2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 146
Page 146 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The plumber came to look at the WH and it needs $40 worth of parts plus the labor to install them. We're getting a new one instead, since this one is twenty years old and isn't worth fixing. Something more to haul to the dump. Anyway, luckily the plumber can come first thing tomorrow morning. We're expecting it to cost us at least $600 but I don't care because then I don't have to do it. I've done enough of that. I put a new one in our house in Minneapolis when my son was in surgery one time, because a family of ten with no hot water in the house is not a pretty thing and that was the only time I had. I've installed new WHs in just about every house we've owned. Looking back, I can't believe I did all that kind of thing by myself. No wonder I have so many aches and pains now that I'm older.

I think we're going to put off the gutters yet again. The forecast isn't for rain, and Monday the high is supposed to be 72 with a much lower dewpoint. Our friends are leaving early Monday morning and Husby has the day off, so it seems to make more sense. But now that the driveway is done we really have to get those gutters done. I don't think they'll take long once we get going. But now the water heater thing has derailed the gutter project. It's been like this all summer. We make plans and then something comes up we can't put off, so we have to put off the other thing we were planning that couldn't be put off. But there's no point in paying the plumber big bucks to move stuff out of the WH cabinet and wait around doing nothing while it drains and stuff like that. So we'll have to do that early in the morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. Had a headache and some vertigo most of the day, so I stayed in bed most of the day. Maybe I can get things done tomorrow.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Pick up a prescription.
    3. Go to grocery store for whole chickens at $.77/lb.

Have a fabulous day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-sounds like a bit of a conservative estimate. We arereplacing our 50 gall. soon and I thought about $1000. after installation. When Dh replaced our other one and the old house I was out working a 2nd job to afford it. It was full of rusty sediment and super heavy. I guess he hauled it up the bsmt stairs on his back alone w/ a strap. Ah the 20's. Seems like a wives tale now.

Didn't sleep last night but an hour and had to get up early to drop DD off at work and then ran to Kroger for minimal supplies. So by the time I got to the orientation I was too tired. I ended up staying another 2 hrs. in the cat rooms.
    And then also dumped a huge donation. I signed up for Wed and Thurs from 12-4. W/ the understanding I could cut back w/ no hard feelings.
    I almost didn't go in a fit of social phobia. Plus my own cat was snuggled up to me and it was oh so cozy.
    First impressions-disappointment. I am not allowed to talk tp any potential adoptees or give my opinion good or bad on a cat. Over 1/2 of the place is off limits and you have to earn your way up to dogs. I even had to sign a code of conduct and confidentiality agreement which gives me the heebee jeebies a bit.
    The cats in 1 area are all scheduled to go out for 1/2 an hr and cant be together.
    To the point theres a chart. I thought it would be a way to socialize but they separate you and discouraged me from staying w/ the cats. I am already worry I am not a submissive enough person for this. Time will tell.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    I almost didn't go in a fit of social phobia. Plus my own cat was snuggled up to me and it was oh so cozy.
    First impressions-disappointment. I am not allowed to talk tp any potential adoptees or give my opinion good or bad on a cat. Over 1/2 of the place is off limits and you have to earn your way up to dogs. I even had to sign a code of conduct and confidentiality agreement which gives me the heebee jeebies a bit.
    The cats in 1 area are all scheduled to go out for 1/2 an hr and cant be together.
    To the point theres a chart. I thought it would be a way to socialize but they separate you and discouraged me from staying w/ the cats. I am already worry I am not a submissive enough person for this. Time will tell.
    I get the social phobia, that can be so tough. I'm sad your day did not sound good at all. How do they even keep volunteers with so many rules and nonsense? She I get better I planned to volunteer at the shelter where I got Bernice. But I am seriously allergic to cats, so if they don't let you go to dogs from the get go, I wouldn't be able to work there. My goal is to do that fostering of a dying dog so they are not alone in a cage at the shelter, dog hospice, perfect, because regular fostering, I would quickly have 10 dogs, lol. But no one does hospice here so I'd have to research it and sell them on it and probably train at the shelter. After your day, this does not seem very promising.

