2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 152
Page 152 of 271 FirstFirst ... 52102142149150151152153154155162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am having a great day!! I'm done cleaning and working and waiting for DH to get home with 1st load of groceries.

RABBIT, pm that to Niko so she is sure to see it, It might be what she needs. It would be nice if they would take it for her..Hope shes doing ok..

SD, what are you doing? You sure dont have much to say, are you playing hookie? Hiding out relaxing for a change?? lol

Ayanka, Thats exactly what you need is sleep! Stress makes you tired and slow! So sorry to hear about your grandma, hope she starts feeling better. I lost mine in 1966, I dont know what its like to have grandparents. You should feel lucky you have her!

FW waiting to hear!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by hikr00 View Post
    SD I'm cracking up at your DH and the water thing. My DH is apparently opposed to gutters..we have a corner of the house where the water cascades down and it's rotted the wood which he's had to replace several times. So I said "hey how about a gutter to divert the water to a better spot so the wood is spared a bit". Nope, the water has nothing to do with the rot. OK then. Now I do confess this is not my area of expertise but I always thought water could be a rot culprit but he says no. Maybe he's right???
    No, he's not right - he's just apparently stubborn! Just keep quiet and let him replace the wood as often as he wants.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the suggestion pinetree, I just sent Niko a pm.

Hikr - I gave Cadbury a long massage session tonight and told him it was from you! He's so cute, he loves to have his ears and cheeks rubbed.

I am back out on the porch. Why didn't I think to take the laptop out here in the beginning of the summer?! There is now two hummingbirds fighting over the feeder. Hope everyone is enjoying their evening.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I spent three hours sorting and purging books in the cabin this AM, and then another two and a half hours fighting with the insurance company that's refusing to pay for my eye surgeries and the medical care network that's refusing to authorize a referral so the insurance will pay. Such fun. I expect it'll be resolved at some point but right now I really don't see how. At any rate, it's been a busy day and semi-productive in the sense that I got two boxes of books packed up for GW and organized the top shelf of my 8' bookshelves in the cabin. Gotta hit that hard while the weather's bad. I'm trying to clear out enough so we can get the old kitchen cabinets out of my office that have been replaced by one of the new entertainment centers. I need to strip the paint off those so they can be installed in the back porch, where a matching wall cabinet has always lived. It would be great storage in there and we could sure use it.

I also located the NIB Rev-A-Shelf tip out trays I got for $1 at the FD sale, that I'm hoping will fit in the 'new' vanity. Now that I see them again, they might be too long but I hope not. If so I might be able to alter them. I also found the new outside motion sensor light we thought was NIB, but as it turns out, it's new or close to it, but was just put into another light box. We're perfectly fine with that for $3, so that's not a problem. I was all excited about the light shown on the box because it had a sensor that can be set to come on at dusk for a set amount of time, and then if it sensed motion, it flips to full brightness for a certain amount of time. Husby found one just like the one on the box at Home Depot and we were all set to order it when we decided we should test out the one we have and discovered it was different than the picture on the box. Glad we found out about it before ordering. So now Husby's on the hunt for one that matches the one we actually got. I did plug it in and it does the same thing as the one on the box, comes on in dim mode, then brightens up when it senses motion, and then shuts off after a time. So I'm still happy about getting it. Normally I would look stuff over a lot more carefully before buying, but that sale was so crazy I didn't have time or space to open boxes and get stuff out to look at it, and just stuffed it in my big shopping bag. I figured for three bucks I'd take a chance. I like what we got better than the style on the box anyway. Hope we can match it. We want to put it on our front deck and there are two lights there. It's where our bird feeders are and we want to have a motion light out there so we can see the nighttime critters that show up. The dual light levels would be just perfect for that purpose.

The new meat slicer came Monday. The UPS guy was pretty excited about the new driveway. LOL. I haven't sliced anything yet but I did unpack the thing today and if it works okay, I think we'll love it. It's got a good-sized blade but a fairly small footprint, so it's not going to be a storage problem, and it's not overly heavy so it's easy to move around. I think we made the right choice, assuming it cuts nicely. The physical aspects of it are perfect so far. I have a pork loin marinating in the fridge so I plan to cook that up soon and try slicing it. The slicer looks like it'll be really easy to clean, too, and that's a big factor for me. I'm glad I didn't buy the $20 one I almost bought at GW a few weeks ago. The one I got should serve us much better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good rain last night and cooler temps. Who would have ever thought that 80 degree temps would be chilly? Today I have physical therapy and then later today I am working at the food pantry. I am going to try to get a little needlepoint done today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!!

wjcalderon you made me laugh about DH and the rotted wood SD makes a point about having them potentially freeze and I hadn't thought about that but each year I see him laboring out there whining about why is the wood rotting and I'm like WATER!! It's the water!. His reply is "nope, water doesn't do this". OK then, moving right along Happy repairs honey!

