2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 155
Page 155 of 271 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156157158165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another ta-done. Or maybe it's two. I went through two large sample books of upholstery fabric I got free at a rummage sale earlier this year and cut all the heavy paper borders off the back of all the 'pages' in one. Those are ready now to be pieced into the cushion covers for the salvaged glider rocker. I went through the second one and decided I didn't like anything in it, so I just trashed that. I'll be glad to use up the one and throw away the other so I don't have to store either of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No painting today. We'll be lucky to hit sixty degrees and it's supposed to rain all day. So purging in the cabin it is. I'm happy to be forced into it because it needs to be done badly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning

GM123, glad you got your car fixed so fast!

SD, heres crossing my fingers you get alot done today!

FW, did you have fun camping??lol

RABBIT, have a good day.

OM. have a relaxing day too!!

ILC, have a great time in church and breakfast with everyone. Thinking about you.

Ayanka, Get lots of rest! You have that big move coming up, You dont need work on your mind!! lol

Hi to everyone I missed!

Todays list
    cut up and can rest of fruit
    eat lunch with the kids
    label and put away canning from yesterday.

I only got 12 pints of beans, and 7 quarts of cocktail, have a mess more to do today, its taking forever to get the fruit cut up..

Thats it for today, that will keep me busy.

Hope you all have a a wonderful Sunday, expect something good!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, get some rest!

fw, your camping sounds fun! And frugal.

SD, it's raining here too, and as cool as it gets in August, so it's definitely an inside day.

pinetree, I hate cutting up fruits and veggies and pretty much anything. Seems to take sooooooo long. Of course, it's worth it!

Grammarbug, glad you got the car fixed.

Hi to everybody else!

For today I decided to just read the paper and then cook. It started storming around 10:20 and it's gray and dark and rumbling and wet. DH is taking his nap so I have a few hours to just chill.

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Catch-up with some online stuff DONE
    3) Read paper and cut out coupons
    4) Cook: meatloaf, some baking (not sure what), fix a big salad

I think that's it. Have a good Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mostly it's just overcast and cold here.

I mowed through 32 feet of bookshelves today and purged over half. I found a computer box I was hoping had an old computer in it since it would have taken a split second to deal with, but no, it was filled to the brim with paperbacks. Ugh. I got rid of at least 2/3 of that. Good thing I didn't go looking for books in there that I've been thinking of looking for because I need to read them for research, including the NYT bestseller an editor sent me once because she wanted me to write something similar and thought I could. It was all buried in that box. I put all I kept on the shelves and still have less than half of those shelves filled. The only books I have left to sort and purge out there now is a stereo cabinet I made into a bookcase years ago. It's not huge but it's full of books about and by American Indians, so it's going to be tough letting go of those. But I want to get rid of the bookcase to make room for my little fridge, so need to empty that. I'd like to put it in the sewing room for my beads to give me more space, but then I don't know where I'd go with the TV that sits on top of the one I have now. Always my dilemma, making changes that solve one problem while causing another. But maybe I'll think of somewhere the TV could go. Husby can help me figure that out.

Found some more partial and full mss., too. Man, I used to write a lot.

The two shelves I emptied of books today will be used for paint, I think. Those are brick and board shelves made with 2x12s, so they can handle a lot of weight. Right now there's a big stack of paint cans with paint for our decks that was supposed to be applied last year, but of course didn't get done and won't get done again this year. That's the tip of the iceberg and we will need a lot of space for the paint we're keeping. That stack is sitting in front of the hall closet door out there, another storage area in serious need of purging so I have to be able to get at it. I know there's a crapload of junk in there, too.

I cleared the space in front of one of the new cabinets, so we can get at those to put things away in, too. That's designated for camping stuff but it probably won't hold everything. Have to let go of a lot of that stuff, too. Our needs and wants have changed so much since we started camping again fifteen years ago.

I found a whole box of household cleaners I have no idea where it came from, so that's in the house to be used up now.

The pile is growing outside the cabin, of household hazardous waste to drop at the main landfill next time we go out of town. Tons of stuff, and we haven't even started on that main cabinet yet. I can't wait to get that one done. It has twenty feet of shelving and six good-sized drawers and most of what's in it we haven't looked at in years, so a lot of that can be gone.

We've already half-filled a big silver trash can of regular garbage, too, plus two large boxes of papers and books to recycle, and several boxes of books for GW, too. I'm glad it's going this well. Dang, it's hard to stick with it all day long. Everywhere I look just drives me crazy and makes me want to run screaming into the woods. How did this mess happen? I guess that's what happens when a space isn't really being used and no one is really paying attention as excess stuff gets shoved into it.

