2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 141
Page 141 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    Hope everyone made it through the storms...

I promise I catch up this week... even behind on reading this thread..
    Hubs looks better than I thought he would. ..
    Happy to have him. Home

Today
    pick up house has not been picked up for a couple of days
    Sweep and mop
    Cat litter
    Clean bathroom...

Barbecued chicken and potatoe salad for supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Both cars were in the garage, so they're okay, but we do need to check the camper today. It's very foggy today. We can't even see the islands on the lake.

Today's to-do is the living room, I think. Some of the smaller pieces of furniture need to be moved out to the cabin, where there isn't any room for them. Can't wait to get back to purging and organizing out there. I was sorting books a couple weeks ago but got sidetracked. Once company leaves, I can restart on that. That's the main reason we put up the TV shelf yesterday. The TV was sitting all over the counter I was sorting my books on, in my way, because the shelf I made that was sitting on the desk wasn't working out. I wanted the TV and the stand out of the way. Glad that's done.

We've also abandoned the utility trailer project for the time being. That and the gutters should have been done weeks ago. Once those are done, then we can think about the greenhouse. It's almost fall. We're running out of time. Can't wait to purge a bunch more excess crap from the garage, too, have to get that trailer done so we can haul lots and lots of trash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just volunteered for the animal rescue last night. Been dragging my feet. Orientation should be Thurs. Morning.

Reason # 31 why it's tough being married to a tech freak. He gets a rasp. PI,installs it downstairs then suddenly puts it upstairs on your tv. He doesn't tell you and leaves it on so you have to go get him to use your own tv. He acts befuddled. Can't everyone operate new tech w/o any instructions? Sheesh.

Sd-understood. We also have 3 15 mo. be-tailed boys who help w/ destruction. They are all pushers,down to the ground,thats better!
    And yes,where has the summer gone. It's like we are permanently stalled around here.

OM-so glad regarding your Dh. Remind him to follow Dr.'s orders-ya know how it is,you start feeling better and off you go.

You all meet me up there and then we will swing by Sd's w/ a blueberry pie from the festival (w/ 1 piece missing if DH is around) and go hydro-biking. Settled.

Pinetree-can't take anyone in that clap trap of a van lately

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Add me to the trip North! For anyone who needs more summer, there's plenty down here in Georgia. I wish I could send it to y'all.

The storms sound like we had Thursday except we didn't get hail. Some nearby places did, but not us.

om, don't push yourself now that you and your hubby are back home. You've both been through a lot. I'm so glad he's back home and better.

pinetree, hope your pulled pork and the ice cream were wonderful!

fw, good for you with the fostering!

I've decided that I really, really need to scrub the grout of my kitchen/breakfast room floor. It's ceramic tile that looks like bricks and I hate it. It's crooked, it hurts to stand on, and it never looks clean. The grout is filthy so yesterday I started scrubbing and will do some everyday till it's done. When DH had to re-tile the area in front of the dishwasher it became real obvious that the rest of the grout was awful so I'm doing it.

For Sunday:

1) Scrub grout
    2) From yesterday: clean bathrooms
    3) Record recent expenditures
    4) Reset den
    5) Go through all the coupons in today's newspaper
    6) Look at calendar for next week with DH

Have a wonderful Sunday, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, you are sounding better! Hope your DH is feeling better, take it easy, you guys have been thru, alot. your dinner sounds good!

Ayanka, you sound better too, maybe hearing about the house took some stress off you? ave a good weekend.

SD, well, FW offered a blueberry pie, I dont think I can turn that one down!! um, now I need to find a way clear up there!! I dont do well in minnesota either, i have trouble with the humldty...lol
    Check for damage, hope you dont find any. Too bad we wouldn't all come up and help you for a day!

FW, um, blueberry pie, oh yum,,, I would love to go biking on that lake with all of you, oh how much fun would that be?

Good Luck with the rescue. I admire people who can do that!

