2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 164
Page 164 of 271 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-my plan was to buy a piece like that but we have to cut it to about 4' wide. Angle it and put it up. But while I guess I could anchor it to the cyclone fence on the right,the left would require a post or something. The left is the side w/ the cyclone fence that has green garden stakes and no poles or top pole across. The fence used to curve into the old neighbors back yard around their pool in some sort of friendly arrangement. I suspect this lot was owned by that neighbor and sold to the adult kid or something. We have a shared sidewalk between. Too chumy for the present I allowed him to just secure it straight to sell his house.
    They both have 6' privacy fences behind and on that side. And yes because their pools are right there and my past 3 dogs.

OM-sorry and yes you are tough,brave and whatever else you pick for yourself. My BF in H.S. had this happen. She is tall and very large but it was a group in a van. Insert words not accepable here.

ILC-so what is your new cats name? I personally always feel they were sent and tell DH that. I have had several just appear like theres an invisible map. I actually prayer for no more for awhile before.
    And this is the second house w/ funky circumstances. The 1 behind that has been empty 5 years. I think 1 of the old people may live in a nursing home and it cant be sold?? Lawn is maintained though. Anyone feel like a Michigan home?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So annoyed. The tree guy wants $1500. and the last guy 2 years ago said $800. Of course,I have NO IDEA what the company was called or where the #is. I used to be an adult.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I see, about the fence. It should be reasonably easy to cut that kind of fence even with a hand saw, if you can fit a blade between the boards.

I would try to find a place to drop a steel post and then attach the new fence panel to that with U brackets. Or like you said, ask if you can attach it to the neighbors' fences since it's just that one small span. If you decide on the steel post idea, be sure you get it in the ground BEFORE you cut the fence panel! Don't ask me how I know that's the right approach.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-mulling the steel pole idea over. I would want it on the "back" and I cant think how Dh could attach it. So not a builder. Dh cant shovel dig because of his rebuilt ankle so sledging might work. I just see this daymare where he swings down and A. smashes his other foot or B. dislodges the boulders in an impossible occurance.
    Maybe I should hire someone. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow had to go back 2 pages to catch up.

FW, baling wire. it solves problems that duck tape doesnt!

OM, yep you are a strong one!! Keep it up!!
    Trying to find a recipe for that cherry tomato jam, I have always been told not to can them because of their acid level. But am looking for something.

ILC, great job on the new baby, our new ones name is stash, he stays with and thinks he is taking care of our old momma cat sasha.. No idea where these guys come from. but all of them need help. Thanks!

SD. I'll lose weight when i get stronger I guess, sometimes I wonder if thats going to ever happen. Keep it up on all your projects, you are getting alot done.

RABBIT. what a scarey thing to happen!! I have been having weird nightmares with stuff like that in it!!

Hi to everyone else, my brain went blank, think it needs more coffee

Well today is a new month, again, the years are just flying by, cant keep up, a month seems like a couple weeks now..

Today
    run, empty dishwasher
    get a job out
    find recipe for cherry tomato jam
    find dinner too.
    exercise

Have a wonderful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, if you're dealing with rock, then options are limited as you know. Digging with a shovel probably wouldn't be possible, if it's like the rock we have here. The purpose of using the steel T post is that it's so much smaller and doesn't require a hole to be dug. We use a post driver, which is basically a round steel pipe that's closed on one end, and the closed end is solid steel so it's heavy. You put the pipe over the post, then grab it with both hands and pound the weight onto the top of the pipe, driving the post down. Here's a link to something similar since I'm sure you're having trouble picturing it.

Value Brand Fence Post Driver, 17.5 lbs 4LVN8 | Zoro.com

Ours are very old (we inherited two) so they don't have the handles on the sides but it's the same concept. If you don't want to buy one, maybe you could rent one somewhere. It would be really hard to hurt yourself using those except for the shoulder muscles you might stress ramming the driver down on the post.

If you can't get at the back of the fence very well to attach it to the post, then buy heavy zip ties that are UV resistant, drill holes in the fence panel at the appropriate spots, thread the zip ties through the holes and around the post, tighten them up and you're done. How did we ever live without zip ties?

If you can't get at the back of the fence, paint or stain it before you put it up, too. Way easier. If you put it on with zip ties and need to remove it later, like to repaint, you can simply cut the ties to take the fence panel down and put in new zip ties to put it up again. Easy!

Pinetree, I have no doubt you'll lose weight when you're ready. I'm so impressed with your determination to stick with a difficult diet for your health.

Is what you heard about cherry tomatoes that you shouldn't can them because they aren't acidic enough? You can add vinegar, I think. You'd have to Google for details. Lots of fruits are low in acid so it seems like if that's the problem with the cherry tomatoes, there would be a recipe somewhere that would be safe for making jam. Have you checked any extension office sites, such as Utah? Have you tried searching for low-acid fruit jams? Tomatoes are really fruit, so I bet a low acid fruit recipe would work okay. Just some unsolicited ideas.

