2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 153
Page 153 of 271 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody! We've had a great time with DS home. We ate out a lot, shopped, talked, hung out, just a lovely visit. He was sick with a horrible sinus infection he's had since last winter so I finally got him convinced to see a doctor, which he did, and now he's on a 7-day Z-pack--the highest dose, the doctor said. He left yesterday full of good food and good medicine.

Today we had to take one of the cats to the vet. Poor baby was lethargic yesterday, then this a.m. he was sneezing, coughing, drooling, and dripping from nose and eyes. The vet was so worried she did a chest X-ray but it was clear so he got his steroid shot and an antibiotic shot and fluids plus a 10-day supply of oral meds. $253, and he's worth it. He's now sleeping more peacefully and breathing a little better---that steroid shot usually works quickly.

Ayanka, great news on the house!!

Bernice, I hate that you're having to deal with the hospice situation with your mom. I'll put that on my prayer list.

Niko, so sorry about your DH. You're right, he definitely isn't the typical size of a diabetes sufferer.

om, I agree with what pinetree said about a job.

RABBIT, hope you're feeling more energetic. Good news about your SIL.

hikr, insurance is such a necessary pain, isn't it?! Glad you had fun with the grands.

fw, that's great about the rescue place being so much friendlier this time.

SD, fabulous news about your weight!

Jen, how are you?

Grammarbug, you're getting lots done.
    pinetree, now that your house is clean, you are welcome to come here and work on mine.... Thanks for everything, friend.

Today we recycled 39 pounds of cans and got a whopping $14.82. Then we went to a professional pest control place and got some bug spray that was exorbitantly priced but will last us a couple of years. Then we returned some shirts DH had gotten in a too-small size, then to my best friend's for okra from their garden, then Aldi. Been waiting for rain all day but it looks like the dark clouds are leaving and the sun is trying to shine. Within a couple of days our temps will be in the high 90s again.

I am SO ready for October! We usually have horribly hot weather in September so when we think "fall," we think "sometime in October."

All I'm doing for the rest of the day is cooking supper and cleaning out the fridge since tomorrow is trash day.

Not sure about tomorrow's activities yet.

Have a good rest of Thursday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very exhausted again but had a nice time.
    Need to get a second wind to do dishes. DH tells me the laundry sink collapsed while I was gone. I was Pixxed because he knew the trap was bad and didnt fix it. STarted this whole song and dance about part not coming in and such. I just raised my eyebrows. I hope my blankets have spun other wise he has a second mess to clean up I guess. Being out of the house is giving me perspective.

Hugs to everyone. need to find dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we've had the element for the smoker a long time, but have used it very little. I suppose it could be defective. I'd like to get a new one but since it appears likely insurance isn't going to pay for my eye surgery, we're going to have to wait a while to see how the money shakes out. I think I might pull the electric element out of it and use it with charcoal and see what happens. If that doesn't work, we have two Cobb grills that work well as smokers for small batches, so we can use those.

Today's good news is we love the new slicer! I think we made the right choice. It slices so nicely and it's not real loud. It's not horrible to clean either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Apparently Dh had the sump freeze open today too and it was making a horrible sound so that is on my watch now buy later list. Good thing he resurrected the furnace dehumidifier and the floor model too.
    I didnt tell him but I had to reboot the computer all the way back to the plug before I got it to initialize. Darn 12 yr. old desktops just don't last anymore. lol

Tomorrow definitely entails housework and a vaccumn. Maybe a G.sale??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

SD Bummer about the smoker We have the little smoker box for our Cobb but we've never used it. If you do use it let me know how it works. We keep saying we need to smoke some type of meat but we never follow through. That really stinks about the insurance not paying for the eye surgery. That's as ridiculous as mine not covering my bladder surgery. Insurance can be a huge help but can also be a huge pain in the neck.

