2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 145
Page 145 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 again. Didn't do the sunflower seeds. They're off the flower head and sitting in a bowl on the counter, but I just got too tired to do them. I think I might have to try less strenuous lists for a while.

Rabbit, Prayers going up for your SIL and family.

SD, please, never stop writing your wonderful descriptive posts. I love your lake, even though I only know it from your words!

Hugs and kisses to everyone else, I just can't seem to remember what I want to post after I read.

Tomorrow:

1. Boil and roast sunflower seeds.
    2. Make a batch of jelly.
    3. One load of laundry.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, you are such a sweetheart!

Came back to check my list, again I didnt post it, lol but have done these
    packaged the avacodos
    froze the respberries
    found recipe for orzo
    looked up some stuff for DS
    waited and signed for ups
    pulled out old food from fridge
    made out grocery list
    guess I am done except making dinner.

Tomorrows list
    vacuum living room, I cant do this very long, so will be careful
    dust
    clean the kitchen rugs, even if I can only get one.
    clean off top of fridge

Looks like more rain coming, maybe it will cool off and freshen things up, I think we got up to 90* today..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone! The family trip yesterday was a success. The oldest granddaughter (4) loved the trolley ride the most and the 11 month old didn't really have an opinion but she seemed pretty pleased with sharing her Mom's ice cream. LOL! We met them today at the Wildlife Park to visit the animals for a little while. They have a couple of black bears and they have some shedding hair...I really want to brush the shaggies out of them. LOL! Not the best idea and not one I will attempt by any means! The moose were up by the fence posing for people so we got to see them up close and the little fawns came out and showed their faces for a few quick minutes. The deer were more sociable this time than last time and came up by the fence so we could toss them the corn that they are allowed to eat (the park fills the feeders a certain amount each day and when that's gone there is no more feeding by the visitors for the day. They keep a careful eye on their diet and too many treats isn't good for them so they have them on restriction.

OM how's DH doing? We have fresh potatoes so I plan to make some of your hash browns sometime in the next couple of days. I won't get to it today but I'll shoot for tomorrow.

SD yay for the fish / feeding and your new office chair and TV shelf Just gotta love a bargain! I hope you have a great visit with your friend. How long will she and her DH be staying? I like the look of the slicer you're going with. I toss this idea back and forth now and then and you've got me thinking about it again. We have sliced meats ourselves before with a sharp knife it can be a challenge and this would certainly help on that front. We have a smoker box for our Cobb but we've never used it. I think we have applewood chips maybe? I can't remember. We keep saying we need to give it a try but then we never think about it when we're cooking.

Pinetree I did get the recipe! Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I copied it down. I have the Omron BP cuff too that's been mentioned. I agree do not get a wrist one. I've heard the same thing that they are inaccurate. Yay for your first retirement check!!

Rabbit I'm so sorry about your SIL. My Mom had a stroke one Christmas Eve while she was at church. She came through beautifully and I pray that your SIL does as well.

FW I think paying a trip to the cherry place in your Dad's memory is a great idea! Your Mom made a haul at the store. Yippee!

Hi ILC, Sally, Sweetz, Ayanka, Niko and Bernice (and anyone I missed). Dinner bell is chiming so better go get to it. Have a nice night!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubx knees are sore.he looks much better than I thought he would

I could be on section 8 or hud.. but have no money for electric deposit or utilities until I get my disability or hubs gets his.

So I am between a rock and a hard place.. Hubby has make a little to keep us going and he is not able..

Our kids help when they can..

Paige came up and done her laundry. .. she had her 4 d ultrasound Addie was shy and had her fist covering up her face.

Everything done today

Hugs to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Hubx knees are sore.he looks much better than I thought he would

I could be on section 8 or hud.. but have no money for electric deposit or utilities until I get my disability or hubs gets his.

So I am between a rock and a hard place.. Hubby has make a little to keep us going and he is not able..

Our kids help when they can..

Paige came up and done her laundry. .. she had her 4 d ultrasound Addie was shy and had her fist covering up her face.

