2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 161
Page 161 of 271 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161162163164171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did some online research and it looks like a second modem on the same phone line isn't really an option. So we'll be pulling cable. We used to have the modem in my office but it needs to be reset quite often and it's really inconvenient to have to run out there all the time, especially in the winter, in the dark, or in bad weather. Besides, the wireless doesn't want to work in Husby's office which is why his computer has been underfoot in the LR. It looks like the best solution really is to run the cable all the way over there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whew! You all make me tired just reading your posts. I had the grandsons today, so we watched Netflix movies and DH brought burritos and tacos for lunch. We have a water leak at a faucet near our chicken pen, and DH decided to pay someone to help him fix it. I did manage to get the laundry done. The only freebie I got today was shampoo and conditioner. Have a great evening! Am I the only one that puts dryer lint in paper towel cardboard tubes and use as firestarters? Did that today, too.
    Last edited by Grammarbug123; 08-29-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug - do you use your firestarters for a woodstove? Never heard of that but might try it.

pinetree - hope you and your DH are better by Monday so you can skip the doctors visit. My back is already feeling a little better.

SD - spent the better part of the day in bed reading "The Highway". What a page turner, thanks for the suggestion.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your back is better, Rabbit. I'm glad you like the book. All Chuck's books are like that, you just can't put them down, which are the best kind of books. Back of Beyond is the first one in that series, I think. The third one just came out, Badlands. I haven't read that one yet but I'm sure it'll be great. But I think The Highway is one of the scariest books I've read in a long time.

I'm crocheting tonight. I'm finally getting some traction on the antimacassar project and want to keep going. Maybe by the time I'm done with that, I'll have found the pattern for the beaded wolf project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use it in my fireplace. I put two or three on the bottom, then stack wood on top and light it. They work really well. You can also use toilet paper or wrapping paper tubes. I don't see why you couldn't use it in a wood stove, as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry for your bear troubles SD. I would be scared to death (but a bear inhere would have escaped from the zoo). I hope he doesn't come back.

Pinetree, Im getting mildly excited this weekend is going to be clean the appartement day though, not taht excited about that .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There was something out there last night but I don't think it was a bear. More likely a raccoon. We'll be pulling the feeders in at night for the foreseeable future. I felt bad last night because a cute little flying squirrel showed up wanting something to eat after the feeders were in. We hardly ever see them because they're nocturnal, and then we couldn't watch him because he left right away.

Ayanka, we have black bears here. Generally, they're not very aggressive but of course they're still large, strong, well-armed wild animals so we're not going to try to make pets out of them or anything. They're more destructive than dangerous. The bear that was here was a small one, about the size of a German shepherd.

Today's to-do's, now that we're slightly more rested. It's rainy so unless it clears off, we're not going to work on gutters.

~try to get driveway put back together and get grass seed mat installed so, with any luck, it'll grow quickly and help slow down the erosion on the slope there.
    ~finish up as much of the trailer as possible. I know we're short at least one 2x4 which can't be bought till tomorrow.

That's it.

The pasta cookbook I bought looks like what I've been looking for, with lots of details about how to make pasta from scratch, how to prep it for freezing, drying, etc, lots of history about Italian pasta which is interesting, how to make pasta with and without a machine, and lots of recipes for different dishes, pastas, sauces, soups, etc. I think I'll get my money's worth out it and maybe I can get rid of the artisan pasta cookbook I have, the one with recipes calling for stuff like squid ink. I'll have to look at that again and see if there's anything in it that would be useful for me. It's not that easy to find cookbooks with recipes for making pasta. Usually they're about cooking with store-bought pasta. I'm happy I found this one yesterday. It was an exceptionally good day at GW!

The garden project book is great, too. It has a tiny shed in it I might make sometime for the garden area we're going to build around the greenhouse. The instructions are simple enough even for me to follow. They have some other interesting things like window boxes and birdfeeders, which is really why I bought it, for the birdfeeders since we get so many damaged here. Who knows when I'll actually get to these projects? LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi I am so sorry been so busy taking care house, family I have not been able to respond to all
    Been busy getting ready for shower
    Had a couple get together with high school friends.

Rona hi and take it easy on that knee.

Rabbit enjoy church picnic

SD hate that about driveway..u just fixed it I am scared of bears..I have never seen one that close to my house..

Pinetree this Friday is the shower Sept 4..I will be gld when it over. I love peach cobbler. What are u doing with all the cherry tomatoes.

ILC I love breezy days ..

Fw sounds like a good curl up day.

Grammerbug I used to do that when I had a fire place.

AyAnka post pics v of the h ouse

Last night went to friends I thought I lived in the woods. The tee house is like a cabin setting in the woods.. we had a blast.

Today going to ex wife's house for barbecue so we can visit. With son and family before he moves to Norfolk with navy..
    He moves Friday the 4th.

Our son in New York is coming in that weekend also so super busy next weekend..

Today laundry, cat litter, dishes , bake brownies to take over to ex wife's house. .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our front deck is only four feet deep. It's more of a walkway so we can have feeders out there. So when we have a critter on it, it's less than four feet from our front windows. I'm not especially afraid of bears, but I'm not going to provoke one either. Normally they run off when we start screaming at them. We bought the bullhorn to save our vocal chords. I'm sure the neighbors aren't happy but tough cookies. I'm not sure if either of our neighbors belong to the bear-hugger community but again, tough cookies.

The worst part of the bear was the dream I had afterward. I dreamed I shot the bear which I would never do, but I also shot our brand new flat screen TV (twice) and almost shot Sugar, and then had to watch the bear suffering. That part was so awful it woke me up in a cold sweat. I don't hate bears and I like seeing them, just not when they're tearing up my house at three AM.

