2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 157
Page 157 of 271 FirstFirst ... 57107147154155156157158159160167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I accomplished a lot, don't laugh, this really is a lot for me, pathetic.

Went to cardiologist. Fought with insurance over new med cardiologist wanted me to try "even though it probably won't work", it would be "covered" with a $900 a month copay! In what world is 900 bucks a month a "co-pay"? I have a few meds like that that the drug companies have programs for and I sped $20 a month instead. But I really didn't want to go through all that for a med he doesn't even think will work. Then his nurse calls to tell me, forget it, it interacts with another med. So he's putting me back on steroids to raise my BP. Except we tried that with his partner for 6 months at the highest dose and all it did was make me miserable. I cannot tolerate steroids, have had them off and on since a kid with asthma. By the second day, insomnia starts and I really go up to 4 days with no sleep, I cannot shut up, they give you energy so I walk more when I am supposed to be in bed with my feet up, so I fall more. I hate them so much, the insomnia is indescribably bad and last time my pressure stayed in the toilet. I tell nurse this, she says, "well, this is what he wants." The first time I go many nights without sleep and if my BP stays low, I am telling them "no more". Since all of this started a year ago, I have done every single thing I was asked to do. Steroids, if not working, are my line in the sand. I'm also supposed to buy a recumbent bike, because that is the safest exercise I could try, he warned me they are expensive if any good. I looked them up, he was not kidding. I'm waiting to find a decent used one. This doctor sure likes to spend my money! (and not accomplish a damn thing, I am worse than last time, lol.) I swear my life is Candid Camera, it's too strange to be real.

took Ddad for breakfast, after which he realized his Nook was gone, ugh. I was at my limit of being upright. Drive back to the city to the cardio, not there, back to restaurant for some reason even though we knew it wasn't there. I told him he can have mine, I'm not using it much and he takes me and my mom to so many appts, he reads a ton. I felt bad for him. We get home, I walk around the car, it's in the back, plain as day, lol.

I accomplished my most important chore that I put off for almost 2 months, attempt to switch to a NYS Health Plan, because Cobra pays very little when I have to go outside my old hospital system. Everything neuro is at the major hospital, so lots of dough. When I went on Cobra, I was pretty sick and asked head of HR if I could start with Cobra then switch to a NYS plan when I can really research it? Yes, within 60 days. I'm getting close to that so I call the NYS number, HR guy was dead wrong, I cannot get on a new plan until Jan 1. I panicked at first because it has been mentioned that I may need surgery to get this thing removed and the guru works at the medical center. I'm not taking chances with my brain, so I will go there no matter the cost. But then I realized it's already Sept, no one seems to be in any great rush to fix me so maybe it could be after Jan 1. Tabling this worry for now.

So by now it's afternoon, it has not been a banner day but I could not take the clutter on my bedroom floor for one more second. Didn't do a great job, but at least I can say on here that I did something. Went to doc, called insurance, took Ddad to breakfast, went on Nook hunt, followed up on coming off Cobra and tidied a little. Oh, and I wrote a long email about my mom coming onto hospice to the doc I worked with, that took an hour. Usually, I can do two things on this list and then start falling or getting confused or flat out falling asleep. So this is great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ibotta is an app on your phone. Every week it lists certain categories and stores under that category, like grocery. I go to the grocery store where I am going to shop to see what it lists. If I buy a product from that list, then when I get home, I scan the UPC and the receipt and it rewards me in money back. I can have the money once I reach at least $10 and put in paypal or some other kind of account like that or get gift cards. I am working on a gift card to Walmart. If you get your Facebook buddies to join, then you also benefit on bonuses from their items, as well. I also use Checkout 51 app. You only have to scan the receipt for items on their list. Once you get $20, they will send you a check. If you do Ibotta, friend me on Facebook. I am listed as Nancy Hendrex Chumbley and then you can be a part of my team. Walmart also has the savings catcher.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thank you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up, fed the animals, read a chapter in my free book, and did the crossword. DH got up and watered for me while I made his breakfast. Dishwasher loaded and going. Going to work in church clothing room this morning and maybe food pantry this afternoon. Have to check the new schedule. Then coming home and making pumpkin pie and pumpkin pancakes for DH's breakfast tomorrow from pumpkin in freezer. Ground turkey tacos and guacamole for dinner. All of you have a blessed day. IHOP has $1 short stacks today and Taco Bueno has 49 cent breakfast burritos all week. Don't know if you have these in your area, but thought I would let you know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone, thought I'd jump in
    I'm not feeling very motivated so I thought writing them down would get me going:

Laundry - 4 loads to get done
    Clean out and start fire
    Feed animals
    Feed family (chicken soup for lunch & chicken and mushroom pie for dinner, thought I'd do spelt ruff puff for this!)
    Back to school on Monday so I've to finish going through and mending uniforms so that I can see what needs to be bought
    Do books with girls (20min each)

You all sound very busy, have a lovely day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone been so busy..
    Today Laundry
    Cook supper
    Unload dishwasher
    Put laundry away

Sorry I have not been able to keep up

Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Rona.

