2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 154
Page 154 of 271 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156157164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I am feeling like I need to really watch my spelling with 2 teachers! now to keep me from not feeling bad, I can not type, and i do not have spell checker, so please read over the mistakes.. lol
    And a magazine editor, don't forget! Don't worry though, I turn off the internal editor the best I can when I'm on boards like this. I'm just happy you talk to me! And I make plenty of mistakes myself, so I hope you won't judge ME!

We got errands done, so now we can stay home and work all weekend. Hope it doesn't rain but the forecast is for a storm. I'm not sure if we're going to work on the gutters tomorrow or not because it's supposed to be windy, so might not be good to be up on ladders. We'll see. But we can work on the trailer, for sure. Now that I've started the sides, I really want to get that done and over with.

Stopped at GW and got the fourth and last bulletin board I needed for story boards in my office, $2. I also got a pair of handmade beaded shawl dancer earrings for $2. Pretty cool, and they matched the shirt I had on. Now I don't have to make a pair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I'm sorry, I was trying to hurry and didnt want to try and spell volunteering, so typed job,
    lol, Dear Mom = DM?

Now are the kitties, any favorites? are they all cute?

Have a great weekend !!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, SD we did it again!!!

Yep, for got about editor too, aww man, I gotta be more careful! lol

Be careful with the storms, we have another one coming Monday, but I think yours are coming from the dakotas.

wtg on your bargins, again!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 08-21-2015 at 08:32 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0271.jpg

I was sending my sponsored child some pictures today and ran across this picture I took in the beginning of the summer of Killdeer hatchlings on my driveway. I normally miss them 50% of the time when they hatch so this time I took a picture. Momma was not too happy about it though!

I had a whole post typed out and then lost it. Now I have to get in the shower so will try to catch up again sometime this weekend. 4/4 today! I think my lazy slump is over.

Saturday
    1 - wash cars
    2 - wipe down cabinets inside and out
    3 - strip bed and do wash
    4 - run errands in town

Tried calling SIL today but she wasn't feeling good so I told her I would call back tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of her.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit wtg on the sponsor child.

Pinetree-I like so many of them. Pittsburgh is a black cat who is med. sized and shiny black-very sweet
    Lovey-is 11yrs. old and like attention. She is a long haired tortie and is shaved in the body and 1/2 the tail for mats. She is so crotchety. She growls for everyone else to go away-she was the star of my attention.
    I especially love the bright calico. She just had 6 kittens and they are being placed. She is super sweet and affectionate. She is apt. sized cat and it is a mystery where 6 kittens fit. She will be my hardest temptation at the moment.
    There is a ton more too. We must have 25 kittens?

Had the funniest waiter. He was young and super goofy w/ enthusiasm. I whispered to DH that if Mackey were at waiter (not in a mean way). The kitchen was behind. I asked for well done broccoli and he pulverized it. He was trying so hard.
    It wasnt our night.We tried a place called the River Rock. It was weird and Super pricey so we left. The day I pay $12. for a burger?? Well I couldnt tell ya when that will be. One thing I love about Dh is he is flexible w/ me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back from the summer holidays. We had a fantastic time in Iceland and the Faroes. There are too many details to describe in a single post, but you could look at my blog? Travel Electric

The house finally sold this week. We didn't want to wait anymore in a declining market (sinking oil prices are causing a lot of layoffs locally), so we accepted an offer that was 15 % under our original asking price. Still, it was $15 000 higher than the offer we declined in June, so I think we made the right decisions. Also, these buyers want to move in as soon as possible, so we will be getting everything settled in just a few weeks. We'll put the equity of the old house towards the mortgage of the new one, and end with a mortgage of about $205 000, compared to 335k before the move. If you include what we'll be saving on ultilities, property taxes and insurance, and my increased pay, we have improved our monthly cash flow by $1700 by making this move. If we apply all of that to the loans, we could be totally debt free in six years.

The new house has a water meter, in the old one we just paid based on the size of the house and the average water consumption in the city. It turns out we are not average. In eight months, we have used the same amount of water the previous owners used in one. The same goes for electricity, even though we have an electric car. So I'm looking forward to even lower utility bills.
    Total paid/saved: $100 700
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $172 200

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on the house gala

This thread moves so fast I usually take notes
    Well I start helping out an elderly lady on Monday through Friday...
    I am taking it one day at a time
    I am explaining my own health issues
    This is a test to see how I do out of my environment
    Pay is not much

Today
    Laundry
    Clean kitchen
    Tub
    Plus the floors

Fried chicken for supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, take it slow and easy with the new job. Good luck!

Can I come to your house for supper?

gaja, I found myself immersed in your travel writings. Now I want to visit Iceland.

