2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 134
Page 134 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just wanted to send before I typed for nothing.
    Sd-JK as always. I am all to well that 1 thing leads to another. I am trying not to get into project I wont really do. And be honest w/myself about the fact of fantasy w/ good intentions leading to clutter. I am so good at that.

Pinetree-you sound like me w/ oatmeal and salad. Not a praise comment. By the time I get done neither is diet or healthy. lol I did get a good sub at subway today. Even stuck w/ the 6". Wish I hadn't chased w/ 1/2 a milky way bar. (no I don't,I just should feel that way.)

OM-good work on the positivity. Could be worse. At least Dh can fix all this stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, hope the storms didn't knock out electricity, etc. I wish we would get some rain.

Jen, hope that foot will be pain-free soon.

SD, there used to be really good stuff at yard/garage sales around here but not so much anymore. Usually lots of clothes, baby stuff, junky toys. Good furniture and household items? Not so much. You're the Queen of the Yard Sales, that's for sure.

om, hope everybody is better today, especially your hubby.

pinetree, I'm not a coconut person except coconut cake in the spring--sort of an Easter tradition in the South. Yellow cake, white icing, lots of coconut on top and sides. Yummy! Also I like Mounds candy. And that's pretty much the extent of my coconut eating.

Bernice, good idea about writing down your medical history. We have to be our own best advocates nowadays.

Everybody else, hi, and hope you're doing well.

Up early today to go to my former school to help this morning with the first day of school. Usually our first day goes very smoothly except for a few crying children and mamas who are reluctant to leave their babies in our hands.

For Monday:

1) Help out at school
    2) Do some financial stuff with DH
    3) Mop
    4) Reset the house after the weekend
    5) Maybe a nap...

Have a nice day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoa no notes this morning..to write to everyone. Been having trouble with village.. being glitchty.

Hubs is in a lot of pain,. Going to doctor this morning...

Paige had dinner with us Saturday and stayed all day... it was wonderful.
    JeremyandMarissa came up with grand kids, and their aunt Sue ate supper with us and visited.
    Some how it got told to the children from son in law that it was 3rd degree burns . It is not down to the muscle thank goodness.
    Worried them all to death..

Today sweep and mop, unload dishwasher, . Dry a load of clothes. ...
    Clean kitchen cabinets and fridge out...

Bblater if I can get time hugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! The weather report says hot and humid today. I don't do either well. I'm a Northern girl and do OK until we get past the low 80's. And when you toss the humidity in with that. Oh it's a bad combo. I told DH last night I'm spending as much of the day as possible in the pool. He is welcome to bust his behind doing whatever he wants to do but I fully intend to do as little as possible. Got easy meals planned and thankfully the house is in pretty good shape so while I *could* do stuff around here I most likely won't. We do not have A/C because there really aren't that many days we'd need it but when we do it's pretty miserable in here. We have A/C units for the bedrooms because we need to sleep but downstairs here we have nothing but a few fans. Eventually I want to get central air in the new house but that's going to have to wait a bit.

So today my to do list consists of stay cool

Rabbit how is your bunny doing? Is he adjusting some? I've been thinking about him. I have a hard time keeping up here too. I'm glad your friends dog didn't have anything serious wrong and you were a good friend to drive down there and sit with them. I hope you got a nap in yesterday or at least some good sleep last night.

ILC that blouse sounds really cute! I have been in our Tractor Supply store but have never noticed clothing. I'll have to look a little closer because I'd love to check that out "live". It really sounds cute, cool and comfortable. Good luck today at the school.

SD I bow to your skills Seriously though you rock at finding deals and also at ferreting out ideas to repurpose things as well. I'd have never thought to rip the map off the bulletin board. I really need to think more outside the box as they say.

Bernice what are the doctors plans to remove or reduce the ball of blood vessels causing your cognition issues? Is that something they can surgically remove or does it have to be shrunk first? DH had a brain meningioma removed a couple of years ago and he's had brain cancer but no blood vessel balls. I hope they can get that removed or shrunk or whatever they need to do so you can get back to your usual life.

FW2 Man your DH was lucky when he cut that cord that nothing happened to him! I'd be like you and have all sorts of bad things happen but thankfully he's OK. Scary stuff. Glad your DD got her shirt and ditched the trainee status. Yay!! Sounds like the place is a good fit for her. As our heat comes in I hope yours breaks.

Pinetree you were on a roll yesterday getting stuff done. Sorry the Morning Glory oatmeal wasn't what you hoped it would be. I'd love the recipe I love morning glory muffins but oh the calories in those are brutal so I avoid them except for very rare occasions. I love oatmeal. DH hates it unless it's in the form of a cookie. LOL! I like the daily saying "Expect Something Wonderful To Happen Today". I will try to post a recipe from the low sodium book for you.