The IQ test started great, the verbal portion, I can be coherent in email, it will be long but the point is in there. Speaking, it's all right there in my head, it doesn't come out the way it should. Then we did math, tangrams (my fav toy as a kid, not so hot today, I kept running out the clock without finishing), history- all very bad. Geography, I just kept saying Asia when I didn't know, a lot of historical things happened in Asia and somehow they got the Sahara Desert moved there, OMG. Gandhi- I had a good ten sentences about Gandhi, just not the answer he needed which was in my head, INDIA, out popped Asia. India is in Asia, I better have gotten credit on that one. Then I started to cry and he mercifully let me go and I go back next week. I am so embarrassed. Like I could not do this: if you have six cans of soda that cost $5, how much would 30 cans cost? Who beyond 2nd grade cannot do this? I can't and I want to know why and I need it to slow down and get fixed.

Went to shrink, made me feel better, he was shocked I got that junk long term disability and told me not to worry about SSDI, if declined, I appear in a hearing and he is sure they will accept me.

Come home, drained, fell twice, went straight to bed, my father hands me mail, SSDI denied. Intellectually, I know they deny almost everyone the first go round. But they explained why, it was based on very old information, like last year, they had the info from my old cardio who could not diagnose the POTs, so they didn't even list that as a problem. They had nothing from my shrink, very little from my primary. But every time I go to a doctor, they fax an update to my lawyer (my team has been so good about the tons of paperwork they've had to do) and my lawyer sends it to SSDI. My lawyer says she paper bombs them because I am deteriorating and they should know that. So why were they using old and wrong info? They said I had a seizure but said nothing about the big ball of blood vessels sitting right where cognition occurs. Nothing said about memory, concentration, comprehension or confusion, all things my lawyer said are important because those things can keep you from following instructions to do a job. They were told in the last note that I am back on bedrest with feet above my heart, with exception for MD appts and short times out with DD. They said I am totally independent with personal care, embarrassingly, I am not. Nothing about the falls, the assistive devices, constant dizziness unless flat. There;s more, there's always freaking more. Oh like it's always January and always Friday, and we no longer discuss the concept of am and pm, because my dad says, "I love you both, I can take care of you both. But if I hear it is Friday in January at 3am because you think we are due at the doctor's, I'm done and I have duct tape and I will be using it!"

So they said I can do a seated 8hr job with complexity (like a desk nursing job), I can stand for 1 hr and bend and file, and a bunch of other stuff I have not been able to do in months. Carry 10 lbs for medium distances. With a walker? The heaviest thing I lift are my legs to walk and that's no picnic lately. Carry something and walk? I can do that with papers tucked under my arm but not 10 lbs of paper. Sure, I can sit in a chair for about 30 mins, then I am so dizzy, I start to tilt and if I am alone, I land on the floor. Bend? I cannot bend, I have fallen into countless laundry baskets bending to get clothes, I have bent to fill the dishwasher and landed in it (thank God, I didn't break it).

I'm really sorry I keep going on, just a crappy mess and honestly, I'm starting to get scared. I would give anything at all, to not be confused and have no memory, all that cognitive stuff. I can take anything physical thrown at me. I cannot take being a moron. I don't know how having no BP for a while turns into all these diagnoses and meds and tests, I never dreamed I would not be going back to work for real when the docs told me to apply for SSDI over 9 months ago, I thought they were nuts. Turns out, I'm the nut, lol. Give me my brain back and I will work with physical disabilities for 20 more years, and never complain

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-its late so short hand-ok. I feel for you but this all has to be documented by a professional. Not you,your folks,lawyer or even best friend. You need an advocate that can be gotten through a disability rights organization. SSDI will deny
    because its their job and they can.The idea is to make you give up and go away or at the very least take the VERY Least.
    When Dh had his accident we didnt file a claim against the ins. co. because he was still in the hosp. and they were calling us being beligerent and abusive to me
    The guy was going in every direction possible. There was beer in the trunk,had he been drinking. Um no,it wasnt even opened and no cans were in the car,and they test at the hosp. All of which he knew. They wanted to say he jumped off the overpass and treated me like crap. Bt the Dr. noted burns on his pants which I had and they wanted "to See". Nope. They came over and pored water on the handprint to "simulate a rain storm" except it hadnt been raining that day-easily known. Luckily it was grease and didnt wash off. But I did tell him to leave because I was struggling to maintain control.
    My point is-they are trained to be professional A-holes. And they are good at what they do. They will dance circles around you.
    And in answer to the obvious-no we didnt sue because we arent that way and the health ins.paid a lot. Plus i couldnt handle this to drag on and on at the time.

