hi to anyone I missed.

my list
    check grocery sales
    work
    find something for dinner
    make dinner
    clean bathroom

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been a busy day so far and I like it. I love that my Prevent coach is pushing me into not turning on my computer in the AM. I'm up to three hours of active chores now and it's making a big difference in so many way! The ultimate goal is four hours per day and if I get that far and keep it up, this place is going to shine.

Ta-done:

~cleaned the lint AKA pet hair out of the fins under the fridge. Holy moly! I guess it had been longer than I thought.
    ~washed two loads of rugs.
    ~swept a bunch. More holy moly pet hair. Someone remind me why we decided to share our house with six overly hairy beings who don't sweep up after themselves.
    ~moved the bookcase AKA former TV stand from the LR into the back porch to use for storage. It'll be a great addition back there.
    ~moved another cabinet out of the kitchen into the back porch to use for storage. Ditto. Still have to move the air tools that are in that out to the cabin, since there's no heat in the back porch.
    ~swept and mopped the back porch floor, which really needed it.
    ~sorted and organized a bunch of stuff in the back porch, now that there's more storage there. Big improvement. Still needs more work though, and to get the new tool cabinet that belongs in the garage out of there.
    ~cleaned up a small lunch box cooler I bought at a rummage sale last year. It looks new now, and it's ready to use, finally. It'll be great for day trips, which is why I bought it.
    ~moved newest Crock-Pot to storage in the top shelf of the pantry to make room for the old Crock-Pot, now that I've decided to use the old one till it dies even though it doesn't look that nice anymore. I still like it. Put old Crock-Pot in its new spot, helping to declutter the AeroGarden counter.
    ~stuffed myself into my latest pair of goal jeans, buttoned and zipped them. Never thought that would happen. They're so tight that if I had a quarter in my pocket, you could tell if it was heads or tails, but it's still time to get out the next pair. I lose much better if I don't wear big, sloppy clothes. Tight clothes are a constant reminder of my ultimate goal and how far I still have to go and the work I still need to do. Can't wait to lose a few more so it's safe to drop the big pairs of jeans I've been wearing into the GW box and let them go.
    ~2,500 steps on the ticker already today.

Still have to hang out the second load of rugs. I forgot to do that before I sat down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On track for today with nth-degree tracking of my food. I have one point left right now, with supper accounted for. Any more snacks I have today better be zero points!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Its pretty good not to worry about Dh driving and it sure has gotten the gas bill back down. Has its drawback about me making noise too but all in all better Om thanks for asking

Took DD to work and then dropped the van at the repair place. Waiting for Dh to finish a meeting so I can pick it up and then get DD. I am replacing the belt/tension/pulley set up because the squack and squeal was drawing looks AND getting on my nerves. Add $250.00 to July's enormous total.
    But I didn't want to do our day trip that way. Thinking about Port Huron? Get some dinner and see if there is anything interesting there.

never hit send. Van is fixed, Now it has a rattle. hahaha!