2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 122
Page 122 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh SD, I am So Happy For you!! Congratulations!! Maybe someday I can get rid of my glasses, listen to me complain, I dont even have to wear them all the time..

Oh, let me!! I hope i;m not wrong,, South Beach Diet, Bernice.

Bernice, Dont you dare worry about things you cant do, I am just now starting to get things done, a few monthds ago I could hardly type. It is really frustrating, I know how you feel.

Hospital called, no openings for surgery in sept, she said maybe Oct, she will let me know... Ok by me... yea I know...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yup, Pinetree, SBD = South Beach Diet. WW = Weight Watchers. Those are the cookbooks I use most these days. But I'm still tickled about the Lodge cookbook. I know you're not looking forward to surgery but I'm sorry they can't get you in sooner so you can get it over with.

I'd have loved to get rid of glasses completely, but I'm content with having vastly improved sight and being able to be far sighted again. I can read the TV screens which is a big help to me, and in a pinch with no glasses I can often squint and read something I need to read if my glasses aren't handy, which I could never do before. And if I'm ever gone somewhere and something happens to my glasses, like the time I dropped them by the truck and they got ran over in Door County, Wisconsin, I can just dig a dollar out of my pocket and buy some more that'll work fine till I get home. It's not perfect but it's a gigantic improvement and I can't complain at all.

Got the strawberries all cleaned and the Jell-O mixed up. Big whoop, eh? That's about all I've accomplished today. I slept about three hours last night. Sugar fell off the bed and I kept imagining I heard her rustling around about to fall again and then I'd wake up to help her. Luckily it was only my imagination so she didn't get hurt again, poor girl. I did start sewing a blouse I had cut out and forgotten about. I hope I remember it because it would be cute and really summery. It's from some fabric scraps MauiMagic sent me a couple years ago. I miss MM and not because she's generous.

Bernice, I do lots of little things and I don't have any excuse for not doing bigger things. Little things need to be done, too.

I ran into the meat guy at one of our stores and he told me he had gotten in the turkey chubs I had asked about last time I saw him. I asked if they would be on the ad next week and he said no, he had only ordered for me. He said he could dig them out of the freezer today but I said no. The store was packed with Blueberry opening in town tomorrow and everybody working there was busy as heck. I'm not going to do that to the poor guy. So he said to talk to him next time we're in and he'd get them out of the freezer for me. He told me the price and my jaw about hit the floor. Way cheap. He said something about giving them to me at cost. Try getting service like that from the big chains. I've been really worried about finding ground turkey for dog food with millions of birds dead in this state and egg prices through the roof ($4.29 for 18 large today, and yes, I did buy them) and other ground poultry so expensive, too. Really, really nice of him. I only asked if he knew if there would be a sale anytime soon, and this is the result. Another reason we love where we live.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today, I didn't research the sunflower seeds, yet. The pain levels have been really bad and today I was very light-headed. I think I may need a medication check, so I called and made an appointment with my GP. He'll see me next week.

I'm not keeping up very well with everyone here, but Hugs to all!

Tomorrow:

1. Arrange the rental car for vacation.
    2. Fix the little dog bed. He digs at it and tears the bottom out. Hubby has an old pair of jeans he said I can use.
    3. Go through my yarn and see what I might need for Christmas gifts. I can start a few small projects on vacation.

Have a lovely day, Everyone! I'm thinking of you all!

Jen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've read through the posts but I'm gonna have to start keeping notes if I want to address everyone! This thread moves crazy fast!

SD, looks like you had a good eye appt. That's always good news. My eyes are getting exponentially worse each year. As soon as we got here last summer it was one of the first things I did because I needed good glasses to see what I was doing while applying for work. I got the worst pair(s) of glasses I've ever had in my life. Transition lenses on the main pair and both pair with all the bells and whistles, no glare, no scratch, no this, no that, and something new…HD lenses. Cost me a fortune and I can't see crap. Even went back a week later to make sure my RX was correct. They said yes but I still doubt it. Had some medical issues to deal with lately but now those are over I've got to get back in and get my eyes re-checked. I'm a danger on the road. I can't see street signs until I'm right on top of them and can't see three car lengths ahead of me and I've been driving like that for almost a year now!

Pinetree, I seriously laughed out loud at the "What's MADH?" That was so funny!!

Tomorrow is a big celebratory day around these parts. Most businesses are closed. Mine is but the husband's isn't. We live caddy-corner from one of the main parks in the area and there's a big farmer's market tomorrow. Real farmer's market, not a bunch of craft stuff, so I'm going to walk over there and see what I can get. Local corn is coming in so I'm hoping to get some good fresh corn and some good garden tomatoes. Our plants are loaded but not ripe yet. I did pick my first cucumber tonight but don't see many babies behind it. Looking to pick up some fresh garden cukes too and hopefully some chili's of some kind.