Really spent my wad yesterday so I woke up late today. DD got a ride in from Dh and GF is picking her up to study to advance in company.
    Checked on ins. for DD because she finally renewed her permit. She can pay $47.77 to be on thru Nov. and its $101. for 6 months. Also when she renews w/ me in Nov. she will be 25 and it will go down more. But we wont know until that time exactly how much. I am not paying to see if she uses it and may reimburse her. I paid for a year and half when she was younger and she didn't use it. I guess I will do this today.

I need to run at least 1 load of laundry and put away 2. I need to Empty the 3rd load of dishes I did yesterday.
    Vaccumn the living rm.
    Shop at Kroger and pick up 2 prescriptions.
    brush 2 cats
    make a few vet appts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!!

Rona, Welcome, glad you joined us!

Fw, are you still mad at me?

SD, Geez, will you slow down, man you have me dizzy with all the projects!! Hows my lake doing? Hey, what about the rock guys taking the slate from the pool table?

ILC, hope you are enjoying your DS today!! Hope hes feeling 100% better too!

OM, sounds like you are feeling alittle better, glad to hear DH is feeling better!! hugs

RABBIT, SIL get home yet? Bet you are all excited! Hi cadbury!

JEN??

GM123, wow, sounds like you brought home a haul of free stuff, WTG!! Love pumpkin, eat a bite or two for me!!

Niko, Good to hear your voice, Is DH doing better? Why cant he have a pump? I'm so new at this, none of it makes sense. You take it easy. relax and breathe when you get a chance. Hugs..

Bernice, Hugs, I hope things start working out for you.

Hikr00, You playing with those babies again?!! lol

Hi to all I missed.

I was too tired to post yesterday. I made pear sauce. I'm going to use it instead of applesauce. I had SO many extra pears so used them all up.

The kids went to Estes Park Sunday and brought me down fudge, yep I ate alittle piece, oh man was it full of sugar!! lol They went to their guided lake tour with their friend yesterday, and brought me home a huge walleye. I can't wait for dinner. They went back this morning to get more!

I wake up every morning around 1am, back to sleep around 5am, so have been calling and waking them up at 4am so they can be at the lake at sunrise. I was so tired this morning, I over slept big time!

I'm going to take it easy today, kinda over did it the last couple days, but it feels good.!

Today
    fold laundry
    run empty dishwasher
    check grocery sales

dinner, walleye, corn on cob, salad

Have a wonderful day, Expect something good!
    Last edited by pinetree; 08-25-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: what else, spelling
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had no plans to work in the sewing room today but when I sat down on the couch to put my shoes on this morning, there was that stack of upholstery samples looking me in the face and not willing to be ignored. So I got out the quilting books and looked through those, but decided I liked my original idea best, which is just to cut the rectangles of sample fabric in half lengthwise, and sew those into strips and then sew the strips together to make the fabric for the chair cushions, fast and simple. I figured I could just cut them in half and set them in the sewing room for later, but oh, no, they nagged and whined and insisted I at least get started on them. I sat down to do that and hurt myself trying to shove my legs under my sewing table, since I shortened the legs on that a while back but never cut down the wood panel at the top of the knee hole, so it was too low. I really didn't want to, but that panel whined and cried and fussed until I gave in and modified it, which luckily went pretty well and it looks factory and works perfectly. Glad that's done because it wasn't much fun to do and I was dreading it, at least until I forgot I still needed to do it till I was so painfully reminded this AM. For good measure, when I was done I added a cup hook to the front of the cabinet to hang my scissor pocket on, since I don't have a drawer knob anymore for that. Now my back-up sewing scissor has a permanent home again so I hope it doesn't go on walk-about somewhere I can't find it. It's nice to have enough space for my overly chubby legs now, and be able to use my 'new' sewing cabinet without having to keep my arms at shoulder height or sit back so far I'm leaning forward on the edge of my chair because my legs don't fit underneath. It's much more comfortable sewing now. I love my new cabinet and the mods I've done to it! It's working out better than I ever thought it would, and much better than the one I used and loved for years before I got this one. I still love that one for my serger. I also glued and clamped a cracked part I found in the panel I cut down, so that's repaired too.

