2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 149
Page 149 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    He had went into diabetic Ketoacidosis ( sp ? ) and potassium level was sky high. He staying in ICU for close to 2 days then was admitted into regular hospital. He just got out yesterday. They couldn't even control his sugar level in a controlled environment.

They now have a new "buzz" word. Brittle diabetic. Someone whose sugar can't be controlled. They kept using that term. When it can't be controlled in a controlled environment.... what do you do.

I am sorry about your DH. My dad is a "brittle" diabetic and it doesn't help that he does not follow the diet well. He has a great endocrinologist, who after a hospitalization, made my dad take Diabetic Boot Camp (it's not really called this,lol) again, (insurance covers, spouses can go), hook back up with the nutritionist. But what worked the best was an insulin pump, easy to use keeps sugars on an even keel. He also has some kind of automatic sugar test thing. That started during when I got sick so I'm clueless, just know that between these two things, his sugars have been extremely well-controlled. No crashes and no 500s anymore and he is just as non-compliant with food as before. Oh and he had an almost normal A1C! maybe DH could get some more help?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko-prayers sent. I was going to suggest a pump but Bernice already had.

Just got back from the bark park w/ Yogi. He has come so far. Even when a couple of Pitbulls rammed their noses in his behind he maintained his cool. He loves to walk in the woods there w/ Dh. We went for ice cream and hot dogs w/ him after. He ate a vanilla cup and a hot dog then begged for my cone lol. Then he drove home on the highway. Best birthday party ever! hahaha!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, AW man , I knew something was wrong, Praying he evens out and feels better. I never knew anything like that could happen, I cant stand up with my blood sugar at 90, 20-30, thats just scarey!! I really hope everything is ok. Stay strong, I know how tired and icky you are feeling,
    prayers sent up...vent here, we are all here for you!

SD, Thank you for the spin around the lake, its just wonderful! Hope your friends are really ejoying their time with you, there are several of us that would love to spend a day or two, So she better feel like she is privilaged! (SP)

Take a tarp, or old sheets, cardboard, cover the pool table, and break it up, you can use they slate outside under your down spouts, so the water doesn't dig holes. or use it as a walkway. There, now you have room.

Ok I have to ask how are you making hot cauiflower? can I make them with no salt? The kids found me bread and butter pickles with no salt and they are really good. Had a friend I worked with that brought in pickled cauiflower, but she wouldnt give me the recipe, it was really good! looking for pickled carrots too, my son wants them really bad.

FW, um, breakfast, I know blueberry pancakes!! So glad you and your cat are ok. My cat is feeling so much better he ate his plate and then stole another plate and ate it. The poor guy is starving..So it will take us while to get him caught up on eating.

DH has been working with the black one, kona, he can now pick him up, but we still have a ways to go. Need to get him into the vet, we think he has a bad tooth too, but he needs to start trusting us alittle first.

RABBIT, Sending up prayers until I hear different. Take care of you too.

OM, Take it easy!

Jen, how are you doing?

ILC, hope you are having a great time!! thinking of you!

Bernice hope you are doing better too!

Hi to anyone I forgot..

We had one heck of a storm last night, thunder was really loud and shook the house.. We are suppose to get more this afternoon and it looks like its going to happen, we have to turn lights on and its only 3:00! We need some rain,, but not hail and tornados!

Got alot done yesterday
    spinach froze
    mushrooms in freezer
    bunch of eggs boiled
    corn off cob, in freezer
    Today
    read paper, check sales
    peel, start cooking applesauce
    peel,cut up pineapples, if ripe, can if time
    fix dinner
    pick up kitchen

I expect something good to happen to each and every one of you, Hugs
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Just got back from the bark park w/ Yogi. He has come so far. Even when a couple of Pitbulls rammed their noses in his behind he maintained his cool. He loves to walk in the woods there w/ Dh. We went for ice cream and hot dogs w/ him after. He ate a vanilla cup and a hot dog then begged for my cone lol. Then he drove home on the highway. Best birthday party ever! hahaha!
    was it Yogi's birthday or yours, lol? he made out like a bandit!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-Just being silly. Although we did get him in July 4 yrs. ago. We usually use that adoption date as a birthday. No we took him to the park and then I was wanting ice cream.

Pinetree-a bagel sandwich w/ sausage links,cheese no egg and about 1/2 a cup of coke no ice. Dh has his ham-n-cheese omelette w/ rye toast and hash browns/coffee black. We go to this hole in the wall coney w/ lots of regulars. It's like an Up North restaurant. Called Jerry's Coney Island. Some relative kid kept wandering behind the counter and people pour their own coffee if they sit at the bar. www.facebook.com/jerrysconeyisland. if you are interested. I used to take DD when she got off shift at Tim Hortons after baking all night.

