2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 158
Page 158 of 271 FirstFirst ... 58108148155156157158159160161168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona, welcome!

RABBIT, that's great about your SIL.

Niko, please don't take too long to have that tooth dealt with.

pinetree, how was the walleye? Don't get too tired with all that canning.

Everybody else, hi!

Busy day yesterday so I never got around to posting. Slept till a little after 9 this morning. It was 62 this morning and it feels soooooo wonderful! In fact, the lows for the next 10 days will all be 70 or below, and very low humidity. Believe me, for around here, that is almost fall-type weather. Some of the highs will be in the low 90s but hey, low humidity. The locals like to say, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity that's awful." And they're right.

For Wednesday:

1) Church tonight
    2) Look at grocery ads/go through coupons
    3) Change litter box
    4) Financial stuff with DH
    5) Almost-end-of-the-month financial figuring on household accounts
    6) Revise menu plan since I didn't get some stuff out of the freezer
    7) Clean up screened porch

Have a good one, ladies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all.Leaving to help find a new pet for Rabbit. Seriously,going from 12-4 today at the rescue. DD has a ride home-woot!!
    Hope to do a bleach mop on 1 floor anyway here but I will prob. crash after.

Hugs to all!!.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry for not getting in yesterday. I have been looking at the house price calculations (how much I owe the Notary) and they screwed up, couldn't send it because it is over the banks limits etc. And still having problems with the same 2 people from work.

Anyhow for today: tidying up the living room, doing the dishes,tbd
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, dont forget Cadbury needs a friend!
    Thats alot of hours to put in, pretty proud of you!! You are doing great!!

RABBIT, so glad SIL is doing do well. bet she cant wait to get home. Maybe when shes comfortable she can come back to FV?

ILC, Thanks, i'm pretty pooped out, but it feels so good!! SO glad your son is feeling better, and you got to spend all that time with him! The walleye was just plain wonderful, DH missed a row of bones, so had to fight them alittle, but it was worth it! They didnt get any yesterday, but they had fun out boating all day.

SD, Cant keep up with you, holy cow are you moving!

GM123, have a great lunch!

Ayanka, What the heck? Seems everything with that house is screwed up? Hope its working on your side not theirs. Good Luck with the people at work. Too bad everyone just cant get along.

OM, wow, the baby shower sure came up fast!! Have a really good time and dont forget to get pictures!

Hi to everyone I didnt get..

Today is smoke free, you can see the blue sky instead of smoke, hope it stays away,
    I got everything done yesterday
    today
    freeze corn on cob
    de-ring, wash pearsauce, label, put away
    grocery list
    make peach cobbler
    fold load in dryer
    exercise

thats enough, I'm pretty tired and wore out today.

Have a beautiful day, expect something good!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammarbug - wished I had your energy this morning!

fw - how about you pick me out two new pets and we keep them at your house? Pretty please?

pinetree - luckily, MARL does not take in rabbits so fw will not be finding Cadbury a friend!

I can't get moving today, too cold. It's in the 60's today and I hate it! Even my house feels cold although it's 70 degrees in here I feel like it's winter. I am trying to get motivated to take Beastie to the park.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everyone's busy, as usual! I can't keep up either, Pen. It sounds like most of us are doing well though. Ayanka, I sure hope that house closes when they said it would. Why does this stuff always have to be so difficult?

I've been on my feet since I got up at eight AM, about seven hours straight. I'm too old and fat for this crap! I got up late, but I was tired since Sugar got me up in the night as usual and I couldn't get back to sleep. Probably shouldn't have been watching Homicide Hunter half the night though. LOL. Insomnia sucks.

It's been a very productive day. Finally we have sunny skies, low humidity, and a light breeze, the holy trinity of painting, so I was able to paint all the lumber for the trailer. The decking is done and we can put that on the trailer when Husby gets home from work. The uprights are done, too, and the insides of the box walls. The outsides need another coat, which I'll do tomorrow and then I can start attaching those. This project should go fast now. I'm putting 2x4 cap rails around the top and those haven't been painted yet, so will have to do those but the trailer should be usable by Saturday, although not quite complete. Assuming the lights work. I looked through our newly organized (yea!) paint in the cabin and came up with almost a gallon of an off white exterior. I wish I had enough of the tabby cat gray we bought for this project, but there's no way, and I don't want to spend another $40 on paint. So I'm painting the inside of the box with the off white and hoping I'll have enough of the gray for the outside. This is a trash trailer, so the reality is it's not going to be pretty for long anyway, especially on the inside. If I don't have enough to do the top rails with the gray, then I'll have to decide between off white and black, which I also have. Whatever, I'm not buying more paint. The off white looks okay with the gray.

