2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 165
Page 165 of 271 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

42 people have rsvp....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, boy are you going to have fun!! Thats alot of people, you will have to take notes and tell us all the good stuff!! Hey, can you eat a big bite of that potato salad for me? Thanks, and a prayer sent up for you!! Have fun!!!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, biggest hugs. I'm so sorry about your kitty. It's never easy no matter how sick or old they are.

I hardly ever say I quit, but I quit. I worked on stripping the two cabinet doors all afternoon and I don't see any way to get the paint out of the wood grain of that oak. Not without spending a lot more time, money, and energy than I'm interested in putting into it anyway. I just cleaned up the mess out in the garage and now don't know where to go with the toxic waste. I think I have it temporarily under control. As soon as we get out of town again, we can drop it off at the appropriate dump. The stripper wash has to be allowed to dry 24 hours before I can paint, so it'll be Friday before I can start that. Sometimes things just don't go right, and this is one of those times. The good news is I don't have to buy paint, and in the end I'll have cabinets that match the antique hutch that's also in the back porch, which I also painted.

On the plus side, I finished making the fridge fan and installed that, and started the fridge with a couple bottles of water in it. Can't wait to see if they freeze or not. I hope not. I think the fan circulating that cold air coming off the little freezer in there will be enough to even out the temps so I can use that fridge like it's meant to be used. I want to put pop in there that won't explode, and some fruits and veggies for healthy snacks. No way can I do any of that the way that thing used to work.

I also got the hanging bird waterer out of the pile of feeders on the front deck, cleaned that up, and hung it. It's been sitting there neglected for years so I figured I don't have to care if the bear destroys it.

We decided to use a dark green paint in the bathroom. Don't ask me why because we normally hate dark paint inside the house. But we're being bold. Also cheap, because we already own a few gallons of the paint so won't have to spend any more money on paint right now.

Pinetree, I wish someone would give me some energy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just getting around to responding.
    OM--Baby shower will be wonderful!
    Spirit--I need to hire you to come fix stuff for me since DH is too busy.
    ILC-I go to the doctor on Sept. 16th. I woke up this morning with a black eye. Don't know what happened.
    Frugal-Have a great day at the rescue.

Went to therapy and then to visit friend in the nearby hospital. Went on to Kroger to get groceries and found corn 8 ears $1. Bought and split and put in freezer for winter. Doing laundry and just put DH's cobbler in the oven since I didn't do it yesterday. I am 58 and all of this is quite overwhelming. I thought I would just have fun and travel as I got older. What a myth!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I think thats the first time I have heard that out of your mouth!! " I Quit " I do that alot anymore, since it seems I get frustrated easy anymore!

GM, oh goodness, a black eye, thats horrible!
    I'm 62 and have never been this overhelmed either, looks like my traveling days will never happen. It sounds like you are doing very well. You are getting around doing alot!

I am going thru a mess of low, no salt recipies, trying to find something really good!! The no salt seems to have sugar, the no sugar has high fat, low fat had salt. No fat, no salt, no sugar, low carbs, anything come to anyones mind? funny I am not losing weight like crazy.. well at least not gaining.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, hang in there. I see so many people in therapy that has no hope of ever walking again. I can walk even though I was paralyzed on one side. Sure gives you a whole different perspective on life. Don't guess I ever realized how close I came to death.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all,i'm back

So sorry ILC-there is no age that makes it ok. We have a few cats that had mouth surgery and I don't agree. Big hugs sent throughout your day.

Pinetree-thinking about it still

It is super hot today-like 90 but worse w/ the high humidity. Rescue went ok. It's hard that they know me now. Got a few new ones as always. Got to talk to a few more staff and volunteers. Pretty good day. Feeling kinda dizzy from the heat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I had a cat that lived to be 20 and she is buried near my porch. I also have two dogs buried near her. So sorry for your loss. Only animal lovers understand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, check out some South Beach Diet books from the library and see if you see anything. The salt might be the problem with those, but maybe that could be adjusted. But they're usually low fat, low carb, and therefore low sugar. You shouldn't aim for no fats. You need fat in your diet, but it needs to be the right kinds in the right amounts. SBD is good about that, too.

I can usually figure out ways to fix problems, but as I looked at the cabinets I concluded they're low end cabinets and aren't worth the money for more stripper and all the work and time, especially since they're just for the back porch. But I'm especially happy about the vanity we just bought now, because the cabinets I was working on today were supposed to go into the master bathroom but I wouldn't want them to be painted and not match anything else in there, and I sure wouldn't consider painting that beautiful tall oak cabinet we bought last spring. I'm feeling extra lucky to have found the nice vanity that will be a close match to the woodwork and the other cabinets already in there, and all I have to do with it is wash it down with Murphy's and maybe hit it with some furniture polish and a few other minor mods. I would have been really upset if I was doing this project for the bathroom and found out I had to paint them. They're also in rougher shape than I remembered, so it seems like everything is working out like it should.

I cannot think of a good non-food reward for myself for hitting a weight loss goal, which I haven't hit yet. That's why I need the incentive. But I've been trying for months to think of something I want and I can't come up with anything. Am I lucky or what? A little while ago, I thought I had it. I want a straw dispenser or container for my office. So I looked at Amazon and eBay and found a couple prospects, but then glanced at our fireplace mantle. A couple years ago at GW I found a cute little clear glass lid shaped like a deer. Of course I had to have it, deer being my spirit helpers and all, and since it didn't have a container to go with it, I looked around the store and found a perfect yellow glass vase to go with it. We used it for storing firestarters on the fireplace but since we hardly ever have a fire, we quit using it. It's going to be a perfect straw holder for me! But I still don't have a non-food reward for myself. The only thing I can think of is a new monitor for my desktop, but I think that needs to be a reward for getting my next novel ready to submit to publishers. That would be a pretty big reward, too. At the least, I need to wait and make sure I actually start using my office again. At any rate, I'm happy about the latest repurpose of the firestarter holder into a straw container. I'm moving back into my office, reclaiming my little playhouse and nesting in it. I've always loved that space. And to think, we got it completely by accident.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-what about doing something you never do but forget to do. We are going to go bowling soon. I haven't bowled since I dislocated my Elbow 15 yrs. ago and he hasnt since his accident 11 yrs ago. Should be interesting.
    Next summer I need to go through the bikes and fix some and lose some.

