2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 150
Page 150 of 271 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-you can keep the sweet potato and black bean. I make them w/ applesauce (direct swap for oil) when I do the mix. I do frost it though because I do love the creme cheese frosting! sigh.

SD-glad for you I am just so hot. The dogs beg me to turn on the air in the bedroom.

Determined to go to bed before 2 am! gotten into a terrible pattern.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I mailed two packages, donated a sack of groceries to the local food pantry, picked up a prescription at CVS, went to the eye doctor to have an MRI, and then went to BJs Brewes and got a free dessert and then went to the $5 movie and got free popcorn. Pretty good day.

Tomorrow: Work at the church clothing room in the morning, buy an baby present and printer ink at Walmart, buy bananas at Aldis while they are 39 cent a pound, and then go back to the church and work in the food pantry. Dinner to follow at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunday I sat on my but and done nothing.
    Monday went shopping and got my hair done.. dyed it at home myself and cooked supper. Tacos from meat already browned in my freezer.
    Today not much going to lunch with high school friends..
    Tomorrow housework

I used to clean and clean on the big house kept it spotless no one appreciated it.. this one I don't even try .. they don't mind.

SD black bean brownies don't think so
    Be back tomorrow

Hugs to all

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For today:

1. Go grocery shopping. I really need to restock the fridge a little.
    2. Cook up the taco package (thanks for reminding me OM).
    3. To be determined.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Grammarbug-let us know how it comes out. hugs
    And welcome

Om-your so lazy! JK. I am the same way. And no,no one does. As long as the dishes are clean and the fridge has food.

Ayanka-I am so amazed at your patience. Here's hoping they get it together.

Drivng Miss DD to work today. Prob. get a few things at the Kroger seeing I'm out. Lost another .5 this morning so obviously less fast food,no pop,more water and more fruit is working for me because that 3# and its Tues. So 5.5# to get back to the lowest pt. this year.
    Dmom goes to the kidney Dr. to see where things are. Prayers please.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ta-dones so far:

1. Assembled two sections of gutter so they're ready to go up after work.
    2. Put the first coat of paint on one side of the plywood for the utility trailer. That took a whole quart. I have at least one more coat on that side plus two or three on the other side, plus the wood for the sides. I don't think we'll have enough paint.
    3. Searched high and low for the velvet I know is in my sewing room. Didn't find that or the wolf, but I did remember I bought new cabinet handles for the TV cabinet in the LR, so I dug those out and will start beading them soon so I don't go crazy with this bead fever I have now. Still have to pick bead colors, the hardest part. I think I'm going to do a simple spiral on them, quick and easy since I need to do five of them and I'm still craving working on the wolf, which I'm sure will turn up as soon as I decide I don't want to work on it anymore and start some other big project instead.
    4. Put up the downspout brackets on the garage, so that's ready for tonight. I also discovered the catch basin on that side is in the wrong place, so I'll need to exchange one of the elbows for the downspout for one with a different configuration. No big deal, I hope.
    5. Filled bird feeder and washed and filled bird bath. A squirrel promptly stuck his feet in. Still need to dig up a hummingbird feeder and get that out there.

I can't believe my weight is down to what it was last Thursday, before the weekend restaurant-fest. My new good habits did not let me down! Even though my food choices weren't the best. I even helped Husby finish off the leftover poutine yesterday, which had plenty of salt and fat, and I still lost a half pound overnight.

Our chipmunks aren't too bright. We always put shelled peanuts and unshelled peanuts in the feeder, and the chipmunks will sit among both of them and shell the unshelled ones to stuff in their faces and take away to add to the hoard. Why don't they just take the ones already shelled? Weirdos.

I love where we live. I was out in the yard painting and listening to the loons. They don't like it when the plane engines rev up at the seaplane base across the lake, and they get really vocal when that happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!

FW, Ok looks like I need to skip the black bean brownies, maybe try the pumpkin.lol Sending up prayers for your Mom, hoping everything comes out fine!

