2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 138
Page 138 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a call this morning if I could come to work today eventhough I officially had leave, as appartently it was very busy and they were understaffed. Ok shit happens and I know how it can be, but I did want to paint the floors first, so I didn't have to leave the whole room in chaos longer than necessary. At work most people just don't come in if they have a day off so generally they are happy when someone does want to come. Anyhow by the time I come in 3 hours lately there isn't that much work anymore and one of the members of one of the other teams is helping, so an hour later I asked if I can go home again, as its not useful to pay overtime for someone when there is enough staff. Around that I did paint most of the remaining floor (the bits still to be done are for moving around purposes), go to the equivalent to the dollar store for a screw driver and plastic containers for my mum and to screw the plastic junk piece out of the bathroom wall. Ah well, I guess at least I am improving the place, now I hope I can find another renter and an agreement that I don't have to pay the contract fees if I do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I told my friend off today not to drag me into her affair.. we had a battle..
    My stove is great.. baked banana bread.
    Hubs has surgery tomorrow.. his knees are the worse....the burn on his stomach is healing. .... his arms look a little better..
    Will know more tomorrow about the extent of his injuries....... Say a prayer for us

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, you wont have any trouble at all finding a renter, especially if you are fixing it up! Are you getting excited about moving yet?

OM, wtg!! You dont need extra stuff on top of yours!! I forgot to say Congrats on the new stove!! Bet you are loving it! Bet the house smells wonderful too, oh yum, nana bread!! SO glad your DH is improving alittle bit, will keep you in my prayers, hugs

ilc, forgot to say yipee on getting your glasses!! How do you like 'em? I bet you being a teacher you love how I say 'em instead of them huh?

I just found a recipe for 30 minute rolls, going to try them, But am leaving out the salt, anyone know if yeast needs salt? Will find out..

Sure hoping everything is ok with SD.

Something good happened today!! Bid on a huge order, that will pay bills the entire winter!! Looks like we are the only ones bidding on it, Praying we get it!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! Busy couple of days here. All is well. Grandkids came over Tuesday and today. They are full of it but oh so cute and fun. But I am tired! I have craft night tonight too which is nice. I think it will be an early night for me though.

Rabbit I'm glad that Cadbury is holding his own. Good idea to give him a stuffed animal. Maybe he just needs a little extra time to bond with it? Or maybe he just wants to keep tossing it around? I'd be hesitant to get another one too for the same reasons you mentioned. At some point you're down to one and that's so hard all the way around.

Pinetree I'll pull out a couple of the recipes from the book then for you. I've never grown Stevia. Is it a hard one to grow (for someone with a black thumb like mine?)

Bernice hopefully you'll love the person your children pick. And whomever said it is right, you don't get to pick, you just have to deal. LOL! But seriously, you've got smart kids so I bet you'll love their spouse to be when they get there

Having an advocate for your medical stuff is a big help. I am DHs and when he can handle it I step back but when he gets in a situation or questions get asked that he can't understand or process I step in and answer for him. DH had the neuropsych testing also. Long day for him (his was 8 hours). But it really revealed a lot (actually more than we bargained for But it was very helpful. That's great you were approved for the disability. As for the other questions about money I'm going to defer to those with more experience. I don't know how I'd handle it.

FW That cottage is awesome!! I love it. I especially love the pine interior. So pretty and what a great price. That's awesome your DD is doing so great at work!

SallyJ08 glad you're here!

Niko so sorry about the tooth Dental is so stinking expensive. I hope you're feeling better.

OM prayers for DHs surgery tomorrow. Glad new stove is coming very soon!

ILC So sorry about the surprise with the cardiology but glad they didn't have to admit you or anything and hopefully all will stay stable.

SD I miss you and your quiet wisdom. Hope all is well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc - Oh my gosh, what a scare you must have went through! Glad to hear that it wasn't anything that required surgery.

pinetree - you're running an empty dishwasher again? LOL!! Fingers are crossed that you get the order.

om - prayers are still being sent up for your husband. Hope tomorrow goes well.

