2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 137
Page 137 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3787127134135136137138139140147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zip, nada, nothing done today. Woke up with a headache that was not going away, so I just took the day off. My head still hurts, and I think it will be an early bedtime tonight.

Tomorrow:

1.Get the tomatoes done.
    2. Clean the stove.
    3. Make the jelly.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know where to post this, everything seems to end up here, lol. I was complaining just the other day that I have had enough, I need even one small thing to get better so I can feel hopeful.

Well, no change medically, BUT I am in shock, I got that "junk" long term disability from work. The case worker had been telling me they were having a hard time deciding. I blitzed him with tons of documentation, probably already had it but wasn't taking a chance. So when he called to say I was accepted I was speechless. The requirements are very strict to keep it and if you get SSDI, you have to pay them back all the months you were waiting in the amount SSDI gives a month. So if I get $1800 SSDI eventually, i have to return that for every month the LTD paid it. And if SSDI does take two years, that's a huge amount of money to pay back. So I'm afraid to use it, lol. I need more information on how that works. But so incredibly grateful to have a safety net and maybe I can use my savings for big debts I owe.

I have to write my dad a check for 7k for the house, because he stupidly never cashed my huge check for the house forever, by the time he did, it was assessed higher so I have to pay the difference. I kept telling him, we have to cash that check and get my name on the deed so if I apply for help, my share of the house is my asset. For their trust, there has to be proof that I paid the extra 7k. I was so mad at him for never cashing the check and waiting almost two years and I get burned with 7k? He said he will over a long time pay me back in cash because he knew he screwed up. I hope we can do that, if not, he's done so much for me what's 7k when you have nothing??? Easy- it's 7K! I wanted to choke him, lol. And then I want to either give my parents a lump sum for all the food they bought and utilities they paid or start splitting bills again.

I'll pay that 7k tomorrow. That will knock out a big part of the savings I was using for COBRA and medical stuff. So I am not quite sure what to do next? All I know, is I want to save the 1800k I'll have to pay back for months and months.

any advice?

and another good thing happened! my insurance approved neuropsychologist visit. For 4 hrs they do a ton of tests to try to help figuring out what is happening cognitively and I got in 8/13! I have high hopes the testing will help pinpoint what is wrong

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice - wow, you got an appointment with the doctor pretty fast. Glad to hear that ins. approved it.

fw - I like your fantasy! In mine, I'm visiting you at your cabin up north and going with you to volunteer at the bear rescue. Gosh that sounds like fun!

sallyj- welcome back!

Jen - gosh I hate headaches that last all day, hope you feel better tomorrow.

om - how is your DH doing? Praying for him.

Niko - I have heard that tooth abscesses are very painful. Sorry that you are not going to be getting any relief until tomorrow.

pinetree - what good thing happened today? I love that!

Got everything on my list done except washing the cars. I meant to but I decided to spray the weeds on the driveway and then realized that I can't wash the cars because the driveway cannot get wet for 24 hours. Typical me, if I would have washed the cars first I could have done both. Took Beastie to the park and we walked for about an hour, she was more tired than I was.

I have offered to foster a dog for Detroit Pit Crew. The dog has already been vetted but the rescue woman noticed some bare patches so she is going back to get a skin scraping. If all is fine I might get her this weekend. Of course this all depends on if my dogs get along with her.

