2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 139
Page 139 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm back! Our stupid modem has been problematic for a while now, and then it just went toes up completely, so we've been without internet for four days. The phone company just got out here to fix it. The good part is I got lots of stuff done since I couldn't be online! Funny how that works. Thank you to everyone who was worried about me. It's nice to be missed.

I'm never going to catch up, so I just want to say I'll be hoping for the best outcomes for those of you who are dealing with health issues, yours or a loved one's including any pets, and I hope anyone else dealing with other frustrations finds an end to that soon, too.

Gotta catch up elsewhere, but just wanted to check in. I'm afraid to open my e mail because my inbox will probably explode.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

luckily, DD is a teen who sleeps late. Because for some reason I slept 'til noon! I never do that, the meds are sedating but I thought i was used to them. It felt great anyway!

I did speak to my SSDI lawyer and she said, yes, with LTD they are "floating" you what you should get in SSDI plus a few hundred more. So if SSDI goes through, I have to pay them back for every payment I will receive in a bulk settlement payment since the day I applied for SSDI. So I'm supposedly going to get $2200 from LTD, my SSDI is estimated to be $1800 so if/when that comes through, I have to pay LTD back the $1800 a month for all the months I had it.

So I get this now, the lawyer said use the LTD money and pay up when I get SSDI. But when/if I get SSDI, the lawyer gets 25% off the settlement. So I do not want to live like I have $2200 a month then not have enough to pay lawyer and LTD back if SSDI comes through. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm being too paranoid? The lawyer said I am worrying about not being able to pay everyone back from the future settlement, that it will work out. Does she not get if SSDI back pays me for many months at $1800 and I have to give all of that back to LTD, where am I supposed to get the 25% to pay her? That seems simple and obvious to me.

She said I can pay back my dad since I am over income for Medicaid and SNAP. But she does not know how far SNAP goes back checking in case I am eligible in the future so I will look that up.

Claire is here and still wants to do "nothing", fine, I'm not gonna beg. May try to get the tons of clean laundry put away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, AW, its about time!! I was starting to have nightmares! I dreamt that you were in the lake, with your ankle stuck in rocks! (Dont ask, I can dream some good stuff)
    Then wonderfing if something happened to you, your DH or DM, OK I can recover from SD withdrawl now! So glad you are OK!
    I never thought about sending you a pm..?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi the village is still glitchy having trouble.

Hubs is out of surgery it went better than expected....they only. Removed the dead skin.. no skin graphs.... I am. So thankful

Got a food basket delivered today.... got beans, pasta, sauce, and another bag of reset potatoes. . I have got 30 lbs give to me in the last 2 weeks..... I am going g to make hash browns and twice baked potatoes for the freezer this weekend

Hopefully I will start sleeping better when he comes home
    Just mentally exhausted
    Hugs to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, I am So happy your DH is doing better and didnt need graphs!! That is really something good to hear!!

You take it easy, he will be home before you know it, then you can feed him those hashbrowns! Hugs

Will keep you in my prayers.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice you are right, normally this is not a renter's job. However I did paint part of the floor white after my earlier frustrations with it, because it was entering nightmare stage on cleaning it (I think there is a rant about it somewhere in this post or last years version in case you have too much time). So I had to do the rest now to get my deposit as there was more color difference than anticipated with the original paint layer. The buttons for the cooking part I just gave up, I asked my landlord several times. The worst part is that he kept giving me useless ones, so I couldn't complain for lack of trying. Eventually I just ordered a set that is made to fit on everything. The couches were mine so I had to deal with it. What I still am going to do are minor things and are to make it a bit more rentable. If I find another renter it saves me months I have to tell that I am not willing to rent anymore in advance (which is hard with the house situation) and a 2 month fine. In total we are talking about 2 k if I am really lucky, so I am fine with risking a bit of money on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I missed yesterday. We had some storm damage to the holly tree and I was busy with that mess most of the day. I decided that this weekend I'm going to use all the fruit I have in the freezer and get my jellies done for the year. I have 2 kinds of cherries, black raspberries and strawberries. Aldi's has grapes on sale this week, so I just might go get some for jelly, too. The tomatoes are pureed and frozen, and I just put the skins in the freezer until I can get around to dehydrating them. The tomato plants are still bearing like crazy and so are the raspberries, peppers of all kinds, and green beans. My pumpkin vines have at least 15 pumpkins on that I can see, so I think there will be some gifting of those...they're neck pumpkins and produce a LOT of pumpkin. I'm sure I'll be canning and dehydrating that. All in all, it's been another great year for the gardens. I'm so happy that hubby made them for me!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'm always thinking of you!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to post my list today. Today I worked in the yard a bit. The backyard is a jungle and I'm trying to do a bit each day. It's so hot out there. I also cleaned all of the bathrooms, plus I made dinner.