Just had a bad storm blow though and I got very sick. Strange. I guess I am a weather vane now-great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning all
    Feeling much better today so far. Thought I was going to the hosp.yesterday.

Take DD to work
    work at rescue 12-4
    do laundry this morning that should have been done yesterday
    unload dishwasher
    Call dentist for cleaning?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    Hope everyone is well
    I need up feeling overwhelmed with all the food I had to prepare. . So very unfrugal I ordered 2 Sammie trays cost me 100..
    So I still have meatballs, potato salad, dorito salad. .

Today laundry and bathroom..that is it..

Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, you'll get it all done. And once you do, you'll be surprised how much fun you'll have at the shower.

Gbug, yes, I know what you mean about travel, etc. Retirement is wonderful but it's different than I thought. So far we only do day trips due to finances. And finances are due to still helping kids. But someday.....

Glad you've got the dr appointment.

fw, it's so easy to get attached to those critters. That's strange about being sick due to the weather---does it have something to do with the barometric pressure changes? It affects my head, sinuses, etc.

SD, so what if a project isn't working out? Think of the ones that have.

pinetree, hope you get all the pineapple done today. And I hope the snow stays away for a while.

We are okay about Wolfie. I Googled "oral cancer in cats" and some of the pictures were exactly what he had. It has a poor prognosis and a high mortality rate. So we feel we did the right thing. He was starting to suffer, we think.

Then last night a new trauma. I was out in the front yard looking for one of our cats to bring her in when I saw a neighbor's cat get hit and die. I ran and got the neighbor, and the lady who hit it turned around and came back, and I had to reassure her that it wasn't her fault---the cat ran right across the road into her path. She couldn't have stopped in time, and she wasn't speeding, so I hope that she felt a little better about it after we talked. 3 other motorists stopped to help while we were dealing with the situation. It was just one of those really sad events that really was no one's fault. But it shook me up. Last night's sleep wasn't the best...

I was up and gone to get my hair done at 10 but my hairdresser wasn't there. I checked my texts and discovered my appointment is at 11:30. DUH I came home and checked my calendar (I'm a visual/kinethestic learner) and sure enough, it's 11:30. Where I got 10 from is anyone's guess. At least I drove only about 10 miles roundtrip.

For Thursday:

1) Hair appointment 11:30 not 10:00
    2) Pick up prescriptions
    3) Vacuum upstairs DONE
    4) Scrub kids' bathroom DONE
    5) Empty and scrub litter box
    6) Maybe grocery store and/or Walmart

Have a good one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-sorry you had to witness that. They say 3 yrs. on an outside cat and 15 yrs. on an inside one! I used to let mine wander in the back but not anymore. Better safe than sorry.

Sick again today. flushes and a headache. Guess I cant blame it on the weather. I am not going in today. Annoyed w/being ill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm okay with not stripping the cabinets. In fact I'm happy I can justify not doing it because it's going to be much quicker to paint them, and I just want to get that project done. It's strictly utilitarian and nothing special, so good enough will be good enough.

Got the trailer painted and all the touch-ups done. I used up some of the leftover paint undercoating some parts of the cabinets, since the color will be going from grass green to light blue. The gray trailer paint is not that much different than the light blue, so it'll help the blue cover better. Now we just have to do install some hardware so we're down to a few minutes of simple work. Husby is taking next week off to get some work done around here, and I'm hoping that work includes a major purge of crap from the garage. We've generated a lot of useless scraps over the summer doing small things like adding shelving to the cabinets we've bought and stuff like that, so that all needs to go now. Besides, we want to sell our NIB wood splitter we'll never use, and it's buried in there somewhere.

The temp in the fridge today was 34, so I turned it up a little warmer. I'll check it later, but it seems like the temp is more even. I sure hope so.

I rounded up my fancy shmancy T-ware tumblers to use for water in my office, since I'm not going to start buying bottled water when I have a perfectly good well. I'm such an optimist I'm planning on the fridge being corrected by the fan. Then I rounded up a little plastic caddy I've had for years and not done much with. I bought it at Dollar Tree with some kind of plan that didn't work out, but it nicely holds the six pack of T-ware for carting it back and forth to my office. I put the tumblers in the fridge and the only place they fit is right next to the freezer, so now I'll find out for sure if it's going to freeze in there. It's killing me not knowing if the fan will do the trick or not.

Sorted a few more things for the sale. I'm already wishing that was over because I want to know how much of that stuff is going to sell and be out of our hair, finally.

Husby found someone with three or four strong teenage boys who is very interested in the pool table. He said we'd get an answer today but it sounds promising. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It would be too good to be true if we could get rid of that thing this weekend.

I've been informed we're going to do another trip out of town to Menards. Not looking forward to it. But we bought some wrong stuff for the gutter project and didn't buy some stuff at all, so we have to go back. Oh, well. It's an opportunity to get more concrete blocks for the greenhouse, at least. We've also decided to sell the table Husby was going to use in his office, so we're now looking for a used desk.