Jen that orthopedist sounds like a real jerk. I'm sorry. I am glad the swelling is going down in your foot and while I'm glad it isn't broken I feel like the orthopedist make you lose some ground there messing around with it. We've missed you here too!!

OM so sorry DH is in so much pain. I've heard burns are really painful and to have it cover so much of the body has to be ten times worse. I hope the doctor has some suggestions to ease his pain once you see him (or her) today. I'm glad you got to spend some time with Paige (just wish it had been under better circumstances). It was nice that the other family members got to come over and visit a bit and glad you could set everyone straight on DHs condition.

Hi to Ayanka, Niko and anyone I missed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hikr00 View Post
    Bernice what are the doctors plans to remove or reduce the ball of blood vessels causing your cognition issues? Is that something they can surgically remove or does it have to be shrunk first? DH had a brain meningioma removed a couple of years ago and he's had brain cancer but no blood vessel balls. I hope they can get that removed or shrunk or whatever they need to do so you can get back to your usual life.
    :
    How is DH?

my plan is moving at glacier speed, first thing is seizure meds then I have a 24 hr EEG at the end of August (soonest I can get in, grr), depending on results, adjust seizure meds. If not better, I'll have tests to see if it is bleeding, apparently not a difficult procedure to fix. Then last, super duper MRI and consult to neurosurgery. I keep asking everyone, will my brain regain my regular cognitive status with any of these treatments? Very vague answers, which worried me, told primary about this. She said it will be a long term process, she does not know how I will be, no one knows that. I asked why this has to be so drawn out, just get in there and take this fool thing out once and for all. She said even though I feel that way, I have to do what neuro says, you cannot jump right to surgery, maybe something else works first. And she said taking it out is up in the air for cognition, what if that gets worse after surgery? Because the 11 months with BP so low no one can hear it still, deprives my brain of proper blood flow and oxygen and brain cells freaking DIE. Oh for pete's sake, there must be treatment for POT syndrome that doesn't wipe out your BP. She said the same old thing, POTs is tricky. Well, I am dead tired of POTs, it's messing everything up, my walking/falls, my independence, being told to try to stay in bed and it's killing off brain cells? I feel like getting my 4 doc team together, let them see how bad I am and then I scream "fix me now" until they do, lol. So really no clue at all on both things, I hate not knowing, lol

thanks for asking, hope DH is ok

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hugs to all but can't hang today. I absolutely must to several things to catch up before the heat. I havent worked all weekend because of the heat. Off to the vaccumn,I feel the temp rising!

Already vaccumned the hall
    Filled and started the DW
    did all the morning pet prep.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, good news about the foot not being broken. I love it when they tell me I'm too fat. You know, in case I hadn't noticed and those extra eighty pounds just sneaked up on me.

Husby's still calculating the haul from Saturday. It's up to $2,700 retail value. Not that we would have gone out and bought all that stuff full price because of course we wouldn't have. It's just for fun. But I dare anyone to tell me again how it's not possible to save money by spending it. There's so much stuff we dragged home that we actually did need and actually would have bought retail, this latest shopping trip saved us hundreds at a minimum, and certainly more than we paid for everything we got. It's only NOT a savings if it's stuff we wouldn't have bought retail if we couldn't have found it secondhand. There was plenty of that, of course, but we're still way money ahead.

Husby sold my old pasta maker for $20 to the second person he asked this morning, so that brings our total cost of the sales down to $92.50 plus gas. I can think of about five things we bought offhand that would have cost us more than that to buy, like the office chair I would have bought retail if I could have found one I wanted, or the much less nice printer we'd have bought when I take back my all-in-one, or the vanity or faucet or cultured marble counter/sink.

So glad now we didn't buy that new bird bath for $45 at Ace Hardware a week or so ago. It was close! I like $6 much more than $45! Which reminds me I need to get that ready to put out for the birds.

Kitties always surprise me. I opened a drawer next to my couch just now to get out some colored pencils, then colored a little chart that took just a couple minutes. When I turned back to put the pencils away, there was Cody, curled up all smiley and purring in the drawer, asleep. She's never done that before. Too cute. I'll let her nap there.

Finally got quiche cups made for my breakfasts. I've been eating two boiled eggs for breakfast every day, but eggs were over $5/18 here so we're going to minimize buying them for a while. Quiche cups take four eggs and make enough for six days, so that'll save eggs, plus I pack them with veggies to that's good for me too.

Got all the new stuff washed up and put away, so there's nothing on the counter.

Installed the new fancy shmancy phone in my sewing room, so it's in use now and not cluttering the kitchen island. I decided to put the old sewing room phone in my office instead of the new one.