ILC glad you're back! I wondered if you were off with your son <3 Glad he's seen the doc and got some meds and good food in him. How's the kitty feeling today? Continued improvement after the steroid / antibiotics?

FW 12 year old desktop!! WOW! Mine make it about two years and they give up and go toes up. LOL! I hope you can find a good price on a sump.

Ayanka great news about the house!!!! YAHOO!!!

Jen how are you doing? I haven't seen you around in a few days..hope all is well.

Bernice how are you doing?

Pinetree thanks for the info on the baking powder. I will check that one out. Let me know if you find a baking soda that's low too. Several people told me that once I got used to lower sodium in things I'd actually prefer the taste over the sodium laden stuff. While I can't say that's entirely true I can say that I've come to like my low sodium stuff almost as well as the other stuff and I really like that it's got to be better for me (and my heart) over time. The no salt added turkey was a tough one to try as it was just so bland the first week but now it tastes good to me. Who'd have thought that??

Hi Rabbit, Niko, Grammarbug123 and Sweetz (and anyone I missed)

Today is up in the air. Friday we usually go out for lunch. The new grocery sales start on Friday so we'll swing by there and see what they have. We have friends that do a fundraiser for their school selling peaches so I need to go pick those up too. Hope you all have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw hugs
    Sd sorry about your smoker

Today spending it with paige
    Cooking supper

That is about it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bounded out of bed this morning having a nightmare that I couldn't find my way home. I had a stroke in March and I'm doing quite well, but that terrified me. Today is pretty easy. I plan to do a little needlepoint, vacuum the living room floor and sweep the kitchen floor. Later I am going to meet with the children's theatre education director. I teach at the theatre and I have been asked to direct the Christmas show. I retired 2 years ago from teaching and directing in high school and then began teaching and directing at the community theatre school. It is not a daily job, so it fits my schedule perfectly. Have a nice day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs Grammerbug..I hate dreams like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka - fabulous news, I bet your excited!

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone, I have to get going on all the stuff I need to do today!

Friday
    1- wash dogs
    2 - bake cookies
    3 - take Beastie to park (very needed!)
    4 -................ and all the other things that need to be taken care of
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammarbug, sorry about that bad dream. Glad you're doing well after the stroke.

hikr, a school fundraiser involving peaches? Yum!

om, have a good visit with Paige.

fw, good luck with that pump. What a bummer.

Our kitty is feeling better, even last night. I heated up some delectable canned food for him this morning and he enjoyed that. Then we got that pill down him so that's done for today.

DS called last night and said he's feeling a lot better and thanks for everything we sent back with him.

Today I'm staying home---first day in over a week. Normally I stay home more than go off, so it's a relief to be here.

For Friday:

1) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    2) Mop kitchen and breakfast room
    3) Reset den
    4) Wipe down kitchen cabinets
    5) Do some financial stuff with DH
    6) Plan menus for the next few days
    7) Record recent expenditures
    8) Clean bathrooms

Have a good Friday, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What's so frustrating about the insurance is I called them before the surgeries to make sure I would be covered. I was repeatedly assured it would all be covered 95% except for a $168 copay. There's flat out no excuse for this kind of mistake on their part. I'm at a loss to know what else I could have done to protect us from this exact situation. I should have gotten it in writing, I guess, but then they'd have some other damn excuse why they don't want to pay. I don't trust the insurance company anymore, or our health care network, or any of the doctors involved. And that sucks because up to this point, we had a good relationship with all of them. But I was told yesterday by the medical director's rep that our health care network denied the referral authorization on the advice of our insurance company. Nice to know who's really running the show at that place, I guess. It's no wonder I've felt for weeks like my head was going to explode every time I talk to anyone involved in this mess.

Ugh. I can't talk about this anymore.