Well the dog tested positive for mange, not the contagious kind but the director of the rescue would like at this point to keep her with her so she can get her to vet visits. As far as fostering, I have failed in the past but I know that what I have is all I can afford. That alone is powerful, I never want to commit to an animal that I cannot afford. Also, four is my limit! Actually three is but for now it's four. I was asked if I would be willing to foster the dog when she is better and I agreed to it.

Well I had Jen's yesterday, today. I woke up with a headache and have carried it around all day. Got through work but did not cut the front lawn. Will have to do it tomorrow.

Friday
    1 - dailies
    2 - cut lawn
    3 - come up with something for dinner
    4 - everything else that I can't think of that needs to be done!

SD - if you can, just pop in and let us know you're okay. I'm hoping it just a computer or electric issue. We all worry when one of us doesn't check in!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    I told my friend off today not to drag me into her affair.. we had a battle..

Hubs has surgery tomorrow.. his knees are the worse....the burn on his stomach is healing. .... his arms look a little better..
    Will know more tomorrow about the extent of his injuries....... Say a prayer for us
    your friend sounds like she has a lot of nerve to cause an argument when she must know about your DH. Not nice

Many prayers sent!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    Also, four is my limit! Actually three is but for now it's four.
    !
    this sounds very familiar, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RABBIT-we had 4 for awhile and it was overwhelming. DD's dog was getting old and I thought the transition would be easier. Joke-not-was on me because my dog had unknown cancer and was gone fast. (we had a chow/shepherd,beagle mix,shepherd/"lab",a german shepherd/collie) Far too much dog stomping and romping.

Made hot dogs on the grill in an effort to cut costs for the vacation..
    Vans acting up again just in time for it. I feel like marching in to the dealers and going charge it please. Not that I know what I'd get. sigh. Can't I just wave a wand and make my vehicle new?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've had between 3-4 dogs for years. I like 3 better but I knew we wanted to adopt a pit and I didn't want too much of an age difference between the youngest and the new dog so we got her a little early. It worked out well, Beastie fit seamlessly in with the others so I can't complain.

I saw this on some site last night and wanted to share. Thought it was funny.

"Cleaning with dogs in your house is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos."
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, lol, that is really funny!!
    I admire you guys that take care of dogs. Yes, ran my empty dishwasher again!! lol

FW, those hot dogs sound good! Hey, if you wave that wand and it works, wave it at mine and make it new too! I tried looking up your dream home and couldn't find it.

ILC, How are you doing today? Are you having trouble laying and sittting Up??Be really careful, you have to go up and down really slow or you will knock yourself out. Yes, I am worried, you passed out with the ranger a while back too.. Be careful, you think anything is weird call your Dr.

Do you like your glasses?

Jen, hope youare doing good today!

Ayanka, have a great day!

OM, praying your DH's surgery goes well and helps him heal. keepoing you in my prayers..

SD, getting really worried.

Hikr00, Thanks, any recipies will be nice! It feels good being able to eat more things! How you liking those crackers? Have fun with those little one.

Stevia was really easy to grow, I'm going to try it again next year.

Bernice, call and find out what they mean about paying them back. Hope you are doing better.

Niko, hope you got help with that tooth!! That hurts so bad!

I hope I remembered everyone, and the headaches are gone!

today
    finish out a small job
    change vacuum bag
    mail stuff to church

Have a wonderful day and expect something good to happen today!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 08-07-2015 at 09:55 AM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!! Beautiful day here in Maine! DH and I just got the steps moved away from the new house so the excavator can dig today and put the drain down that the original contractor neglected to do even though we paid for it. I really, really do hope he gets what's coming to him. He caused a lot of problems and has cost us a lot of money because we've had to hire other people to do the job after firing him. Such a major headache it's all been. But anyway, at least we're still making progress and at some point we'll get there.