Decluttered the island which only took about three minutes. I'm really trying to keep up with the kitchen counters and develop much better habits instead of waiting till things look like they really need decluttering.

Chopped up a big bowl of veggies for a stir-fry for supper. Have to root through the freezers and see what I can find for sausages to make with it.

It's been a great day so far. Hope everyone can say the same.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, late as usual, over slept again!

FW WTG on the 6 inch from subway!! I didnt realize they came with 1/2 of a milky way!! lol, I'll have to try one!! I love their chopped salads, the onion teriki sp. one
    Congratulations to your DD, She is doing so well! Stay cool in the heat, we haven't even hit 100 this year, today is cloudy and high is suppose to be 85, and we dont have humidity, thank goodness!

Bernice, I think the oatmeal is suppose to be like a carrot cake, its all really good except I cannot eat the oatmeal part, its like chewing little bugs,, sorry guys...

ilc, coconut? Mounds is my favorite candy in the whole world!! Oh yum!! I love coconut!
    What do you mean, kinda healthy?
    School already? Man these kids dont have a summer anymore, starts here in 3 weeks, and I remember crying my eyes out when my little guy started,1st grade...

Jen, I am so sorry your Dr. did that to you, what a pain in the back! Hope you start doing better too.. And over weight? Who the heck isnt?? I keep trying and cant lose anything.. Feel better soon..

Hikr00, Hey, not your fault on the oatmeal! I tried, I really thought I could eat it!! I love oatmeal cookies too!
    The pool sounds good, sometimes I wish we still had ours but it was such a pain in the winter, and got to be a pain taking care of it.. Sure would be nice for exercise now...

OM, hope your DH is doing better after the DR. They say the 3rd day is the worse.. Hang in there OM, You are being tested for sure, but you will come out the other side sronger. If your DR says you can't work then dont even think about working, you need her behind you to get ssi. hugs

SD, lol, yep just keep adding up all that money you saved, it tickles the heck out of me! I have never seen any one as lucky as you!! And you must keep it going!! YOu really cant go wrong!! Look at all you have done the last few months!!! Maybe I should give you my list?! Even if I had to pay for shippping to get it here I would still save mega bucks!! lol WTG on selling the pasta maker!

RABBIT, yea, how is that little guy doing? Maybe you could get him and older mate? He must be really lonely...Hows that zero turm doing?

Niko, lol, glad I am not the only one who stays in their pj's! You doing ok?

Hope I didnt miss anyone!

todays list
    dust
    put blankets away
    straighten out hutch drawers
    clean bathroom, floor
    clean off dresser
    find help fix dinner

Expect something good to happen today!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I wonder if you used instant oatmeal if that would help in that recipe. We really don't want to keep the sales going. We're still actively purging and are limiting ourselves to stuff we outright need or have a good use for right now and (the key thing) space for, too, not so much on future projects except for things we've been planning to do at some point anyway, like the greenhouse.

There are four blue jays on our feeder right now. This bunch has been hanging around for a few days. Usually they don't come to the feeder in the summer much. One has an injured leg though, so maybe that's why. I just put out the birdbath and they're sure looking it over, but no takers yet. I don't have a way to plug in the little shower attachment and lights yet, but I'm curious how that's going to work and look.

I found a couple of those black pots you get perennial plants in and doubled them up to make them stronger. They fit nicely into the ring at the bottom of the wrought iron stand the birdbath is on. I filled that up with rocks to add about twenty pounds of weight, so I'm hoping the fat raccoons we have around here won't tip the birdbath. I think it would break if it ever fell over.

I use Subway's sandwich builder online before we go. That's the only way I can fit Subway into my food plan. Even then, I have to brace myself for the hit because the sodium will bump my weight by quite a bit.

It's hard to explain but I bought a metal lamp shade a while back at GW, half price of course. ($4) It was lacking any way to attach it to a lamp, which is why no one else bought it I suspect, because it has bear cut-outs all around it and is very northwoodsy, which of course is popular here. But I figured eventually I'd figure out how to make it work, and today was the day. It looks great on the lamp we bought Saturday, and fits much better with our ideas for a lodge decor theme than the ugly contemporary floor lamp we've been using. Still have to buy or make a finial. I looked on eBay but I'm not willing to pay the price, so I'll just wait. The lamp will be usable without it, and eventually something will turn up or an idea will come to me.

I located a sheet I like to make new curtains for my office. I'm so bored with everything out there, but don't want to spend much to make changes so I'm going to scare up stuff on the cheap or more likely use what I already have. I have curtains made from insulated drapes out there now, but would like to switch to blinds, I think. I'll wait and see if those turn up cheap sometime, too. Or figure out how to remake the drapes. They're still nice and I still like them, just hate the rods they're on and how they operate. Still thinking on that project and it's not a high priority, but I'm happy about the sheet. It'll make nice valances and brighten up the space a little. The pattern is autumn leaves and the colors go with the wallpaper out there and the loon border.