SD. Man you remind me of that marine commerical, we get more done before you get out of bed, or whatever, I cant remember now, lol, we are only an hour different and you have already have 50 things done!!

OM, theres nothing wrong with taking a day off! Sometimes we really need it. How's DH doing? Have fun with your friends at lunch.

Ayanka, Sounds like you are doing alittle better!

Jen, thinking about you.

RABBIT, Hope everything is OK, still sending up prayers.

Hikr00, hope you had fun with the kidos!

Grammar, thats a good deal on bananas!

Hope I didnt forget anyone!

We have another storn day today, low this morning was 45*, wow, kinda chilly, high is 73*, we were lucky and the tornados, hail, wind, missed us again, but boy did we have a lightening storm around midnight, which is strange for here.

Todays list
    check 2 stores for sales
    look up quilting on pinterest
    exercise
    load of laundry
    plus keeping up with things already done, oh yea, reset?

Have a beautiful day, expect something good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, HELLO? Missing you, everything ok? hope you are just spending time with your kids, but after a couple days, well, the worry wart starts to worry! Thats me, by the way lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shouldn't have sat down, Pinetree. My get up and go got up and went. I'm just sitting here looking at the Menards ads and figuring out how to spend more money.

I'm suddenly in a hurry to get the utility trailer done, so I was up early. I'm so sick of all the UFOs sitting out in the yard, plus all the crap piled up in the garage that needs to be hauled out, and the piles of old lumber that needs to be hauled out, too. Time to get on with things. That trailer has been torn apart for at least four months. It's not all Husby's fault, what with all the interruptions we've had and the uncooperative weather, but what's left could be done in the garage and we can do it all under cover if we have to. I wish we weren't going shopping this weekend but the gutters have to get completely finished before we get any heavy rain, so that's top priority.

Our friends were fascinated by the little red squirrels we have here. One came up on the deck where we were grilling supper, but couldn't make himself run across the deck like they usually do to get to the front of the house. But he tried. He kept getting closer and closer but always ran back away from us. So cute. The chipmunks were bolder. Two of them ran over my friend's foot. LOL. Lucky she enjoyed the experience.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made 67 baby cupcakes, 2 points each including frosting. It's actually less than that because I had enough frosting left over to make Husby's favorite sandwich cookies, frosting between saltines, enough for just over a sleeve of crackers. I won't be very tempted by them. Husby thought the mix and frosting looked good because it's supposed to be key lime, but as usual with cake mixes, it's a big disappointment, just the usual flavorless crap. Won't he ever learn? I'm freezing most of them for Husby to have. I'm sure he'll be disappointed, too.

The clouds are rolling in. It's not supposed to rain till later but I don't know if it'll be worth dragging all the tools out to work on the garage or not. Hope my paint is hard enough to stand being rained on because I'm not dragging the plywood back into the garage. It should be okay by now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-that why I can never leave them alone. I make the pumpkin bread and add choc.chips,always replace the water w/ milk or juice,add walnuts or something.

Took DD to work,shopped the farm market,hit Kroger,took a nap,did wash, picked up DD,called Dmom and the dang day is over.How does this happen??
    Going to make steak again and mushrooms,broccoli. DH irritates me because he won't eat fruit or veg except starch. I mean no to the salad,mushrooms. I don't really eat bread much anymore. I wish he would grow his palette a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine would starve if he was too picky. He won't cook and would be living on TV dinners like his parents did. He's come to appreciate real food after forty years of living with me.

The clouds rolled in so we decided not to work on the garage, dang it.

I'm still obsessed with the wolf bib. I can't figure out where it went, but it'll turn up. I'm debating if I want jingles on it, or just use the beads I already have. I suppose jingles would be like honey to a bear when it comes to the tourists. They'll be all over me as it is, because it's going to be beautiful. Still, I love jingles and I don't dance, which is why I started making jean jacket bibs in the first place. The jingles would cost me about $20 plus whatever bead supplies I bought at the same time, so it could get costly. I guess I need to finish the dang beading first and then worry about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoo hoo got 3 more today plus

cut up packaged zucchini
    made a lemon poppy seed bread, with applesauce, smells good!
    Worked for about an hour
    the big tent sale is this weekend, so I'm getting green beans, dill, tomatoes, peaches, grapes, pineapple,pears,carrots, cabbage, cauiflower, onions, and anything else I can find and can, freeze or dry I hope I can do all this, Jen are you getting yours done?

