2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 132
Page 132 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Hubs had to go to er yesterday for chemicals burns he is burned pretty bad. Lyme plus water equals real bad reaction...
    Both knees, forearms, chest, thighs.

Paige spent the evening in the er with us. ...

Hugs to all.
    ack, I missed this, how is he today?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice he is covered in silverdyn... I know that is spelled wrong wrapped lIke a mummy..
    He is in some pain.
    He is..burned on his chest, legs, and forearms. ...

He will be alright but off work for awhile ugh..
    At least it was not worse

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, what was he doing with lime?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!

Quick check in here.

OM, OMG, hope your hubby feels better tomorrow, lime burns hurt! hugs

SD, running circles around me again!!

FW, Sounds like you are having a wonderful anniversary!

ilc, Thanks

RABBIT, HI!

Jen, hope you are doing better!

Hi to people I missed.

Feeling better today, DH and I got alot done, inluding the laundry!! The house is 1/2 cleaned up and put away, dinners done, dishes put away, now to sit and relax, finally!!

Tomorrow
    read the Sunday paper, outside on the deck, with my coffee
    fix a jello salad, kids are smoking a brisket, oh yum!!
    work in garden or on flower pots

Have a great Day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Holy Cow!! Just read your post from the sale,, Holy cow!! Man are you running on one heck of a lucky streak!! Keep 'er going!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NO! We need to avoid sales. Seriously! But the search has been going on for years for a good chair for my office, and it's more important now because I plan to be working out there almost every day starting in September if not before. This was probably our best chance at one before winter just based on the size of the sale, but they only had about three office chairs and the others were terrible. So I was lucky today, finally!

I still can't believe it. I'm used to getting good deals but not so many all in one day!

I'm still surprised that pasta maker with all the attachments was still there when we came back. They put $15 on it to start and it was well worth that. I'd have been all over it if I hadn't already had a pasta machine and ravioli maker. I really should have bought it at $15 and probably would have regretted it later when I had more time to think about it, since the bikes are so expensive by themselves which I don't understand. But it worked out nicely that I got it half price later.

Can't believe we got that rain barrel either. And I can't believe it didn't crack when it fell off the truck on the way home.

I see there's a typo in my first post. I think the bulletin board is 2x3 not 2x4. It's a good size for a story board though. I'm happy to have it.

Most of the stuff we bought the second time around, we didn't even see the first time.

I passed up all the Corningware and some nice pieces of Tupperware, too. It may not seem like it but I'm practicing restraint at sales these days. We're trying to avoid buying things we don't have an immediate, legitimate use for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-so sorry.Hope he heals fast.More work loss! Glad Paige was able to come over to the hosp.

ILC-it's hard but not impossible. This med. haired torti has just gotten shaved from the neck to the butt for hairballs. She was hugging me around the neck,so sweet.
    Turns out she is 11 yrs. old. I hope her adoption chances are better than I think.Esp. being so shaved.

SD-Ya makes me ill. HOw do they have those prices!! We went to one and they want so much for everything. $50. for the same dresser I had as a baby! um-no.

Went to the Oxford festival by accident? We just were going to eat at the restaurant in town. We missed the Lone Ranger parade. I am worn out from the heat and walking. Poor DD had to work today. I remember having to work Sat. when I was young.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well took the day off yesterday. I just needed it and I did do the dishes and go to the grocery and such, so I am going to be fine.
    I did call my mum for her birthday, though the call didn't go as planned. I wanted to know whether they wanted to have the wood from the couches I am going to saw to pieces. My parents have a wood stove and a bigger car, hence the question. She didn't want to have it because they are tarnished, fair enough. But the 5 minutes of trying to talk me into letting my dad help and keep the couches for now was annoying. My parents live an hour away and my dad is an alcoholic, so not the kind of person you want to deal with more than necessary. Even for being an alcoholic he is doing bad lately and my mum is projecting her fear/frustration whatever on everyone around. So right now taking some more distance is probably the best for everyone. I just feel bad having to really nearly sneak away from under doing what my mum says, being 27 and saw the couches into pieces on Monday/Tuesday, which will make her upset. The worst part is that the reason I want to do it that way is because my body simply won't be able to take moving in one go like I did it last time. The more I can deal with on my own the simpler and cheaper as I ll probably hire extern help for moving etc. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out.

