2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 131
Page 131 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My brain feels like I just took part in a looney toons cartoon called chase credit cards. I had the Cc compromised on the 29th where some decided I shopped at Macys-online. Sad for them-I never have. So It stood out right away. I call and get a credit and cancel the card,they reissue. Hasn't arrived after 2 days of course. So today I go up on the new one. Oh look there's the charge.I call. They explain that all my info has been transferred from the old card to the new and a credit take a few days to follow. UM, But the credit was already showing on the old card so why didn't it transfer. Round and round we go. I just ended up hanging up. I can see canceling in the future because its a leftover card that only my gym charge is auto set to anyway. If annoyance and aggravation were only money I would be so rich!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi pinetree!!! Good to hear from you!

Bernice, I wish I sat on the boards or the bench or whatever people sit on when it's decided who qualifies for SSI. We had parents at our school on SSI who did everything anybody else did, but somehow received benefits due to "back issues" or other physical ailments. Totally disgusting. What you're having to go through just isn't fair or right. I'll pray very specifically about that for you.

SD, if the housing authority receives government funding, then I would think you can easily take a tax write-off for your pool table. It would be a win-win situation.

fw, I recently had a card compromised too. Such a pain.

Everyone else, hope you are doing all right. Have a good weekend.

Still working on Friday's list.

See everybody tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, sometimes it's hard to tell if people are disabled, speaking as the daughter of a handicapped person. In years past, people often didn't realize my mom had been crippled by polio at the age of 25. Now it's fairly obvious that my mom is disabled, but twenty years ago it wasn't so much. (She's never gotten disability and probably should have.) I know there's fraud, but not all handicapping conditions are obvious.

We don't itemize lately, but we're already planning to make note of the pool table just in case.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, Pinetree is to undergo heart surgery which has been discussed inhere before, you could read back to catch up on what is was again . Not trying to be anything bad, I know how bad my memory gets flunked and that is when I am 'just' tired (in this case being overly tired not like I had a long day).

Today by the way was a long day after a bad week. I am so glad I am going to have 9 consecutive days off now. I just hope my boss survives next week in one piece, because her week was considerably worse than mine. Well I started my day this morning with getting up in time to go to the car repair shop. First I had to fill up the car, which is on the road so ok. Next I had a traffic jam on the freeway or whatever you call it. I was luckily it was cleared up after about 10 minutes. So I get where I have to be approx, but I can't find the company. Apparently the street changes numbers every mile or so (every time it enters a different community). Well eventually I got there but only after I walked in the competition and asked if they were company X. They weren't happy with it, but did tell me it was further down the road. So I get there, wait 1,5 hours and call my boss to say that I don't know if I ll be able to be an hour earlier as requested (the car is a company lease, it is to the company's benefit that it gets fixed before it gets stolen), but I ll do my best. So after having the car repaired, I go quickly to Aldi and get some grab and go food and some more from the fridge. I eat at work, go to the training I had to be early for that got planned 3 weeks ago, rescheduled yesterday and then rescheduled again because the person who has to give the training has other things to do. After that I worked 8 hours and it wasn't an easy shift, plus half an hour extra to sort out the mess and explain it to the nightshift. Now I am sure there are 3 ta-dones in there, somewhere. Now I am off to bed, see ya tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree, I will read back, i knew you were having surgery but what kind slipped away. I wish you the very best for a speedy recovery. My apologies for not keeping up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hit Big Lots and Ollies and got the rest of the things I wanted to donate to the animal rescue. Still deciding if i want to volunteer.

Picked up DD. Hung out by the "pool" w/ the dogs and DH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Bernice u are not the only one who has trouble keeping up. My mind is fuddled..
    AyAnka 9 days off in a row
    Fw great anniversary
    Pinetree prayers
    SD u do more than any of us

Hugs to all

Hubs had to go to er yesterday for chemicals burns he is burned pretty bad. Lyme plus water equals real bad reaction...
    Both knees, forearms, chest, thighs.

Paige spent the evening in the er with us. ...

She is coming up to spend the day with me.

Brakes went out again put new brake pads on.. taking Putt Putt to mechanic today.

Today dishwasher, sweep floor , mop is drying washed it.....

Don't know what else

Hugs to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DD is coming and finally agreed to do something besides watch netflix, shushing me if I speak. So we are going to my dad's favorite and cheap fish fry place, Claire loves their chicken sandwich.

It is right by Ocean State, I really want to go there and get a safe they have a coupon for to put cash in. Plus, have not been in anything but CVS since Christmas! I have to find a bedroom trash can with a lid, Buddy keeps taking stuff out and strewing it around the house. I can't keep bending to clean it up. He's too fast for me now and knows it, little shit, he walks in grabs his treasure and runs away, lol. These cans are like $30 at BBB. I have a cheap plastic lidded one in the bathroom, too light, he gets in it. So hopes for OSJL. I know there is other stuff I need, hope my memory is back before we go.

Realistically, doing OSJL without a wheelchair is not going to happen, it's way too big and my walking like a turtle drives DD nuts. I hope she realizes with a wheelchair we can go as fast as she wants. We can use my mom's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    hit Big Lots and Ollies and got the rest of the things I wanted to donate to the animal rescue. Still deciding if i want to volunteer.