I also altered a pair of crotch-dragger pants, although they're still too big, and sewed up the giant gaping hole in the armpit of my painting shirt, since I happened to have it on when I did the pants, so it was handy. It won't last long but it's bound for the trash pretty soon anyway.

Then I loaded the dishwasher, finally, and ran that load. I also did a huge load of plastics by hand. Still have some plastics but the sinks are now empty and cleaned and the counter is only half full of dishes.

Then it was the cabin's turn, although I really wanted to sew on the chair cushion covers. But I'm so sick of the cabin, and we've about decided to have a small garage sale at Mom's place in a couple weeks, and we need to get stuff sorted for that. We have a lot of big items we need to sell, and it would be nice to get rid of some of them before winter. So I went out and sorted some of that stuff. Then I sorted the small bookcase with all my Indian books in it, and got a box of those ready for GW along with a small box of wildlife pictures. I'm working on a box of glass and ceramic planters that need to be cleaned up, too, so they can be donated. I found out the Porta Potti never got cleaned out when I quit working in my office. My fault, and it's going to be fun to do now, years later. But I'll only suffer for a little while. I want to sell that PP on the sale, because I have a nice new fancy shmancy Porta Potti Curve now for my office. And its space is almost cleared out! Pretty soon, I'll have a pot to pee in out there again. Simple things for simple minds!

I put away all the stuff in front of the closet doors in my office, so we can get into that to sort now. Once I moved the bookcase out that held my Indian stuff, I could move the little table over where that was and put the fridge on that. I think I'm going to like it there. Oh, and the fridge never got cleaned out, either. It was emptied, but not wiped out, so I have to do that, too. It never had food in it but there's some dried up puddles where pop exploded in there. It shouldn't take long to clean it up, and I think the cord for the new fan I'm going to put in might be long enough that I could just run it from the outlet into the fridge through the door. I can hope anyway. I really, really want that to work right, so I'm looking forward to testing the fan idea.

I put the Indian books I'm keeping on the shelves in the middle room that I recently purged. Wow, the memories that came up when I looked through that stuff! I found my copy of the book my namer wrote and wished again that I could talk to him, but he died a long time ago. I'm glad to have his book though. I need to add at least one more shelf in that room.

I also found a ton of research stuff from a cop friend in another state, which should come in handy when I get back to my novels.

There's still a lot of large stuff to deal with in the cabin, but I'm pretty much at the point now where I can't sort much more without Husby's input. My office is still a mess but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. We've gotten so much done out there in a short time it's just amazing, considering it's us. But I'm determined to whip that whole building into shape. I'm so sick of this whole mess around this place, and having one whole building, even a small one, that's completely picked up and organized would be amazing.

When Husby saw what I had done in the entry the other day, he just said, "Wow!" Then he opened up the tambour doors on the cabinet with the potting stuff all in order inside and said, "Impressive!" He always says he doesn't care if stuff is messy, but it's easy to see he likes it much better picked up, too.

Leftovers for supper tonight. You don't expect me to cook on top of everything else, do you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - why didn't you just mix the two paints together and paint it all the one color?

fw - anxiously waiting to hear about who you brought home for me. You're probably just busy getting my new pets settled in.

Didn't have to make the refried beans today, found some in the freezer that I had forgotten about. So 1.5/3 today. Didn't get the dailies done so will have to add them to tomorrow's list. I did though get Beastie to the park, we had the whole park to ourselves today.

Thursday
    1 - dailies + Wednesday's
    2 - cut back lawn
    3 - pick tomatoes
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I already had much of the trailer parts painted, so too late to mix the paint. I did think of it but not before I had so much done. I never thought it would take over a gallon to paint a little trailer.

We plugged the trailer lights into the truck and when the signal lights were turned on, all the trailer lights flashed. Oh, fun. So we switched to the van, same result, then we tried with and without the four-pin to Bargman connector, same, same, except then the brake lights didn't work. Husby finally tried it with the DRLs on and it worked perfectly. I don't get it, but whatever. Same result when we switched back to the truck, so we're covered. We always have the DRLs on anyway. Sure glad we figured it out before we ripped all the wiring out and redid it only to have the same thing happen. So the lights are done, the decking is back on, and the posts are all in. I miscalculated somewhere along the line and the posts are all too short. Rather than try to figure out what happened, I'm going to rip the sides so they're a little shorter. They're a little too tall anyway, since we lift stuff over the sides to load and unload, so it's all good anyway.