I think I need firearms training.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stopped at CVS on my way to church this morning and I had a free CVS gift card that I got from mypointts. With my card, I got two prescriptions, Puffs tissues for 74 cents, Colgate toothpaste free, Dawn dish soap 74 cents, roll of paper towel 11 cents and Starbucks coffee drink $1.99 with $1 back on Ibotta for a total savings of 43%. After church stopped at Walmart and bought 3 bottles of Ivory body wash for $2.07 and then on to Dollar Tree to buy aluminum bake sheets for $1. I'm feeling thrifty today. Then DH took me to lunch. Only thing I am doing today is maple mustard chicken and veggies for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the trailer done! Almost. I have to paint the cap rails and can't install the barrel bolts till I do. Can't paint today because it's too humid, but soon, very soon. The carpentry is all done except for putting in a few screws here and there. Still have to install hardware, too. But if the weather cooperates, the whole shebang should be totally done by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Such a relief to be this close!

Now I have to figure out, amongst the infinite to-do list, what to do for an encore involving working in the garage. In the short term I think I want to get the rocker frame sanded and ready to paint, and then maybe start sorting out that mess up in the corner by my saw. I know there are some blinds buried somewhere in there, and I need those for my office.

I also need to refocus on my weight loss, which has been stalled for weeks now while I've been distracted with other projects.

We got the grass seed mats down and watered. I hope that grass grows well. It's become clear we need to add another catch basin at the top corner of the hill, because the water all sheds off that area right into the corner, then roars down the hill along the driveway, cutting new ruts as it goes. If we could get most of it into a catch basin that feeds into more drain tile, we might have a shot at slowing down the damage. We still need the gutters, too, so we're not sorry about that project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm tired, the kids wore me out! They had a blast at the picnic, they had so many activities for the kids so they were plenty busy. I think I am going to sit on the couch tonight and either read or watch some of my shows that I recorded.

Monday
    1 - grocery shop
    2 - dust, clean DH's bathroom
    3 - weed back flower beds
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

went to Cider Mill #3 for the season and took Mikey. We were the only ones there except for locals driving up for groceries items like milk and apples. Different perspective for sure.

DD has been at the Renaissance Festival all w/ BF because he works there in the Kings Court. I hope she isnt crabby tonight. hahaha! I would think she got in free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning and happy Monday! (let's hope it's happy. Monday doesn't have a very good reputation. haha).

I don't know that I can ever catch up here! You guys are all zipping along and making great progress. Nicely done!!

We had a nice weekend. Sunny and breezy (my favorite). We spent a lot of time in the pool and also celebrated our youngest granddaughter's first birthday. Her actual birthday is this week but they had the party yesterday because it's just so hard to get people together during the week with work schedules etc. The wildlife park had an "Enchanted Forest Day" on Saturday so we went with DD and the kids etc. They had a pretty little arch entering the area all fixed with flowers and little lights. There was a screen room they'd set up and covered with branches and what not and that was the life size "fairy house" they kids could go into. They had fairy stories and lots of natural materials so the kids could build their own fairy houses / villages etc. And they had real fairies dressed up and coming around the meet the kids. The little ones had a blast. The girls playing the part of the fairies were awesome with the kids. They circulated around, posed for pics, admired all the little houses the kids built. So cute. This place does such a great job with events for the kids.

So today I need to call and schedule my one year mammogram. The last couple of years I've had to have a couple of biopsies and have been having mammos every six months. This is my first one that's a year out in a couple of years so I'm a bit nervous. Then again, I'm always nervous about this type of thing.

I need to call the gym as well. DH and I have talked about how much we are going to miss the pool when we have to close it at the end of September (or sooner depending on our weather) so we agreed we'd like to join the gym with the pool and use the one there. It won't be like home where it's nice and private and quiet but it will have to do. I"m not a huge fan of public pools but I really, really am going to miss swimming so I'll suck it up for the nine months our pool is closed. DH has agreed to do water aerobics with me there too so I need to check into that as well. I haven't done that in ages and the last time I did it there was one man in the group. I hope there's at least one other guy there so DH won't worry about sticking out like a sore thumb. There is one that does three month memberships which would be perfect as that would take us to next summer when our pool is opened again and we can just use ours then restart in the fall of next year.

DH needs a bolt or screw or something for the lockset he's installing in the fire door between house and garage in the new house. He dropped the one that came with it and he cannot find it. I've helped him look and neither of us can fathom where the silly thing went. We've even swept the floor etc in case it just mixed in with some of the building stuff lying around there but no dice. So we need to buy another one (which guarantees that we will find the first one). It's like the paintbrush...DH needed a small angled paintbrush for working in the tighter spots etc. The first one he wore completely out so we bought a second one. He took it over there and lost it. Tore the house apart looking for it to no avail. So we went and bought another one. Came home and took it over there. I looked around a little, moved the paint tray and it was under the paint tray. He's positive he moved that tray 47 billion times so I'm not sure where it was before but I found it at least. He said "let's take this newer one back". I said no as that guarantees he'll lose it again! Once he's done we can take the unused one back.

Kiddos are coming today to visit also so I'd best get cracking and get dressed. Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning I am wiped out from weekend..

Today
    Towels
    Cook supper
    Make lit of everything needed for baby shower. ..

Spend week.. I have 150 budgeted for food.for the baby shower...
    My part of the menu
    Chicken salad Sammie
    Meatballs
    Dorito salad
    Veggie tray
    Plus flowers and a little gift

Ugh will be glad when it is over with.. spent 250 already..
    Bought crib and mattress new ....plus lots of things used.