We have had Ollie's for a little while, went once, didn't find anything. What do you like from there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, you certainly deserve 9 days off. I hope you are able to get some rest.

om, your poor hubby! So sorry! Praying for him to be pain-free and to heal quickly. Hope that car gets fixed at a reasonable price.

Bernice, is Claire your DD? That's my daughter's name. Yes, 16 is terrible with girl children. Ours gave us some rough times, but she has matured into a sweet young woman.

fw, I regularly donate to a local cat rescue but I haven't gotten into volunteering....I just melt when I go by to drop something off...all those sweet kitties who just want a furever home. But I know I have to do it. It's calling me.

SD, yes, there's fraud, and I've seen it. But for people who need it, I'm all for them getting it. It's not their fault they have health issues.

This weekend is tax-free in Georgia on some clothing items and lots of school supplies so I was at Walmart early to beat all the parents buying stuff for the kids (school here starts back on Monday). There was no crowd and I didn't even have to wait in a checkout line. Then I went to Dollar Tree for a few things, so errands are done.

For Saturday:

1) Errands DONE
    2) Add/delete some things to calendar DONE
    3) Pay August's bills
    4) Hose down screened porch (or cajole DH into doing it)
    5) Send out some cards
    6) Reset downstairs

Have a good Saturday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    ILC, sometimes it's hard to tell if people are disabled, speaking as the daughter of a handicapped person. In years past, people often didn't realize my mom had been crippled by polio at the age of 25. Now it's fairly obvious that my mom is disabled, but twenty years ago it wasn't so much. (She's never gotten disability and probably should have.) I know there's fraud, but not all handicapping conditions are obvious.
    this is so true, when my mom first got sick, she could park handicapped and go into maybe 2 mall stores that were close together. She couldn't breathe, she had pain, the handicapped placard was the only thing that made it so she could go somewhere by herself, otherwise she did the walk through the parking lot and she was already done. She wasn't that old, she walked slowly and numerous times people yelled at her for using handicapped. Twice, people parked, caught up to her and said horrible things. She would turn around and go home, crying. It's 2015, everyone should know there are disabilities not obvious at first glance. If it's some kid in his 20s parked there who sprints to the mall entrance and has no handicapped placard, then maybe I can understand feeling the need to yell at him. If a doctor signed that someone needs the placard, then MYOB, you are not their doctor, and if you are healthy, be very glad you don't need to park handicapped. mean people suck

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    Bernice, is Claire your DD? That's my daughter's name. Yes, 16 is terrible with girl children. Ours gave us some rough times, but she has matured into a sweet young woman.
    How old is your Claire?

Claire is a good kid, very sweet with everyone but me since all this crap started. She acts angry at me, rude. The shrink says that is how she needs to act to deal with what's going on. She is so determined to get into a good school, she goes above and beyond in everything. She cannot afford to be derailed by realizing this has been kind of scary, gone on a long time and keeps getting worse. So she "has" to act mean. Her therapist said the same thing. What sucks is they say let her stay at her dad's most of the time, even though she has my parents and a gorgeous room and her dogs here. She cannot handle seeing me every day. So she is choosing my ex's a lot and Bob says she is just as moody there, not mean but really moody, does not even speak to her brother. So I know she is hurting, she's not letting me in to try to help fix it, I have to let her come to me. And therapy. It makes me so sad, we were incredibly close until I got sick. I understand developmentally she is at the age teens pull away, but she is taking that to the extreme. I miss my buddy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Shopped till we dropped

OM, I'm so sorry about your husband. I hope he will . Glad Paige was there in the ER and coming to see you today.

Remember we said we weren't going to a nearby fire hall sale? Nope, swore off sales, uh-uh, got enough to do, too many projects, etc, ad nauseum? You all do remember that, right? Bet you can guess what happened. LOL

I woke up thinking about how much I hated the office chair Mom gave us and how heavy it is and how big it is and how annoying it is and how long I've been looking for just the right chair. And thinking if we go to the big sales, we have the best chance of finding a good chair. So off we went and as soon as I laid eyes on the stuff sitting outside, I noticed The Office Chair. It's perfect! It's sort of like an easy chair on wheels, so pretty and comfy, fancy carved wood arms, and I just love it. That alone was worth the drive (twenty miles one way), but wait, there's more! You won't believe it because I hardly do myself. The truck was so packed that at the end of it all, we had some of the people running the sale standing around watching because as they said, they couldn't believe how good we are at packing stuff and didn't believe we got all that stuff in our Avalanche. Here's a partial list of today's haul because I just can't remember it all.

