2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 162
Page 162 of 271 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164165172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! I agree that Mondays aren't my best. Fell yesterday and bruised my leg and can't walk very well. Ended up with my whole body aching. Don't have therapy until Wednesday. Today I am going to take it somewhat easy. I have a little ironing to do and a run to the store. DH and I are going to have leftovers tonight and then go the the $5 movie and see War Room. I get free popcorn, so that is about it today.I have already done my crossword puzzle and read a chapter in my free book. Hope you all have a better Monday than mine started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dropped DD at work and hit Kmart and got a scale.
    Then got a few groceries At Kroger then swung into the gas station. I am so grateful this is 1/2 from my house and I finished all my errands by driving about 5 miles. I also got the scale on sale for $18 from $25 then $5. in points off. Its the lower end WW scale. I didnt like the idea of the glass one here. He is who he is. lol

Need to do 3x loads
    maybe vaccumn
    call dentist for cleaning
    call vet for cat appts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Grammarbug-sorry to hear about the fall. A movie sounds fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody!

Yesterday DH and I decided on a whim to DO SOMETHING. We are not exactly Mr. and Mrs. Spontaneity but it had been a while since we went anywhere exciting so we called DS after church, said we were driving up there, did he want to get with us? So we drove up in the rain, walked around campus, ate brunch at Waffle House, then took DS grocery shopping which he liked because we paid. Hung around and talked then drove back home using back roads. It took us 2 hours but we saw some nice little towns and it was different. DH hates back roads--he's an interstate kind of guy---but he was gracious and gave in to me and he admitted that it was fun.

I was sleeping so well this a.m. till 8:30 when my periodontist's office called to confirm tomorrow's appointment. Otherwise I might still be sleeping. It's cool and cloudy and wonderful today, which it has been all weekend. Later this week it will hit 90 a couple of days but the lows are consistently forecast for the high 60s so I'm excited that fall indeed may be coming.

pinetree, how are you and DH today? Have you called the dr.?

Ayanka, glad there's progress on your house situation.

hikr, praying for you and that mammogram. Let us know the results.

om, I know you'll be glad when the shower is over but I know it'll also be fun. Take lots of pictures for the baby book.

Gbug, glad you had fun with the grands!

fw, sounds like you're enjoying all the mills and the cider. For cider we have to drive way up to north Georgia, about 3 hours away. And even then there aren't too many places to find it.

RABBIT, that picnic sounds awesome.

SD, I wish our GW was just half as good as yours. Ours occasionally has something I want but it's not often at all.

This week I have appointments of one kind or another every day except today so I refuse to go anywhere today. To me, real luxury is not having to leave home for several days at a time.

For Monday:

1) Give flea meds to all cats
    2) Reset den and breakfast room
    3) Deal with the veggies we picked the other day--they are still sitting on the counter
    4) Post "Found" signs about the new cat that wants to live here
    5) Plan menus for the week
    6) End-of-month financial reckoning
    7) Go through coupons from yesterday's paper/make grocery list

Have a great Monday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Gbug, so sorry you fell and got hurt. Hope it feels better soon.

Have fun at the $5 movie!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone, hope your Monday's are going well.

GB hope your feeling better and the bruise is easing.

Today:

kids to school - sounds easy but first day back
    Animals fed & watered
    lunches - Sandwiches for school & bean soup for after
    Dinner - Bacon & cabbage, desert - cinnamon rice
    Did a lot of driving today & knee is acting up so the kids are now home & there is still homework to do. dd1 &dd2 still need help with homework & they have a new teacher this year & she is starting as she means to go on ie 12 items of hw & a book to read each, should only take a couple of hours each!!!!!

I'm off for a cuppa hope everyone has a great evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, sounds like a plan with the gym. And I know exactly what you mean about losing and finding things.

Grammarbug, sorry about the fall. I hope you heal up soon.

OM, you're busy as usual.

ILC, sounds like a perfect road trip!

FW, you sound busy, too. Better than being bored. Glad you bought a scale. I was just reading a study that indicated people who weigh every day generally lose more weight and are better able to keep it off than those who weigh once a week or less. Of course, YMMV.