Your girls are adorable.

fw, it's easy to get attached to those kitties, isn't it! My BIL has a kitten he wants me to take. DH says no, I tell him he's not in charge. I'm SO tempted. The kitten was born to feral parents, all the rest of the babies are feral, but this one loves people! BIL has also promised a month's worth of cat food....that kitten is so precious, I want him, but we already have 5 (3 of which are elderly) and 2 big dogs.

RABBIT, my best friend lives on farmland and she introduced me to killdeer. Till then I was ignorant of birds like that.

pinetree, did you REALLY have some Ben and Jerry's? oooooh yummmmmmmm.........

I had wondered if you were getting haze or smoke from the wildfires. That is so frightening. Plus brave men have died.

I sort of wallowed in slothfulness yesterday. I did get laundry done. And I thought about menus. DH and I also did some stock market stuff.

For Saturday:

1) Pretty much everything from yesterday except for laundry, menus, and finances

Have a good Saturday, everybody.

1)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I'm good so far. But my favorites change hourly there too. What pains me is how they are so indistinguishable in the cages but they pop alive when you brush them. W/ a feral type cat you have only a short time to "tame" them to household. Does he use the box well or is he "picking his own spot". Good luck on what you decide. Why is Dbro bailing?

Gaja-congrats on the sale. I really loved that house. Can't wait to look later at your blog.

hugs to all,gotta get-again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, Are those eggs too? how cool! That is really cool! I wonder if they would last long around here with the cats?
    Hoping SIL gets to go home soon!

ILC, ha ha , take the kitten!! Most of mine are feral, you would never know, they are such lovers, we are down to 7 now, maybe 6, one keeps going home with the son, he keeps spending more time there than here.

Yes, I have been eating ice cream and frozen custard, I prefer the custard, and I dont eat alot. Funny thing is when I eat it my blood sugar is alot lower in the morning. I need to go to that new Dr, and find out about my meds, my sugar has been really low lately and I get up all shakey.

Gaja, Congratulations on the house, I really thought that would sell really fast. Can't wait to check out your blog!

OM, Congratulations on your job!, take it easy, ya know even a couple bucks will help you out. just dont over work your self. Plus it will get you out for aliitle bit.
    Left over baked ziti for dinner/ slice of angel food cake

Jen, getting worried.

Ayanka, thinking about you working so hard!!

FW, Sounds interesting, could never do it, I would have 25 kittens here.. Nope cant do it, I collect enough as it is!
    I love hearing about your adventures going out to eat, you find some interesting places!!

SD, hoping you get your trailer all finished up, hear tornados suppose to be in Minn. today, hopefully not around you.

Bernice, saying prayers for you.

Hi to anyone I forgot.

Todays list
    dilly beans
    fruit cocktail
    clean up the big mess from above.

this will take all day, so I guess I should get busy, peeling, cutting, etc,, wish me luck!!

Have a beautiful day! Expect something good to happen!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, back again. And I really had a rotten 3 days. Not so much because I had to work, it was too warm for me to go outside anyways. But because a couple of my colleagues are so demotivated and one is so lazy its incredibly frustrating. I switched days off from this month to next to make things easier with the house though, so not complaining about working. Ah well, luckily Monday my other boss should be back from leave. No clue what I am going to do tomorrow yet. I should clean the cupboards, but also take a break before I get too angry at work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

barn sales and such a bust but it was nice just driving the shady back roads. Took DH to Cooks Dairy Farm for their 1 1/2 scoop single. I had 1/2 a coke. Then we went across the street to Ashton Orchards and bought DH and apple pie. They were still baking so he went nuts. I got molasses cookies and he said they moved to the head as the best molasses cookies he's ever eaten. (no I'm not insulted,I agree). We played w/ a beagle a woman had that I had seen online. It came from Oakland county at the same time I got Mikey from Best Buddies Rescue. She was saying the older one there went to another man who grew up w/ bealges. Too small a world.

Called Dmom and talked about her church friends funeral they had at Greenfield Village Chapel. I told her I had considered marrying there but the date wasnt open 30 yrs. ago. I had told DH I wanted to ride away in a hot air balloon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Twelve dollars for a burger sounds about average in a restaurant that's not fast food. We ate at a local joint last weekend and paid about the same and thought it was about average in price, plus portions were huge and the food was superb. I wouldn't classify $12 as super expensive for gourmet burgers.