To do for today:
    1. Bake the burgers I bought on sale earlier this week and freeze them.
    2. Vaccuum/clean up the floor.
    3. Work on the patch work pillow.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanka View Post
    . My parents live an hour away and my dad is an alcoholic, so not the kind of person you want to deal with more than necessary. Even for being an alcoholic he is doing bad lately and my mum is projecting her fear/frustration whatever on everyone around. So right now taking some more distance is probably the best for everyone. I just feel bad having to really nearly sneak away from under doing what my mum says, being 27 and saw the couches into pieces on Monday/Tuesday, which will make her upset. The worst part is that the reason I want to do it that way is because my body simply won't be able to take moving in one go like I did it last time. The more I can deal with on my own the simpler and cheaper as I ll probably hire extern help for moving etc. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out.
    I'm sorry about your dad and then your mom taking it out on you, that is such a crappy dynamic. ((Ayanka))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my plan, go back to sleep, lol, awake since 3 and I am tired. I don't get these meds, they make me tired during the day but at night, when I take more and higher doses, I often have insomnia, grrr. I have no obligations to anyone today, still have jello legs from my big outing yesterday, doc says only crucial exertion so I am following orders by taking it very easy! I have to keep my legs above my heart level, this gets uncomfortable after a long time but I will do it.

I keep forgetting to buy the thigh high TED stockings I need, they compress blood flow so more of it goes to your organs, less to your extremities. But to do it right, you need to do them before your feet hit the ground in the am, blood has not already pooled in your legs and they are supposed to be really tight. Most people wear too loose a size and put them on after their morning routine, you may as well not bother. These suckers are expensive, I have to call insurance about these, as well. They will be a PITA to get on by myself. I may wait and call cardio, he did not say I had to wear them and he's the expert.

So reading and looking over finances, making a medical to-do list. Should start diary since Sept of everything that went on, days in hospital, all MD appts, physical condition (should've been documenting each fall) lawyer said to do this, I've just been putting it on my calendar. I need to shape up and do this stuff.

have laundry but plenty of clean stuff, so will tackle another day, try to space out exertion days.

God, my to-do lists are weird!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning

Hubs is I. Pain every time he moves.. fixing a sewer I told him not to do it...last time he got so I'll he almost died..was in the hospital

I enjoyed Paige...

We had dinner together. Just a normal day...

Today
    As usual sweep and mop
    Bathroom
    Kitchen cabinets

Is anyone else having a gnat problem... they are awful

Working on grocery list today

AyAnka I feel sorry for u dealing with an alcoholic father... hugs

Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok I did my earlier to do list (it did say work on the patchwork pillow cover, not finish is and took a very long walk, which is good as I ll be locked inside for most of tomorrow. They give high temperatures for the afternoon, so I ll have to stay inside in order not to get ill. Clearly my energy level is going up, which is a good thing, I was really getting enough of having no energy. I ll try to work more on the pillow cover, so I might have it finished by the end of next week. I have been working for a long time on it, but I want to start a new project. This would be dealing with the ugly gigantic pillow I made from leftover materials earlier, and making it into 2 smaller (and better filled) ones, each with a new cover. This is going to be quite some job, but there is no hurry in it, its not like I have a moving date or the like.

Bernice and OM, oh my dad being an alcoholic is something I can't remember otherwise, so for me its like a fact of life. I just hate to deal with it, and I hate that my younger siblings do have to live in the middle of that mess. One of the reasons this dreaded house is so important for me, is that if shit really hits the fan at my parents', I could take at least one sibling in (and in dire straits both of them, but that would be rather unpleasant in the current set-up).
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I don't know why they have such great prices here. Part of it is we don't usually buy stuff anymore unless it is a great price, so we're cherry-picking. Everything there was incredibly cheap though. People also know stuff like electronics don't sell well at sales like that, so they're priced accordingly. Also the overhead here is very low. The FD owns the buildings out there, so they don't need to rent space to have the sale, they just park the fire trucks outside to clear the buildings. And then of course there's the reputation they build up for having cheap prices. The fire hall sale, the storage place sale, the Timber Hall sale in Embarrass that they don't have anymore (still mourning), and the Million Dollar Garage Sale we went to twice in Cook, are all well-known and people come from miles around for them. So they draw big crowds and make up for low prices by selling huge volume. People actually plan their vacations around the Cook sale, it's that big and that well known. Seems a little extreme to me but I know it's true because I've talked to more than one person who does that. It amazed me yesterday how quickly the tables were being cleared there. If I saw something I thought I wanted, I knew I didn't even have time to consider it, I had to shove it in my bag and think about it later or it would be gone. But what fun! The bad part for me was we couldn't be in both buildings at once. That drove me crazy! But my priority was The Office Chair. I was just beside myself when I saw it sitting there as we walked up. I knew it was The One.