It's been a busy day for me so far, too. Ta-dones:
    ~two loads of stinky rugs washed and hung out.
    ~the first coat of paint done on the bits of the trailer that still needed paint.
    ~a couple more parts screwed onto the trailer tailgate. I think everything is attached now except two cap rails which are easier to paint when not attached, and the barrel bolts. So close!
    ~rivets drilled out of the free Pie Iron I got at a sale Friday, handles cleaned up and ready to use on a different Pie Iron, and original broken Pie Iron put in recycling. Still need to buy tiny bolts and wing nuts to attach the handles to a Pie Iron that's missing them.
    ~bird feeders and bath put outside and filled for the day.
    ~about half the 344 romance novels from Friday sorted. Hope to finish that today or it'll just get put off indefinitely.
    ~phone call made to someone else we owe money to, so they know we're still dealing with insurance issues. I hate owing people money! Even when they're understanding.
    ~grass mats on driveway checked and don't need water yet. I think it rained last night.
    ~dazed and confused mouse found in back porch caught and released outside. He needs to learn to hide better. At least he was cooperative and crawled up a rug I had in my hand, and hung on till I could dump him outside. Poor little guy. He's lucky I found him before Sota did.
    ~two bags located for use with portable pit stop I'm setting up for the vehicles. Everything is now in them except the privacy ponchos I have to make yet. Now those are the very definition of go bags!
    ~hummingbird nectar made.
    ~spare sugar moved into the sugar jar.

Not sure what I'll be doing this afternoon. I do want to get through those books and that could take a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

um,, morning? I still have a few minutes here.

OM, enjoy your familty coming in, you have one busy week ahead of you! I eat my cherry tomatoes, but am thinking about cutting them in half and making a pasta dish out of them, saw it on Lydia on the create channel. Do you have a idea for them?

ILC, wtg on the trip!! Hope you had a real good time! And you got to spend more time with DS!! Let us know how dr. appts go.

FW, Wow a cider mill, you have so many good things up there! Its way to early here for apples to be picked yet.

RABBIT, so glad to hear you are doing well, sounds like you had a great time at the picnic! Being tired you should sleep really good too!!

GM123, omg, please be careful!! I am scared to death of falling and breaking a hip, You are finding some great deals too! You and Spirit Deer are both really lucky on the deals!! I have never heard of $5 movie!!

Rona, sounds like you are keeping really busy too!

Ayanka, um, you could be thinking this is the last time I have to clean this place!! Ok, you can get excited now!! lol Wow its getting closer fast!

SD, man am I pooped out just reading your post, too bad you couldnt work here for a day, you could probably wipe out my list!! lol, I was wondering what kind of rug you have to move a moose out of your back yard!! I had to read that like 3 times to figure out it was a mouse!! hahaha lol,, rotf.. man this is turning out to be a good monday!! now if I can find my brain!!

I dont know about weighing in everyday, to me its a real pita. It is really frustrating when you stay or go up and down every single day! I have decided I am not going to lose until I can get up and move around. which that isnt happening again!

Hikr00, Thank you, I forgot to schedule my 6 month mammogram,, I forgot all about it!! Good Luck with yours. The pool exercises sound good!

Niko, missing you, hope things are going well.

Jen, you too, hope you are ok.

DH had to take the furbaby back into the vet this morning, needed another pain, antibiotic and steriod shot, his gums are all infected again, so they are going to see if the steroids will knock out the infection.
    Poor baby boy.. I feel so bad for him.

The darn felix caught one of my doves, he was on the ground picking up little sticks and grass pieces, Dh found parts of him.. sob....

DH is at the Dr. now, I am feeling better but will make one later for a check up. My poor muscles are so far gone, I guess thats why they tell me to only do alittle every 3-4 days? You think I would listen, ha guess not!

Tha kids go back to work today, so things should calm down here alittle bit, It was nice having them around for awhile.

Today
    couple loads of laundry
    call in pills
    find dinner.