Make a list of what you noted here,give it to a parent and then call an advocate. soonest.
    Understand I am not trying to be rough w/ you but you need to realize this is not something you can handle.

Thanks regarding the rescue. It was just not what i expected. But I will go Wed. and see what I think w/ fresh eyes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    Doctor visits today hubs in lexington, me in Hazard, and my brother is going to Huntington today.

Hikroo can't wait until I baby wrangle..lol

ILC enjoy son

Ayana when will u move into your home....

SD hate dealing with plumbers and electricians. ..

Jen hate vertigo... hope u feel better soon..

Fw daughters. What can I say.. I also have social phobia.
    A lot of limits with volunteering. ..I could not do it.. I could not do it I would get attached.

Bernice this takes 2 to 3 years to get approved.. and I feel the same way if I was mentally able I would work until my back broke.. I hate this.

Don't know what I am going to accomplished today if anything...
    Hugs To all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stupid government. Then again, if they just handed out SSDI to everyone who asked, how would taxes be then? It's a lose-lose for all involved. But I hope those of you who really do need it can work your way through the labyrinth and get the help you need.

Waiting on the plumber who called at least an hour ago and said he'd be right here. You can't imagine how much I need a shower. I should be cleaning the bathroom but I'm already exhausted. We were up at six and went out to vacuum the dog hair out of the truck and wash the dog snot off the back windows, then decided as long as the dirt guy still had his stuff here, we should limb that fifty foot dead tree that was laying on the moho parking pad so he could shove it off to the side with the skid-steer. So Husby cut and I swamped and it was already hot and miserable. But moving that big long heavy trunk took the dirt guy approximately one and one half seconds, where it would have taken us hours of cutting and swamping to do the same thing, so it was worth it. Then we finished up the truck. The plan was to wash and wax it this week but forget that, so it's dusty like everything else we own.

Our friends should be in the air by now. They're flying from Providence to Chicago, then to Duluth and renting a car to come here. They should be here late afternoon.

Plumber's here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, I'm so sorry your SSDI was denied but fw is right, they WANT you to be discouraged and give up so they don't have to pay up. You have to keep at it. Plus, they are going to drag their feet with looking at the most recent info. They're bureaucrats who have been trained to delay, delay, delay, and save money.

So many government programs were designed to actually help people but now the agencies are so big and there are so many abuses that the original mission has been long forgotten.

I know that doesn't comfort you but I hope it will help you realize that you have to be tougher and more determined than they are. fw gave you some really good advice.

Remember to vent whenever you need to. We don't mind

Jen, I hope that vertigo is gone today.

SD, good luck with the water heater. I had a new one installed almost 5 years ago and it was about $600.

om, good luck with all the appointments today.

Hi to everybody else!

DS is happy to be here, and we're happy he is too. Yesterday he and I went out to lunch and had a really good time. He's still asleep so I have no clue what his plans are for the day. And I don't know how long he's staying. I thought he would need to be back Monday to pay for fall semester but I figured out he can do it online so he may stay beyond the weekend. At least I hope so.

For Friday:

1) Bake some more (last night was cake and brownies)
    2) Make grocery list/gather coupons
    3) Clean litter box
    4) Reset house
    5) Work on DD's FAFSA with DH
    6) Filing

Have a good Friday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice have u seen a judge yet.. there are 3 stages.. one is when u apply at first everyone is denied..even cancer patients and aids patients.. just a board
    No judges here
    Then u go though 2 appeals to judges ..i have been waiting 13 months to see a judge.. I am college educated so that works against me..
    I havery essential tremors which is like Parkinson. Except it does not affect my organs ..
    I have ptsd with a major depressive disorder.
    My doctor said I can not work... I am depressed from waiting.. drug addicts get it quicker than sick people. .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The plumbers are doing their thing. The water heater itself is, I think, $340 and tax. Not sure what the labor will be. I'm just glad it's not me doing it. I'm having them put a valve on the new one too, so the next time we have to shut off the water to the WH, we don't have to shut off the whole house like this time. I hate that.