Dragged in the old wall mounted TV stand, too. I'll get that ready to go to GW and get that out of here. It's so funny about the new one because I passed it up the first time at that sale. The second time, I didn't have my arms full of stuff and 10,000 people pushing and shoving around me (the stand is heavy and it was laying on the ground) so I had more opportunity to look at it and realize how nice it really is. It's for an analog TV which is what I have, and it's the size for my TV, and I'm sure I could convert it for a flat screen if I ever need to. I think I'm really going to like it. The timing on that was so strange because I had just last week determined I hated the one I made from the tops of the computer desks I modified, and also that the wall mounted one we had wouldn't work either. And then suddenly this new one appears as if by magic for just a buck, and it looks like new, and came with the instructions and everything. Yup, lucky. Can't wait to get that installed, but it'll probably be at least next winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Tthanks but I think I will give up on the oatmeal, theres got to br something else.

My birds use the water bowl fro the cats, the birds drink and bathe in it, the bird bath hardly ever gets used, they are so funny! My doves use the bird bath, only because they are too slow taking off, and the cats are usually around.

Sounds like you are really busy again! I dont know how you can keep up with everything you are doing!

I only get salad from subway, I have pretty much given up bread, torts, etc, hamburgers I wrap in lettuce.

I cant wait for you to get that green house up!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't wait for the greenhouse either. I'm really looking forward to my diet buddy coming to visit in two weeks, but that's kind of brought a halt to a lot of projects here. The utility trailer and garage gutters are the biggest priorities right now. I wish I was comfortable using my radial saw or ladders when I'm home alone, but if I got hurt out here all alone, I could be laying here for hours with no help.

I can't keep up with everything. That's my problem. But we're getting a lot more selective about what we're willing to work on, and also more willing to pay other people to do some things even if we could do it ourselves.

I moved the birdbath so the little rodents can get to it, and refilled the feeders. The blue jays are back so that means the peanuts will be gone pretty quickly. The chipmunks will be upset about that. It's hilarious watching the critters come to the feeder though. They are very curious about the birdbath and keep looking at it from every angle. I'm wondering who will be the first to land on it and/or get a drink and/or take a little dip.

I'm not sure how much our birds will like a birdbath with the lake right there, but some days I'm sure it's too wavy or too deep for them. I see them taking dust baths some days on the shoulder of the road.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The birds were really going at it yesterday. We had a flock of wrens or something small and grey fly out of the dog pool,saw 2 house finches,2 doves,1 hummingbird,several robins, a tufted titmouse.a few black capped chickadees,several sparrow and a pilliated (sp)woodpecker. No big birds and had some jays fly by but not stop. Which is why we saw the little ones.
    still drying out today after the 2nd storm.

Pinetree-yes go to Subway and turn left at the gas station. Dh wanted a giant slurpee and he was working in the hot sun wrecking our orange cord w/ the hedge clippers so I got him a treat (m.o.n.k.e.y circus)

Got a few small things done and managed to break a corning ware side dish I love. I can only get the nice old heavy ones at G.sales.

Need to hit Costco before our membership bites the dust. We need cat kibble and played this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    J

Husby's still calculating the haul from Saturday. It's up to $2,700 retail value.
    wow! and you never cease to amaze me with re-purposing stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/4 today. It was slow, but I managed. I have to go, but I wanted to get my tomorrow list done.

Tomorrow:

1. Dehydrate peppers. I've got hot peppers coming out my ears!
    2. Clean up my stove. What a mess.
    3. Get rid of some of the paper piles.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, let me see, take a left when leaving subway, um, puts me in the 7-11 parking lot! ROTF, Thats where I get my favorite cold drink called the giant Coke slurpee!!! OMG, I am going to have to have one now!!! Hope I dont have to cut my orange cord to get one, and yes, I cut ours with the hedge trimmers. Thank God we are both OK, if you notice the cord fits right in those holes on the blade, my DH wasn't to happy when I did it and I am not allowed to use them again! lol
    I have to look up monkey circus, not sure what that is or means..

We have been getting alaot of flickas lately, also some kind of little yellow bird, I will have to look them up, we havent seen them around here.

SD do you have a jig saw? I use mine alot, I feel safe with it, well I have to watch the cord, I dont like the battery ones, they are too heavy. Let us know who's first in the bath, bet its a sparrow. Here it would be a robin.
    Doing anything special with your friend coming in? sounds like you are getting anxious..

Hi Jen, Its wonderful seeing you up and around! Take care, we like you here! hugs