2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 135
Page 135 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3585125132133134135136137138145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-flicker? we used to get those and a lot of others pre-dogs. I think the yellow is prob. a finch? What amazes me is how well they all get along. Well,minus the jays and crows. Monkey circus just means its crazy chaotic sometimes around here. SOME of the occupants do weird things (notmeofcourse LOL)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, yep flickers, we dont have crows here, they stick to the towns more.
    My black birds and red wing and starlings all get along fine, my one starling is the one that sounds like a duck, thats his name, he will copy your whistle too, hes funny. Blue jays are ok but kinda mean, squeekers will attack DH when she has babies, she doesnt like him close to them, hes gotten hit in the head several times! Turkey, my male dove loves to be talked to and sit by us when we are outside. And yes they all have names! Except the little ones, there are soo many and are too fast.

The cats dont bother them, the birds dont get too close, we try to keep them out of the cats faces I can only trust them so much!

People at goole probably think I am crazy googling monkey circus and MADH!! Man maybe I should back off my pain pills alittle! lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took hubs to er put in hospital transferring him to a burn unit when possible.. really woried about him. If it is not b one thing it is ten here

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Took hubs to er put in hospital transferring him to a burn unit when possible.. really woried about him. If it is not b one thing it is ten here
    OMG, I am so sorry to hear this. Praying he gets into burn unit quickly and prayers to you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, OMG, I am So sorry! I am sending up prayers immediately, for both of you, he will be getting the best care there, maybe he can get some rest and that will help him heal.. Let us know how hes doing, vent here if you want, we are all here for you.. hugs
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

today was the day I was supposed to start case managing myself, start medical binder, make phone calls to get medical equipment, call disability rep to tell him how I am not getting better and a bunch of other stuff. I've in and out of being confused today, could not find important med papers, just not right.

I did call about the equipment, insurance will cover part of the cost for a wheelchair but will not cover a wheelchair and a walker. Now that's just stupid, people have to get out of the wheelchair sometimes, so they offered me a used walker with an employee discount for $50. $50 for a used, plain old walker, said no thanks. I'll use my mom's, she doesn't use it, I'll keep my eyes open for a used one just in case, pretty sure church has them. The thing I really need to be more independent is the big tub transfer bench, not covered, I think she gave me the discount on a new one, $78 or $178, I forget. These might be harder to find used because they are a huge pain in most people's bathrooms, like here, I don't think I'll be able to get around it to the toilet. So when not in use, I'd need to put the whole thing in the tub, which I would need my dad to do. I'll sniff around the sources I used at work and look online, etc. If it is "only" $78 and I cannot find a used one, I may have to bite the bullet and buy it. This big bench should eliminate shower falls because I just slide over and take my legs out of the tub sitting down. Getting in and out is a big problem and a regular shower seat will not help me with the getting in and out. Shower falls are probably 50% of my falls so I will not be stupid and skip it.

called disability guy after re-writing all the things wrong, that I took forever yesterday writing them down, could not find it, ugh. All papers are in one basket if needed regularly, all med stuff is in a folder in basket. I have a place for important papers I rarely need. So everything lands in the basket or it's in my purse. Only two places and it was in neither. I realized I was not taking care of papers well, so recently purged basket, added the med file and I have tried to be meticulous about papers since. I am so frustrated with myself for losing that list of medical issues, it's much better than the one I cobbled together today. ugh. Disability guy did not call back and I was mad because I thought it was Friday and now I'd have to wait until Monday, so at least it's not Friday, I have that going for me, lol!

called lawyer to ask how I have to handle medical equipment, can I buy used or do I need receipts to show I actually use the stuff? didn't hear back from her.

took care of refills

and did not get anything else done. I know I get foggy so I have to plan really small goals, if I plan too much, I get upset that I didn't do it all or I do it and it's wrong and I've made a mistake. I 100% know this, why do I still get upset about it? it happens, suck it up, move on

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs Bernice,

OM I am so sorry for what happened to your husband. Lye is a nasty thing and chemical burns are bad, I really hope he recovers nicely.

Waves to everybody else. Sorry, we just are a too big buch to say high and comment on everything said for me :s. But I do read up and I do care. At least I am back to the point I actually post regularly so we 'll see.