Rabbit that was so sweet of you to give Cadbury the massage and tell him it was from me <3 I'd totally give him one if I was there. We always had rabbits growing up. One of them managed to escape the hutch and took off and joined a bunch of wild rabbits that lived in the woods behind our house. We'd see him out there hopping along with them. They were all brown and he was bright white so he stood out. He seemed happy although we sobbed hysterically when we discovered he was gone. Then again, there's no way to be sure that was our rabbit and he may have met a darker fate in the woods but I prefer to believe he joined the wild herd and lived a long full life. Growing up we had hamsters (Mom refused gerbils because to her they looked like rats and she was terrified of rats), rabbits, cats and dogs. Oh and fish, we had fish. She also fed the wild birds in droves. I get my love of animals from my Mom <3 <3

Ayanka I hope you can get some good sleep. I hope your Grandma feels better.

Pinetree I'm glad you had a good day!!

SD happy slicing! Yay for the UPS guy getting excited about the driveway too That stinks about the insurance company fighting you about the eye surgery. Two years ago I had a bladder suspension and even though I had prior authorization from the insurance they denied it based on the fact that THEY felt it was not "medically necessary". While it's true that I wasn't having any issues with bladder infections or anything like that I did feel that constant incontinence was affecting my life negatively but that is of no consequence to the insurance company. It had gotten so bad that I would "leak" just walking!! The pressure of putting a foot down would trigger it. I fought it and the doc's office did too but no dice. I wound up having the pay for the whole thing out of pocket. I was not a happy camper. The problem though is fixed and it was totally worth it but I am still annoyed with the insurance.

Niko, thinking of you. How's your DH doing?

Bernice sounds like you had a rough day there Your aunt truly doesn't seem to get it does she? I'd have been rip roaring furious with her. I'm glad she's great with your Mom though but I'd be annoyed at her treatment of you and your medical condition. Prayers for peace for you Mom said. I hope the EEG gives you some answers.

ILC are you still hanging with the kids? Hope you're having a good time with your son being home.

Hi to all I missed!

I did get everything crossed off the list but the packing from yesterday. Still working on that one and will work on that today. DH and I have been talking about how much we're going to miss the pool once we have to close it (probably the end of September) and toying with checking into a couple of the gyms around here that have inside pools you can use as part of your membership. I used to take a water aerobics class years and years ago so I could do something like that as well. I don't know though...the Y in our area is 912.00 a year. That's a big chunk of change. The other closest gym is 585 a year so it's cheaper but more limited on classes and it's also a little bit further (20 mins vs 10). I'm going to call them today and speak to someone and ask a few questions. The info I've found is just off their webpages etc.

1. Finish packing a couple of boxes
    2. Call the gyms
    3. FILE (the stack is growing and I really need to do this FIRST)

Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't find my notebook to takev nones to respond to everyone..

Prayers Bernice

Cornbread salad is left over cornbread with tomatoes, corn , beans or whatever veggie u want in it.. half mayo and sour cream. . Cheese.

I make a southwest one
    Leftover cornbread
    Black beans
    Rotella
    Green onions if I have them
    Cheese
    Garlic, salt, and pepper
    Mayo
    Sour cream to bind
    Let chill

Hugs to all

Today sweep and mop
    And bathroom didn't get it yesterday

Breakfast for supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh forgot it would be taking care of a little old lady in her home cash....just helping her stay in her home

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all,off to the rescue again. I guess I was being too sensitive because everyone was nice and I had a god day there. Some of it can be sad if you let it. We have 2 cats that are enormous. They arent functional and their health is in the balance. 1 of them was crazed for food because he is used to eating constantly,that he ate plastic off the garbage bag and had to see the vet. Please,dont overfeed your cats.
    It is so hard to fix and makes them unadoptable ever.
    I spent the 4 hrs. w/ 15 cats. Brushing and petting mostly. It's like a village. There's a cranky old cat,feisty youngsters,timid guys and jealous ones. My favorites changed by the hour.
    A puppy got adopted and several cats looked at this week but no takers.

Dont have time to comment today but hugs to you all. Gotta jam some housework in lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I checked the new bathroom vanity and the two tip-out trays together are too long. Since I only have a dollar invested in them, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to modify one of them because they only have to be about an inch shorter. I'm sure I'll think of something because I'm determined.

I woke up this morning and decided to figure out how to smoke meat. So I dragged out the smoker and got it all set up per a 1978 cookbook specifically for bullet smokers like mine, and it's out there smoking away now. I threw in the pork loin we didn't eat over the weekend, so I hope it turns out good. It's supposed to smoke for seven hours and I'm resisting the temptation to open the lid. I'll check it after four hours and see if it needs water or more wood or whatever. I hope I did it right. I think what's always messed me up was that smoker came with two pans and I thought I had to use both. But one is for charcoal and we converted to an electric element, so don't need the coal pan, but for some reason that fact didn't sink in. And then I didn't understand the concept of the water pan, either, but I get it now. I hope it gets warm enough because it's cold out there today. Getting the slicer is forcing me to learn to use the smoker, because the purpose of the slicer is to quit buying so much lunch meat from the store so we avoid all the nitrates and other bad stuff in that. I sure hope it works. Otherwise we wasted $100 on the slicer.