After I got the cut-down panel back on the front of the cabinet so the leg wouldn't crack off due to not having any support anymore, I commenced the sewing of the fabric samples and four hours later, I have two pieces all ready to make the cushion covers for the back. The patterns on the fabrics aren't my first choices but I like the overall effect, so I'm happy with it so far. I'm glad I'm this far along because now it's easy to see I need to do something light colored and neutral when I paint the frame. I can't wait to see this all done! It's an easy and fun project so far. I expect the other two panels will take a similar amount of time, and then I can start actually making the cushions.

Sometimes I really wish I could thank the people who throw this stuff out in the trash for me to drag home and play with. This chair should be great in my office when it's done.

And to think I woke up this AM determined to clear out that book cabinet in the cabin and get the old kitchen cabinets ready to strip. Oh, well.

I still haven't done the dishes. Why would I want to do that when I can play with all my new sewing toys and fondle a bunch of fabric, and fool around with tools to boot?

Oh, cute! There's a little female hummingbird on the feeder! I'm glad they're finding it. She'll spread the word, I'm sure. The birds and squirrels sure have been happy to have a place to drink, too, so I'm glad we found the birdbath at the fire hall sale.

We haven't been out on the lake since our friends were here, Pinetree. The weather has been crappy or else we've been working on the trailer. I hope the weather clears up soon because I miss my bike and the lake. It's almost September and summer will be over soon here. And I also want to work on the trailer and get that done! I'm sick of that hanging over us, and we have so much to do yet before winter that we need to use the trailer for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw and pinetree, Thanks a lot you two! Of course I had to go to the site to see Lovey. She is adorable. Thank goodness my saving grace is Mae-Mae, my female cat, she would hate another cat in this house. I didn't even realize that shelter is MARL, that is what I know it by. My good friend adopted a Shiba Inu from there. At least I know they are all safe since it's a no kill shelter. Give Lovey a little extra loving from me while your volunteering there, fw.

Went to see SIL after work today, she is doing remarkable and will be coming home on Thursday. She went from not being able to walk, to walking with a walker, to using a cane and now is able to walk on her own! I told her today that there are people praying for her on FV and she appreciated that. I assured her that I did not give out her identity though.

Cadbury is doing binkies in the morning when I come down to feed him his morning meal so that makes me feel much better. I think he is liking all this extra attention.

Wednesday
    1 - make refried beans in crockpot, cut up fruit
    2 - dailies
    3 - walk Beastie at the park (you all know that Beastie is my nickname for Jelly Bean, now DH calls her Jelly Beast ha,ha!)
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's such great news about your SIL, Rabbit! It sounds like she's on her way to a full recovery. Excellent!

Husby found a puck fan and an old adapter for me, so I'm hoping to get my little dorm fridge modified soon. It's been in my office for years but I don't use it because it freezes my pop. Maybe the fan will correct that. I'd sure like to be able to use that stupid thing when I start working out there again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everything done today

Glad Rabbits SIL is better
    Hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

HEY there RAbbit! Plan completed. I have no doubt I will be working knots out from under her chin if I am in that room so I will. She wouldnt fare well over here either. It did cross my mind. I told my Dmom she needed lovey. It would just be too much for her to have a pet. My current crush is BOOTS. She just had 6 babies most of which are adopted. She is so loving and sweet. My mini cat MIA (my-uh)(named for my late grandma ALMIRA LEOLA-ain't nobody getting that name)is so super-I LOVE YOU lately, would flip.
    AS DH says-the inn is full.
    So glad your SIL is making such a fast come back.

So I am expecting all my neighbors to arrived w/ torches and pitch forks. Mikey has found his voice, and its beagle. 3 a.m and he's doing the howl bay at something outside. Why Mikey,Why!! The old lady across the street will be like. Did you hear that dog this morning? And she will know it was mine but thats how its broached here. I think I may claim deafness and sleeping?

YEsSsss Pinetree,furious-wait what??

Work at the rescue at 11 a.m. and am supposed to be up at 6 a.m. to take her to work then groc. light at Kroger. Just need dairy. eggs,marg,milk. and bananas maybe lunch meat. Mackey was just squeaking for out.

SD-your projects make me dizzy! I feel accomplished that I boxed up some old glassware to give away to S.A. and my big goal is to mop. sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Already up and going. Read my chapter and did my crossword. Got a two loads of laundry going and one to finish. I have physical therapy this morning. I did manage to take a walk yesterday evening as it was cooler. An old colleague of mine is taking me to lunch today. Can't wait! I've made my grocery list, so hope DH will take me tonight to the store since I haven't started driving at night yet. Dinner tonight is going to be tortellini in brodo. Using up chicken broth and spinach from freezer. Everyone have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This thread moves so fast.. can't keep up
    Baby shower is next Friday can't wait for it to be done

Today
    Put away laundry
    Unload dishwasher
    Floors
    Bathroom

Big project
    Clean off dresser and nightstand