Thursday
    1 - cut front lawn
    2 clean rabbit pen and cat litter boxes
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi to all can't keep up. Can't get on half the time...village is being very glitchy..
    Hubs has surgery Friday. Removing dead skin on his arm , both knees, and tummy.... skin graphs. Ouch...
    New stove comes tomorrow yipppeeeee. ..
    Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    I have offered to foster a dog for Detroit Pit Crew. The dog has already been vetted but the rescue woman noticed some bare patches so she is going back to get a skin scraping. If all is fine I might get her this weekend. Of course this all depends on if my dogs get along with her.
    s
    I would love to do this (not just now, lol) but I'm worried about if I can give them up when the time comes. Have you done this a lot?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-you can come to the cabin and bottle feed bear cubs w/ me at Oswalds.
    I have pined to go to Oswalds just forever! When we went to Drummond Island they had a walleye contest going on and we happened down to the dock area. Everyone was buzzin' about how a sow had had triplets which is very rare. Well,some tourist had accidentally hit the mama and they were sending the cubs to Oswalds. Oh man,the whole island was looking for that guy. They love there bears.
    I can't foster anything,it never leaves. And it's not all me apparently.

I got my Dmom buying into it now. She is like I'll go w/ you to look at it. Oh yeah. I am not taking an 82 y.o. heart patient 5 hrs. plus in the rickety van Up North.
    I have poor navigation skills and she has-none.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko-so sorry. Please dont pull it as it is an anchor tooth. All the others could shift.
    OM-prayers. I am so sorry your family is going through this. Internet was glithy for me this morning too. Yeah,for the new stove.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning
    Hello to all
    I am trying not to worry. But it seems to be all I do. .. he is the burn unit.. getting the best possible care .. UK is a great hospital...
    Surgery is Friday instead of Thursday.

Being drove crazy by friend who wants to spend a couple in Lexington with her boyfriend.. both are married. She wants me to go with her..
    I am not able to sleep in hospital chairs anymore.. I don't want to have him worry over me. And he would

Don't know what I am gonna do today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Swept and mopped , cleaned old stove up....
    Make banana bread today.. Grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anybody heard from Spirit Deer? It isn't like her to be away so long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, thinking and praying for you and your husband. I know you'll be glad when surgery is over.

As to your friend wanting you to go with her, don't do it. If you did you'd be condoning what she's doing. I hate that she's putting you in that position, but she is just wrong.

Bernice, let your friends help. It will bless them as much as it does you. That's wonderful that you're getting in the doctor's office so soon!

Niko, don't mess around with that abscess. I've had one and I had to be on 2 courses of antibiotics, then a root canal on that tooth, and it caused me to have a root canal on a nearby tooth too. Has your dentist prescribed pain meds for you? 'Cause a tooth abscess is about as bad as it gets.

Jen, hope that headache is gone.

fw, way to go on the daydream that maybe will be reality. It all sounds wonderful.

RABBIT, thanks for the Cadbury update. Have fun with your foster doggie!

sallyj08, hi!

pinetree, I'm so glad you got to enjoy a nice long talk with your BFF

SD, where are you??

Anyone I missed---hope everything is going well for you.

Yesterday a routine appointment to discuss bloodwork results with my doctor turned into an emergency visit to a cardiologist. Everything was great except for my kidney function, which had gone down some more, so she and I were discussing changing my diuretic to perhaps help it out. Then she did the listen-to-the-heart/lungs routine ("Deep breath in, then let it out") when I got dizzy and almost lost consciousness so my doctor and the nurse sprang into action---got me lying down, checked BP (low) and heart rate (almost nothing), did an EKG and something showed up, so while the nurse fanned me (I was incredibly hot and sweating profusely plus hyperventilating---couldn't feel my hands/arms up to the elbows) the cardiologist 2 floors down was called and he said to come on. The sweet nurse got me into a wheelchair and away we go to the cardiologist and another BP check and another EKG then waiting....somewhere in there I called DH.... the nurse came in and explained that I have a right bundle branch block that usually is not much to worry about. DH and DD arrived so they got to meet the cardiologist when I did. He (doctor) wanted an echocardiogram done so I got to have a sonagram of my heart! Fascinating! I saw all 4 chambers and it was pumping and there were flashes of blue and red which I guess was oxygenated and non-oxygenated blood. I even heard it. Wow, I just marveled at how the Lord has made us. By that time I was feeling pretty good (also hungry). The cardiologist said everything looked good, but I do have this little conductive issue and to hydrate frequently, take my BP med that my doctor had just changed, and to come back in 6 months.