Ta-dones:

We moved the new vanity cabinet into the living room. I'm not happy about that but it's been so wet here the moisture is coming up through the garage floor and if we left it there, it'd be ruined. I'll be able to work on it easier now, and maybe be more motivated since it'll be in my face every day. I never really got a chance to look it over after we bought it and I'm impressed again how nice it is. Such a deal. Naturally Chester had to inspect the inside of it before we were allowed to put the drawers back in. Now he's sitting in a drawer, so apparently it passed inspection.

Husby did most of the wiring on the trailer and then talked me into doing the final connections. He said I'm better at it which is true, but he needs to learn, too. I made him sand some on my salvaged chair frame in exchange. We can't test the wiring yet because both lights need new bulbs and we don't have any, so that might have to wait till Monday. But we're making progress. We also put the tongue jack back on. It's starting to look like something again. And it's not sitting right in front of the cabin steps in the way anymore either.

I painted the top side of the trailer decking, so that has the first coat done. It's not looking good for getting that back on the frame tomorrow. I was going to paint the second coat in the garage this afternoon but the forecast is for "strong storms" per the NWS so we wanted to put the cars in. It's moving in and getting darker by the minute here. The plan was to paint it early tomorrow morning in the garage and let it dry enough to handle and then put it on the frame, but the high tomorrow is only supposed to be 58, not good paint drying weather. This is how it's been all summer, the weather has put us so far behind schedule on so many things. But we can see the light at the end of the tunnel on the trailer project now, finally. I'm hoping it's done by next weekend.

I painted one side of the parts for the trailer sides, after concluding it made the most sense to build it right on the trailer and leave it on permanently instead of making it so we can remove the sides. I'm going to paint all the boards, and then build the sides and just paint the cuts later on. It'll save me a ton of time and money over masking off the whole frame with blue tape. I still have to do the other sides of the parts but once we get the decking back on, I can build the sides while Husby is at work, so I'm optimistic about getting this wrapped up next week if the weather cooperates for a change.

The folding chair Husby was using all day was falling apart due to rotted webbing. I'm surprised it even held him up. I happened to notice a basket with new webbing in it sitting there by the trailer, and when I looked I discovered it was already cut to fit that chair and had the right number of straps. I have no idea when that happened or why, but since it practically invited me to re-web that chair, I did. I ripped out the old rivets to use for washers since I didn't have enough of them and they weren't aluminum anyway, and reused the screws that were in the chair. It only took about a half hour of easy work, so I'm glad I did it. We use those web chairs a lot when we're working in the garage and that one was definitely unsafe. The straps for the seat were completely broken on one side. Now it's all new again. Love that!

I took the back off the salvaged glider rocker, cut the new spindle to fit, installed that, reassembled the back, and reattached it to the chair. It looks so much nicer now that it's whole again. I've been slowly sanding bits and pieces of that chair frame now and then and it's getting to the point it's not far from being ready to paint. Now I have to decide where it's going to be, so I know what color to use. I brought home the upholstery sample books from Mom's yesterday, so I can start piecing together the fabric for the cushions, too. I really want that done by winter.

Sunday's list will be short. I'll paint the trailer decking if the weather allows, and we'll put that on the trailer later if it dries enough. Either way, with the forecast for rain all day, we're going to work in the cabin and try to sort out all the paint and other household hazardous waste, so that's ready to go to the dump. I've concluded we need to get rid of all the oil paint because we never use it and hate working with it and I'm highly allergic to a lot of that stuff, too. So there's no point in keeping it. That should clear out some space. We have a large wall cabinet out there that needs to be sorted and purged and organized, too. I hope we get all the paint and related items dealt with tomorrow. That would help a lot out there to get that space in order. I hope we get it all done.

We also need to move two base cabinets out of there and into the back porch, temporarily. Don't know if we'll get that far or not, but it would be nice if we did.

At last, it feels like we're making some progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent most of the day getting my engine light checked out on my car. Thank goodness it didn't cost me anything. Then stopped at the Dairy Queen to eat. Was suppose to attend a theatre awards and reception tonight, but my head is hurting and I'm not going to do anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-hahaha!gourmet and burger do NOT go together IMHO. We can get burger,fries and a drink for $10. Heck we eat well at Outback (w/o inevitable coupon) for $35 or less. Dmom and I spent $23. at lunch for a patty melt w/ extra tomato,bowl of soup and her chicken dinner w/ 2 drinks. Its like a coney w/ chicken place. I dont value kitch.

Sat outside and played cards,I ate fresh corn and DH played w/ the dogs. We were discussing making a fire in the pit. We both laughed because we just need to pitch our tent and we are camping. Nice night out now that the weather broke. I even sit in a camp chair.

Dh did the front mow and I vaccumned a bit. Going at it again tomorrow when its lighter. 3 days and man what a fur town.
    Sink this week I hope. Come on parts.