2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 121
Page 121 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122123124131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So glad you heard from your son, FW. I know he's on your mind all the time.

About your mom, it's a process. Be patient. The seeds have been planted and it could take a while for them to mature. But at least she's thinking about it now instead of just rejecting it without thinking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, I thought of this recipe because you said you didn't have stuff to make pickles with, but I'm pretty sure you have the stuff for this recipe. This is an old family recipe my mom used to make all the time when I was a kid. They've never been a favorite of mine but Husby and all eight of our kids always liked them, so a small batch might be worth a try for you to see if you like them or not. They're really easy and quick and you don't have to heat up the house. You can use other veggies, too, just slice thin.

Cucumber Pickles

Cucumbers, very thinly sliced
    1 onion (or more) very thinly sliced
    Salt
    Cider vinegar

Place cucumber slices and onion slices in non-reactive container. Add a tablespoon or so of salt per quart and then add water to cover. Cover loosely and let stand at room temp for a couple hours. Drain but do not rinse, and add vinegar to cover. Let stand a few hours at room temp, then keep refrigerated.

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Ladies, I need this challenge so badly!!

But first I want to say I haven't read through all the posts but noticed that Rabbit lost a bunny. I'm so sorry to hear this! Losing pets is so heartbreaking. I hope the other bunny can find some happiness without his buddy.

I also read SD's post for refrigerator pickles. It looks like the same recipe I've used in the past but I think mine also called for dill seed or celery seed or something. It's been a long time but we enjoyed them regardless. We likened them Bread and Butter pickles which is one of my favorites.

Since the move last year I've found it so hard to get motivated to do much of anything. Just the basics. So completely out of character for me (if anyone remembers my lists from a year or two ago!) Some of it is mild depression. Missing everything and everyone back home in Florida and hibernating all winter long last winter. When spring hit and now summer I've been so desperate for sunshine and warm weather that the last thing I want to do is clean or organize the house. Another thing is this house is so completely different and hard to navigate. It makes for a quirky cleaning session, if that makes sense. It's an old farmhouse kind of style (built in the 50's). The overall square footage is 2000+ square feet, almost twice the size of my Florida house, but the actual footprint is tiny, doesn't have an open floor plan which makes all the individual rooms tiny and it has three levels, in a weird way. It's a constant twist and turn to get here and there. There's the main living, kitchen and bedroom area which is slightly raised above ground, an addition with two rooms that are actually ground level and a full basement with two large rooms, a food pantry and laundry room. There are walls, doors and stairs everywhere. So, I've just mostly kept up the main living areas, shut the door to the addition and keep people out of the basement. Also, the addition is like a dungeon. The carpet is super dark (almost black), isn't insulated so it's freezing in the winter (I was scraping ice off the inside of the windows on Christmas day) and sweltering in the summer. One of the rooms is where our offices are and I can't stand going down there. Needless to say, I can't see the top of my desk. It's become a dumping ground for anything and everything that I can "put off" til later. That room is taking on a life of it's own and I need to get a handle on it!

And there's a hundred other things that need tending to. I really want to get a handle on them before fall sets in…in my case, with my thin Florida blood, that's only another 6-8 weeks (we had frost mid-September last year and I was freezing!)

My list is long but I'll try to get it posted either tomorrow night or some time Friday so I can have some accountability and maybe a few cheers to keep me going.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jumping in, on my way to bed, but remembered

SD, Good Luck on your Drs. appt. tomorrow!! Heres hoping no glasses!!

Its Thurs, right? I have done htis So many times, one of them has to be right!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning All
    Up early w/ pups but heading back upstairs soon
    May do some G.Saling today.
    Have a load I could take to S.A.
    BBL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning to everyone

I had a great visit with Paige. ..she is so happy she is almost 7 months..it has flew by. Her classes start in 2 weeks...

my kitchen is disaster. . So today is kitchen. Sweep and mopping... clean toilet and sink

SD thank u for the recipie for refrigerator pickles forgot about those used to make them all the time... hope your visit with the eye doctor goes fantastic

Welcome make a dollar holler
    I u derstand depression all to well and of course we will cheer u on

Fw enjoy garage saleing, make lots of money

Pinetree I forget what day of the week it is too

Last night local group Sundy Best had concert for flood victims.4 dead. 70 families homeless, 30 families demolished...raised almost 50,000 thousand dollars for the victims...listen to them on you tube
    They are pretty good

Hi to lpelplllllvpelr) ylpoi9pio9 o p9p9p999p99000p

Sassy cat helped me type lol
    hi to everyone have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, no news on the house, but they should officiall sign the papers by 08/03 or they will be officially late and get fined for it.

To do for today:
    1. Install the knobs for the cooking plates. This should be my landlords job, but even after taking pictures of the bloody things he didn't manage to get me the correct ones. Now I have 2 different kinds, but at least all of the fours work again. Woohoo.
    2. Prepare leftover broccoli-ham pasta dish. It has some weird ingredients and I had to make 'ketchup' from what I had on hand because I just don't use enough ketchup. I ll let you know how it turns out.
    3. Vaccuum/dust.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!!

FW, So glad you heard from your Ds! Sounds like hes doing great too! It's going to be nice having him home for Christmas! Have fun at the sales!