Tomorrow's list:
    Work out in yard
    Make dinner
    Clean bedrooms

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om - that's great news on your DH. Were you able to see him today? I'm sure he can't wait to get home.

SD - was hoping that nothing serious had happened to you! Glad to see you back.

3/3 today. Not sure what changed but the rescue woman and dog are coming tomorrow and they are going to do a home check. If all works out and my dogs get along with her, I will be fostering her. I have been wanting to pay it forward for a few months now and it just didn't work with the other rescue I was volunteering with. Not a good fit. I feel that someone opened up their home to foster Beastie until I found her, so I will do the same for another dog. Somebody (pinetree?) asked what mange is, it's a inflammatory skin disease caused by mites. The kind that Annie has is not contagious.

Saturday
    1 - fix parts of fence
    2 - dailies
    3 - go into town to run errands
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, you know how those underwater BFRs freak me out! If my foot was caught under one of those, I wouldn't have a foot anymore! I haven't been out on the bike all week. I'm not sure what to do to make it easier to haul up out of the lake, now that we put the boat rollers in. They work too well, so now I don't have any friction to help me keep them from sliding back in. Husby is still healing, too. Maybe this weekend we'll get out, although my diet buddy will be here a week from today so we have a lot to do to get this house presentable.

This house is in worse shape than usual because we've brought in all the new furniture but haven't had the trailer to haul anything out. I figure we need to get the kitchen and bathroom spotless, and the rest of it somewhat tidy, and that will have to be good enough. We have to finish up some things too, like the getting the brackets for the awning mounted like they should be, so we can use that. It's all going to take days, but it's all good. It's stuff that needs to be done anyway, so this will force us to do it.

I made hot pickles this week and didn't have enough cucumbers, so I used some cauliflower. Oh, yum! I bought three cauliflowers today and I think I'll have to dig out the small crock to make cauliflower pickles in. So good. We've mowed through a quart of the mixed pickles already and they hadn't even gotten into the fridge yet.

My desktop connects to the internet again, thanks to the new modem. That, and stupid Weatherbug reinstalled itself so now everything is slow again. The phone company is coming back in a couple weeks to fix all the things wrong with our phone wiring. We've been meaning to rewire the whole house and cabin for years but you know us, so it's still not done. Right now we only have two of six phones working, and the problem is not the phones. The really stupid part is we usually have two phones working, but not always the same two. My office phone works part of the time, and it's not just the POC Walmart phone acting up, either. Weird. But we finally discovered we have some kind of insurance so the phone company will do the work at no charge, so I'm all for that. Less on my to-do list.

Husby is all hot to buy me a new, big flat screen monitor for my desktop, so I can write the bestselling novel. LOL. He likes to dream big. But I'll probably let him do it. I really hate the one I have. I just hope there's something that'll work with Windows XP.

It's sure nice to have internet again!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hugs and hellos to all. Skipped the lunch w/ Dmom and feel guilty. It has been a few months since I went there. I was so tired today w/ shortness of breath and the shakes. By tonight I felt better and made a nice steak dinner for DH.

DDs' bf got a factory job and should have more hours. He will be putting together mother boards for the computer.
    DD got approved for overtime too. Money money.!!

Dh got told there will be more work even if this project isnt a go so thats a relief I guess because the furnace must be replaced this year before winter period and I cant nurse the van along forever.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Going to lexington to get hubby..,
    Removed dead skin and no skin graphs.
    Better out come than we thought. ..

Will catch up next week.. hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om - that's great that your DH will be able to come home today. Hope his healing goes well.

SD - isn't it funny how much we get done around our houses when we know we have guests coming over? Sometimes I do it on purpose just to get my butt in gear!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, that's wonderful about your DH! Continuing to pray for all of you.

SD, welcome back! Did you have internet withdrawal? Yes, it's a real thing, I Googled it

fw, great that the jobs for everyone are working out.

RABBIT, good luck with your home visit.

Jen, wow, your garden sounds fantastic. We've had some tomatoes, one bell pepper, and a few Yukon Gold potatoes. And that's all. It doesn't discourage DH, though---he's already planning next years's garden.

sallyj08, it gets so hot/humid here that except for EARLY (like 6 a.m.) it's almost impossible to do anything outside. When oh when is it going to cool down???

Ayanka, thanks for the info about the floor paint.

Bernice, some attorneys just don't "get it" when it comes to financial situations. Sounds like the one you talked to is that way.

pinetree, you're sounding so good!

Didn't get my salad made yesterday so that is carried over to today.

For Saturday:

1) Make salad
    2) Gather more items to donate
    3) Scrub kitchen cabinets
    4) Clean out car
    5) Reset den
    6) Organize top shelf of pantry
    7) Paint toenails

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, I used to plan dinners, parties, get-togethers at our house just to force me to clean up. Otherwise we would have lived in a perpetually dirty house.