2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 133
Page 133 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!

With the Florida family on the road home (they actually may be there already, they left Friday) things are settling down some now. We are trying to get back into our regular routine which we have missed. It was nice to see the family of course but we really did miss our usual life

Today I'm going to hop in the pool for a bit and get some exercise then this afternoon I need to finish organizing the freezer. I've got it whittled down pretty well but MIL sent us home with food they had left at the camp so I have a few things to store. I tossed them in there but need to line things up better. One of the things we got was a six pack of English muffins and a six pack of bagels, two dozen eggs and a package of cheese. So I'm going to make up a bunch of breakfast sandwiches with those ingredients and freeze those. I really don't want to put anything new in the freezer BUT there's just no way we'll eat all these things up before they spoil. I've done a little Pinterest surfing today checking out some ideas for Christmas crafting and I've pinned a few things. It's about time for me to start getting Christmas projects started so I'm not sewing madly trying to finish on Christmas Eve

So catching up here...

OM so sorry to hear about DHs injuries. That sounds horrible. I hope his pain level decreases today.

SD awesome deals you got there! WOW! I hope the pool table is gone soon. It will be nice to get that out of the house.

Ayanka DHs Dad was an alcoholic. I think you're very wise to get a home and be prepared to take on a sibling or two if the need arises.

Pinetree glad you've got a date for surgery. I like the low sodium cookbook so far. I feel bombarded with salt as being with the family at camp I did my best to keep the sodium controlled but I had limited success as I wasn't buying the groceries or preparing the meal. I did the best I could though. I'm REALLY glad to be back in my own house with my own cooking and my own meal planning. Yippee! DH says it's because I'm a control freak. I hate to admit it but he's right. LOL!!

Hi Bernice! I posted in your thread about books. I hope you find something you love! I just love the interlibrary loan. My library also has the option to read through an app on your smartphone or tablet etc so I check out a lot of books that way too. I do love the option of reading on my phone / tablet / computer etc but there's nothing like holding a book in your hands

On the medical front for you Bernice, SD is right. Just tackle a little bit of the medical stuff at a time. DH has an extensive history and I took it situation by situation going back as far as I could. I wanted to make sure I got it right and it was overwhelming thinking of everything that has befallen him so I did a little here and a little there and finally got it all done. It's nice now because I just pop on after doc visits and update if there's anything new added diagnosis wise or update any med changes. I also keep an updated copy of his med list in my purse just in case because he doesn't remember what he takes for meds. I know them by heart but I fear in a crisis everything I know about his meds would go right out the window in my panic so I need it written. I also have mine printed and in my purse too because he doesn't know what I take and if I can't speak for myself someone needs to know I'm on blood pressure meds. They aren't as important as a lot of meds are but still it's good for medical staff to know what you've got going on to prevent any drug interactions.

Hi to everyone I missed!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hikr00 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    On the medical front for you Bernice, SD is right. Just tackle a little bit of the medical stuff at a time. DH has an extensive history and I took it situation by situation going back as far as I could. I wanted to make sure I got it right and it was overwhelming thinking of everything that has befallen him so I did a little here and a little there and finally got it all done. It's nice now because I just pop on after doc visits and update if there's anything new added diagnosis wise or update any med changes. I also keep an updated copy of his med list in my purse just in case because he doesn't remember what he takes for meds. I know them by heart but I fear in a crisis everything I know about his meds would go right out the window in my panic so I need it written. I also have mine printed and in my purse too because he doesn't know what I take and if I can't speak for myself someone needs to know I'm on blood pressure meds. They aren't as important as a lot of meds are but still it's good for medical staff to know what you've got going on to prevent any drug interactions.

Hi to everyone I missed!!
    I used to always do this stuff for my parents, my grandmother. I forced everyone to carry a med list and healthcare proxy, print it small if it's too much. I did that, too, in fact I had a copy of every family member's stuff in my purse. I left work in Sept, but looking back, some of the cognitive stuff started earlier. Because I stopped updating their meds and records well before Sept, I stopped reading in June and started not being able to remember things at work. I can slowly do this for myself, and I will feel better about it if I know going in, this is going to be slow.