Watched a movie about our age vs. the twentysomethings. Called "we were young"? w/ Ben Stiller. Needed to breakdown and set up the air conditioner last night. I hope this breaks soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all,since when am I first??!!
    empty the Dw
    vaccumn
    go to the gym and get back in the swing of things. Diet alone isnt going to do it for this old body
    wash bedding
    make vet appts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back to the real world today. Our friends are leaving early this AM to poke around Duluth before they fly home. It was so great they came to visit us. He had a great time with the fishing guide he hired for yesterday, and they had nice weather out on the lake, too, overcast, breezy, and not too hot. He caught a few fish, no record-setters, but he had fun. He's one of those who doesn't care if he catches fish or not, it's just the being outside and the casting and chatting and enjoyment of it all he likes.

Today, our goal is to get those pesky gutters installed. If we get that done, we won't care about anything else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Fw great birthday party for yogi, I know I am usually first lol
    SD gutters is enough

Shopping today that is it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! I have some massive catching up to do. We're so chatty I can't keep up! That's a good thing though. I like that we chit chat.

Today DD and the kids are coming so my day will be spent crawling around with the little ones. My knees will be wrecked and my back will ache but I'm looking forward to it as always. Temps supposed to be 87 and humid today and I really want to be in the pool but the guys are out there digging ditches around the new house to lay the drainage that the crooked contractor didn't do (although we paid him for it) and I'm not sure I want to be hanging out there in my bathing suit while there are guys working. I'm not exactly bathing beauty material

Once the kids leave I'll straighten the house back up and I need to sort through our glasses. We have tons of glasses, sport bottles etc and they barely fit in the cupboard. We don't have any need of having 6000 glasses so I need to weed them out and take the ones I don't want over to GW or SA. That cupboard is a hot mess. I also need to brush the cat down. She loves it and while she doesn't have a lot of loose hair I like to stay on top of it to keep the hairballs down. She likes to be brushed for a short bit...then she starts swinging at me and I move on. hahaha

DDs van just pulled up so gotta go. WIll come back later and catch up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs, Niko I am so sorry. My dad is a diabetic and I know how bad things can get with him, but this seems like nothing compared to this. I really hope your husband will do better soon.

Well episode XXVI of the house saga: I called the notary earlier today and apparently rather than the judgement had been made last week, which was the intention the lawyer of the sellers managed to screw it up once again and now it will hopefully this week. Sigh, we are nearly getting to the point its actually funny. Well yeah, I am giving them another 2 weeks to clean up the mess and then I am looking for a lawyer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Afternoon, yep, late again, I really must do something about this sleeping, It would help if I didnt wake up at 1 and go back to sleep at 6..

Ayanka, maybe you should find a lawyer now, it sounds like they are just stringing you along. hugs

FW, Thanks for the link, that looks like a really cool place, we had something like that, but it closed down about 10 yrs ago, we really miss it and their food!
    Yogi sounds like he had fun, mine would have a birthday everyday if they could!

ilc, enjoy the kids at home!! Take care!

OM, sounds like you are feeling alittle better, have fun stockpiling! Hows DH doing?

Niko, hope things are going better for you. Try and take a breath once in awhile.

SD, Good to hear your friends had fun, sounds like you got a big break too. Have fun with the gutters, we had a heck of a time with ours, we couldn't get the tilt right so the water flowed thru instead of sitting in one spot. Took us a few tries before we got it.

Hikr00. My glasses seems to do that too, I dont know how we collect so many!

Jem hope youre feeling better!

RABBIT, thought about you all weekend, how everything going?

Hi to people I forgot.

I want to thank you guys for links, pictures, lake visits, its like I get to travel here at the computer. I really enjoy taking these short trips!

Well we have severe storms again today, It is getting late in the year to have all these, but they seem to keep going, so temps dropping back down in the 70's for a few days, Man the garden cant do anything with these cool temps.
    Made my applesauce, then we ate it for dinner, leftover I froze to put in brownies and poppy seed bread, instead of oil and butter. Trying to cut more fats out. Have zucchini to shred now, going to use it instead of oil and bread, yum.
    Watching for green bean sale, mine still arent doing anything, need to do about 48 pints of dilly beans. Found no salt recipies for cauiflower and carrots so I think I will can some of those, we can get 5# organic carrots for 2.97.

I have been really trying to keep up where I have already cleaned, I'm finding it easier to keep it cleaned up. As long as I dont miss a day or 2. Cant seem to keep the kitchen sink cleaned up tho.. I suppose theres always something.

3/3 yesterday! 2 in a row!!
    today
    shred zucchini
    help DH order glasses
    pay bills
    exercise

Have a great day, expect something good to happen!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got most of the difficult side done, almost. We got a late start because we had to run to the hardware store to get a ladder stabilizer, which solved the problems with the ladder on that side, but not without a lot of trial and error and finally splitting the extension ladder into two parts, so that took some time, too. There's a hill next to the garage on that side that's so close there's nowhere to put a stepladder, and we couldn't put the extension ladder against aluminum drip edge and fascia on the garage without dinging it, so had to figure out how to make the stabilizer work. We're short a connector so can't quite finish that side yet, but I think we'll be going out of town this weekend to pick up some stuff including the connectors. When we do, it won't take long to finish up. We'll be short one on the other side, too. The plan now is to work on the other side after work this week. It should go much, much quicker than the first side since the ground is flat with plenty of space for the stepladders, so we won't have to spend time fighting the terrain. We'll still have to install heat tapes in the gutters and put the screens on the top, so the fun and games will be going on for a while, but I think the worst will be over once the gutters are done.