Gotta get the trailer done this week. We're going to need it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes laugh at me about my backyard camping,go ahead.
    But I didnt experience a tornado like one year,or the time a bird hopped in the tent and wouldnt leave,or the time I dropped the tip of the air pump nozzle down a chipmunk hole,or the time Ds got sick from swimming where the jet skis dumped gas and was taken by ambulance,and and WHY do I like camping again????

Went to Big Lots to get KING Maxx the geriatric cat his fancy feast,got Arbys to carry out,went to 3 G.sales. DD got nails polish (a handful for $2. and 2 purses for $5.),I bought a flap hat for her Gf's kid and a backpack pleather brown purse $2.50. I now have 2 purses.

Dh is doing the back yard. No sink parts still but his rigged drain is working.
    I should finish the vaccuming.
    We were cold here night before last but its nice again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, rotf, sounds like you really love camping!!

You can come here and camp with me!! I can have DH go plug the camper in, turn on the air, to cool it off. turn on the porch light for you. lol, I learned years ago when the rabbit was in the tent with us, I now have a 34' 5th wheel, front bedroom, 1 slide out for the dining roon. No way can I sleep in a tent again! Yep kinda spoiled going camping! The only thing I dont have is a dishwasher. I have a big dually Ford pickup, you can pull it anywhere you want.

SD, Hows the cabin going?

I am done for the day 21 quarts fruit cocktail, I still have pears and peaches. 1 case of pineapple left, so will can a load or 2 of just pineapple. We will eat it this winter.
    I a m just pooped out, some of this is getting really heavy. I did get alot more done than I thought I would. I need enough energy to eat my frozen custard later tonight!

Tomorrow
    sleep in
    help DH make hamburger buns
    load or two of laundry if its nice, I am suppose to stay in now with all the smoke.

Have a great night!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm with you about tent camping, Pinetree! We tried it a couple times after the kids moved out, but having four dogs tracking sand into our sleeping bags, sleeping on the ground, not having a toilet for nighttime use at least, and not being able to get everything packed back into the van without what seemed like hours of rearranging, and let's not forget the torture of packing up to leave home in the first place cured us of ever wanting to do it again. We bought our first pop up after a couple tent trips. Now we love our little Aliner that sets up in thirty seconds and has the most important amenities. It's made traveling so much easier and infinity more comfortable. Never going back if we can help it! BTW, I do have a dishwasher, and his name is Husby! LOL! I cook, he cleans up.

The middle room in the cabin is looking pretty good. All we have left is two drawers to sort, and they're mostly sorted already. One is all phone stuff that will stay in that drawer, and the other is all electrical stuff to go to the garage. We just got burned out before we finished those. The shelves of that cabinet are all purged and organized and we got two big boxes of hazardous waste to drop off when we go out of town. The trash can is now 2/3 full. The paint is all on shelves and organized so I can see now EXACTLY what we have and be able to find it instantly. All the spray paint and bug spray that has been in my way in the cabinets over the washer and dryer in the house has been relocated to the cabin. There's a lot of space left in the shelves out there but I'm sure we'll find more things to put on them. I have a second duffel bag full of painting stuff like brushes, stir sticks, etc. so we can easily locate any of that stuff we need, and we have a place designated for the two duffels to live in. The hallway is completely clear now, and the excess is out of the hall closet. I did some organizing in there but I think I need to redo that because I'd like to put my grandma's rugs in there, which are in totes in the entry now which I decided I don't like. I'll have to see if I can make them all fit in the closet and still have space for storing my office stuff. I've also organized all the magazines I've published stuff in, and office supplies, but a lot of that could go in my desk once I get that cleaned out. It's going to take a while to figure out exactly where things fit best. But we're both really happy with the progress we made today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om - congrats on the job, hope it's a good fit for you.

fw - Please don't tell me where your volunteering at. I am already in love with Lovey. My favorite cat ever was a 10 year old foster failure who was crotchety and did not even like for me the first 6 months I had him. It didn't matter, I was in LOVE with him!

ilc - good luck with resisting the kitten

Gaja - congrats on the house!

SD - sounds like you purged a lot today. You got to be feeling lighter!

pinetree - I was trying to read fast to catch up and read "RABBIT was in the tent with us". I thought WHAT??? Ha,ha!

SIL is doing so much better and is expected to come home on Thursday, she can't wait. I think you asked pinetree if those were eggs in the picture? Yes they are. If you look closely there is another baby under the weed. The birds lay their eggs on the driveway out in plain view and we have 5 indoor/outdoor cats next door and they never seem to bother them. The parents protect the eggs though and if you get too close they will run off dragging their wing, so they distract any predators. The babies are born with feathers (the ones in the picture were just born) and are moved within a few hours of being hatched. The parents walk the babies to the field behind our house through the back yard and I'm always terrified the dogs are going to get them. So far they never have.

