2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 148
Page 148 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    . Reminds me I need to call the FD next week and see if it would be a problem to use their post. I need to ask them if they want the pool table anyway.
    who would've thought you cannot get rid of that thing. I thought they are pretty popular, especially if free. I'm sure you've already thought of this, but have you tried Freecycle?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-got like a center for kids who are in trouble or a rec. center like boys and girls club? Hope you find a home soon

Pinetree-Wed and Thurs only so I will have to let you know. Their program is so structured it kind of sucks the joy out of it so we shall see. My expectations from how it used to be done w/ volunteers only are definitely getting in the way.
    I guess I am tough-ish. I don't know I've never lived anywhere else but this area.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No Boys and Girls Club. There might be a rec center and I will check with them, too.

The problem with the pool table is it has a one-piece slate bed that weighs 300 or 400 pounds. Nobody wants to move them. Even the local moving company won't move them anymore. We don't know what to do about getting rid of it.

Pinetree, my friend and I had a great time out on the lake today, even doing the Chris Ledoux imitation because it was windy and so wavy we could barely see bottom, even right off our dock. We went out around one of the bigger islands, gabbing the whole time. While we were out, we saw our little family of four. One of them was quite a ways from the other three, and as we watched we could see he had caught a little fish. He was calling to his family! We didn't know loons could call while holding a fish in their beaks! He kept calling, then he'd dive and swim a ways toward his family, but he never swallowed the fish. Finally he got to his family, but we couldn't tell what he did with the fish. But it was so cute, him diving and swimming, calling every time he came up, no doubt delivering news of his catch. We assumed he was taking the fish to his kids the reason he didn't eat it himself. So we learned something cool about loons today.

Husby and my friend's husby stayed on the dock, her husby fishing. He caught one fish, so he was happy. (Catch and release.) We had a good chat sitting down on the dock when we got back, and while we were there we saw our lone loon that hangs around our cove. He was just minding his own business, fishing and ignoring us like usual. I don't know why I worry about him. I guess because loons mate for life and he obviously lost his mate, so now it's just him. Or her. I'll be sad when we don't see him anymore.

Then we went to visit the Wolf Center in town and were just in time for an interesting presentation about wolves. It was all old news to us but of course it was a good refresher. Three of the four exhibit wolves eventually woke up and came out of their den so our friends could see them. One of them came right up to the building windows where we were, even. That's a really nice facility there and they enjoyed going.

We took our friends over to A&W for supper, 45 miles away. It was a great evening. Then we drove back to Dairy Queen for dessert. Weigh-ins? What weigh-ins? LOL.

After we got back to our house, we were all just chatting and my friend informed us she could see Chester had a mouse. Naturally, the brat let the mouse go and it ran under the wood rack by the fireplace, which has walls on three sides. Ugh. So of course our friends left so we could deal with the rodent incursion, and I set up the usual barriers leaving the only "escape" route into a tall trash can laid on its side. After we moved the big stack of firewood out of there, I found the poor little scared mouse beside the wood rack, and with minimal encouragement, he shot right into the trash can. For once I was quick enough to tip it up so he was trapped before he could run back out (I'm getting way too good at this) and Husby dumped him off the front of the deck. That's not cruel since there's a thick bed of tall grass right there so they always have a soft landing. I'm sure the little guy doesn't realize what a huge favor I did for him tonight, and didn't even let the dog eat him like what happened to the last one. Adventures with wildlife.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD- sometimes where you live sounds like pure heaven!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got the report back on my Maxx,the old cat I had been concerned about. His liver,kidney and thyroid tested well. They are retesting his glucose it was low. Not too bad for a 17 y.o. cat. Just wish he wasnt so arthritic.

Got my mammogram result back and they were normal.
    Funny what constitutes as a Yippy moment as you age.

Sd-sounds lovely. It was so stifling here all day I would have jumped in your lake! Still kinda warm. And yeah donate it somewhere w/lots of strong guys!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Got the report back on my Maxx,the old cat I had been concerned about. His liver,kidney and thyroid tested well. They are retesting his glucose it was low. Not too bad for a 17 y.o. cat. Just wish he wasnt so arthritic.

Got my mammogram result back and they were normal.
    Funny what constitutes as a Yippy moment as you age.

!
    good news, yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    The problem with the pool table is it has a one-piece slate bed that weighs 300 or 400 pounds. Nobody wants to move them. Even the local moving company won't move them anymore. We don't know what to do about getting rid of it.
    Pry bar and sledgehammer, maybe? Seriously, if you just want it gone, is there a way that you can dismantle/destroy it and get it out?
    My brother has one that's he has been trying to get rid of, too. Apparently they aren't as popular as they once were.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am glad my 25 year old lives on her own... even though when we had the big house she had basically her own apartment and no she did not keep it clean...her apartment now is spotless ..