Now that the driveway is done and our company is gone, I'm becoming obsessed with thoughts of the utility trailer. I may drag the plywood for the floor out tomorrow and paint it. That would be great to get that done. Then at least we'd have a flatbed again.

The new water heater had developed a loose connection this AM so I tightened that up. Good thing Husby noticed it. I didn't, and the water was seeping up into the Sheetrock wall. Love the new WH!

Stopped at GW of course and bought two vintage T-ware Square Rounds, my favorite. Those hold a quart so will be good for freezing broth next winter. .99 each, not bad at GW anymore. Also bought a nice wolf pack pic on a coat rack for $3. I'm going to use it for hanging up some of our stuff we have in the utility hallway, like ski poles we use for walking outside on our sloping yard in the winter and other odds and ends. Got some glow in the dark paint too, $1. Hope it actually does the job. I was looking for a church or community cookbook to send to my diet buddy. She was asking about hotdish recipes. I didn't find any but I think I might send her one or two of the local community cookbooks and then pick up replacements for myself later. They really liked the pasty she bought at one of our grocery stores that we had with supper last night, and I know there are pasty recipes in those books, so that would be a good thing, even though they aren't a hotdish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-brownies. I been wanting brownies but I am 2.5# down again so no talking about,oh yum,brownies.
    SD-it is too hot for that kind of work,take care.

DD wanted to take Mikey to the Bark park so I skipped the chores and went. We been edgy together again lately so I felt it was crucial.

Hugs to everyone-too hot to think!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm done! just have to fix dinner.

We have funnels coming down all over the state! Under a tornado and thunderstorm watch until 11 tonight! This is weird and its humid here today.

Frugalfriend, Are you OK?? If you are lurking around let me know you didnt get hit, saw where the tornado hit Deckers.. Take Care and be safe!! Too many are hitting the hills this year!

FW, experimenting with br___ies, this batch gets applesauce, then I'm trying ones with black beans then one with a sweet potato!! When I am done they will be healthy!! Next is poppy seed bread, I am so hungry for it,, so.. will make it so I can eat it!

SD, sounds like you are kicking some tail on those gutters! We got one of those stablizers when painting the house, they work great!!
    The kids are going on a guided trip next week, one of their friends does the tours, so he gave them a good price and they get to fish and spend the day together!! No fish tho, most guides are catch and release only.

My weight loss went kput.. need to get back on the wagon and lose some...

Gotta go start dinner, see you all tomorrow, sleep tight!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've made the black bean brownies. They were disgusting. I threw them out for the ravens to eat.

Anyone with weather going on, stay safe. Scary stuff.

FW, it's not hot here anymore. It's not humid and temps were in the low to mid seventies, perfect summer day. The hill I talked about in the previous post shaded us as we worked on the garage, too, so it was a good day for the job.

Going to be another giant bill at Menards this weekend again. We're going to start buying a few concrete blocks at a time so we don't have to deal with them all at once or pay for them all only to have them sitting around. We're going to rebuild all our garden boxes using concrete block so it's one and done. It's relatively easy to work with and never needs to be replaced so we don't have to worry about rotting wood as we get too old to rebuild stuff, and I don't think too much gunk leaches out of it to poison our food, either. We used it because it was what we had when we built the front garden area, but it turns out we really like it. It's also time to start picking up some parts for the bike trailer, plus a winch for hauling the bikes out of the lake.

Let's see... Friday, supper at DQ, but I had a salad with Flamethrower sauce and water, and a kid-size butterscotch cone for dessert so no harm done. Saturday, supper at A&W, bacon cheeseburger with fries, onion rings, and root beer. Then after an hour's drive home, dessert at DQ, mini Blizzard. But we had forgotten to eat lunch so I got away with that. I'm loving the concept of the mini Blizzard. Once I get used to ordering that instead of the large, I'm going to do fine. A mini is doable on my weight loss plan and it's enough to be satisfying, so I didn't feel deprived not getting the large. Sunday, lunch at a local restaurant where my friend and I split a blue cheese burger with fries, and she, Husby, and I split about half a huge plate of poutine, very, very bad. Up 6/10 today, no surprise, but I think I'll dump it all pretty fast. I feel bad I won't hit my Prevent goal. When I started I thought for sure I would, but it's too late now. Still, I'm down about twenty since 1/2 so I'm okay. I've been stalled for a while now because of not paying attention, so better get back to it this week.

I'd love someone to explain to me why, when I'm not looking for an item, I find it everywhere. Now that I actually want it, I can't find it anywhere. Someone should write a grant to get money to study this phenomenon. I want to work on my beaded wolf again and it's nowhere that I can see. I can't find the beads for it either, but I might have put them back in their trays at some point, so I'm not that worried about that. I found the fronts of the bib that I haven't started to bead yet and the extra velvet and other fabrics for it, but no luck on the wolf. I haven't worked on it in years and now I have such a bad case of bead fever I'm inspired all over again, but here I sit. Ach!