They looked at the bathroom vanity we got from the FD sale and were impressed. It's really a nice cabinet. They also said the base is plenty high so they will easily be able to move the plumbing underneath that needs to be moved. There's a vent under the bathroom sink now that, if it isn't moved, would result in the loss of half the drawers in the new one, so it's worth getting it moved. They will not cut the counter top which I didn't expect them to, so I'll have to look for a carpenter. I have one in mind if he'll do it. Otherwise I'll try it myself. I didn't like that counter when we bought it, but I've gotten to be fond of it since, so I hope we'll be able to use it. I cannot wait to get rid of the crappy vanity we have. This is a manufactured home, and the 'cabinet' consists of a cheaply made front panel with two doors set between two walls, and a cheap, crappy white counter top that's getting stained and starting to chip. It's really a poor arrangement. The doors are starting to sag, too. There aren't any drawers, and most of the space inside the cabinet is taken up by plumbing that runs along the front halfway up and all the way over to one side from the center. Nothing fits under there because of that. The new one has six or eight drawers and the area under the sink, plus I picked up that set of tip-outs for the panels under the sink. Between that cabinet and the tall entertainment center we bought for the bathroom last spring, we're going to have so much storage in there we won't know what to do with it all.

The only bad news was the faucet is not a Moen. I should have figured that out by myself since it does not have the Moen name on it. Oh, well. So that'll cost us something for a new Moen faucet but we'll still be saving huge. Plus we'll be able to get exactly the faucet we want. Now I'm all excited to get started on that project! See why we have so many UFOs around here? LOL. But the plan is to do the project in stages, starting with the vanity because it's in the way and can't stay in the garage. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

I looked up a cultured marble counter/sink of that size and Menards has it on sale for about $330 plus tax. I'll have Husby add that to the list. This is getting to be like Storage Wars, where they tally up what the buyers paid and what they expect to gain when they sell the stuff. Only we're tallying the retail value vs. what we paid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Bernice-its late so short hand-ok. I feel for you but this all has to be documented by a professional. Not you,your folks,lawyer or even best friend. You need an advocate that can be gotten through a disability rights organization.
    I have a SSDI lawyer, she's been great, she asks me every week if I saw someone, then she calls to get their notes. She came highly recommended by 2 of my docs and my 2 lawyer friends checked her out. In 25 yrs, she has never lost a case of one of my docs because he documents so well and communicates with her. She assured me that I would be initially denied, it's almost certain with people under 55, even if terminal, which I have seen over and over at work. To not get upset, we will very likely win after a hearing, one look at me and it's pretty obvious.

I emailed her everything and am waiting for a call back. My BFF is an employment lawyer and has been my advocate kind of unofficially, she has written to my docs explaining her ability to help if needed, if I don't seem to understand things, etc. I emailed her last night but I was upset and incoherent like in this thread.

So today, I am going to start a master list of every single diagnosis, limitations, every symptom and put them in categories like "physically cannot do" and "cognition issues". I am going to go slow, comb back through old emails to my BFF and do my best to remember everything that is wrong that would make it impossible for me to do a job. I'll send it to her so she has a copy, and can offer additions and tell me when something makes no sense. Then email that to my lawyer and and read the list to the docs because I do not remember every little thing, but a little thing could be a sign of a big thing. But this is a document SSDI should not ever see according to my lawyer, so I can't give it to my docs.

So I have my BFF, a good lawyer and my dad told the lawyer he would testify at the hearing if need be. Do I still need a disability advocate? No one has ever called me at home from SSDI, actually I don't think they can now that I have sent them verification that I have a lawyer. The junky long term disability called a bit to ask questions. Never came to my house and he worked with me, told me they were leaning towards denial, send even more documents. And amazingly, I got it.