Eventually, have to get back track on my parents's stuff, especially my mom's. But that is low on the priority list or they can update themselves, my dad can help my mom. They have extensive medical histories and tons, I mean tons of meds. I know I should but I cannot deal with their stuff until my house is in order. There are medical geared websites with programs you can use, I might look into one of those.

it's just so strange that I do not think the way I used to, I don't do for me the things I did daily for patients and family. All of this and I mean all of it, I would've been able to keep in my head and easily set up a binder for in case I became incapacitated. I have had almost a year and have not done it. I have not looked up POTs or the thing in my brain. In the past, I would've started researching my butt off. It's almost like there's been a personality change. All my friends and family call me when stuff happens asking me to research it. For me, this behavior I have now, is totally not me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am having a really hard time keeping up with this thread. We were up late last night, had my nephew, wife and kids over. Had a wonderful time sitting around the bonfire until early morning and then got up early because I couldn't sleep. My friend's dog has been having major health issues and when she called at 7:30 this morning telling me her dog was now having bloody diarrhea I told her to take her to the emergency vet and I'd meet her there. It took me 60 minutes to get there and I thought the worst. Luckily it was nothing serious but I am now exhausted from not getting enough sleep. We are planning on cutting wood this afternoon so I got to get a second wind.

om - so sorry to hear about your DH. How awful, praying that he will have a speedy recovery.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Rabbit, be careful with the wood-cutting. Maybe tonight you'll be able to sleep well since you'll be so tired.

hikr, welcome back!

Bernice, I wonder if some vitamin supplements would help with the memory issues? I never really believed in them till my dr found I was deficient in B12, Vitamin D, and a few other things. Since the supplements I've felt better, more energetic, my memory has improved.

SD, when you talked about a pasta bike I had a very interesting mental picture so now I have to Google it.

fw, hope your anniversary worked out well.

Ayanka, so sorry about your family situation. I hope the house thing gets taken care of soon so you can plan your future more securely.

pinetree, you're sounding good!

Anybody I missed, hi!

Last night we ended up doing some more errands (Aldi and Tractor Supply), then this morning after church we went to Kroger to take advantage of the last day of 2x gas points. So now I have a pretty good supply of groceries/cat litter and food for the month. Hopefully I'll just need to fill in here and there if there are any good sales later this month, plus fresh produce and milk. I even found a darling top on sale for a really low price at Tractor Supply so I grabbed that. It's pale peach, 100% cotton, lots of little pintucks and dainty buttons, and it flares very slightly. And it fits wonderfully well. Happy dance!

For Sunday:

1) Church, breakfast, Kroger DONE
    2) Make several batches of brownies to take to former workplace tomorrow IN PROGRESS
    3) Put away all the groceries we've bought
    4) Finish last month's finances and record this month's expenditures
    5) Plan this week's menus

Have a good Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, sorry----I forgot to send good wishes to you and to your DH. I hope he's able to feel more comfortable today and that each day brings big improvement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby and I got the new printer added to our network, so now we can both print stuff wirelessly. Love that! Husby also checked and all the ink cartridges are full. It just gets better and better! The steel bird feeder we paid $5 for sells for $40 new, and the phone I paid $1 for is listed on Amazon, used, for $35. Nice phone, for which we downloaded the manual. It has lots of bells and whistles.

Got the family room sort of tidied. Still lots to do but they can come look at the pool table and hopefully take it out of here soon. I can't wait to see what that space will look like when that thing is finally gone.

Got most of the new dishes from yesterday washed up, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to mention I decided whoever mounted the lake map on the bulletin board I bought yesterday probably had used a brand new bulletin board. I followed up on my hunch and removed the board from the frame and ripped off the map and the plastic that was covering it. I was right! That board has never had a pin in it. So now I have a brand new board for $5 and less than ten minutes of easy work, saving us at least $10 vs. buying one from Amazon. I'll take those 'wages' any day of the week!

Now all I have to do is find my push pins. I bought the index cards to pin to my story board on Friday, so I'll be all set to get started plotting.

Can't believe how many items we crossed off the want/need list yesterday. Even the printer was something we had planned to buy new, because Husby took my all-in-one printer from my office last winter when he threw out his worthless scanner, and was planning to replace it. I said no because I wasn't using my inkjet then but now that I will be in my office, I might need it. So getting this nice used one practically free saved us big.

Yup, Pinetree, you're right about how lucky we've been lately!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post

Bernice, I wonder if some vitamin supplements would help with the memory issues? I never really believed in them till my dr found I was deficient in B12, Vitamin D, and a few other things. Since the supplements I've felt better, more energetic, my memory has improved.