Everything done today

Hugs to all.
    I love the baby's name! Can you put your name on HUD, around here it takes a while to get a place, maybe by then you'll get your disability?

All I did today was counseling with DD and I took her and my dad to lunch. I didn't fall asleep until 6am so I am so wobbly it's incredible. I don't get how sometimes I take the seizure pills and the pills to slow my pulse and at least once a week, I am dead, totally dead to the world. Try to eat dinner and my head is practically in my food, lol. Then insomnia until 6am last night. None of this makes sense and is so different from normal me, IDK why I bother trying to figure out the pills when it's probably the thing in my brain and the BP no one can hear. But I can't plan well because I never know what kind of day it will be. Oh well, does it really matter?

Tomorrow I go for testing of memory, confusion, comprehension, concentration. I was told there will be an IQ test. I think I might tell him if it's under a certain number, just don't even tell me, lol

I want to work on my dresser and closets, it seems between bad days and MD appts, I have no energy left. I don't mean to be so lazy, kwim?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice hugs yes I could I am afraid my name would come up and I would not have the money to move.
    3 weeks until baby shower
    She is due Oct 13..her name is Adalynn Ivy Rose

I am excited

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-I do like that name. Oct. is a great time to have a baby!. I hope the shower goes well.

SD-The lake sounds great. I used to have a pet crayfish-well 2 until one..never mind. My Ddad was super grossed out by then so added bonus when your 10. My Gf well best brought it back and i bought the container myself so he was stuck. I had to keep it out in the Florida room. hahaha.
    I think I would spend a day like that every time over the mall or a hundred other things.

I did 1 load but didnt get it put away
    then I took 4 cats to the vets=totaled day!

DD is doing so well she was pseudo assistant mgr. today and i could see she loved it. She learning how to task and manage people. Kinda proud kwim?
    I have been hoping she would settle into something where she is appreciated.

OM-I think you in a holding pattern and things will improve significantly
    if you can just hang on. Glad hubby is much improved.

We have Ds's smoker in the garage. He smoked fish in it but its been some time. I just never think of it KWIM.

Got the Dr's report and cholesterol and A1C are in range but I have a slightly higher white cell count. I told the man I was sick. He said my shortness of breath was post nasal drip. When you get a physical does your Dr. check your eyes,ears,nose and throat. He never does. Didn't check my feet either. He seems so lazy.

Bernice-IDK in your case but i know if my sugar gets high I am out Sleeping not so Beauty style.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers for SIL. Just got caught up on this thread but now it's time for me to get in the shower and wind down for the night. Just noticed, we're chatting more on this thread than we're making lists these days! Too tired to even think what I need to do tomorrow, I know I have to tackle the lawn so that will be done when I get home from work.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do chat a lot

Good morning..

Today
    Sweep and mop
    Clean up bedroom
    And that is it

Have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes we are very jabbery lately and i love it!!

Emptied the dw
    took DD to work
    shopped at Kroger.
    volunteer meeting later today
    need to hit Aldis for produce
    need to toss old from the fridge

Heard from Ds after my second message. "I'm fine just been busy". Thanks Ds
    but Where are you? parenthood=migraine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW you're so right on parenthood = migraines. The little buggers can give you a run for your money even when they are grown up! I'm glad you heard from him even though it was brief and he didn't reveal his location. Hopefully you'll get a note soon that will be more informational. I love the news that your DD has really sunk her teeth into this new job and is really excelling at it. That is fabulous. Such a relief to have her so happy at work.

Rabbit how's SIL today? Keeping the prayers coming.

OM glad DH looks better than you thought. Hoping for complete recovery very soon. Give Cadbury a little pat from me. A friend of mine has a rabbit named Turbo. He has pretty much got free range of the house when she's home from work. The dog is fine with him and she's put videos on FB of him just hopping around following her. So cute.

Bernice good luck with your testing today. I'd plan to spend the rest of the day resting. In DHs case it took so much brainpower to get through the testing that he was completely wiped out when we got home and wound up going to lay down and sleep a while.

ILC how's the grout job coming along?