We planted beets in the garden and had almost zero germination. Should have tested the seeds first but one of them must have been on steroids or something because the husband pulled it last night. It's twice the size of a grocery store beet so first thing in the morning before the temps start creeping up I'm going to get it roasting and I think I'll dehydrate the greens to toss in soups later on. While it's roasting I'll straighten the kitchen, dice up the summer squash I didn't get to last night and get it frozen. After that I'll walk over the park to see what I can get before I go grocery shopping. Traffic will probably be bad so I may actually skip groceries tomorrow, we'll see once I get out and about.

As for the rest of my list, in no particular order…and not complete by any means, just what's written on my little board on the fridge:

Clean Hummingbird Feeders and refill - this is a must-do tomorrow
    Finish my weekly planner
    Clean the big white fan
    Clean the little white fan
    Clean the bathroom fan
    Oil the cabinet (high priority)
    Clean black racks
    Clean CD racks
    Spice inventory and refill as needed from bulk in basement
    Go through boxes in basement, inventory and re-pack as needed (this will take several days over a period of time - try to do at least two this weekend)
    Research air filter replacement for air filter
    Wipe kitchen cabinets
    Wipe all window sills
    Wipe all baseboards
    Dustbust all nooks and crannies
    Mop under furniture - ALL furniture
    Straighten office - shred, file as necessary
    Clean out filing cabinet - shred, archive as necessary
    Prepare freezer meals for neighbor
    Clean all knick-knacks
    Full detail on car
    Spot clean house for weekend
    Meal plan for next week
    Set up basement TV and exercise videos
    Figure out new lighting situation for basement
    Finish organizing garage
    Clean out briefcase

There's more but that's what I'm going to start with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-congrats on the surgery results. We have cheap grapes and rasp. going on but I have yet to see blueberries. I also feel blessed that we just missed the races at Port Huron. Thats too much crowd for Dh. Even w/ a handicapped pass we find it hard to park for him at most festivals. That is an amazing price for the Lodge cookbook. I have it but I'm pretty sure it wasn't $3.

Went to 1 G. sale today. The lady basically gave me a stack of cookbooks for $2.
    DD works at 10 a.m. tomorrow but i wish I could get her over there because they had lots of super cheap quilt material. She just told me what to get but it's so specific IDK if I'll go.

Researched a little more about Egypt and I'm not so happy now. He should only be there 3 months or so. Anxiety. And depression. I just want that "kid" back in the U.S.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Researched a little more about Egypt and I'm not so happy now. He should only be there 3 months or so. Anxiety. And depression. I just want that "kid" back in the U.S.
    Is it your son that is there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok, keep forgetting to ask when I run across it, when you get your meat, a bunch of you get "chubs", what does that mean? I'm thinking it's a big piece of meat you slice up to make deli meat or is it meat you cook?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    didn't get to pickles yesterday.
    hope everyone is well

AyAnka hope u get in your house soon

SD good buy on berries, great buy on cookbooks, wonderful news about the eyes

Bernice congrats on the new gowns...stockpile.... it helps alot

Pinetree hugs prayers for your surgery

Jen hugs prayers does pain meds help.? I can't take much have allergies to most pain meds

MADH that is an ambitious list don't over do it.

Fw hope your son is stateside soon.. Egypt worries me. ..

Today's list
    pickles
    unload diswasher
    cook supper

Personal
    water
    Bible time
    excercise. My legs hurts today. But going to muster through

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got busy today
    2 loads washed/putting the second in the dryer
    ran the Dw
    took DD to work
    G. Sale- went back and bought DD a bunch of material for her business

Went to the 2nd G.Sale and saw the sweetest purebred blue tick hound. Wanted to scoop him up and run! But Mackey prob. wouldn't care for that. I just loooove hounds and hound mixes.

Hope to run the bedding today
    and empty that nasty potato bin.
    Vaccumn.
    Starting to get hot so I am hurrying.
    DH had the shakes and chills 2 days ago and guess what? sigh. It's a gorgeous day. I wanted to drop off laundry detergent and dish soap and a check at my fav. rescue where I got Greta as a pup. I wanted to see the new cat room.
    And no they won't give me anyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, you are a sweet friend!

I wish the surgery was soon so you could get it over with.

fw, of course you're worried about your son, but try to focus on him being home for Christmas! I admire him for serving our country.

Did you have fun eating out? Where did you end up going?

om, glad your daughter is doing well. That is wonderful news about the benefit concert for those impacted by the flooding.

RABBIT, I hope sweet Cadbury adjusts to the loss of his bunny buddy.

Ayanka, glad you have a date for something definite to happen about your house.

Jen, you just don't need to worry about keeping up with anyone here! Just do what you can, when you can. I'm so glad you've got a dr appointment soon.

SD, that is fantastic news about your eyesight! So happy for you! Poor Sugar, I hope she's ok soon.

MakeADollarHollar, welcome to this thread! Like I told Jen, just do what you can, when you can. We're not a competitive bunch, but very very supportive of each other. Hope you have a good visit to the farmers' market.

hikr, Niko, anybody else I missed, hi!