A while back (months) I installed shelf cleats in the liquor cabinet in the kitchen. By liquor cabinet, I mean a base cabinet with a pull-out in it where all the booze lives, not a free-standing tall cabinet. I've been wanting a shelf above the liquor bottles to store my cutting boards, so they're not taking up space in the cookie sheet cabinet. So I put the cleats in and then couldn't find the shelves we had removed from some other cabinets when we put the pull outs in them. I found those a few weeks ago and set them on the counter by the cabinet they needed to go into, not remembering I had already put the cleats in. Duh! But today I finally remembered all I had to do to finish up that little project was cut the shelves, so I did and I love that now! No more having my flexible cutting boards get all smashed and bent and no more not being able to find my smaller cutting boards, and now I can BOLO for a nice wooden cutting board with the rim cut in for meat juices that I didn't have room for in the cookie sheet cabinet. Everything fits nicely in the cookie sheet cabinet now too, and there's plenty of room on the cutting board shelf. And to think, it only took four and a half years to get that done!

I'm at my lowest weight in five years today! After a weekend of disastrous eating, too. I guess some of my good habits helped me out. It's good to be back down into VFT (Virgin Fat Territory) again. I won't make my Prevent goal and I'm unhappy about that, but I'll get there eventually since I'm not that far off, and I have a long way to go anyway. But I'm still happy about the program and my progress overall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are not going to believe the news I got today. They managed to get things through court, so I ll be able to sign the paperwork August the 31st.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, getting worried here, drop a hi if you can.

FW, So glad its working out for you! Give all those guys a big hug for me, What a neet job to have, hugging fur all day!!

SD, WTG on the smoking, remember to let it sit before you cut it, at least 30 minutes. Also the meat slicer wont be a waste of money, you dont have to have smoked meat to use it! I have beef roasts we have sliced up for french dips! You are going to love both the smoker and the slicer! Congratulations on the weight loss!!

Niko, saw you lurking, glad to see you are ok.

RABBIT, Hows SIL? Wow, if youre giving the bunny hugs, you can give him a big kiss from me! Right on his cheek! Enjoy your humming birds!!

Hikr00,
    Well, DH found a pizza I can eat!! Its California pizza kitchen, spinach and artichoke, not bad, it has really thin crust, but was nice eating it with the family, you might check and see if you can find them, not all of them are low salt.

ALso got my featherweight baking powder today, label reads
    calories 0
    Total fat 0
    potassium 70mg
    carbs 0
    sodium 0
    serving size 1/8 tsp

now need to find the baking soda, but this should help alot! Going to try and make cookies on the next cool down.

We use to hate taking the pool down, I wish we could have it all winter, but no way to keep it warm, Good luck finding a pool, thats expensive going to the Y.

Jen, are you ok?? Havent heard a peep out of you.

Bernice, Hope things calm down for you.

OM, Expect good things to happen, keep the chin up, things will work out for you, looks like doors are opening up for You! Hugs

GB123, Have a great day!

Ayanka, YipPPEee, does that mean you get to move now?? I'm getting excited for you!!!

Hope I got everyone.

Got my $20 down alternative cal king comforter today, and I am impressed, not sure how the white is going to work with the gray cat, but will see. I have never found a blanket that cheap!

Well really messed up yesterday, for some reason, I thought it was Thurs, all day, was ready for today to be Fri and canning all my fruit and veggies, well if nothing else the house is all cleaned up so I dont have alot to do today, lol Man sometimes I think my blood pressure is so low, I am not getting blood to my brain!!

My house hasnt been this clean and picked up since we were painting last fall!! Its looking really good, now to declutter and get rid of junk we dont need. So still have along way to go. I cleaned my sink with clorox, omg, I didnt realize how bad it gets, need to keep up with some of this stuff, like cleaning the coils on the fridge, havent done that for???

Today
    pick up, clean up
    dust hutch
    get out all the stuff I need to can and clean up if necessary

Have a fantastic day, I hope something good happens to you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats Ayanka. Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, that's great news! I hope it all goes as planned now. Moving day isn't far away!

Pinetree, I know we don't have to use smoked meats to slice, and you're right, it won't be a waste.

I'm starting to conclude the problem with smoking isn't me, it's the stupid smoker. I don't think it gets hot enough. I had the same problem when I struggled with dehydrating for years and got nothing but frustration out of it. I got a different dehydrator and it was like night and day, and suddenly all my problems went away. That loin has been smoking four hours and sure doesn't look like it's cooking. The heat indicator on the smoker only says WARM instead of IDEAL. I know those are notoriously inaccurate but I can put my hands on the smoker anywhere and it's not too hot to touch. I know it's not supposed to be real hot, but that just doesn't seem hot enough. I think I'll be finishing the loin off in the oven to get it up to safe temps. There's no way to adjust the temp on that smoker. It's either on or off. If it takes buying a new smoker to be able to smoke stuff, I'll do it because we love smoked foods. Should have probably done it years ago but I was sure it was just that we're doing things wrong somehow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, DH said your heating element is going out, So sorry!

If you have had smoke running on it, just finish it off in your oven, again So sorry! If you use charcoal, make sure there are vents on the botton that let air in, otherwise the same thing happens, it wont let the coals get hot.

Going outside to look for humming birds!! Wish me luck!!