I can't believe we're finally this far along. I thought we'd never get that thing put back together. At least now we have a flatbed! Even having to rip them, the sides should go quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, Are you sure they dont have bunnies? Did you search for them? Theres no way I am getting onthere to look at those animals!! I have had a full house when we take more in, Trying to get down to a level to keep track of them!!

FW, you'll have to take pictures of RABBIT's new pets!!

SD, You have me so pooped out just reading what you are doing!! Man, keep it up, you are really getting things done!!

Nite!!

Got most my stuff done, plus cut up 7 more pineapple. DS is grilling some tonight, plus chicken for dinner, so I dont have to cook!! Boy do I love this! So early dinner then off to bed, really need my beauty sleep today!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Rabbit-dont press me. I can tie bunnies ears on one of our fat cat cases. We have the sweetest "bunny" that stays in the bathroom because she is so huge. She was trying to play laser tag w/ 2 visiting boys. She just needs the right FOSTER.

Yesterday was slow but we just got in about 14 puppies. Very cute. Pitbull mixes and adorable. I work again today. Yesterday was super slow w/ the rain and temps. I still havent even "met" all the cats.

Gotta run and get groc. so I can take DD and shower before going in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's 65 this morning---not as cool as yesterday but still very nice. We didn't even have to use the AC downstairs yesterday. Today will be warmer, plus humidity is climbing, but yesterday was just wonderful. I've checked the 10-day forecast and there's a subtle overall downward trend in temps.....fall may actually come!!

Got everything done yesterday except the porch, so that will be done today. DH cut the front and the back yard and it looks awfully nice. I walked around the front yard and picked up fallen limbs and branches for the wood pile we'll need for the fireplace. The Old Farmer's Almanac is predicting cold and icy for us this winter, so we figure we need to be proactive.

For Thursday:

1) Clean screened porch
    2) Water best friend's family's garden
    3) Find and measure shutters in basement for kitchen window
    4) Clean bathrooms
    5) Clean out fridge
    6) Take pork shoulder out of freezer

Have a good Thursday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't get much accomplished yesterday..
    So try it again
    Sweep and mop
    Clean bathroom
    Dresser and nightstand

Something easy for super

Bye

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone, I agree this thread is fast, my head is spinning reading what everyone is up to! Great read though and well done to all

I didn't get much done yesterday as I had visitors so today is catch up

Laundry 3 loads
    Bake soda bread, cheese crackers
    Lunch - chicken & ginger soup
    Dinner - Sicilian sardines

Into town to get the last of the uniforms, shoes and other bits (still books to get though)
    Plan Menu for the week
    Budget for the week
    Order firing and check what needs to be cut for wood at home
    plan sprouts

Hope everyone has a productive day and gets everything they have planned done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is my slow day. Watching movies and planning leftovers tonight. Working in the food bank later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been on the run the last three days, upright more than in a very long time, too much walking, falls, etc. So today, I'm napping and then seeing what I can do. My body feels like jello. But got my 24 hr EEG done, saw cardiologist, had family meeting about hospice with my mom's doc (she finally agreed to refer her, thank God!), took my dad out to his fav restaurant because he had a free meal coupon about to expire. My brother, lives in Boston, rarely comes home and can be a huge PITA, was nice. He's a very knowledgeable techie, who always promises to do some techie thing for you for your bday or something, never does. Yesterday, he wanted lunch out and then agreed to go to cable company and get what I need to hook up a nice tivo. It was a great deal but the instructions could have been written in Greek for all I understood them (I have always been able to hook up a tivo so this upsets me). It has been in the box since Dec, the month I worked and assumed I was ok, I'm better so I did spend the money on a great tivo deal for long term customers. Then I was back out of work and felt guilty I had bought it. But it was paid for and my old one has some problems. So now it's hooked up, yay!

I also got rid of the boxes my new nightgowns came in, I was keeping them for returns. Paid bills, I think that was this week. I know I had other necessary appts, cannot remember what they were, that's gonna bug me! I know all this sounds like nothing but for me it was so much, so many days in a row. Slow, infinitesimally, slow but chipping away at the mountain.

hope everyone is doing well!