SD, hey maybe you should start cleaning up, sounds like all of us are comimg up!! lol

ILC, Thanks, I ate way too much, it was just wonderful, , its so yummy on pork!! So glad you are feeling better!

RABBIT, did you get your puppy? Is he cute? Is he ok? what is it , what color? DO your dogs like him? I think thats all the questions I have! lol

Sally, You probably think we are crazy!

Hikr00, hope you are ok.

Niko, You OK?? I dont see you even lurking.... hope youre feeling better.

We made homemade hamburger buns to go with the pork, oh were they good, and no salt, so making hotdog buns next, dont like bread, these arent bad

The garden is just now starting to produce, I'm afraid we aren't going to get much this yearI'm going go have to buy green beans I guess, hate doing that, but no choice this year. The news are saying we have had 3 springs this year, and still havent had summer, its only been in the 80's, kinda weird..
    Going to take it easy today, well unless i can find omething exciting to do!

todays list
    load of laundry
    clean top of E center
    read Sundays paper

dinner, spagetti and salad

Have a beautiful day!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 08-09-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, how can your babies be fifteen months old already? Why did you let that happen? Wow, time flies. Thank you for volunteering to do rescue. I'm sure they need you and I know how much you love animals.

Permanently stalled is a good way to put it. It seems like we're just rushing around doing bits and pieces here and there and not getting anything fully completed. I hate that! Husby will probably take some vacation when it cools off in September, so hopefully we'll get some traction then. We need to just pick ONE project and get it completely done, but it's like the gods have all conspired this year to force us to change our priorities on a dime. Finding too many bargains at once isn't a good thing in some ways.

ILC, cleaning grout does not sound fun. Would Tilex do anything for you?

Pinetree, it's really humid here today. Normally it isn't so much, but I'm wondering if we're going to get some more storms. We made some progress today getting this place more presentable. The LR is shaping up. We also have two big boxes in the van ready to go to GW tomorrow, plus a big picture from my office and a small trunk on wheels I've been debating about getting rid of. More progress.

I sanded on the salvaged chair today a little bit. It's going to clean up nicely, and I think I want it in my office. I have a glider rocker out there, too and could have that in Husby's office once we get that in order. I may donate it, too. Can't decide. I like the new one better because all the upholstered parts will be removable, and the old one has some that don't and collect hair like crazy.

Been watching Highway Thru Hell and just realized it might not be a bad idea to carry a few adult diapers in the cars for emergencies. I keep thinking about that mess out in North Dakota when that trucker tried to tow a sixteen-foot wide combine across a ten-foot wide bridge. That was in the westbound lane as we were heading east, but it could have just as easily been us caught in that mess. Traffic was backed up for miles and miles, no highway patrol in sight, no way to turn around on that highway, no exits for miles in either direction, no cover along the roadside out there on the prairie, and that combine wasn't going to be going anywhere for quite some time. What the heck would we do if we really had to go? Sure, we could set up the camper and use our own toilet, but then everyone else stuck on the highway would want to use it too. Besides, it's often too windy out there to set up in an unprotected area, and then there's the whole issue of setting up on a highway in the first place. This seems like a good idea to me, to have a way to pee in the truck in an emergency. Maybe I need to make a lightweight covering we could sit under, too, since there wouldn't be any privacy. Do I overthink things or what?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-we are taking the pie to SD. I can see we need 2 if you come! haha!

ILC-Oh no,no,on to the no. NOT fostering. I am cleaning cat boxes,feeding and sweep/mopping. Thats where everyone starts. Then you can do dog walks later but I am not to keen on the neighborhood. Even if i could foster DH has issues wiff da coot wittle kitties. And theres always room for one more is getting hard. I am going to flat out tell him this is my thing and he can't even help because he is too soft. one of us has to say no.

SD-yes they are petite and longish. Gorgeous rabbit pepper fur and loads of trouble. The beefy one is George and he weighs more than mama.
    It was so super adorable today. They were all 4 lined up sideways on the bed like
    loaves of bread on the shelf. Of course no one took a picture.

