2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 163
Page 163 of 271 FirstFirst ... 63113153160161162163164165166173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit, so creepy! I always worry about that, but I have an overactive imagination. And I worry about being hit by a car if I walk on the road here, because there are no shoulders. I won't walk if it's too windy because then I can't hear the traffic coming so I can cross the road and get away from cars. I had a dog tag cut for myself with emergency contact info on it, and wear that whenever I walk. It won't help if someone's out to get me, of course, but in case of an accident or heart attack or something, at least if someone finds me they'll know to call Husby at work. I worry when I'm out on the lake alone, too, but I can't live my life terrified to live my life. I have an emergency whistle on my PFD in case I need to try to attract someone's attention out on the water.

Oh, boy, C.J. is going to ruin so many places for you! Hahahahaha! If you read the Joe Picket series, I suggest reading them from the beginning. Chuck ages the kids from the time Joe's oldest daughter Sheridan is about seven years old, and she's in college now. It's fun to see the progression. All of that series can be read as stand-alones, but they do build on each other and sometimes there are references you won't understand without that backstory.

If you're not sick of Planet Danielle yet, you could read the prequel to The Highway, Back of Beyond. That was a good read too. It's set in the wilderness in Yellowstone. I'll be getting my hands on the third one in the series, Badlands, pretty soon now and can't wait to read it. That's insomnia I won't complain about.

I got all the romance novels sorted. At least that pool table we can't get rid of is good for something! I ended up keeping four good-sized boxes of books, which Husby thoughtfully delivered to the cabin for me. I have a lot of reading to do for research.

Tomorrow is September, so I don't have much time to get my office in order to go back to work out there. I gave myself till the end of September, but I'm hoping we get the phone and internet hooked up again next week, so I have a lot to do this week. I don't want to be out there every day without a phone in case of an emergency with Mom or some other problem.
    Last edited by Spirit Deer; 08-31-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-YMMV??? Sorry dummy doesnt know that one. Didnt think it was a pointed comment. I personally know that I need to build muscle to use the calories I do take in. I javent been back to the gym since Ddad passed and that is not a related excuse,just a time marker. So almost 2 years.

Cant wait for the pool next door to be closed. I cannot stand the 6 y.o. next door. Not his fault but he screams like a girl and says everything more than once. I can always tell when his Dmom is watching him and when grandma is making him behave w/ quiet disipline.

Sorry the bad day continued Grammarbug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary. Sorry. I don't know who Dummy is, but I'm glad you didn't think it was a pointed comment because I certainly didn't intend that.

Last time I logged onto my Wii Fit program, I was informed by it that it had been something like 583 days since I had last logged in, so I can relate to you not being at the gym. I've done other things for exercise but not enough and not routinely. Gotta turn that around. I have so much less stiffness and pain if I move more, it's worth it just for that reason.

I can't stand screaming kids either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh and I am copping to the clueless-just this once of course.
    We are just too close. our dogs bark w/ the new giant rotweiler/mastiff? who is a giant puppy catty corner behind us so the kid is going on and on disciplining the dog that isnt their. And I am like holy crap!! No one tells him what is adult business and kid business.
    Ok miss makes stuff out of other stuff help me. On the left I have a cyclone fence jury rigged w/ no top poles and at the back I have a cyclone fence and the neighbor behind has a 6' privacy fence. In our yard is a pile of boulders w/ shallow soil to make a ridge. PLUS a telephone pole in the corner about 2 ft. out.
    The gap is between the 2 fence in the catty corner behind neighbors fence.
    I want to put up a fence to block new dog and Mikey from touching mouths and allfrom barking. The small amt of soil wont support post that go very deep,I can't block the pole either.
    The best I can think of is to cut a 4' section in 2 and L bracket it together and just dig post in kinda shallow. I dont want anyone to get hit,pinched,caught behind and of course I cant block access to the pole.
    I may just pay for a piece of fence for the neighbors to put it in their yard if they would agree but I have never spoken to them really.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd have to at least see pics to envision your arrangement. Any way to drive in steel posts instead of wood ones? That's what we have to do here. Forget digging for wood posts. Usually, we can find a place to drive a steel post between rocks but it can get challenging and they can't always go where we want them. We've made decent looking fence panels by making 2x4 framing and then stretching wire fencing to the frames. The panels are then connected to the steel posts. Not good for privacy but that's not our issue here, keeping wolves out of the dog yard is. You can do the same with chain link kennel panels and attach those to the steel posts, but of course that can get spendy fast. But you'd save work, and the boards and wire panels aren't free either. Plus the kennel panels are almost maintenance free, while the 2x4 framing would have to be painted every few years. We're talking about using kennel panels for a 24 foot stretch between our house and garage and I think we figured it would be $300 or so. We're waiting to see if we can scrounge up something cheaper that still looks nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I need something you can't see through. They will still bark but less. Don't have a camera. Maybe DD could upload from her phone?? I'll ask if I can catch her.
    I am hoping to spend $100. It's less than 4'. Just enough to get Mikey standing up to reach the other dog. I like Mikeys lower jaw so I am stressing. And I am not a builder type and neither is DH. Ds would get a solution isn 5 sec. Miss his ingenuity. Got that from my Ddad. I also don't want to create an eyesore or piss off the power company so they wont fix that inevitable downed wire in Jan.
    Yes,I am over thinking this. And drat,I need to talk to the neighbors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was grabbed and pulled into a van when 8 was a teenager and raped lucky he let me go... I guess he was not a serial killer... I am very lucky.. always be aware of your surroundings. .

Yesterday done laundry. .
    Today catch up the house.. kitchen, bathroom, floors. And pedi for me

Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was a teenager.not 8.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through that experience, Pen.

I got the painting done and the Porta Potti cleaned. Just in time, it appears, since it's thundering. Why do we bother to listen to the forecast?

I guess I need to start focusing on prepping for the garage sale. It's going to be here before we know it, and it's going to take more time than we think to get ready.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kitchen done, floors done, .. one load laundry done... cat litter changed.. Bible study done..

Will do the bathroom tomorrow. .

SD I am a walking lifetime movie.. too much trauma... but it made me who I am.. I am a strong person. .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was going to say it made you strong, but I was afraid that might be offensive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pen, you're very courageous to share that experience. So sorry it happened.

Gbug, hope that eye is all right. Let us know.

fw, we've had bad neighbors too. It's miserable. We're blessed now to have no neighbors behind us, on one side they are very nice and the other side we never ever see them, and across the street is wonderful.

That new cat hanging around is SO cute. Very large, very friendly, and obviously likes it here. Yesterday it wandered into the house, came into the kitchen where I was working at the sink, and proceeded to drink from the running faucet. What I don't understand is why no one is looking for it.

Got everything done yesterday.

For Tuesday:

1) Reschedule periodontist appointment DONE
    2) Pay bills for September
    3) Mop
    4) Go through some of parents' stuff stacked in living room and try to find items to donate
    5) Finalize grocery lists for tomorrow's errands

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM I'm going to second SD's comment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It didn't offend me.. I am as tough as nails... life is hard and I have made the best of it ..I am a good person could have been a junkie, criminal ect. But I didn't. .
    I am a great mom.. which is my greatest achievement in life. .and mine was not...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, can you put a pre-built wood fence panel across the gap and just attach it to the existing fence somehow? Big box stores have a variety of panel styles, so something might work. This one is 6x8 and costs $30 this week at Menards. Any home improvement place should have something similar.