You know what, I'm going to ask the lawyer when she calls, I'm sure she knows about advocates and also, maybe she can point me in the right direction if Tamsin needs to get more involved with my docs. I hate bugging her, she's so busy but she is an expert in employment law and she constantly asks if I need more help. I'm losing it and scared, I need her help now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Bernice have u seen a judge yet.. there are 3 stages.. one is when u apply at first everyone is denied..even cancer patients and aids patients.. just a board
    No judges here
    Then u go though 2 appeals to judges ..i have been waiting 13 months to see a judge.. I am college educated so that works against me..
    I havery essential tremors which is like Parkinson. Except it does not affect my organs ..
    I have ptsd with a major depressive disorder.
    My doctor said I can not work... I am depressed from waiting.. drug addicts get it quicker than sick people. .
    This was just my first letter of denial and even though I know everyone pretty much gets denied the first go round, I had patients weeks away from dying get denied the first time, I still stupidly got really upset. I thought the letter would just say denied, not sick enough. But they give you all the reasons why you are denied and that part got me upset. They listed all the documents they used to decide, using ancient info. Then said have a college degree (I guess that is a disadvantage to everyone if it happened to you, as well. Why? People who went to college cannot get very, very ill? Stupid.) so there are all kinds of jobs I can do. If I think about it today, calmly, it kind of makes sense they think I can do all these jobs based on how I was a year ago. If they ignored the tons of stuff sent over the last 3-4 months, I don't think they would accept me but at least they wouldn't be listing all the things I can do, when in the notes it is very clear I cannot.

But none of that matters, the lawyer will call and do her thing, she told me a hearing is next. So none of this should've gotten me so upset but it did. It's very scary to even think about the fact you might never get accepted. I have to stop thinking that and work on preparing for a hearing.

I'm sorry you have had to wait so long for a hearing, that's terrible. If you weren't depressed already, waiting that long would do it. I can't think of many jobs you can do with those diagnoses. Do you have a lawyer? I didn't want one but every lawyer friend, all my docs, friends, said get one. Luckily, I listened. I could never have been able to do all the stuff she's done already. if I win, she was worth it. If I lose, she gets nothing, so it's in her favor to work hard. When I got her a while back, she told me she will flat out not take a case that does not look winnable and she took me, so here's hoping!

I'm sorry, OM and thank you for your support

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

for hot water!

Bernice, I'm glad you have someone great working for you with the SSDI. I can't imagine you won't qualify if you just keep chipping away at that wall. I hope you can get it settled soon, but I know how the government loves to drag this stuff out.

Gotta shower. Gonna feel so good!

Laterz, everybody!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WoW. thers alot going on today! and of course i'm late as usual!! I exercised alittle yesterday and now am sore and tired so over did it alittle, lol, I dont know how, I didn't do much!

Bernice, You have your lawyer and Drs. Now calm down, and let them do their job, You don't need to worry, thats why you hired a lawyer. You just do what she tells you and let her worry about all the stuff that goes with it. Thats her job.
    You take care of yourself. I am not trying to be a smart alec, but you are worrying about things you dont need to. give it to her and enjoy your days trying to do better. The long term disability people are the same way, they dont want you on it. you have been approved, in fact I would tell them to contact your lawyer instead of you. You might call her and see if thats ok with her, then you dont ever have to talk to them again. They will get you so upset ( disability) , you say things and they hold it or change it to what they want to use against you. They will do anything to get you off of it to save money. I am surprised she hasn't told you not to talk to them.
    Call her and let her have the whole thing, then go have a nice cup of coffee or tea!! hugs

ILC, enjoy your DS.

SD, have a great time with your Buddy.

Jen, hope you are better

FW, good Luck with the helpng the cats.

Niko, ??

Ayanka, yea, are you packing yet? Its moving time at the end of the month right?

OM, hang in there, look at the good things thats happened this last week,.

hi to everyone I forgot.

Woke up to an empty house, DH hads to run a furbaby boy into the vet, he hasn't been eating, but he doesnt look sick, hes afraid of everything, but will let us hold him and hugs like crazy,,?? He has some kind of gum disease, they are swollen, and vet says it hurts like us having 3 abcesses,, oh wow, poor baby, he got an antibotic shot, pain shot and a steroid shot, she said he should be eating tomorrow,, feel so bad for him, if he cant get rid of this they will have to pull all of his teeth.? aw man.. hes only 9 yrs old... So there went my first check,,, its not how I wanted to spend it, so glad I had it, at least its paid for..

I am going to try and can this weekend, plus we need to plant our fall garden, I dont know why, the summer one hasnt even done anything yet.

Today
    run, empty dishwasher
    bank deposit
    sort out a pile of papers
    wash bathroom mirror
    grate, freeze zucchini

Have a great day, enjoy your weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, we did it again, Glad you got a shower!