I'm being a slug today, sitting around crocheting. I put the trailer back together but didn't put the hardware on the tailgate because I think we need something different, so will have to return what we bought. I see I missed some spots due to the bad light in the garage, so I'm going to have Husby roll the trailer outside and put another coat on tomorrow. I was going to do that anyway, since I had to undercoat the cap rails with the white paint and the gray didn't cover as well as I would like. Plus I've gone from worrying about running out of paint to wanting to use it up. There's not enough left to save and a little too much to toss.

I've been making a list of garage sale items and hope we can sell a ton of stuff. I think we're going to end up with more stuff on the sale than we expected, which will be a good thing.

It occurs to me we bought a nice little scroll saw at the storage place sale a while back, and I've been too busy to remember we have it except when I cuss it out because it's in my way when I need to use my radial saw. But now that I've recalled owning it, I can think of a dozen different ways I want to use it, mostly making some cute wild bird projects of various kinds. Now I really want to get the west corner of the garage cleared out! Then I'll have a spot for the saw. I think I better get some spare blades for the scroll saw at Menards, too. A new toy! I thought of this because of the gray paint I need to use up, and the idea of using it on a new bird feeder since I want to trash at least half of the ones we have that are so damaged and look terrible. Maybe I'll get one or two simple ones done before winter. I can hope!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, had a good report at the eye doctor, but my trouble is on the outside of the eye, so now I have an appointment to see a neurological ophthamologist. Did make it to the bank and post office today. Also got my scripts for my class that begins on Saturday. Now I have to work on lesson plans. DH is mowing the yard. Picked pears at my neighbors. Got some bad ones for my chickens and taking a box to the food pantry on Thursday. Looks like I will probably get some and make pear preserves. I can't seem to let stuff go bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-remember zip yties was where the coversation started. I just have to get DH moving. Oh course he's still working tonight so thats hard.

Think I will start the steaks now regardless-famished

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally figured out what will work well for the trailer tailgate: Lid latches for pop up campers. Amazon wants $20 each for them. I found a four pack on eBay, NIP, for $26.50. Perfect! Two for the tailgate, and two spares for the camper in case we get caught out in the back of beyond with a busted latch, which has happened before with a different pop up. Shoulda had at least one spare in the tool bag years ago, duh! So now we're covered for both trailers. Can't wait to get these! So we won't be able to put a check mark next to the trailer project for probably a week, but we can put some screws in the tailgate and still use the trailer, so that's the main thing right now.

Husby pushed the trailer out of the garage, and then we moved the cabinets out of the cabin. So I can start stripping those tomorrow. Hope I can have that done by the end of the week. It sure made a difference to move four feet of kitchen cabinets out of my little office. Those will go into the back porch once they're refurbed, and provide good storage we need back there.

Poor Husby. He feeds the cats their snack every day at this time, and every time, Jack has to reach out and slap him in the face from Jack's spot on the top shelf of the cat tree. Too funny! We're generally opposed to declawing cats but we're so glad we made an exception for that boy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    Working on baby shower list of everything we need to take....
    All my ingredients
    What I need to buy.

Ugh Friday can not come soon. Enough
    Washing all of antique quilts to use.. washing my crystal
    Packing car..ugh....

Did I say Friday can not come soon enough..

I am not a decoration type person..I am not a finger food person.. fru fru fancy stuff intimidates me..
    Ugh..

I am making 10 lbs of chicken salad making 60 sammies
    2 crockpots full of meatballs
    2 large bowls of baked potatoes salad. . Paige asked for
    1 large bowl of dorito salad

Cake, chips, punch, fruit tray, veggie tray, another Sammie, dorito salad, spaghetti salad, cheese balls and crackers. . Are being provided by other hostesses. . Punch.

I figure if I can't fancy it up fru fru style. No Will Make Sure No One Is hungry. When they leave..
    The last 2 baby shovers I went to.
    One was fancy. Beautiful decorations. . 3 dips for food and cup cakesn left there starving.
    The second was not decorated fancy just balloons and pink. table clothes. So much food....
    I hope that paige and her friends will decorate it very pretty and we will feed them good..they are in charge of the decorations. .

Pray for me to get through this.. hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You'll do great, Pen! But I know how you feel. I always felt like that when we had to host potlucks, too. But guess what, every single one of those turned out great and so will your shower.