Tried the new Italian from Arbys.Pretty good minus the mayo. I would add my own italian dressing to it. It took 2 tries to eat it though.

Going to watch Jupiter Descending w/ good ole' Mila tonight. For $1.50 why not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 2 kinds of jelly done, but *some people* had other plans, so I'll be working on the rest later this week. Made sweet cherry jam and sour cherry jam. Hubby says we need to get to the farm and pick up some corn for the freezer, and I want to try drying some, too. The family is asking for hot sauce, too, so I'll be working on that as well.

Tomorrow:

1. Take little dog to the groomer.
    2. Call the doctor and find out if the blood tests from the emergency room were good enough, or if I need to get more.
    3. Make some more jelly...I think strawberry sounds good.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, we're actually looking forward to the day we no longer have cats. We love our cats but hate houses that smell like cats and since most of ours are teenagers now, it's getting out of control with their inappropriate messes. Sugar has to have lots of rugs around or she slips and falls, and for some stupid reason some or all of our cats (we never catch them at it) seem to think rug = litter box. Very annoying. All I do is wash rugs, that are then peed on ten minutes after they're back on the floor. Sugar also has a lot of accidents so it's hard to keep up. The rugs by the doors are the ones they seem to hit the most, and they're the ones we really can't do without.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We love our pets but when they pass away.. I will have 1 cat but no more multiple cats or dogs...
    Love my new stove.. everything done but has browns going to do that early in the morning...
    See ya tommorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-agreed. When we get new or lose old we do go through a period of that. My cat Prang (meow sounding name) hides in the bsmt because she dislikes kittens. So they bug her. I feel so bad because she was buddies w/ Bagheera,Rugby and Scooter who all passed w/in a short time of each other. We call her the laundry cat because whoever is doing laundry cuddles and kisses on her.
    I do not leave plastic bags on the floor,or have any rugs in the house. I did catch my 17 yr. old trying to spray the wall-fortunetly he is so old on dust came out!
    I still have 7 over the age of 12 so by the time we retire I will have zero from these cats.

Drug Dh out to the Holly State Park and we drove around through the campgrounds and to the beach. We stopped at the store and got ice cream. Then walked the beach a bit. Someone had made an amazing starfish sand sculpture. Cutest little boy playing in the water w/ a metal dump truck. Just a mellow crowd. We love not telling people we aren't camping there but live kinda near by. We sat at a table until the sun went down. Couldnt really see the sunset for the clouds but it was warm w/ a slight breeze.

OM-I literally sat there 2 min. going what does has browns mean? DUH hash browns. It's late!

Dh is throwing out resumes again and talking to recruiters. He is going to apply at his old company again because they supposedly changed that 2 yr. rule. I should appreciate it I guess but I really dont. It only last a year and no 401K and we are paying 1/2 more for the ins. BUT he is making $7. more an hr and still working at home. I don't trust that company and I SAID SO. He,to me, is chasing what was.
    He just seems to be throwing things out there to see what sticks. He loves chaos,thrives on change. Me-I want peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We'd like to get down to one dog and no cats. Sugar was so lonely after Sparky died, we gave in after two years and got Sota for her, and we're not sorry. Sota has a different personality though, so we're hoping we won't have to get a second dog after Sugar is gone. Sure hate to think about that day but it's coming faster than we'd like.