RABBIT< I will never change from a waterbed again, maybe next time get a mattress with more baffles, but we have it turned down and its nice and cool getting in at night, this winter it will get turned back up and be nice and toasty! I havent slept this good in years! DH is agreeing now too, hes been sleeping good lately.
    I am still really sorry about your bunny, they are such loveable little things

OM, pickles sounds wonderful!! I can even eat them, with no salt yea
    I bet Paige is getting excited, sounds like you are too! WHen does your new stove come?It feels like its been a couple weeks now, bet you really cook it up when you get it!
    Your furbaby does a good job typing, Tho I cant read it, must be in their language! lol

Ayanka, keeping my fingers crossed that they move out of your house!! You have waited along time for them to get their act together! Hopefully you hear soon
    Let me know how your ketchup turns out, I never thought about making my own! Maybe you can post your recipe.

Ilc, Looks like you are out shopping, Its thursday... Hope everything is going great. I forgot to take my morning pills yesterday, until night time, it really makes a difference on how you feel. Hope you are all better!

Jen, Take it easy, hoping you keep feeling better..

SD, well did you go?? uh, how did it go? I'm really hoping they gave you sunglasses and sent you on your way!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hikr00, Bernice, Hope you are doing ok too!

MADH, Welcome! I remember when you were posting about moving, just jump right in, sometimes we get alot done, sometimes we cry, laugh, just have fun, or just take a day or two to ourselves.

today
    work
    find dinner, again
    find a recipe for brownies
    clean bathroom
    hang clothes in the dryer

Have a wonderful day!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 07-23-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-thanks for the info on the Freighter restaurant. Pretty sure we'll go for dinner. Definitely going to hang on the boardwalk to scope out the freighters going by. DD also suggested the "Raven" It's a small place lined w/ antique books. Not sure if it qualifies as a restaurant or coffee shop. Just hope to find some homey or quaint little shop to browse in too. Like a resale or consignment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree who knows when the stove will be here. We ordered over a week ago it is on back order. .

Making pickles this afternoon
    house work done
    walked 10 minutes...

Thank u MADH, u made my day brighter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, What is MADH? Either I am getting really old or you guys are using stuff I have never heard of!! Or I am just completely out of it! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Make a dollar holler

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, I am losing it!! I cannot believe I couldn't get that,,and just typed it before ... I am retired and out of it!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm back! The doc was full of good news. Everything is healing up nicely, pressure is good, etc, so I'm done seeing docs now. I ordered new reading glasses which should be here next week. Can't wait! I have minimal prescription in them and could probably get by with dollar store readers, but I don't like the quality and need really good glasses for reading and crafts. My eyes also need two different prescriptions, although they're very close. I no longer need correction for astigmatism since both of them now are minimal. My distance vision is very good, 20/20 or better. So I hope I'm set for a while.

I picked up groceries so we don't have to go to town again. It's Blueberry Fest this weekend which means we'll have approximately 40,000 tourists and vendors in town, so it's much more pleasant to stay out of town. Got strawberries for .98/lb! Very cheap for here, and they're nice, too. I bought three so have to deal with them yet today. Think I'll put some in Jell-O. Bought some cukes to make hot pickles, too.

I hit GW too and picked up three great cookbooks, one SBD, one WW, and then one I've looked at retail but didn't want to pay $25 for, The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook. It looks new and even smells new and it was $3. They had just put out that book and the WW book, so my timing was perfect for a change. The other two were just $1.50 each, so can't complain. I was surprised to see the SBD book because I thought I already had them all.

Got my adapters in the mail for my AeroGardens, so I don't have to go to all the work of buying parts and adapting them. Most of them anyway. I couldn't get adapters for two of them so still have to do the work on those. Anyway, I had e'd the seller and asked if they had enough for me to get a dozen, but their inventory was low so they offered me an older style for half the price instead! Yea, me! So I think all told it's only going to cost me $36 to convert all but two of my multitude of gardens to standard CFL bulbs. Compare that with the cost of AG bulbs, which are 3/$30 with almost all my gardens needing two or three bulbs each, and you can see why I really wanted to get these adapters. They've paid for themselves IMO and I haven't even plugged them into my gardens yet. The CFL bulbs I can use now are 3/$10, so if I replace bulbs in three 2-bulb gardens using standard bulbs instead of the AG bulbs, it more than pays for the new adapters. Love that!

I found three more boxes exactly like the ones I had already found to use for pullouts in the new craft cabinet. That was a stroke of luck! They're really nice boxes and finding six of them alike and in good shape isn't something I would be able to count on. Once I make them shorter and modify the middle one and slap on some Contact paper on all six of them, that entire project will be done.

Still have to figure out something for supper. Maybe something grilled. And some strawberries and melon and coleslaw, too. There, that's a plan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

that's wonderful news about your eyes!

what is SBD cookbook?

spent half the day with DD just hanging. I have an MD appt and have to get to the library and CVS. I also need to get down to the basement and get a handle on what HBA items I have stockpiled, I just don't remember and do not want to buy things I already have. It would be good if I did this now, before CVS today as there are a few things I need. But those stairs are steep and my dad looks absolutely exhausted so I could bump down on my tush, but getting back up is not happening today. This is when I get discouraged, when such easy things are hard. But tomorrow I do not have to go anywhere so maybe I can do more. I look at your lists, they are motivating, even though I can't do the same now. they motivate me to do the little things that must be done.