It's a dark day here today, but I'm working in my cabin. Yes, here I am, talking to you in spite of having stupidly cut the phone line doing dirt work. Husby was all set to spend $100+ to run new DSL cable out here, but last night I said I'd rather put that money into a new wireless desktop for me at a later date. I said I'd check and see if my laptop would work out here now that we moved the modem into the house. Well, the signal is wall to wall, so we're good! Easy solution, no money spent and no work involved, and in fact, I might like it better not to have internet on demand out here on my desktop. It would be much less of a distraction. The sticky part is I hate my monitor which is too small now that I have senior eyesight, even after surgery. Maybe we'll find a used one somewhere. We slipped up and didn't buy one at the FD sale. It was in a box with a mouse, keyboard, speakers, and other components and we could have gotten the whole works for $3. How dumb were we not to grab it? That monitor was a bit small too, but at least it was a flat screen. Can't complain for not thinking fast enough on that sale, though, considering how well we did do. Did I mention I love my chair and my new TV shelf?

I found some more stuff out here for the sale and got some more stuff up off the floor. I have a ways to go but it's looking much better than yesterday and ten times better than a couple months ago when we had to go sideways to walk across the room. At least now I can see part of the floor. I also checked if the new fan cord for the dorm fridge would reach the outlet and it's plenty long, so now I can finish that up and find out if I'll be keeping that fridge or not. I cleaned the fridge, too, so it's ready as soon as the new fan is in. The biggest clutter problem left out here in the whole place now is the abundance of picture frames. Not sure what to do about them, but they'll need to be sorted at some point.

No painting on the trailer today unless it clears up, and it's not supposed to. This is how it's gone all summer, us making plans and then the weather messing it up. Oh, well, at least the trailer can be used now and it won't take much to slap the last coat of paint on the cap rails some sunny day. I don't know about starting the stripping of the cabinets either, when it's thundery and threatening rain. I don't want to work in there with the door shut because it's just too dark. So I think I'll keep sorting stuff and getting my office back in order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-be right over and leaving my diet at home!!

Hey all,hugs gotta run out the door to do the rescue today. Sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, when is your appointment? I know you'll be glad to find out what the issue is.

SD, great progress on the cabin.

fw, have a good day at the rescue.

om, I've given many baby showers and I firmly believe the people there would rather have plenty of good food than lots of fancy decorations. Just using a pink cloth (or disposable table covers from Dollar Tree), some big pink bows, pretty and inexpensive tableware (again--Dollar Tree), and pink punch is great. I've always liked to have a nice floral centerpiece but it's not really necessary since flowers are so expensive. Blow up some pink balloons and tie them to the chair the mom-to-be will sit in. Easy, cheap, and pretty. But the food is what's important.

pinetree, how is your back doing the past couple of days?

Today is a sad day for us. We took our cat Wolfie to the vet because he was dropping weight, kept holding his mouth open, was drooling, and was lethargic. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with a large mouth tumor that, at his age (13), would be very risky, and possibly ineffective, to remove. So the decision was relatively easy. He's now buried in our backyard under a dogwood tree. DH and Wolfie had become really close recently and he cried as much as I did. Anyway, the vet and the tech were wonderful and so was the office staff.

So any list for today may or may not be completed...

For Wednesday:

1) Bloodwork DONE
    2) Bank DONE
    3) Kroger
    4) Get Walmart list together---forgot this yesterday
    5) Vacuum downstairs
    6) Work some more going through parents' stuff

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry I love chocolate. .hugs my pets are getting up there in age

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, Oh, I am So sorry!! Its so hard to let a furbaby go. It leaves such a hole in your heart.
    I'm doing better, thanks for asking. how are you doing? Is it still cooler there?

GM, hope you find out what wrong with your eye. You are like me, I hate seeing food go to waste. We take alot of our extra fruit ang veggies over to the senior center, they can always use extra food.

OM, all that food sounds wonderful, everything will be ok, try to have a good time. Dont forget to take pictures! Friday will be here before you know it!

FW, did you get the fence figured out? have fun today.

hikr00, swimmimg?

RABBIT, how sil doing? How are you? Hope you got some rest.

SD. I really wish you could send me some energy!! I need something!!

Still have pineapple in fridge to can, maybe can get it done today. Either that or throw it in the freezer,
    There is nothing on sale at 3 of the stores, maybe king soopers or safeway will have something. Coffee was on sale the last few weeks so I got stockpiled on that for the winter.
    The news just said our earliest snow was sept 3. oh, I hope that is no where in the near future!! Its suppose to cool off for the long weekend, but hope it stays warmer, the tomatoes are riping, and we have started piling them in the freezer to can later. I found a tomato jam recipe, so think I will try it, Thanks OM!
    Finally got a load of green beans and snow peas. This garden is just really late, they keep saying we have had 3 springs now, still no summer. Thinking about planting fall crop of spinach and lettuce, notice I said thinking...

dinner, chicken diablo, brocolli, grilled pineapple

todays list
    clean out fridge
    change out air lines
    check for grocery sales
    cancel appt.

Have a nice day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.