I feel a bad case of bead fever coming on. Usually that happens in winter, but I'm beading a wooden pepper mill for my diet buddy. I already beaded it once and it looked like a kindergartner did it, so I had to start over. Hate when that happens. It's going better this time, I think. Hope it'll be right because I'm running out of time. After this project, I think I'm going to drag out the UFO howling wolf on midnight blue velvet that will eventually become a bib that goes on a jean jacket. If I live that long. I've been working on it off and on for twenty years now. Time to finish it up and wear it so I can be pawed by more tourists.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-I cant quite see that yet but what i want is changing rapidly at this juncture.
    Dh and I were saying we are ready for DD to go. I have had much less urge to bring things into this house and feel almost ready to start letting go of more than a few things. It is finally settling into my brain that Ds will prob. never live in this house again permanently. And that I didnt want 3 dogs and that 2 will be plenty.
    I am trying to kick myself back into more social/less hermit mode.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    Got potatoes in the oven for hash browns...
    Hate auto correct. .. has browns lol
    Yesterday I had a pity party for myself.
    My friends who is paying for a house she has destroyed.. it is ugly too. Is renting a beautiful house. .that she will destroy..
    I hate were I live but am grateful to have it..
    I had to have along talk with the lord over my feelings. ..
    Living here is difficult for me... mentally..
    I guess it upsets me she has never been happy.. she destroys everything she has... always has.. this is the one who is having the affair.. so I told her off again... she is very wasteful with money, her time.. she is miserable ..
    I am so careful with my money, belongings ect... I am content as I can be now

Fw hope u enjoy the animal rescue

ILC I hate scrubbing floors when I had the apartment I did that weekly for years..bad knees now

SD love 2 visit keep the pie hate blueberries and cherries

Jen good luck on all the caning...

Hi to all
    Sweep and mop
    Clean car out
    Clean pantry today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning! I'm so excited and dreading it a bit but I signed DD and I up for the Santa Hustle 5K. It's a big event and the thought of the traffic is squelching my enthusiasm for doing it. However, they are allowing for a virtual run meaning you register, they send you the red dri zip, the Santa beard and the Santa hat and your bib number and you run the race wherever you are. You can run on your treadmill, your driveway, wherever you want. After you're done you send them a pic of you with your distance and time and they send the completion certificate in January. The money raised goes to Easter Seals. So I decided I'd do it virtually (that way it won't be so obvious that I come in dead last). DH says he'll do it with us but he didn't want to pay the money to do it officially so he'll do it unofficially with walking beside us. Now to clarify you are allowed to walk or run so guess which one I'm doing. Yeah, walking I may run a bit here and there but I really only run for chips so unless someone waves a bag at the end I will do 95% walking. I love walking but sometimes I get so deep in my thoughts I find myself slowing down while I think things through and I need to keep focusing on moving a bit faster. And it will be fun having DD with me. I told her she may need to push me at the end. She said she'd bring her jogging stroller. I asked her what was the weight limit on that bad boy...50 lbs. She can carry my purse then but I'm on my own.

The excavator is outside working on the putting in drainage around the new house. The crook contractor was paid to do that and never did. Thankfully we discovered it before damage occurred etc but now we have to pay this guy to do it right. So annoying. I need to let go of my feelings towards the crook and just move on for my own peace of mind. But at least we're still making forward progress and really starting to think we might actually get into this place this year!

OM how'd the hash browns come out? I've never done them from scratch before. How do you do them? I should learn this because the processed ones have so much sodium in them. Do you just boil the potatoes then run them through a grater or something? I'm clueless!

Pinetree yes the cookbook has a recipe for low salt bread!! And oatmeal cookies! I'll PM you the recipe for the cookies so as not to take over this entire post and did you want the bread one? I saw a post where you made hamburger buns without the salt so it sounds like you're all set but I wanted to make sure.

Glad everyone made out OK in the storms that went through. Large hail sounds awful. We've had some hailstorms here on occasion but never very large ones thankfully. A friend of a Facebook friend posted a video that she showed me of a hailstorm they had. The hail was so large it slammed into the windows and broke all of them in the front of the house. They were on a lake so maybe that's why it was so bad but the hail slammed into the deck and would almost bounce back and hit the glass windows and shattered them. They had these lovely floor to ceiling glass windows all along the front because they wanted to take advantage of the lake view (I would too!) but what a mess it was after the storm with all the shattered windows.

Hi Bernice and wjcalderon, Anyanka, Niko and Jen.

My to dos for the day:
    1: PM Pinetree the oatmeal cookie recipe!
    2: Fold laundry AND put it away (I fold it like a champ but I drop the ball at putting it away).
    3: Mop kitchen floor.

Hope everyone has a good day!