I do have some good news about the house. Sadly there is no fine for the sellers in being late, which is a shame. But they do have a planned court date the 11th of August, so finally, things might get decided. The proposed date for signing the paperwork is the 31st of August, which is a while, but that is fine for me. I was able to switch some days off, so I don't have to spend a week being bored in 2 weeks.

Today I am planning to saw through the couch. Let's just aim for the big one, also taking the small one down might be a bit too much to hope for.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-so sorry. Keep us advised.
    Ayanka-that was a funny visual w/ the couch,watch out for springs!
    OM's Dh=Lyme not Lye

No solid plans for today. Dogs were barking and got me up too early. Think I may catch a bit more sleep as I was up late watching Tv again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning,

Spent most of the day yesterday driving around trying to find a place that sells precast steps. I hate wooden. We have those here and they have been nothing but trouble. I don't mind them for the deck but not for the front of the house. The places we thought had them do not...they mentioned another place an hour away so we trucked over there and met with them. We got some ideas and checked out the styles they had. The rep will come over next week to do measurements and give us exact quotes. It takes about six weeks to get them made but we can work with that providing we do decide to go that route.

I did get my swim in and got there was a nice breeze out so I was actually able to get some stuff done in here without it being too humid. Today though is pretty sticky out. The grandbabies are coming down today and I promised the oldest we'd have a teddy bear picnic the next time she came down so assuming she still wants to do that we'll be spending some time outside in the sticky. Hoping for another swim today. I have craft night tonight and the last time we crafted was June. We both had family visiting etc so it will be nice to get back on our regular routine.

OM I am so sorry that DH will have to go to the burn unit but it sounds like that would be the best place for him. They will be able to treat him better having him right there and burns are something you just don't want to mess around with. I will pray for his healing and for peace and strength for both of you.

Pinetree what kind of recipes do you want me to check for? The low sodium book has an oatmeal cookie one! LOL!! I thought of you You are right, the pool is nice for exercising and just playing around. It is work but it's not as much work as I thought it would be. DH wants to build a pool house around it so we can use it year round but I"m not sure I want that. I would miss the view of the pine trees around it( haha...Pine Trees! Just like your name) and the birds etc. I told him let's give it a year or two and see what we think. I will say though that when I'm fishing pine needles out of it I think "maybe the house is a good idea!!".

SD I've been on the hunt for a sheet to use as a curtain for my new room. I bought new bedding but naturally can't find a curtain that comes anywhere near it so I've been checking the sheets out. They make such great curtains. My living room and office windows in this house are made with a king size sheet! Any action at the bird bath yet? Our blue jays were squawking something awful yesterday so we were trying to figure out what their problem was. Come to find out the clip holding the sunflower feeder snapped and the feeder fell to the ground. Its one of those steel mesh type ones so when it hit it just sort of folded up and they apparently can't get at the seed. They were a very unhappy bunch.

Jen how did the peppers come out? How is your foot? I'm hoping it's improving. I got through some of the paper piles on my desk. I have a massive "to file pile" that I really need to tackle but I keep putting it off. Not a good plan because it continues to grow...

Bernice I will PM you about DH. Long story but he is doing OK now. I hope you can find all your paperwork.

Gotta run, grandbabies have arrived. Hi to everyone and will check in later. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, I am praying that he gets in the burn unit ASAP and that he begins to feel better and to heal quickly. Vent if you need to, don't feel you have to post if you don't have time/energy, just do what you can.

Ayanka, good news about having some specific dates. Careful with the sofa and hope it goes smoothly.

pinetree, you sound like my DD with Coca Cola icees. She loves them, I don't think a day passes that she doesn't have one. I love CocaCola but NOT in a slurpee or an icee. Can't stand it that way. I just saw that a new form of it is coming out called CocaCola Life. It's sweetened with Stevia and cane sugar and has 35% fewer calories.

Bernice, many hugs to you.

Jen, good to have you posting!

fw, hope you get some rest.

Everybody else, hi!

Since yesterday was pretty much a bust, today is a catch-up day.

For Tuesday:

1) MOP
    2) Finances
    3) Resetting of the house
    4) Movie with nephew
    5) Shopping lists/coupons for the week
    6) Revise menus

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, I think we were typing/posting at the same time. Have fun with those little ones!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-too funny. Dh is a fiend for the Coke (slurpees=7-11 store) Icees. I won't touch well water so i skip them. The kids used to beg for the florescent colored ones and it was always no. I used to call them toxic waste. Coke or Cherry were bad enough.

