2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 130
Page 130 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea, new glasses! I can see again! And I love the frames. Easy to look over and comfortable. Designer frames, who knew I'd get those? LOL. First time for everything. It seems so funny to see those little thin nothing lenses in the frames. Doc said my prescription is now minimal. Best part, I can see letters in books nice and crisp and clear again. The dollar store glasses are okay, but they sure aren't the same as a proper prescription lens.

Husby brought home two romance novels for me from the library, so the research commences. New glasses and new books all in the same day. Life is good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    9/11 -

fw - the dog is in no pain and the vet thinks that she might even have 2 years left, heartworm is in early stages so no need to do anything there. If it gets to a point she is in pain they will PTS, otherwise she gets to live her life out being loved. The found a fospice home in the country.
    Bear with me, very poor memory, we may have covered this, lol- but you have fospice near you? That's what I want to do when I get better. Do you by any chance have a link? We don't have it here yet, when I am better I would have to come up with a plan and a proposal, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Went to doctor.....she said what I am experiencing is cognitive dulling. It is is a side affect from the abilfy. She said I was not able to work... ugh
    also brakes brakes not working on car.. 210 dollars to fix car now more.. ugh

Today hubs is in a very dirty job working on someone's sewere line.. feel sorry for him..

Today unload the dishwasher, sweep and mop.. 2 lead of laundry

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I read half a book already this AM. Nice glasses! I'm so glad I'm through all the surgery and recovery, because it's perfect timing now that I need to drastically step up my reading time.

My status has been reinstated with the writers group I just rejoined. HUGE relief! I've been worried about it because I didn't want to start over and have to work up through the general membership all over again. Getting my status back means I can rejoin the community of people who are past the beginner stage and the wannabes and into the business stage of writing, which is really what I need to relearn because things have changed so much since I was working before. I can also again judge the big worldwide contest they have once a year for aspiring writers, which I did for years and years. I've missed doing that so it'll be fun to be able to do it again. There are other benefits, too.

Sugar wet the bed twice last night, so now I'm doing tons of laundry and trying to figure out how to protect the bed and also minimize laundry when the inevitable happens. I think she can't get down from the bed at night due to the lack of light and that's a problem. I have night lights on for her but I don't think it's enough. Sota likes to sleep right in the spot where she has to jump off, too, and she won't jump on him, and lately if she gets up Chester or Jack often show up and rub against her chest when she wants to jump down, so she can't. I'd crate her but she'd never tolerate it and then I wouldn't get any sleep at all. I'll figure it out, since this ain't my first rodeo with old dogs. I feel so sorry for her. I think I'm going to start locking her out of the bedroom during the day though, since the cats probably keep her from jumping down in the daytime sometimes which could turn into a problem. She normally wants to be where I am so I don't think she'll miss it too much not being on the bed. She has nice soft pads in the LR and usually naps there all day.

The dill I planted in a dirt pot is growing! And the cilantro in dirt is sprouting. I really want some herbs in the kitchen in dirt. I need to start up some rosemary again, too. Our kitchen windows are on the northwest side of the house so I'm not sure how well things will do, but I'm not out much by trying. The two big windows are behind the AG counter though, so I can grow stuff in dirt from the spillover light once I get the three big AGs up and running. It's too soon for the two AG herb gardens to be doing anything but I'm looking forward to watching them.

To-do:
    ~eat right.
    ~finish Mom's curtain.
    ~make grocery lists.
    ~errands.
    ~donate dresser to GW and maybe microwave stand.
    ~dust dresser drawers out and double-check everything is empty.
    ~make salads.
    ~set up bento.
    ~make quiches.
    ~cut old bedspread in half to make pads for the bed.
    ~get through three or four loads of laundry from the bed and remake the bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a mini-dachshund whose mom was run over when he was in utero, only surviving pup. Sweet, sweet dog but he turned out to be brain damaged (vet assumed) because he could not learn things, going outside being the biggest challenge. I put a waterproof mattress pad on because dog stains would void the warranty. Then I brought home some large cloth with a rubber backing pads from when a patient died and the family wanted the "stuff" gone immediately. We cannot take stuff back so the pads would have been trashed so I did not feel bad taking them. You can get these at medical supply stores, completely leak proof and washable. I tried covering most of the bed with them but my other dog would bunch them up and push them over the edge of the bed, lol. So I just covered the spots he tended to use. He did pretty good at night, most nights were dry. Day time not so good, I had to crate him when I was at work, he ran into his crate and didn't seem bothered by it. The worst part was the carpets, they were old and I kept them another 9 yrs until I just couldn't stand it anymore. I had a carpet shampoo-er and found hydrogen peroxide undiluted worked best on stains and did not take away the color of the carpet. I did have laminate flooring and tile in the LR, DR, kitchen. Clean ups easy but if not caught right away, the laminate flooring started warping. Doggie diapers total fail and expensive.

Good luck, it's a hard thing to deal with. Would stairs for dogs that you put by the bed help her?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We figured out that the Frontline we had put on the cats had done nothing at all. I mean nothing. Wolfie, our medium-hair, was just being eaten up by the fleas. So we have gone back to Comfortis ("Begins killing fleas in half an hour") and sure enough, within a short time we were finding dead fleas falling off. By last night there was a shower of dead fleas wherever Wolfie went. Poor baby! I feel so bad for him. The other cats had a few fleas but nothing like he did. He's now catching up on his sleep which was denied him by those fleas.

DH sprayed the house yesterday since we'd had an influx of those tiny black Argentine ants. None of them remain today, either. I really wish we could use organic, non-toxic and non-chemical stuff to eradicate bugs but impatient DH doesn't agree with me.

Slept in again this morning. No end in sight to the heat. It's quite miserable, but we're blessed to be able to afford air conditioning. Otherwise I'd spend my days at the library or a mall.

For Thursday:

1) Clean out and reorganize refrigerator freezer DONE
    2) Wash/unload/put away a load of dishes DONE
    3) Do my laundry, sofa slipcover, towels/washcloths IN PROGRESS
    4) Try to find some items to donate from the roomful of my parents' stuff we have stored here
    5) Deal with the paperwork and mail that has somehow piled up next to my chair
    6) Go to Dairy Queen for Blizzards ($1 of each goes to local children's hospital today)

Have a good day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Bernice. I need to figure out something I can have on top the bedspread under some pads. Otherwise I'll have to continue doing a mountain of laundry every day. Normally it's five dang loads for that bed and it's just a total pain, plus then I have to make it again. I'm hoping I can use the old bedspread which is heavy cotton and should soak liquids up well. I'll just put it where I think she's likely to need it. Then I would just have to do one load. I might be able to use some heavy plastic I have underneath that. I'll give it a try anyway. The trick is to find something that isn't slippery or she'll be falling. I do have makeshift stairs for her made from a low, small chest and a cedar chest next to that. She usually does okay with that unless there's something in the way, like a bratty cat.

ILC, poor kitty! Glad the fleas are dropping like flies though. Ew!

I've never found the organic, nontoxic, etc stuff to be very effective. If it's not toxic, it's not going to kill bugs. I hate using the toxic stuff too but sometimes there isn't any choice, so my strategy is just to minimize it as much as possible.

It's sunny and warm again here, but not as humid as it has been so that's something.

I'm not getting much done today. I hate being sleep-deprived but that's how it is. Sugar is worth it and it's not her fault.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-we use Sentinel which is a fleas/HW combo pill. It doesn't kill fleas but makes them infertile.So once you get it under control more maybe I would suggest that. The only issue I have is the cats could get bit but not for long as they can't multiply.
    Dawn detergent is great too. Make a suds circle around their neck and then wash downward. It suffocates them. We did that w/ the kittens and it never spread to the older cats we had (yes,they were in a separate room but we kept going in and out)

We are battling Gnats. I have up 2 fly strips and a dish of juice and dish soap to little solution. Stupid delicious farm peaches from Port Huron

Saw Ds posted that he was 1/2 way through his service so he must not have moved yet. Nerve-wracking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-Mackey is like that w/ getting sick. Mikey blocks by laying on the floor and Mackey can't get down. We have the crib mattress and blankets I need to do after I purge some donations.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know why I make lists. I never seem to get any of them completed. Today I'm chasing around the internet doing writer stuff and just trying to stay awake. I'm chained to the house till all the bedding is washed, which is annoying. Two loads left and I can't shower till that's done. Ugh.

Let these be my worst problems. I shouldn't complain and I'm actually happy about several things that have happened today so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hit the groc. and bought a cake and some steak for the Anniversary. We made burgers and left the steak I cooked. All 3 of us just wanted burger? weird group. Made a salad w/ organic greens spring mix and romaine. Added walnuts w/ rasp.,forgot to buy croutons but had blue cheese so that was delicious. We ate late on the deck w/ fireflies all around. Nice night. I bought a choc. Ganashe cake and DH was smitten. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, sounds like a nice meal. I'd rather have burgers than steak too. Chocolate ganache cake, oh my goodness....I'm salivating.....

Well, I didn't get the paper stack dealt with but we did find time to go to Dairy Queen

For Friday:

1) That paper stack
    2) More laundry
    3) Give all bathrooms a swish and swipe
    4) End-of-month financial reckoning
    5) Scrub kitchen cabinets

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys checking in!!

Hi to everyone, hope you are all doing well!! I see Jen lurking so I hope you are feeling better too!!

I'm doing better, getting rest and helping where I can, we are almost done, hoping to finish this weekend.

Been eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream, chocolate, marshmallow amd carmel swirls, with dark chocolate fish , oh is it ever good..

Have surgery date, Oct. 5, 6:30am. Am not looking forward to this.

Been keeping my basic list
    get dressed
    work
    find and help with dinner

Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

what kind of surgery, don't feel obligated if it's nothing something you want to talk about. Prayers sent in advance!

I am useless today, yest was just so bad and the night worse, I'm taking today to crash. Saw primary, I was so afraid she would see how I walk now and make me do PT, which would be $60 a week, require more rides and since I have had this stuff going on since Sept, I am completely out of shape, I'd have to go a while. Rather, she said no unnecessary exertion, BP so low, lie flat when possible. I have to get a walker, bah. But she and neuro talked and are cutting seizure med in half so maybe I won't get so confused. Pins and needles waiting to hear from LTD. My rep is nice, I begged him not to make a decision until they get my 2 docs' notes from yest. He said they probably will make the decision, but if they decline me (sounding likely), they will read the MDs' stuff and reconsider without making me file an appeal. Gee, thanks. What a racket. It's July, I'm 100% certain it's January still, never know the day of the week, cannot recall if I have eaten, cannot remember whole days that go by, mix up am/pm, had two seizure-like incidents, only remember 1, never called neuro the next day because I forgot. I need help getting in and out of shower, sometimes need help dressing, fall all the time, walk so slow it drives people nuts. I have this humongous ball of vessels in my brain, right where cognition occurs, it is either growing, bleeding or causing seizures. No BP, pulse still sky high and there's more I cannot remember. How can I not be disabled? My lawyer said they will say you could stuff envelopes so they aren't paying. At this point, i could lick envelopes, cannot be trusted to stuff or mail them, lol. If I didn't need the money, I'd find this so stupidly funny

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Storm moving in. Still can't get my shower I didn't get yesterday. Things are getting ugly.

Ta-dones:

~cut off the legs of my new sewing cabinet so the machine extension isn't up to my armpits anymore. Now I have to make the front panel smaller so my knees fit under better, but I expected that and it won't be a huge deal once I get to it. Sure glad I didn't put a drawer there, like I was thinking of doing. Love that new table.
    ~put the 8x10 stick-on sewing guide that came with my sewing machine extension on. Such fun... NOT.
    ~cut out two partitions in the plastic tray in my sewing cabinet, so the little plastic bobbin tray I got at GW for fifty cents now fits in perfectly. And the covered bobbin box Mom gave me sits on top of it and fits perfectly. Now I can keep 18 black bobbins ready to go and 25 white bobbins ready and they'll all be conveniently organized. I hate having to stop in the middle of something to wind bobbins (bobbin winders on my industrials spoiled me) so I do a few dozen at a time so I don't run out during a project.
    ~sorted some of the small sewing stuff into the tray. I love this tray. It fits exactly into the sewing drawer top to bottom and front to back, no wasted space. The bottom is full size, but then there's a tray that makes a second level that slides for access to the bottom section, or it can be easily lifted out. I got it a while back for Husby's office at a thrift store for $1.69, but then later I bought my new sewing cabinet and it's just a great fit and has so many handy little compartments, it's perfect for me so he can't have it. He wasn't very interested anyway, luckily.
    ~removed an unneeded part that was on the new sewing cabinet.
    ~added a piece of tubing to the lid on my sewing machine so the thread coming off the cones on thread stands behind the machine doesn't wear a groove in it.
    ~put away some little odds and ends, general tidying.
    ~finished my three Prevent Skills modules.
    ~washed up some dishes by hand.
    ~made the pockets deeper on my capri pants so I don't lose my Fitbit in the lake. Also took them in so they're not butt-draggers anymore.
    ~did some more writer stuff. Getting some colored index cards today so I can start a new storyboard. That ought to be interesting, since I'm more of a pantser than a plotter. I hate outlines!

Did someone on this thread ask me about storyboards that I forgot to respond to?

It looks like the local housing authority will probably want our pool table for the apartment building where my mom used to live. I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed for that! I'd LOVE to get it out of here next week. That stupid thing is in the way of so many things we want to do around here that we can't do till it's gone. We found out the local movers won't even move pool tables anymore, so we're really going to be stuck if we can't find someone to give it away to.

Didn't do errands yesterday due to lack of shower and the laundry still in progress, so no dresser donated. It's thundering out there so I don't know if the weather will cooperate to get rid of it today, but I hope so. That'd be one more thing off my list and out of my house. Can't wait to see our newly-expanded GW. I've heard it's really nice. Now there'll be even more ways for me to get into trouble dragging stuff home.