Hi Aynaka, Sweetz4me and Niko (and anyone I missed)

We spent yesterday at the Wildlife Park and we're going back today. While there we noted a story / craft time for kids today and DD texted last night and said she'd like to take the oldest but asked if I or we'd come along and act as baby wranglers in case the Lil Miss pitches a hissy and needs a bottle or a walk or diaper etc. That way she can focus on DGD1 knowing we've got the little one. I can't pass up baby wrangling so that's where my morning is going.

Once I get home though I need to
    1. Balance checkbooks
    2. Pay bills
    3. Dust
    4. Get together a couple of bags of clothes I plan to donate. I have them mostly bagged but need to do one more sweep. This is a project I started several months ago and the bag still is sitting in my bedroom. I need to weed out some more but this is a good start.

Have a good day all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, still praying for your SIL. Keep us informed.

om, good news about your DH. And a lovely name for that baby.

hikr, "baby wrangling"----I like that term!

Jen, how are you feeling? You seem to be doing better.

fw, good luck with the volunteer meeting. WTG for your DD! She sounds like you raised her right.

SD, down here we call them "crawfish." Your progress is amazing on everything.

Bernice, you are probably in the middle of your testing right about now. Praying for clarity of mind and peace in your heart.

pinetree, you are sounding sooooo good! Did you get your check? It was such a thrill when I got my first one--it made 36+ years all worthwhile.

Ayanka, sallyj08, sweetz, hope all of you are okay. Niko, did you get the abscess taken care of? I've worried about you.

Well, DS texted last night and mentioned he would be coming home today. A little while ago he texted and said he's leaving there now. Have no idea how long he'll stay but it probably will be only a few days. His fall semester classes don't start till the 24th but the payment deadline is the 17th so DH and I figure he's coming home for money.

The floor, the floor...it is taking forever. I tried Tilex but the borax seems to do a better job so this a.m. I scrubbed the last little bit of the kitchen floor (still haven't made it to the breakfast room floor) and will mop today after DH hoses down the screened porch. Those dogs sleep on it and sometimes have accidents during the night. DH and DD have taken them to the river several times recently to romp and play and swim and they are always tuckered out afterwards. It's so cute!

For today:

1) Mop
    2) Revise meal plan after talking with DS
    3) Put away some clean laundry I just realized has been lying patiently in a basket for several days
    4) Do some baking (cheesecake for sure)
    5) Talk with DS about school expenses
    6) Financial planning with DH after talking with DS

Have a good one, friends.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3, I'm done already!!

Now I'll see what else I can do.. DH has piles of stuff everywhere so its not like I have nothing to do!

ILC, Thanks, I am feeling good, I only wish I could get more exercise and feel stronger, I am going to have to work at it harder. I hope you are doing better, dont make yourself sick scrubbing that floor! Have fun with your son, even if he is after money..

I did get my first check!! First thing out of my mouth was " I worked hard labor for all these years and this is what I get?" lol, I am grateful, it is better than nothing, but I sure couldn't live 2 weeks with it.

Thank goodness the kids are setting themselves up for retiring, they should be ok.

RABBIT, I'm still praying for you guys too! How is she doing? I'm praying shes getting stronger. Yes, we have gotton chatty, but that just proves that we reeally care about each other! Plus some of us are crazy! (me) lol
    have fun on the zero turn, you can pretend you are biking on SD's lake.. let your brain rest for a few min.

OM, Beautiiful name, had my Son oct 11, Dmom's was oct 10, my bff is oct 14 yes Oct is a wonderful month to have babies. My middle name is Rose, I have never liked it tho.
    The baby shower is coming fast! You will have so much fun. I am so glad your DH is doing so much better!!

Bernice, Good Kick with your tests.

Hikr00, have a great time with those babies.
    We tried orzo last night, was pretty good, and it has no salt but alot of calories, yea, its one or the other!

Jen, take it easy!!

Niko, OK, now I am worrying, then if you are trying to work with that bad tooth, you probably are in bed at night, hope you are doing better.