Hugs to all

We decided to sell the gun collection. We 800 which is about what I thought we would get.. 7 guns..
    We are paying off the fridge and bed.
    Paying the electric bill
    Stockpiling the house

Ugh still have the 3 most valuable ones left
    Today nothing

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD while it is going to be a lot of work, you could always saw it through if no takers? I don't know how hard that would actually be, but that is what I did with the couches because I had no other options left.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oof you guys are killing me. There must be some organization that could take it.

Going to breakfast w/ DH. Going to try not to be too bad but I prob. will, hahaha!
    DD opened today but is supposed to be going to the Woodward Cruise. Bf dad has a car he shows (Nova). Haha she doesnt want to sit in it because the paint alone is insured for $20,000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was in the low nineties yesterday, very hot for here. It wasn't bad out on the lake though, even on the dock. We had the umbrellas down there but couldn't use them because then W wouldn't have been able to cast, so we sat in the sun. It was kinda windy for them anyway. My friend wanted to go for a swim but forgot her suit bottoms, so maybe she'll go today. They love it here and kept saying what a nice setting we have and a great set up with our dock. I hope they come back again sometime.

It's supposed to cool off tomorrow. Sure hope so. We have to get the gutters done, now that the driveway is done. I woke up to thunder at four AM and was afraid of another gully-washer, but luckily not much came of it. But it could happen at any time. The gutters and drain tile won't eliminate the driveway erosion, but hopefully it'll slow it down so we don't have to repair the driveway as often. The excavator recommended planting grass on it, too, so we'll need to get that done soon and then try to keep it watered. Or maybe it's better to wait for September and cooler temps.

We've thought about taking a sledgehammer to the pool table, but we're concerned about the damage it could do to have bits of slate flying around the room in here. And of course injuries to us or our pets. I don't think it would be that easy to hammer it apart either. Cutting it would create the same problems plus all the dust, and we'd need a specialty saw to cut it and I think stone cutting blades have to have water running on them at all times to keep them cool, too, so I'm not sure it's even feasible inside a finished house. The table all comes apart so the slate can be moved separately from any of the other parts, but it's just massively heavy to try to move a 4x8 sheet of solid rock.

I think part of the problem here with pool tables it they require a lot of space and that's not possible because most of the houses are old, with small rooms. It's also hard to find a really dry basement here, and the basement steps to a lot of the houses are straight out of a nightmare, stuff that you could never get something like a pool table down them. Lots of 'what were they thinking?' designs. We couldn't believe how bad the basement accesses were in almost all the houses we looked at last winter. Narrow, twisty, no head room, steep narrow ankle-buster steps, etc. So that kind of thing really cuts down on the list of potential takers.

I made a gallon of cauliflower hot pickles today. So tasty! Or they will be in about three days. We won't need to buy pickles for quite a while now, since I made three quarts of mixed pickles recently too. I think I'll give a quart of those to Mom though.

We gathered up our tools for the gutter project tomorrow, too, so that's all ready to go. We've been getting a few little things done in spite of this supposedly being our tiny vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just got on for the first time in days. Sunday morning had to take hubs to the ER and they admitted him to ICU within a couple hours of getting one of the test results back. He had went into diabetic Ketoacidosis ( sp ? ) and potassium level was sky high. He staying in ICU for close to 2 days then was admitted into regular hospital. He just got out yesterday. They couldn't even control his sugar level in a controlled environment.

They now have a new "buzz" word. Brittle diabetic. Someone whose sugar can't be controlled. They kept using that term. When it can't be controlled in a controlled environment.... what do you do.
    when it drops it drops to low 20's or 30's. High is over 500... at 500 the meter just says high. does that a lot. the lows are mostly at night and he's asleep.

We were of course closed at the business all week and will be one day of this week. His health comes first. That's priority but I'm going to have to figure out a budget or options for emergencies like this. When we're closed we don't get paid. A lot of changes at home and business have GOT to happen.

Off for now to read and catch up. So much for the challenges for August. And now when I need them most. I have a big stockpile but very little of the new type food on hand. So off to the grocery today to start a new "type" stockpile.

Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so, so sorry, Niko. Hoping things improve for him soon. I'm sure the stress with other issues does not help him at all either.

I've heard the term brittle diabetes for decades, usually in association with special needs kids awaiting adoption. I'm sure it applies to others as well but because of volunteer stuff I was doing I learned about it in that context.

I have a friend who had uncontrollable blood sugar. She was severely overweight and had gastric bypass surgery, which helped her lose a lot of weight and since then she has been able to control her BS with meds, better diet, and exercise. I don't know the details about your husband's situation but just throwing it out there as an FYI since it worked for her. I don't know if her diabetes was considered brittle. She never used that term with me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

He's about 5 7" about.... and weighs a whopping 122 pounds. On a good week maybe 128. Not a typical diabetic.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4