Today I put the decking for the utility trailer back up on the picnic table so it can dry out and be painted, and then cut the 2x4 uprights for the side walls I'm building. I managed to notch all twelve of those without cutting off my thumb. That's so tedious because I have to make multiple passes with the radial saw, taking off a blade's width of material each time, until I have a 3.5" wide notch, times twelve. Since it's so tedious, it's boring, and my mind wanders, never good when working with power saws. But I didn't get hurt and I did get some details worked out on a story I want to work on next month. I really tried to focus on the 'nibbling' but it's impossible. Glad it's done though. The rest should go pretty quickly. I can't wait to get that trailer all done. It's going to be far nicer than it's ever been. When we bought it, we just slapped on some OSB for sides without much planning, and that never got painted so it proceeded to delaminate and rot over the years. It really was a huge wreck when we ripped it all off the trailer last fall. I'm building it right this time, with PT lumber and it'll be painted a nice 'tabby cat gray' which looks a lot like battleship gray. Should be nice with the freshly painted black frame.

I've thrown out the no power saws rule when I'm home alone. Too much to do. I'll just have to be extra, extra careful.

Found the little palm sanders so I should be able to make short work of sanding the glider rocker frame I salvaged. I like that one because it's wide, and the little geezer tables I like for crafting should fit between the arms. I picked up some free upholstery fabric sample books at a rummage sale a few months ago and I think I'm going to make patchwork covers from that for the chair. I hope I have the cushions for it. I used up a lot of that stuff when I did the couch last winter. Or was it the winter before? I can't keep track. Anyway, at this point I think the only expense I'll have for that chair is the wooden dowel I had Husby buy to replace a missing spindle in the back of the chair. Such a deal, and it'll be perfect either in my office or Husby's. I haven't decided that yet.

The thin sliced pork is still nice and not dried out today after being in the fridge, so I'm seeing all kinds of opportunities for making different sandwich meats and using the slicer to make them just right. So glad we bought that. It should make a big difference for us in eating less salty meats in wraps and sandwiches. Neither of us will ever be good enough with a knife to thin slice meats, so the slicer is a must if we want nice thin uniform slices, which we do.

I'm making dog food at the moment. For some reason they expect to be fed every day. They're such pests.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I said when our friends had come and gone I was going to start focusing on one project at a time or one room at a time. Guess I better start living up to that. My first projects, which almost have to be done jointly, are the gutters and the utility trailer. I'm sure hoping we can have both done before the weekend is over, except for painting the trailer. I can't make the paint dry faster between coats, otherwise I'd say we'd have it all done. And we probably aren't going out of town shopping this weekend either, so we'll have a little bit left to do on the gutters, too, when we get a chance to go get the parts. I hope no other priorities come up to interrupt us. Once those two things are done, then I need to focus on my office which is going to take weeks to unsnarl. For that project, I think I need to do all three rooms at once, and some tough decisions will have to be made. But I'm excited about doing that because I want to get back to work and I love my office, my new chair, my new TV shelf, and just being out there. It's going to be even better once it's picked up and organized.

Husby is thinking about taking Labor Day week off so we can work on UFOs. That would include hauling trash from the yard and garage (where does all this crap come from?) so we really need to get that trailer done. That would also include, I hope, completely rewiring all the phones in the house and cabin, and all the TVs, too, and finally putting the stupid TV cables I keep tripping on under the floor instead of strung all over the house. I've been nagging about those for at least fifteen years. I'd have done it myself but that would be difficult since it's harder for one person to pull cable. But I'd really like that stuff done, especially since I have no phone, TV, or internet in my cabin at the moment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I should be Up North right now but I'm not. DD is working straight thru until next Sat. I love the dogs but every once in awhile I wish they had batteries.
    Took DD to work and drove straight to Dmoms on impulse. I stole here back to here and she shopped at S.A. for a few hours. She goes "I could spent another hr. in here" Um no,I couldnt. She found 2 more pairs of pants and A shirt and a jacket for $11. I was good and just looked. I really don't need anything,I mean anything.
    We had lunch at a new diner place. She paid this time so that was nice. I got her a coke at McDonalds-she paid. I took her to the store where we saw DD at work. I took her to the bakery and she got fritters. Then she announced we were shopping for produce. I had to tell DD to call her BF for a ride home. Luckily she could get one. I know Dmom had fun and that was great. I feel much more confident taking her out now w/ that pace maker too. All I spent today was gas on our little excursion.

