2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 140
Page 140 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did have a little internet withdrawal. I kept thinking about all you guys and hoping all was well with you. I also missed it for looking up info, and we need to do an Amazon order too, because we get our dogs' vitamins and supplements from there and they're running out. And I need to e my primary doc since our clinic denied the referral for my eye surgeries, so now insurance says they won't pay. I was all like WTH? only with worse words, since the insurance assured me repeatedly they'd pay. I'm sure it'll all get straightened out eventually but the quickest way to fix it is talk to our primary and get him to sign off on it, if possible. It's impossible to get him on the phone, but he does respond to his e mail.

That's an idea, have company just so I have to clean. Too bad we don't like people all that much! But I'll have to give that some thought.

Should be a busy day here. Have to clean, clean, clean, and just for fun since Husby left the upright freezer door open a crack and there's now an inch of frost on everything in it, we get to defrost that in our spare time, too. Ugh. I hate this shuffling of stuff. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I'd rather just sort stuff and put it where it goes so it's done once and for all. Unfortunately that's still a long process we don't have time for. The bright side is we've gotten rid of so much by this point we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, Have a wonderful weekend with your DH! Its such good news he gets to come home!! Now you can try out that new stove!

ILC, Thanks I am feeling better, how are you doing? hope all is going well. Eat ice cream it makes you feel better! lol

RABBIT, how sad for that poor puppy! I dont know how you do it, I would have to keep it, well not a dog here, but if I had to foster a kitten or cat, all bets are off! Have a great time with it!

SD, lol, I have no control over your foot getting stuck in a nightmare, altho you can scream really loud!! lol I was getting pretty worried about you, yea I know, I seem to worry, I keep working at it, but its just part of me I guess.
    Have a good time cleaning up for your friend, at least you have some time left to get it done!

FW, well you just have money flying around everywhere!! So glad things are turnng around for you. Now I hope it keeps going!!

Sally, I foget to post my lists alot.

Hikr00, do you have a recipe for no salt bread in your cookbook?

Jen, the jelly sounds wonderful, you must have some energy back!

Bernice, have a good weekend.

Niko, Hows the tooth?? you hoo, Niko!!!!

Ayanka, how did your floor turn out? I sure hope you rent that place really fast.

todays list
    put pork in oven, yep I am cooking pulled pork today, I have some extra special sauce to use with it!! Its Southern!! yum
    clean off countertops
    clean kitchen floor

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, expect something good to happen!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, dreams are funny things!

We made an unexpected dump run. The two recliners I've been dithering about redoing are now residing in the big trash trailer out there, awaiting internment in the landfill. I thought I'd be bothered about getting rid of them, but I'm not at all. It's a relief more than anything.

I got a big score out there! I found an old Maytag wringer washer that was missing its head. So perfect. It's going to be used for a planter somewhere in our garden area we'll be building once we get the green house up so we can plan where stuff goes. I'm excited! It's in great shape. Someone had it on their garage sale because it had a sticker on it that said MAKE OFFER. I'd have given them five bucks for it, but luckily now I don't have to.

I was also poking around in the demolition pile, where wooden things and building materials are thrown away. It's hard to see individual things sometimes in that mess, but finally my eyes sorted out an item and I realized it was a glider rocker frame. It was almost buried under some sheets of OSB, but what I could see looked like it was in good shape, so I started digging. I kept expecting to see something broken on it so I could abandon the idea, but no, the more I dug the more I could see it looked solid and not even banged up or scratched. Finally I was able to retrieve it. It has a little bit of mildew on the back and one arm, which will easily be sanded off. It's surface damage only, no rot, and no biggie since I have to sand it anyway to prep for painting. It's also missing one spindle in the center of the back, and it needs a new cloth over the springs on the seat. The OSB scuffed it a tiny bit, which will easily sand out. I'm excited! Yes, it's a project, but it's a small project, something we need now that we got rid of the recliners, and I have the cushions, fabric (matches our couch), and paint to do the whole thing, so won't have to have any additional expense to get it done. The frame is plain, so nothing difficult to sand and it shouldn't take long. I prefer furniture with pads that come off so they can be laundered, with all the pets shedding all over everything. That's another reason I'm happy the recliners are gone. So once next weekend is over, I hope I can get started on that project. I'm most likely going to get rid of an overstuffed easy chair in Husby's office, and I think the new glider rocker will go in there. Then if we need another chair in the LR which happens very seldom, it'll be easy to move into another room.

I also got a nice collection of fridge drawers at the dump, plus a couple of wire baskets and a heavy stainless steel rack I think will fit our log rack in the fireplace, which has bars way too far apart so the logs fall through after they've burned just a little while. I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, who cares? It was free to bring home and will be free to throw away if it comes to that.

While I was there I talked to the local Tupperware lady who also works out there, so she's going to see if she has a replacement for the folding bowl I have that developed a leak. Happy me! I love those folding bowls and was disappointed when it got damaged. It never has folded up right and I think that's why the fold eventually ripped open a little. I'll be glad to get it replaced.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

got nothing done, I'm bummed since my friend comes tomorrow. Every few days or once a week it seems like the meds hit me and I cannot wake up. I'll try, like eat a meal with everyone and I fall asleep at the table, fork in hand,lol. I have not figured a solution to these days and the doc couldn't either, just said, in a nice way, at least it's not all the time. Which is true. Luckily, DD is still being pretty much a brat to me, will not do anything with me so today she went to the mall with friends, so she doesn't have to even know I slept that much.