~The Office Chair, $10.
    ~Wagner power paint sprayer, NIB, $5. Husby almost fell over. New ones are $180.
    ~three baby gates for dog control, .25 each.
    ~small northwoods decor stand with bear, $5.
    ~garden hose, free.
    ~treadmill, great condition, $10. We've been looking for one. It's a Weslo, which in our case is pronounced We Slow. If we love it, we might buy a better one and if we don't, we'll be happy we only spent $10.
    ~shepherd's hook for hanging something off the dock, $2.
    ~floor lamp with a small table built in that's just big enough to set a cup of coffee and a book, no clutter, $5. May need a new socket but I probably have one around, and it needs a shade which I also might have.
    ~a bathroom vanity I will not have to refinish or modify for our master bathroom. It needs a deep cleaning (very dusty) but otherwise it's in near perfect condition. It's a good color match for the bathroom woodwork and the new cabinet we bought last spring, and a good style match for that cabinet, too. This is a high end cabinet with all wood throughout, no particle board, dovetail drawers, outstanding craftsmanship, etc. I'm sure it was originally very expensive. It came with a cultured marble sink/counter with no-drip edges, and a Moen faucet which may or may not need to be rehabbed. Wow. It only cost us $10 for all of it and they kept thanking us for taking it. I'm so happy because the cabinets that are in the cabin that I was planning to use would have needed so much work, so my workload for that project has just been drastically reduced. The sink is one inch too long so I think I'll be learning a new skill and buying some new tools. What a shame.
    ~3 DVD set of some kind of classic country music, .50. (Husby's)
    ~puzzle, I think .50. (Husby's)
    ~six matching rectangular planters that if they didn't have traces of dirt in them would look brand new, .50 each. Perfect to sit on our deck rails next year.
    ~seven vintage Tupperware Square Rounds with nine lids, $1.
    ~two rugs, .50 each.
    ~brand new six foot runner rug, .50. The last one just like it I bought retail was at least $10.
    ~Whirley Pop style popcorn popper, $3. I've been wanting a second one to use just for kettle corn because once that sugar is cooked on, there's no getting it off. It's also the smaller size which is good for portion control and storage.

Then we went on to another private sale on one of the lah-de-dah lakes near the FD. Husby was griping because the tar road was crappy and then it turned to gravel. But it was fun seeing the multi-million dollar houses out there and eventually we arrived and were glad we did because we got:

~a beautiful bird puzzle, $1.
    ~a beautiful stained glass (painted) depicting two adult and two baby loons, $5. Gorgeous. I need some new interesting stuff in my cabin, and I have loon wallpaper border out there so it's perfect.
    ~steel bird feeder like new, $5.
    ~rain barrel I've wanted for a long time, $10, new about $120. As we were checking out, the seller started telling us we'd need a cork for the hole at the bottom of the barrel, then went and got us a hose with an outlet on it and proceeded to tell us how to seal it to the hole. Nice of him! And a nice bonus.
    ~really nice corded wall phone, $1, so I can finally throw out that POS Walmart phone I have in my office. I'm going to put the 'new' phone in my sewing room because it has a really long cord which I need, and put the sewing room phone out on my desk and toss the WM phone in the trash.

By the time we were getting close to the fire hall again, we concluded we probably shouldn't have had pop for breakfast and stopped to go to the bathroom there. We were informed by practically everyone working there that everything was now half price. Uh-oh. And silly us, we thought there was no way we'd be able to cram any more stuff into our truck. But we found:

~Husby got a fancy-shmancy printer that looks like it'll do everything but mate his socks for $5. Normally we don't buy electronics secondhand but it was in the box and the name of Sparky's eye vet was on it. We know he buys high end stuff and that he wouldn't donate something that didn't work, plus the other stuff we got was so cheap even if it was a loss we were still saving heaps of money, so we took a chance.
    ~two small humidifiers, NIB, $3 each.
    ~bulletin board I've been needing to use for a story board, at least 2x4, $5. I'm going to cover it with some pretty fabric, maybe, or at least some burlap because it's being used as a picture frame right now and the picture in it isn't anything I'd want.
    ~pasta maker with three different attachments and pasta bike, all like new, $7.50. Doing the happy dance because I've been looking for two years for a pasta bike that didn't cost $30 by itself. I have the pasta maker and ravioli attachment, so will donate the duplicates, but getting the other two attachments plus the bike is still a huge bargain at $7.50.
    ~really pretty glass bird bath in wrought iron stand, heated and lighted, for $6.
    ~wrought iron plant hanger, $2.
    ~wall mounted TV stand I need for my office, $1. The original invoice was with it: $104!

I just had to pick Husby up off the floor. ROFLMAO! He just looked up his new printer on Amazon. $700!!!!!!!! Wait a second, I think I have to pick myself up off the floor, too. We scored well over $2,000 worth of stuff we'll make good use of for about $100 today! See why we can never completely give up going to sales?

And to make the day even better, when we got home we put all the new stuff away and dragged the offending office chair out of my office, vacuumed it, and threw it in the truck. Then we did the same with the microwave stand we were using for a TV stand in our bedroom, which we recently replaced with an entertainment center. Then we took those in to GW so they're gone, gone, gone. Progress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow spirit deer.... congrats

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was epic.

I'm so tickled about that bathroom vanity. It's going to be so pretty when I clean it up, and it's so much better quality than we would ever buy retail. I'm sure it came out of one of the million dollar-plus houses out in that area, so it was no doubt very expensive when new.

I'm excited about The Office Chair, too. I'm going to be spending a lot of time out there soon and need a good chair. I've never seen one quite like that one and I really love it.