FW,, lol, yep, kids=headaches!! and it never ends,, seems the worrying doesnt stop either. Its great to hear your DD is doing so well!! Glad you heard from DS, sometimes they cant say where they are, even if its here in the states. Hope you hear from him again soon.

Ayanka, hope you are relaxing..

SD, Have a good time with your buddy, hope you got your house all cleaned up and ready.. Will be thinking about you.
    DH says whenever you are ready, just yell, yours should work the same as ours, except yours is electric. Ours has water too. We use apple with pork, or hickory.

Hi to everyone else..

I'm going to try and go thru a pile and throw out or put away.

expect something good to happen today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im okay, just have been working hard. I made 2 batches of frozen ingredients into freezer meals yesterday and some leftovers from that into fajita mix and thyme and oregano chicken today. I also had to take the car to be checked (its in good health) and I did the laundry yesterday. I just need to tidy it up :s, but went to a friend of mine earlier today and it was a very warm day inhere again.

NIKO, where are you? Do I need to send out a search team or something?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just skimmed through, so I won't comment on everyone's comments. I'd never get done! I hope all is well and those with loved ones who are in the midst of a medical issue are all doing okay.

We're bushed here. We've been working outside for two days and the temps are pushing ninety with humidity. Not like down south but still miserable. We've been working with the dirt guy backfilling dirt into trenches and stuff like that, plus we had to move a tree, had to quickly take the Sawzall and cut a big section out of a flower box and move about five feet of very compacted and heavy rootballs of lilies of the valley, and in general deal with all kinds of stuff so he could get his work done and we didn't have to pay him for doing grunt work. But he's done now and gone, although he left all his equipment here.

The grumpy neighbors have sure been eyeballing the place. I can just about see the steam rising from their cabin from her ears. Tough cookies. We now have a real parking pad for our trailers and it's at least twice as big as it was. Nice! We also had him enlarge the parking pad up by the deck, which is at least a third bigger than it was. We had him bring in fill so we can get to the power pole easier as we get older. Before, it had sort of a ditch between the pole and the parking pad. Now we can walk right up to the pole. Big improvement. We should be able to have a place now to build a corral for our trash cans.

He put in drain tile and catch basins on either side of the front of the garage, so we can direct all the water off the garage roof into the catch basins and divert it underground to run off the front of two slopes here. Still have to get the gutters up. We plan to start early tomorrow morning while it's still somewhat cool.

We're so excited to finally have this all done. It didn't seem like we'd ever have a good driveway ever again. We'll have to make sure we don't ever let it get so bad again.

In our infinite wisdom, we merrily took a bolt cutter and chopped a two-foot chunk of underground wire out of our phone line leading from the garage to the cabin. We were convinced it was a dead TV cable, not the phone line. So we lost internet overnight, again. The phone guy came to fix it right after the dirt guy left. We moved the modem into the house which we were planning to do anyway, but now I don't have phone and internet in my office. We'll restring the wire ourselves at some point, since the phone company get $90/hour. The to-do list never ends.

I need a shower but for some stupid reason the WH breaker keeps tripping, so we have no hot water and I don't know why. We're going to have to call in an electrician and/or plumber on this one. I doubt we'll be able to get anyone to come before the weekend. Fun, fun. We need a new water heater so I'm hoping that's the problem. I wonder if they can stuff a 55-gallon WH into the space we have for a forty.

To top it off, the people who said they wanted the pool table are now hemming and hawing about coming to get it. The guy called a little while ago complaining about how much slate tables "scare" him because he's afraid he'll lose a foot trying to move it. This is the same guy who practically begged us to sell last winter so he could put it in the game room at the apartment complex he caretakes. Now he's going to lose a foot? They're trying to talk the local moving company into moving it but they don't want to move it either.

House cleaning? What house cleaning? Now I can't even wash dishes. I'm going to have to go to Mom's house tomorrow and shower. Our friends, who have never been to our house, will have to just take it as it is, which isn't great. It's been such a busy summer and this week has been the worst. It's going to be an interesting weekend.

Oh, it's also going to be the hottest, muggiest weekend of the year so far this weekend.

I may be full of complaints, but at least I have a new driveway!