I have to contact my friend, I hope she's coming later in the day. The rest of the house is fine, I'll either clean my room tomorrow or just not show her. That's acceptable, right, if you're showing someone your house, to skip you BR? Doesn't matter, I can't control when I am steady enough to do it so I'm just not going to worry about it. I want to save my energy so I can really spend quality time with her. And REMEMBERING it would be a huge bonus, lol!!!!

hope everyone has a good evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big storm going through. It's actually hailing. Interesting. We rarely get hail, but since we put a new roof on a couple months ago, this storm will probably ruin it.

Got the new TV stand installed in my office. Oh, man, do I love that! The TV is right above my monitor and it has a tilt feature so it'll be easy to see by just glancing up. Prior to this, the TV was sort of behind me so I had to turn in my chair to see it. This is much, much better. It's a swing arm model so I can adjust it all over the place. And to think we almost missed out. If we hadn't stopped back to use the bathroom, there's a whole list of great stuff we'd have missed. Husby told me not to buy the TV stand but he had to admit today I did the right thing by ignoring him. Sure am glad nobody else wanted it between our first and second visits to that sale. The new one is so much nicer and more modern than the old one from 1976, which wouldn't work above my desk at all. Now if we can just get the sat cable to work, then I could have TV while I work on sorting stuff out there.

Dang, golf ball sized hail! I've never seen more than pea sized here in 25 years. I hope it doesn't break the new birdbath.

ETA: I found the TV stand! Or close enough to give you an idea. The wall bracket is a little bit different and mine is black, not white, but otherwise it's the same style. $1 well spent!
    Last edited by Spirit Deer; 08-08-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-be safe. We have a nasty one brewing also. Been raining on and off but Dh got the lawn done in between.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It seems to have passed now. Nothing got broken that I know of, and the high wind failed to take down the dead tree that's been leaning on another tree for a couple of years now. I think we're under a severe T-storm watch till 10 PM but it's hard to know if it actually has anything to do with us. We're in the north half of the largest county in the state, size-wise, and we get the warnings even if storms aren't going to be anywhere near us but are expected in the southern part of the county. That's what the radar looks like tonight, so we'll probably be okay.

We've just been sitting here admiring the empty spaces where the old recliners used to be, and trying to figure out how to arrange the furniture. It's hard in a room with a patio door, a bedroom door, a regular outside door, a nine-foot archway, twelve feet of low windows, a gas heating stove, and a wood fireplace. We don't have much wall space. Plus we can't move the freezer into the family room since they didn't come and get the pool table yet. And of course the treadmill has to live somewhere while we wait for the pool table to go to its new home. It's going to be interesting.

Still can't believe we got the TV shelf installed and that I like it so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    That's an idea, have company just so I have to clean. Too bad we don't like people all that much! But I'll have to give that some thought.
    My daughter and her family come to visit about 4 times a year. I usually cook Sunday lunch when they're here and invite the rest of my family. That's what motivates me to clean my house thoroughly.
    My brother comes over from Louisiana more often, but I know he doesn't care, so I don't spend too much time cleaning for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've decided if the bathrooms and kitchen are clean, that's enough without the rest of the place being perfect. We're slobs so there's not a lot of chance of us getting away with pretending to be otherwise. Although I do hope eventually we reach a point where we can pick up in a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-things just tend to shift in this place. I could take out 2 chairs and something else would be there before the trash guys got there for the chairs!

IDK if it will storm or not? holding so far.

I am running away tonight. I am going up north where I can start over. Someoneelse can have all my stuff. lol I hate drab days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey FW, can you swing by and pick me up? I would like to go North, its just alittle out of your way!! Have a good time if you go! lol Stay safe...

SD, stay safe, that golf ball hail wiped us out one year, it was horrible! I'm sure your house will come together.. also, what the heck? we spent 39.99 for out tv handing thing, mine is black, man you and your deals!! LOL

Off to eat ice cream, I will be thinking about everyone!,, smile....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in the North, you have an open invitation!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, what happened to the HydroBike party? You want north, we're about as far north as you can get and still be in the lower 48! C'mon up! I'll make lasagna in the Dutch ovens over coals!

The storm has passed here. I don't think we had any damage. The hail didn't last too long. We got 2.75 inches of rain in less than an hour though. I hate to see our driveway, but then I hate to see our driveway every other day so what's the difference.

FW, it's your turn to stay safe. That's an order! I know what you mean about stuff shifting. The crap that's in front of the fireplace right now is going to be shifting over to where one of the recliners lived, and the new recliner we bought in Cook has to move somewhere too. We still don't have enough space in this room. We're getting down to the point where we can't get rid of much more until we know for sure which pieces we aren't going to need.

We spent $45 on a wall mount for our big flat screen, then decided not to put it on the wall because we couldn't decide which wall, then decided not to use it at all because the TV was on its way out and we knew we'd be using our giant analog TV. Then we bought the new entertainment center sized to have a big flat screen sit on top, which has worked out great. Then we bought the new flat screen, so could put it on the wall, but we like it sitting on the e-center so now we don't want the wall mount and it's too late to return it. Maybe I'll just consider it that we spent $46 on the one in my office. Still a bargain, because the one we got for $1 had the original invoice with it and it cost the original buyer $104. Don't think I'd have spent that, but then again now that I see how nice it is and how great it works, it would probably be worth it.

Rooting around in stuff today, I located four zipper binders with lots of pockets inside them. I used to use those for keeping track of story details, so now I have enough to be able to work on four at once. I hope it doesn't come to that, but some characters are so pushy they won't be ignored. At any rate, now I can collect bits and pieces like I used to. I thought I had purged all but one of the binders so I was happy they turned up. Now I just have to get them set up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been watching the live webcam from Sturgis. Most people have clothes on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I am sorry for the hail stom, but glad everything seems ok. Please make sure to check the windows and the cars etc at the outside, because not all damage is obvious. We had a hail storm last year, that caused a whole lot of damage, so sadly I do know where I am talking about.