Ayanka, . I'm sorry you're having to deal with the family issues. As for the furniture and your parents not wanting you to get rid of it, it doesn't get easier. We hauled out an office chair yesterday to donate to a thrift store. It was my mom's and we told her we were going to donate or throw it and she wasn't happy. But it didn't serve our needs and neither of us liked it. She didn't want it back either, and for me that's the key. If she doesn't want to keep it herself, then why am I obligated to? I'm glad you have some time off work to rest and recharge. Even if you're working on stuff at home, at least it's something different to do and maybe not as stressful.

Bernice, maybe if you broke down the organization of the medical events into smaller increments, it wouldn't seem so overwhelming. Like start at the beginning and just focus on what happened the first week before moving on to the second week. Anything to get you started. Usually starting is the hardest part.

OM, your husband got burned with lye? Oh, no! I thought you meant lime, that's why I was confused. I've been thinking of you and him so much and hope his recovery goes very fast.

The tally from yesterday keeps going up. Husby looked up the two humidifiers we got for $3 each, NIB, and they sell on Amazon for $80 each. And I found The Office Chair online, too. It's made in California, my first clue it's probably not a cheap chair, and they do a lot of custom work although I think my chair is stock. They don't list their prices and I can't find any place else that sells that brand, another clue it's probably not a cheap chair. Also the neighborhood it came from. Lucky me! I still love it. This is the exact chair:

Today's to-do is all about getting the family room in order so the people can come look at getting the pool table out of here. I can't wait for that to happen! I'm going to be so upset if they don't take it because our options for getting rid of it are rapidly dwindling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

that is a really nice chair! you all are getting me itchy to try garage sales, thrift shops and GW. I wish I could drive, but I guess I should be happy that I am not buying stuff or using gas. But some of those deals, wow!!! Sort of hoping lawyer says I do not need to have receipts from medical supply company for SSDI. Then I can look for cheap equipment at these places and just happen to look through other stuff while I am there, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Garage sales and thrift shops are like fishing, some days you get your limit and some days you get completely skunked. It can take a lot of time and driving to find good stuff. For us it's partly recreational, so we don't mind the time, and we live in a small town so the driving isn't that bad either. We rarely go out of town to sales anymore, but yesterday was an exception because we knew that sale would be worth it, and the sale where we got the rain barrel was nearby so why not. Days like yesterday, we went with a purpose hoping to find the chair of my dreams or at least something usable, but knowing due to the history of that particular sale that we were likely to find other good, inexpensive, usable stuff even if we didn't get a chair. It worked out great. The final cost was $112.75 plus about $10 in gas and blowing the entire day on the sales, unpacking and putting away, and hauling the stuff to GW. A bargain at twice the price! I'm not counting the money we spent on groceries since we were in town dropping furniture off. Husby did get a great close-out price on coffee creamer. We didn't buy any snacks or excess that way, just a couple cans of SPAM, twelve cans of mushrooms, and the creamer. At least we talked ourselves out of DQ or Subway and went home to eat our own food instead.

I'm also willing to do repairs and cleaning of items we buy, so we get good prices because of that, too. Lots of things don't need anything, but other stuff needs work. The lamp we bought needs work, and the vanity needs a good deep cleaning inside and out, and the sink needs to be cut down. The bulletin board needs to be resurfaced and was actually more than I wanted to pay at $5, but because most of the other stuff we got was so cheap and because the money went to the FD even though it isn't our FD, I was willing to pay more and in total, everything together was still a huge bargain. The Tupperware I bought needs cleaning too, which luckily the dishwasher will take care of the sanitizing and getting that greasy feeling off it, but stuff like that does not present well at sales. It doesn't bother me though. Short term pain for long term gain.

Husby's playing with the new printer. He's in love with the 7.8" screen. I know it's 7.8" because he keeps saying so. LOL. We're so easily entertained around here it's just pathetic.

I looked the pasta maker over and I did have one of the attachments that came with the new one. But my overall gain was the pasta bike and the lasagna attachment which I've wanted, so well worth $7.50 and I'm not unhappy. I've decided to keep the whole system I bought yesterday and get rid of the old one. They're basically identical anyway. Husby is going to see if anyone at work would like to buy the old one. Even if I got $5 for it, it would be more than if I donated it.

I've just been handed a printer test page. Someone is pretty happy! LOL. He's beside himself because we've never had a wireless printer before.

Got a strap made for the treadmill so it'll stay folded and not kill someone falling open, always a good thing.
    Last edited by Spirit Deer; 08-02-2015 at 11:45 AM.