I was wondering that in the beginning so I did gingko, fatty acids (in higher doses this can help depression, so I was taking the higher dose) and B12, then I also take vit d prescribed at a high dose weekly, a multi and calcium. I started back in June of last year when I kind of noticed I was forgetting stuff I wouldn't ordinarily forget and I would forget I had already talked to someone at work about something. It wasn't bad enough to make me think I had a real problem, blamed stress. It was getting expensive and I finally remembered to ask the doc "am I on the right supplements at the right doses?" My doc is very, very blunt, she goes, "gee, IDK, just how many supplements will it take to counteract the giant ball of blood vessels in your brain sitting where cognition happens? NONE, WTH are you doing? You know that! You are throwing money away!" okie dokie, got it! I still do the Vit D, a multi and calcium with D. So I, kind of annoyed said, "then fix the giant ball in my brain, I cannot stand this!" She was nice and reiterated everyone is working together to make that happen. the really bad part is I did not look up side effects. I fell a bunch of times on my face and would get these unbelievable nose bleeds that no amount of pressure would stop, it would be hours and huge amounts of blood. Mentioned that to her, she goes, "2 of those supplements can make you bleed more and 1 of them you were taking at a high dose, do not take anything else unless one of us tells you to!"

um, ok, slinks away. I took tylenol yesterday, it probably has some weird interaction with what I now call The Ball and I'm gonna go toes up for not getting her permission, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-I can't believe you even have a want list after all you've found this summer.

I haven't done anything due to the heat again. I have a big pile of dishes to do once the promised rain hits tonight.
    DH has been weed whacking and using the hedge saw to cut down the giant growth in the parkway beside the drive. Apparently,he sunk into a rotted stump and fell cutting the head off the electrical cord. He isn't hurt so I can say-The man is a cartoon happening constantly. I would have broken an ankle,hit my head,sawed my face,been electrocuted all at the same time. He isn't hurt.

DD got her shirt today at work and her review. The only thing was she needs to clean more thoroughly. That means she is no longer a trainee. The lady they hoped to lose is back. The produce dept. doesnt want her even though it's short handed. Hopefully they can review her so poorly she is exited. Lazy and whiny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello everyone!!

Hope everyone is having a glorious Sunday!!

ilc Thanks, I feel good!

OM, positive girl, have faith, write down those doubts and hand them over to Him... hope everyone is doing better.

Hikr00, feel free to post any good recipies lol, I'm always looking for good ones!

Bernice, Hang in there!

SD, man I don't know what to say, I have never seen anyone pick up things like you have been doing this year! Its just amazing!! Keep it going, you cant lose!!

FW, hope you are having a good day.

Ayanka, I am So Sorry about your Dad, my FIL was a drinker, oh my, the things we went thru with him.. He finally quit about 5 years before he passed, and he was upset he wasted all those years.. but.. I know how bad it can get. hugs. Praying you get your house!

RABBIT, good to hear your voice!, Sounds like you had a great time, dont over work yourself!

Jen, Thinking about you...

Hi to ones I forgot!

Well I tried the morning glory oatmeal, omg, I cannot eat it. oh yuck, its horrible to me.. I really wanted to like it, thought it might help keep my clost. down, but this isnt going to work. The carrots, Pineapple, coconut and walnuts were great, if I could leave out the oatmeal! lol

I got both fridges cleaned out and cleaned up, most of the house vacuumed, laundry all folded and put away, dishwasher ran, put away and reloaded

Froze 20 ccontainers of blueberries, glad I waited, we got them for .75, yea, now I have a good stockpile for winter!

Brought in our first zuchinni, cant wait to eat it! the garden is now starting to produce.

Have 130 heads of garlic, hanging to dry, maybe another couple weeks on it.

DH is out fixing the suv, the ac quit blowing, looks like an easy fix, thank goodness..

Well, thinking about making cookies of something,, i'm needing some sugar I guess

My new saying: You are suppose to say it everyday!

Expect Something Wonderful To Happen Today!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some of the want list stuff has to do with other want list things we've recently acquired, like the greenhouse. Some is tied to the decision to go back to fiction writing, with my target goal being series romance at the moment. You know how it is, something always comes up that you want and/or need just because interests change or circumstances change or whatever. But yeah, we've made a huge dent in the want list.