We were busy busy yesterday and I never took the time to post. I ended up going to bed at 10, reading for just a few minutes, then I don't remember anything else till 6:15 when I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. Then I fell right back asleep till almost 9. It was wonderful.

For Friday:

1) Move some things around in DS's room to get his bed closer to AC unit since he's supposed to be home today
    2) Call library to renew books DONE
    3) Unload dishwasher DONE
    4) Cook lots of good stuff for DS
    5) General reset of den, kitchen, breakfast room
    6) Clean kids' bathroom

I think that's it. Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, Bernice!! Sorry I missed you.

fw, hope your DH is feeling better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Oh he's fine cuz' he gave it to me lol!
    Doing the anniv. tomorrow. and thank you. Hope fully he only has a few months and then will be in Colorado again in Nov. then home.
    Please can everyone just pray for his unit. They will be over there by the end of the month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, sadly it is anything but a specific date, that is just the date they start fining (both me and the sellers).
    I did get a call from the bank though, apparently they requested info on when the paperwork is going to be signed (standard check) and the lady responsible didn't answer. They called, no calls answerred on Friday afternoon. So I had to explain the whole story to the poor bank clerk. Monday I am asking for another contact, I had a vague feeling about this one before, but this is a screw up, that could end up costing me money. And if I hear one more time, but it is the courts, it just takes so much time, I am going to get more than a bit annoyed. Sorry, just needed to vent a little.

I did extra cleaning yesterday, as I had a friend over today, which I haven't seen in ages. So not so many chores for today, I ll see how I ll feel later on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning,

Fw, sending up prayers right away for your son. I would tell you not to worry, but I know thats impossible, maybe things will change and they will just ship him here to co.
    Happy Anniversary, I hope you have a really good time, and enjoy yourselves, you both deserve it! Great job on the sales!

ILc, thanks, I worry about the smallest things! Glad you are doing better! Enjoy that son while he is home! Will be thinking of you. Did you dream you had a waterbed and slept in? ha ha!

OM, Take it easy, dont do too much, my rehab guy told me to start with a couple days a week and work up from that..Thanks for the prayers. Enjoy those pickles! hugs

Jen, take it easy, like I said, it will be there tomorrow, and we dont want you making yourself sick, trying to keep up!! Theres no way I can do what I use to! Have a good weekend!

Bernice, my chubs from zaycon come in rolls of 10 lbs of hamburger, it comes 4 rolls per box. I divide it up, in pound, patties and 2 lb lots and freeze it. Sometimes I will cook some and package it, I call it crumbles.
    You take it easy, you are going though alot now too, just do what you can and dont push.

MADH, lol, I cant believe I did that, I swear I sat here for a good 20 minutes trying to figure out what that meant! I kept thinking its got to be something easy! lol I am so glad the ladies put up with me here!!
    Dont try to do too much too, you will burn yourself out. I have gotten so far behind, I have to keep thinking at least I got my 3 things done today, sometimes I have to count getting dressed as one!

SD The strawberries sound great. We had blueberries last week for .88, I got some, but maybe they will be more this next week?
    WTG on the chubs, that should save you alot of money!! You really have a streak of luck! Hope it keeps going!!!

RABBIT, um, Thinking about you out on that new mower, zipping along, hows your bunny doing?
    Tell you what, this bed is the best thing I have ever done, if you even think about getting another, get a mattress with alot of baffles, I like the motion, but I think one with more baffles would really help the back out more. My neighbor has a bad back too, and he has a no baffle, so I think its all in what you like.

Hikr00, How the boating going?? Hope you are having fun!

Niko,, still sending up prayers for you, hope things are better hows your hubby doing?

Ayanka, I hope that mess with the house it over soon, that has got to be stressful for you, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I sure hope I didnt forget anyone.

I made arbys sauce last night, we had it on that beef DS cooked and thinly sliced,, on my was it ever good! I love having my No salt ketchup, I can make all kinds of things with it!
    I got a burst of energy and got one wall, all my cabinets, all the appliances wiped down and looking white again! You can walk across the floor with out sticking to it!! My kitchen is cleaned up, wonder how long that will last? If nothing else it looks alot better.
    Albertsons has rump roast on sale for 2.99, thinking about getting a couple and smoking them and slicing them for french dips and sandwiches.

todays list
    make out grocery list
    work
    clean up hutch, dust it

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by pinetree; 07-24-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh I forgot what I did for 'ketchup' yesterday.I took one small thing of tomato concentrate, added water to consistency and then sugar to taste. It does contain salt though, so not suitable for you. But my diced tomatoes don't have salt in it, so maybe mixing those and adding sugar might work? My recipe worked alright for what I needed it, but its an oven dish where it acts as fake tomato sauce (tasters different, but its good), but I am not sure I am loving it when needed for fresh stuff.