Our plans for today involve our weekly trip to a restaurant for lunch or supper. We go out every Friday for one meal. I love not having to cook or clean up. Otherwise I plan to work on some house stuff with filing paperwork, need to pay the bills and balance the checkbooks. I also started my craft project last night and might take a few minutes here and there to do a little more work on that.

Rabbit, that's too bad the pup has mange but thankfully it sounds like it will heal OK with the treatment etc and she (he?) can come into your home for fostering. I couldn't handle fostering and greatly admire those that can. I just can't let go. Did you finally shake the headache?

FW2 car issues stink! And it always dies at the worst possible time. Our last car we had just taken it to Sam's Club and this was in January of that year. Bitter, bitter cold. I filled it up at the gas tank and then when I started it, nothing. Tried several times (meanwhile cars are piling up behind me because I'm stuck in front of the pump with a dead vehicle. Wrecker came and hauled it off and after having it hauled to three shops they finally all agreed it was dead and not fixable. Pain in the butt! Then of course you're under the gun to get something else and it's such a headache. We luckily still had DHs car but where he gave up his license because of the seizures we hadn't driven it in a year or two. We had to get it inspected (it needed 1000+ of work) and insure it etc before we could run it. Oh man, it was a hot mess. We used that for a few months then got the Explorer. Good luck!

OM said a prayer for your DHs surgery today. Hope all goes well. I also am really glad you new oven came and you're liking it and baking in it already.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What is mange? Is it bad? Sounds horrible!!

ILC, lol, we both started gratitudes!!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, we're both up early today! Yes, when I get up from sitting or lying I'm careful. and I love my new glasses! They have HD lenses, all the bells and whistles, and I can actually see out of them! My prescription sunglasses are big and stylin' like Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I keep reaching up to adjust my glasses out of habit because my old ones were so loose they sliiiiiiiid down my nose constantly. These fit. Whooo Hoooo!

Hope you get that order. When does bidding close?

om, praying for all of you today.

fw, that sucks about your van. Hope it's a quick and cheap fix.

Ayanka, what do you use to paint the floor? I've always wanted to try that.

hikr, glad you had fun with the grands.

RABBIT, loved the quote!

Bernice, I hope you're feeling better today.

Everybody else, hi, and hope everything is going well.

We had some wild storms yesterday afternoon and evening. Tons of thunder, thousands of lightning strikes per minute, wind that blew the rain sideways, electricity that came and went. There were lots of trees down across main roads and traffic lights were out. And it extended into the early morning hours. We had some branches down in our yard but nothing major. Today it's back to sunny, hot, and dry.

For Friday:

1) From yesterday---Mop (I refuse to mop when it rains. What's the use?)
    2) Menu revision
    3) Put away clean laundry
    4) Make a big salad for the next couple of days
    5) Drop books at library
    6) Pick up prescriptions
    7) Clean bathrooms

Have a good Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc: what I use now is just the cheapest white paint in the store that is on organic base, not water base because it will wear enormously. I live in a rental and just making it look good is the goal for now. The floor is so far gone that it doesn't really matter what I do with it as long as it looks good. Its sturdy, but there are a lot of scratches and dents and cause this is not my property I am not going to dump a lot of money in it. What I am going to do for the house if God allows, is to remove all the paint and put colourless tarnish on top of it. It needs about 3-5 layers, but I like the wood look and the house should be original wooden floors. In all honesty however if you have a non wooden floor I would very strongly discourage to paint things, just as I would very strongly disadvice to paint a wooden floor with normal paint.

For today I painted the last bit of the floor, got the footstool I really wanted and assembled it. And thats good enough, I am a bit done for today, tidying up is for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanka View Post
    i I live in a rental and just making it look good is the goal for now. .
    why do you have to do all this work if it's a rental? Sound like big projects!