A lot of what we've bought this year has been upgrades. Like the TV stand in the bedroom. The little microwave cart that we were using worked okay but it sure wasn't anything very nice. The new entertainment center we replaced it with looks nicer, works better, is more stable, and provides excellent storage that we really needed. The pasta maker I bought yesterday is an upgrade because I can make a couple more forms of pasta and I also now have a bike to evenly cut the dough. The new bulletin board is an upgrade I needed because the story boards I have now are too small and the new one is twice the size. Etc.

Another printer was on the want list as I said above, since we'll be short one when I take my ink jet back to my office. It's always something. I really, really needed a new office chair. My old one was an old wood-frame chair I cobbled together from a frame I got for fifty cents thirty years ago, some foam cushions I recycled, and a dolly I made so it would roll. It was amazingly comfortable but eventually the joints started to come apart. It was being held together with nylon webbing I kept applying to it, till finally there was just no sense in trying to hold it together because even the webbing wouldn't do it. I brought home Mom's chair knowing I hated it, but at least it was a chair. But the hunt for the right chair never stopped. I'm particular about it, obviously. A good chair is a big deal for me and I think I have the right one now. And I'm so glad Mom's old chair is gone! I hope The Office Chair I bought yesterday turns out to work as well for me as I think it will. Still excited!

But we're going back to staying away from sales, for the most part. We didn't attend the second storage place sale. We're proud of ourselves for that. We didn't hit any of the sales in town yesterday either, when we took the stuff to GW. We haven't gone for weeks. Some weeks we even skip GW, and when we go there we rarely spend very much if anything at all.

Now on the need lists, recently published series romance novels. I'm having a hard time getting them from the library, but I'm holding out hopes for the library book sale which I think is next month. We haven't attended that in years and years, so I will have to be disciplined and focused when it comes up. It's been difficult purging thousands of books from the house, and now that the end of that is in sight, I don't want to backslide.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Hello everyone!!

Well I tried the morning glory oatmeal, omg, I cannot eat it. oh yuck, its horrible to me.. I really wanted to like it, thought it might help keep my clost. down, but this isnt going to work. The carrots, Pineapple, coconut and walnuts were great, if I could leave out the oatmeal! lol
    sorry, but that sounds yucky, carrots in the oatmeal? Maybe you can eat all the mix ins separately and then have a bowl of plain oatmeal,lol

kudos on 130 heads of garlic!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, stop that! LOL!

I have to say we've had an amazing year! Part of it is we're looking for nicer furniture and it finally dawned on us that entertainment centers are handy for a wide variety of things, and they also come in a wide variety of shapes, styles, and designs to fit different purposes and different spaces. I'm loving the entertainment centers because we drag them home, put them in place, and boom, done, basically ready to use. Nothing to build, no lumber to buy, etc. So much cheaper, quicker, and easier. I feel stupid for not thinking of them sooner for some of the purposes we've bought them.

Can't believe we found the treadmill though. We've looked for a long time and usually they're so junky or they're huge or too expensive. Uh huh, lucky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, I'm going to try a list tomorrow. My foot is not broken, the bone chip in the X-Ray was an old break that I never even noticed. The orthopedist took 2 visits to tell me that and to try to get me to have a cast even though I don't need one. Oh, and she made sure to tell me I was just too fat. The swelling is down markedly and I'm getting around with just a cane and a lot of rest stops. I think it was just a really bad sprain, or an injury to the muscle. Anyway, I'm sick of not being able to get things done, and I'm never going back to that orthopedist!

OM, I hope your husband heals quickly.

SD, great finds! I am amazed at your luck, sometimes! Good luck with the pool table.

Everyone else, Hugs and kisses! I know I'm missing some things, but I just can't remember everything I wanted to say.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Mop kitchen floor.
    3. Dust. The dust bunnies are demanding their own room!
    4. Dailies. They haven't been getting done the way I want them!

Have a fantastic day, Everyone! I've missed you!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jkuhns-oh hexx aren't we all! sorry about your foot. Chipped my wrist when i was a kid and the cast was a bigger nuisance than the injury. He made it so tight and then changed it to a splint. The splint wouldnt go around my teeny skinny arm. So he says Yeah,I guess it was too tight. HOLY crap I grew to mistrust adults. No one believes a smart kid.

We are in the midst of a very active storm cell. We lost power 2x already. Most of it is above us but it is just sheeting down. They are threatening hail and 60 mile an hr winds though so if I am absent tomorrow....