Afterwards DH, DD, and I went out to lunch. I was very tired so when we got home I slept for several hours, got up for several hours, then went to bed.

So now I have a new doctor in my collection.

Since yesterday was a bust, today's list is:

1) Change litter box DONE
    2) Finances with DH DONE
    3) Unload/reload/run dishwasher DONE
    4) Reset downstairs
    5) Mop
    6) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    7) Change sheets

Have a good Thursday, everybody.

The eyeglasses place just called and my new glasses are ready, so I'll get them later today after my salesperson comes on duty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-Dmom has that and I think Dbro too. Glad you are better. Scary but you picked the correct place to do the almost faint! Take care.

Starting a new plan today to cut back on stupid shopping and eating out so much. I think we will go up north to the blueberry festival which just happens to be by that property and Oswalds. They are having a Lumberjack breakfast about the same time too. I saw properties in the $20,000 ranges I bet Ds would love. I may sent to his facebook. Dreaming is good. But trips cost so cutbacks are in order.

Excited for DD. She got a call yesterday for more hours which I said-take! I will drive you. She said she gets the most hours in the dept other than her boss. And that the manager makes a point of coming over to say hello. She said her boss may be promoted to party planning/events so that would be somewhere else to move up too. So happy for her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC, OMG that must've been scary! Glad you made out ok. If your diuretics are starting to affect your kidneys, you should have a cardio anyways but that's not the normal way to have to get one! lol

I am not anticipating getting much done, I'm foggy today and sedated feeling. Fortunately, DD went with a friend and her mom to see One Direction 4 hrs away last night, so she is tired and wants to be left alone. Fine, I won't have to do handstands trying to make her happy, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Excited for DD. She got a call yesterday for more hours which I said-take! I will drive you. She said she gets the most hours in the dept other than her boss. And that the manager makes a point of coming over to say hello. She said her boss may be promoted to party planning/events so that would be somewhere else to move up too. So happy for her.
    Yay! that's great

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, HELLO?? You ok?

ilc, omg, how scarey!! You watched the ultra sound? The entire bottom of mine doesnt pump, and they had me turned so I couldnt see. Please take care, this getting dizzy is crazy!! and scarey!!

RABBIT, something good that day was talking to my BFF all day! Yesterday something good was I got a card from a dear friend, it made my month
    How the heck do you foster? As soon as they step foot in my house thet are mine forever!! I get attached and cant give them up.
    Expect something good to happen, and see what appears!!

Niko, I am so sorry, dont pull that tooth if you dont have to, on the other hand, if you cant afford it, they are sometimes too much to save, been there. Hope you are pain free soon

Sallyj Welcome back!

Jen, Take it easy, at least you got something done yesterday! What kind of jelly are you making?

FW, dream on! Congrats to your DD!
    I dont know how you keep it together worring about your son. I would be going nuts, hope you hear from him soon.

Bernice, check into it but I think if you get paid twice, one from SSi and one from disability, you have to pay one back, so dont double dip. When FIL got his ssi, they prorated it and he got a huge amount, if you are getting disability, you would have to pay it back, hope that makes sense.
    When DH was on disability, if he made money anywhere else he had to pay them back, so if he had a partime job and made $10 they would take $10 from hid disability check.

OM, I agree with ilc, let her do her own running around, you dont need to get stuck in the middle of someones affair. you have enough n your plate.
    praying for your DH, hope he is feeling better, will keep you both in my prayers.

Hi to anyone I missed

Looking around here yesterday, my house finally looks cleaner, picked up, been almost a year, feels good to see it this way, now if I can keep going.

today
    clean out arrange pots and pan cupboard
    run, empty dishwasher ( lol, RABBIT, Remember this one?)
    find dinner, fix it

had slow cooker enchiladas last night

Expect something good to happen today!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.