SD, I could eat everyone of those cupcakes, I shoud make a deal and see if someone wanted the stumps!! Remember seinfeild? lol Heard of frosting with grahm cracker, not saltines, um, think i would pass on that one and just eat the frosting with a spoon!

FW, my guys dont eat fruits or veggies either, DS use to but now he doesnt like them?,,

Rains moving in here too,, weather man just said the mountains might get snow, but I suppose its far up. They say sept 18th is our normal freeze, and its suppose to be really cold this winter... Great.. Going to have another fall day tomprrow.. then back to summer..

Tomorrow is the first day of school here, aw,, summer is over..

Have a great night .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been hearing it'll be an El Nino year, warmer than usual. But who knows?

Husby never had much for fruits and veggies as a kid. His parents thought it was too expensive. They could have afforded it, they were just cheap. He was veggie-resistant for years but now he loves fruits and veggies of all kinds. I would think it would be pretty hard to hate two entire categories of food, especially when there are thousands of ways to prepare them. I'm glad he got over it because it makes things easier for me and healthier for him.

No school here till after Labor Day, by state law.

It was sprinkling when we went out to see about the gutter, but of course it quit. We're supposed to get almost three inches over the next couple days though, so I hope the driveway doesn't wash too much.

Found the wolf bib, finally. It got set on top of a stack of containers on a shelf, and then a quilling kit got set over it. Now to find the pattern and round up the beads. The beads aren't a problem, but finding the pattern could be interesting. I didn't find that in my searching, either. I should have had all this stuff in one place all along, but it's sort of a leftover project from the bad old days when nothing we owned was organized. So much better now, but not totally organized yet. I haven't worked on that project for at least ten years. I started it about twenty years ago when I was in college and taking beading as an art class, so it's way past time to get it done.

I sure need to get in and sort out my sewing room. I should make a point of spending at least an hour a day in there organizing. That was the first room I tackled when I first started purging the house, but it needs to be gone through again and have more stuff go away and everything put into logical storage and be labeled. It used to be a way of life here that any time we did anything, we'd have to allow a lot of extra time for searching for items we needed, but now it drives us both crazy to have to do that. It's embarrassing to admit it never occurred to us there was a better way.

I haven't looked at Crazy Crow's website for a long time, but I knew I could get jingles there. Now I see way too many other interesting things! One of the many bad side effects of bead fever. I think I better forget the jingles and use the pony beads I already have. The jacket would be more comfortable then anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ended up making the steak. $16, for 2 and Dh left 1/2 of it because it was grizzle. UM,nope. I cut it 1/8 trim and then cut around any fat before I cook it. Big Baby.
    He also wont eat meat off the bone,any seafood shelled or fish,
    I made broccoli where I cut in huge clumps and boiled water of the side burner of the grill. Cooks so quick and fresh. Brought out apples and split 1/2 a one w/ DH (yes apples he'll eat). Lemon cake.

Went in early for the skeeters. Dang. Hope it rains hard tonight. So hot and humid all week. I gave Dh DD's Fat Tire ale/beer? she started to throw a fit. I reminded her dinner was free and I could replace it. Why is everyone so tempermental! Maybe the heat. Even the Mackey was squaking (sp).
    Going up in the air conditioning!

Pinetree-DD was just yapping about wanting to have lemon poppy seed bread.
    SD-winters have been so off I wouldnt venture to guess.

Supposed to work at the rescue tomorrow and i dont feel excited. Everything seems so unwelcoming and structured. I can't help thinking of a few comments that hit me the wrong way. DD says I should go to one w/o so many paid employees. Going to let things take their course tomorrow and see how it goes.