Have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree cherry tomato jam...I love them in pasta ..uhm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, losing weight is more about food than exercise. Exercise does help, of course, but people can lose amazing amounts of weight without any exercise at all. I like weighing every day, especially with Sustain. My weight gets uploaded right from my scale, so I know I'm accountable to my coach. I need that accountability. It does fluctuate but as long as I see a downward trend over time, I'm not bothered by it. Lately I've been staying the same, so have to get back into better routines again.

I don't know how we overlooked one of our favorite little critters. I put out the feeders today and looked at the jumble of empty feeders on the front side deck. The little peanut feeder was laying there, unused since last spring. We've been feeding peanuts all summer, but putting them in another feeder where the squirrels and chipmunks can get them. But we've forgotten the nuthatches! We love how they come to the peanut feeder and hang there upside down, pecking the peanuts out through the wire on the feeder. So I filled that up and hung it, and I've been watching them all day. They haven't been around much this summer and I think that's why. They don't like to come to the tray feeder and compete with the rodents and bigger birds. Our red squirrels are so loud and obnoxious who can blame them? The blue jays have been eating out of there today, too. I feel bad now for neglecting the little nuthatches all summer. The chickadees like that feeder too, so we have to make sure we keep that full.

I moved the hummingbird feeder and haven't seen any all day. They really hate change, so maybe I'll have to put it back where it was. I sure love that feeder! Once again, I can't believe that something I hardly ever see secondhand appeared just at the moment I needed it. Why can't that happen with hundred dollar bills?

Haven't gotten much done today, just made a SPAM and pasta salad for supper. Husby will be happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-Ds was saying at 1 point he missed the apple picking here. I need to call and see whats ready. I love apples-northern spy for pies,mutsu,jonathon,delicious,honey crisp,macintosh. Some we can pick but some they do it because the crop is small and precious. The orchard we used to go to has now grown into a outdoor grilling,herd going,wine tasting,people destroying everything circus. Pies are close to $20. And going in the store requires a long line w/ people stomping on ya. I need to travel a bit more I think. We have about 20? in easy driving distance but only a couple w/ orchards now. Our fav. dropped the orchards and the picking farm didnt pass to the next generation. Sub developers buy out the land.

ILC-wish we could send peaches and apples back and forth. I amso into this new cider/cinnamon jelly=brilliant!

Heading to Pet supplies plus to see if they have any good sales on Cat litter and canned cat food. Wheee!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-depends on who you are. I must excercise too after a certain point. I can lose 25# historically and then I better start excercising or forget it!. But Diabetes prob. has a factor too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today, my back started acting up again at work today so I skipped weeding the flower beds when I got home. Hopefully will be able to do them on Wednesday.

SD - I definitely will be reading more of C. J. Box. This book reminds me of something that happened last winter. Beastie and I were at the County park and we were the only ones there. Not uncommon, especially in the winter with the cold and snow. I was walking her by the pavilion area and a man in a truck pulling a camper trailer drove in and stopped in the parking lot and was just staring at me. I was thinking "what is a guy pulling a camper in the middle of the winter driving into a park?" I told DH all I could think of is if he tied me up, gagged me and threw me in the camper, who would know?! I knew he couldn't see Beastie with me since there was bushes in the way so I walked out in the open so he could see her and he drove away. Now I'm reading this book..................makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's why I said YMMV. And also that exercise does help. But I think a lot of times people fall into the idea they can exercise their way out of bad eating habits, but you can't. (NOT talking about anyone on this thread, just in general.) It takes so many hours of hard, sweaty exercise to burn off something as inconsequential as a candy bar that there's just no way to lose without good eating habits to go along with the exercise. But again, YMMV. And of course, regular exercise raises your BMR, so you're burning extra calories even when you're not exercising. It's just not enough to counteract bad eating habits. It's kinda like clipping coupons to save money and thinking that'll get a person out of debt while still buying everything in sight with no limits. Ain't gonna happen.

I do need to get back into my exercise routine again. I feel better when I do, and exercise has other benefits along with burning some calories. If I'd start walking again, maybe Sugar would sleep better at night, too, so I could.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get to the movie as my eye was giving me trouble. Tomorrow I will:

1) MRI at eye doctor
    2) Go to post office to mail stuff
    3) Meet with theatre director to plan upcoming fall classes
    4) Bake peach cobbler for DH