Hit the pet supplies plus and got 4 cases of cat food for the rescue. I love that we can do some charity again. I will take them Wed. when I get back.

As far as the list-well, I put the blankets in the dryer? That part for the washer didnt come in so DH hooked the washer outlet hose directly to the drain bypassing the sink drain. Not sure how I feel about that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, Good Afternoon, ALmost evening..

I am sitting here reading, with my Ben and Jerry"s Banana split ice cream, this is really nice and cozy, the most I have been relaxed for along time!

FW, I'm so happy for you, have a great time at your new job! Did you take your DM in yet?

ILC, Sounds like your boy is growing up, its true boys take longer than boys! Also alittle spoiling them now and then doesnt hurt either! You are welcome, so glad to have you back!! Happy to hear your furbaby is doing well too!

I think you read my post wrong, I think I said my house hasn't been this clean, not my house is all cleaned up!! DH has pile of stuff everywhere. I asked him to go thru 1 box today, he picked one thing out, got a box, put it in it and took it out to the trash. thats it for the day!! Guess I should feel good, at least one thing is out of the house, now the box is still sitting there full of things!!!

GM123, Hope your dreams are good from now on, its funny how you can have nightmares for awile and can't figure out where they come from. Glad to hear you are doing well after your stroke, take care of yourself!

RABBIT, did SIL get to go home yet? Fingers are crossed and still sending up prayers!

Jen ? I think we are going to have to send out a search party, Ayanka youre in charge lol Hellooo Jen!!??

Niko, Hi, take care

SD, Am so glad you like your slicer, I love having that meat sliced paper thin, then love to pile it on a sandwich, Bet you will use it alot! we use the kids alot and any leftover meat gets sliced, good way to use leftover too. oh,,, open turkey sandwich,, oh, am I dreaming! lol as I drool down the front of me lol
    I dont know what to tell you about your smoker, can you call and ask them, maybe they can help.
    I dont like all these things you are working on, I miss the lake, OMG!! I am Lake selfish too!!

Hikr00, funny how the salt tastes after you don't have it for awhile, some things now taste horrible to me, which is good, now I dont miss it so much. I'll let you know on the baking soda, I'm looking for chicken and beef broth, or cubes too.

Ayanka, get plenty of sleep! You're going to need your energy to move!!

OM, have a great time with your DD! Relax and have an easy day!

Hi to the ones I've missed,

I have all my green beans cut and ready for jars, DH is out cutting and getting the garlic ready, its dry and ready to be brought in, yea!
    Have a case of peachs, pears, pineapple, oh it smells so good in here! The peaches are from palisade, where they grow peaches here, guess they are like geogia peaches, but boy are they huge and have wonderful flavor, I hate buying them, maybe next year my trees will produce again.

No one has dill so am going to use dill weed, ours has already gone to seed and gone.

We have smoke thats moved in from out west, its getting pretty bad, you cant see very far.

I am feeling like I need to really watch my spelling with 2 teachers! now to keep me from not feeling bad, I can not type, and i do not have spell checker, so please read over the mistakes.. lol

The kids started vacation today,so that means a quiet house or a really noisy house, they will either be here all the time or gone, lol, either way is really nice. I feel so lucky to have them so close.

Better get budy, DH just brought the garlic in,

Have a beautiful day, expect something goos to happen today!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-?? I am just volunteering ya know? What is DM.
    ILC-glad the cats better. Mine is doing so well he is going down the bsmt stairs. And demanding Fancy Feast 4x a day! Glad it went well w/the kids

Geez gotta go-BBL.