Monday
    1 - grocery shop
    2 - clean bathroom
    3 - trim tree in front
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RABBIT-I would never do that
    Hey PINETREE! dont tell Rabbit I volunteer at the Michigananimalrescueleague.org
    online w/ LOVEY the torti who is 11 yrs. old and really needs a home. She is sweet and vocal and is sweet and sassy. OK?? Dont tell her that she gets shaved for knots and that she needs someone to brush her. That she looks solefully into your eyes.

Well we lucked out. A funnel cloud was spotted 10 miles up from us headed East 7 miles from us but luckily dissipated. DD's BF is working at the Renaissance up there. He is in the Kings Court. Its in a field. I dont know where they would have gone. I had peanut butter in hand ready to coax Mackey to the bsmt. He is afraid of stairs down. (they dont have a back?). Very happy as I knew no way to catch all the kitties. Dh went to get DD in the pouring rain. I offered,I swear.

I only tent camp. See how tough I am. lol I talked about getting a camper but the Windstar didn't have the ability to haul a pop up and we just never did w/ the other van and now not w/ the axle issues. Plus no way to store it. We would have to pave the other side and change the fence to a gate because I am too cheap to store it. too involved. W/ leaves the dogs w/ DD and used to kennel the others before that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

killdeer should be extinct by all rights! They used to lay their eggs on the kids soccer field at the elementary school. We put cones up? seriously,little birds,seriously,.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HEy RABBIT !! Don't tell anyone But FW is working for the michigan animal resue league and if you really want one of their animals, she will bring them down to you, just offer her an ice cream cone, or a gourmet hamburger,, hehehahahaha......

You guys are so much fun!!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 08-23-2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling, what else?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey Pinetree-someone is feeling too good for their own good. What happened to that other lady?
    I f we do go camping I will definitely NOT tell any secrets!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I feel the same way, I will NEver go back to a tent trailer again, Heres a story for you, its the most embarrassing moment story.

We borrowed a friends tent trailer to go on vacation up Morth, your stomping ground, we pulled it with my car, so it was pretty little. Anyway it froze up a wheel bearing in wheatland Wy. which if you have been there, theres no one to help you,, that was the first day.. we finally made it up to custer, and camped in Jellystone park,,, This place was empty when we came in but a matter of an hour was full.. Well, we went to bed everyone was pooped, in the morning I thought something was wrong, my foot was hot and like stuck in the covers, DH came to help me, and just busted out laughing, I had my leg totally out of the tent, all the way up to my hip! Everyone that lsft the campground, drove right by me and saw my leg and foot haning out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, Pinetree! That right there is called a SPUT, Stupid Pop Up Trick. We all have them!

I loved our first little pop up, a 1994 Palomino Filly. It only had a ten-foot box and the only option it had was a furnace. But I loved how little and cozy it was and how easy it set up. I wouldn't want to go back to it after having the Aliner, but I still loved it. Now, we wouldn't be without our AC, furnace, big (relatively) fridge, residential height counters, cassette potty, microwave, all the mods we've done, outside cargo doors, LED lights, and every other thing we use and enjoy, but I still think fondly of our trips in our little Filly. We both cried the day she left behind someone else's truck!

I'll never forget our first relatively long trip with Filly, out to Roosevelt NP in North Dakota. It was eight whole days! Five hundred long miles! The end of the Earth! Hahahaha! We planned for months and were still afraid we'd get too homesick and it would be too hard to set the camper up almost every day, and that it would be too far to drive less than a couple hundred miles a day. Hard to believe we drive 500 miles in a day now and don't think that much of it. We learned so much on that trip and loved every minute of it. The set up was not a problem.

We can put in longer days now with the Aliner due to how fast it sets up, but we took plenty of multi-stop trips with both our pop ups and never minded the set up enough to keep us home. A tent set up would be a pain though. With our trailers, once the trailer is set up everything else is in place. I never minded setting up the tents, it was hauling all the crap from the car to the tent and then having to pack it up again to leave that bugged me. No way to avoid it. But if that was the only way I could travel, I suppose I'd learn a bunch of tricks to make it quicker and easier, like I've done with all of our trailers. I'm sure there's a way to minimize the pain of set up for most any camping style. It doesn't matter how you go, as long as you get out and go. I think travel, even if it's only fifty miles from home, gives a person a whole new perspective on the world that you can't get from seeing it on TV or reading it in a book. It makes you realize how big and special and amazing our country really is.