Hikr00-Our Dneighbor was throwing out 2 and Our wood steps are rotting. Dh knows and of course has done NADA. I would have grabbed them but Dh says "And they will most likely bethere tomorrow too?? What. Again too bad about not being able to shove such things thru the printer.!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, I'm, up but not running around yet, trying to get my bearings

ilc, hey, that coke life is the one I was telling you my son bought for me, here it comes in cans and bottles, the glass is really nice, brings back 100 years ago when all we had was glass, its so cold and tastes so much better! The glass is smaller, if I wasn't so lazy I would go look and see what size they are... ok felt guilty so went and got them, the can is 12 oz, the bottle is 8 oz. 60 calories. I love it, but only have it once in awhile. I could drink coke everyday 24-7.
    Have a great time with your nephew, how did school go?

FW Do you have crows? When we lived in town, crows use to attack my little black cat, they were really mean, I was afraid to let my DS outside with them around. Stay cool and safe!

Ayanka, yippee, hope your dates stick!! Have fun with chopping up your furntiure!! Get alot of aggression out!!

Hikr00, the cookies recipe sounds good, I want oatmeal cookies, but have been trying to find a lower salt recipe, well I guess I'm trying to find everything low salt! or sugar, and fat, ok food with nothing in it! lol Have you found anything good?

Jen, hows your foot doing? Go easy for while!! Its great having you back!

OM, thinking about you, praying everything is Ok. DH wanted to know if he was cleaning a sewer line out with lye and it came back on him? Hope he is doing better. Check in when you can.

Bernice, try taking one thing at a time. hope you can get it all straightened out.

RABBIT, you must be really busy. hugs

SD, um, you're late, wonder if you are out shopping? lol ha ha! Anyone in the bird bath yet??

Going to take it easy, was up most of he night with horrible stomach pains..?? Have no clue, but I am tired.. sure seems I cant get enough sleep.

today
    empty dishwasher
    clean, wipe down table
    check grocery sales, make list

Expect something good to happen today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well things went smoothly. I even managed to do the little one done The couch was not the kind that has springs... I am afraid that it was way more outdated than that, it was a free leftover from a family members so. It is now nicely sorted in wood and iron at the recycling center and pillows in a corner. Not sure what I am going to do with the pillows, if I can give them away I will, but otherwise I ll just dump them at the recycling too, cost or not.

Sorry for the lyme/lye thing, I know its some kind of NaOH solution, but I read 2 different spellings and I didn't check to find the correct one.

For tomorrow I am going to paint the floor in the morning and go to my parents in the afternoon (to give the paint time to dry).
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, I wonder if a pet rescue place would want the pillows/cushions for pet beds?

pinetree, yes, Coca Cola is wonderful! I used to drink it a lot till I started gaining weight. Now it's a special treat for me---usually only when we have breakfast on Sundays after church at the Krystal (sort of like a White Castle for non-Southern people). I've found Krystals usually have really good Coca Cola, or as we say around here, CoCola. And don't try giving me that nasty diet Coke. That stuff is BAD. I need the real thing, the hi-test!

School was fun! Mainly because I had no specific responsibility and I could leave whenever I wanted to. We had a couple of criers, one screamer, and one runner, all on the preK-1st grade hall, so it wasn't bad at all. The runner was caught, the screamer quit, the criers got interested in what was going on the classrooms, so by 9:00 all was peaceful, calm, and everyone was settling in nicely. We did have some crying parents, and a few kids who came in by themselves and needed help finding their classroom, but that's the way it is the first day every year. The main issue was dress code---inappropriate shoes mostly. We have the policy printed in the school handbook and all kids and parents have to read it and sign that they understand and will abide by it. So today there really shouldn't be any problems with clothing.

I also got to talk with some of my former co-workers, which was fun, and also my principal, which was fun too. And saw some parents I know and even a former student who now has a child there. She made a point of coming to me and letting me know who she was---I wouldn't have recognized her. So many kids change SO much in appearance from elementary school to adulthood that they just aren't recognizable.

So it was a nice morning.

I'm sorry about your tummy. Maybe a heating pad would help. I hope you feel better today. Rest as much as you can.
    Last edited by ilovechocolate; 08-04-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling