2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 166
Page 166 of 271 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, stay in bed, keep warm, and drink lots of fluids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, hope you're better soon. That's the same data our vet gave us for inside and outside cats, too. Ours can go outside in an enclosure, so no danger of traffic unless they escape. I do worry about raptors, but our vet said they're better off to be able to enjoy themselves and get fresh air and exercise even with the small risk of being carried off by an eagle, so we live with that in the daytime and keep them inside at night.

More fun and games with the insurance company. They reviewed the tape of my conversation with their rep wherein I asked about coverage, and concluded I was not given misinformation. I would have to agree with that, but I wasn't given specific info, either. The rep today said I should appeal and that she thought I had a good chance of getting them to pay. But I doubt she's the one making a decision. She also told me the insurance company cannot tell our health care system not to give me a referral, which is what I was told by someone who spoke to the medical director about this issue. And I know that's accurate because I made her repeat it three times because it was so outrageous I wanted to write it down verbatim. Insurance also said if I can get a primary care doc to give me a referral, this whole mess will go away. I put in a call to our doc and also the doc who saw me for the pre-op, so I hope we can get something done. At any rate, I'll be putting my writing skills to work trying to walk them through everything I was told and when and by whom, in hopes they'll decide to pay these bills. They should. It's not like we're asking for coverage we wouldn't have been eligible for at all. This is a paperwork snafu, so really, what's it to them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

slept in, enough said.. I am thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought that bed??!! lol

ILC, omg, what a horrible morning you are having, I am So sorry!! Are you OK? How sad, I havent even seen the furbabies and am in tears, up I get attached with all of them! Hope you love you new hair do!!

FW, Please feel better soon, you dont need to go into fall being sick.. yep, do what ilc said!

RABBIT>> yooo hooo,, RABBIT !!!! screaming till I can only squeek... starting to get worried..

Ayanka, hope you arent working too hard.

OM, overhelmed?? You are such a great cook, you will have that stuff whipped up in a couple hours!! You have always said you are a good cook!! Have a fanstastic time at the shower!!

GM, Yea, I know what you are talking about, I still cant get it in my head how close to death I was, its like the drs. dont know what they are talking about. It sounds like you are doing great!

SD, put chicken wire over the top of the pen, use zip ties to hold it together, we have a brace or two on top to hold the wire up, especially during snow storms. I have an owl and a hawk always watching my cats, they go after my birds alot, they sure arent afraid of us either, DH tells me not to get into it with them, but if they have one of my cats, you better believe Theres going to be one heck of a fight on and I can guarentee I wont be the loser, I might be beat up, but they arent getting my pets. lol Hope you get alot done today..
    I'm scared to hit the library,since they had the bedbugs,, Maybe I can hit another town.

Keep fighting that Ins. it stinks how they keep doing this to people..

Hi to everyone I forgot,

Looks like we have the monsoon moving back in, rain the next 3 days? That ok cailfornia need the rain bad, we could use aliitle too.
    Been having some good nightmares, one rigthh after the other... kinda brings down a dark cloud over a person. Not sure what is going on, I need to pay more attention and figure them out.

DH made rolls for french dip, with out salt, boy are they good, and I am not a bread eater, but these will be really nice to make smaller and use for my tuna sandwich, or smoked chicken, oh yum!!

today
    run, empty dishwasher, thought I just did this! lol
    find jars
    freeze mushrooms
    clean bathrooms

french dip, dilly beans, potatoes

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww thank u pinetree..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I CAN HEAR YOU PINETREE! Heard you all the way in the house and my windows were closed! Ha,ha!!

I am having the most difficult time keeping up with this thread. I know I'm going to be pages behind so I don't even log in because I don't have time.

ilc - so sorry to hear about your cat. You did what you had to do and it's never easy. I say that putting an animal out of misery is the last show of love you can do. You take on the pain (heartache) so they don't have to be in pain. Hugs.

SIL is doing well. I am having both SIL's and their husbands and niece over for brunch on Sunday. Probably won't be around for a few days. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, it's impractical to put a cover over our entire dog/cat yard, but thanks for the idea. Our kennel is 10x40 and we fenced our septic mound too, since it was about the only place we could sink posts, plus the cat yard is a rubble pile of boulders scraped off to build the septic mound, and that's another area about 50x60. I'd hate it if a raptor got one of our cats but nothing in life is risk free. Mostly, they stay in the boulder pile hunting mice and I don't think a bird would be able to get them very easily in there. So far, so good, and they've been going out there since 2003 without any incidents. ~fingers crossed~ They're older now and go out less, which I can't say makes me unhappy. I'd rather they stay in.

Thanks, about the insurance. I think there's plenty of blame to go around. I just hope we can get it taken care of soon. I have a call in to both doctors but they're both most likely out till next week. Our regular doc is really hard to get hold of.

I checked my fridge again and it was at 42, so I turned it colder again and moved the thermometer and spread out the water containers in different shelves to see if any will freeze overnight.

Got my list made for Menards again. It's a short list and will still cost us hundreds, mostly for gutter stuff. Now that the trailer project is as good as done, I'm taking aim on the gutters. Too bad it's supposed to be rainy next week.

I salvaged an old wood panel door a while back. At the time I had no idea what to use it for, but now that we're going to redo the sink alcove in the bathroom, it seems like it might make a nice, unique frame for the mirror. I measured this AM and the width is perfect and the height can be cut down. It even has the old knob still on it. I'm thinking it would be cool painted with crackle paint, maybe white underneath and light green on the top coat. I'm not sure about it yet but I want something unique and yet free. LOL. I never ask for much...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, lol I thought maybe you were sleeping and yelled alittle louder to wake you up!! Have a great weekend!! Just get on and say Hi, we will understand! SO good to hear SIL is feeling so good!
    hugs

OM, you are So welcome!! Remember you are the one who told me how to fix my potato salad with sour cream!! smile... hugs

SD, well you could cover the entire yard, its a project that you would take on!! Ours has a cat door that goes into their pen, its maybe 26x16? We put it up so they could get sunshine, the vet says they dont get any thru the screens on the windows. My outside cats are on their own, we have enough stuff planted here and there its hard for the big birds to swoop and grab, but they can stll do it. The clothes line is just in the right place they dont have a clear runway.. I guess you wouldnt need to worry about your dogs.

DH picked me up one of my favorite snacks, sliced almonds, I cant seem to be able to put them down... Hes laying down, so will do the pineapple tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just now getting around to writing. Sounds like many of you need to rest and relax. I called to see what time my cardiologist appointment was and I didn't even have one. Did 2 mystery shops today and paid some bills. Later took a box of pears to the food pantry to give away. Along the way I stopped at Aldi's and picked up blackberries and peppers. Also stopped at Target to get me free chocolate spread. Finally made it to Tractor Supply to buy bird seed . They had 20 lb. bags for $5.99 and my birds appreciated it. Been seeing a lot of monarchs, hummingbirds, and now I have a yellow swallowtail. Something is eating my basil. Gonna go out tonight to see if I can find out what. Still hot in Texas. No rain for awhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mmmmm, almonds. Especially if they're smoked!

I think it would have to be a pterodactyl to swoop in and snatch up Sota! Or a velociraptor. He weighs sixty pounds. That would be quite a sight, seeing an eagle trying to carry his big self away!

Nah, I have too much else to do to cover the whole yard.

Our cats can get out through a cat door into our screen room. Cody loves it, Jack and Chester go out there once in a while because they like the back yard better since they can hunt there, and Cady just vultures the cat door waiting for Cody to come in so she can slap her, the brat. Poor Cody is at the bottom of the pack around here and Cady likes to bully her. Cady never goes outside and never wants to.

Husby went under the house to check the TV connections to the cabin, since my TV out there was nothing but snow. Sota had to go along and help him, and Chester tried because it's inconceivable to Chet that anything should happen around here that he does not get to inspect. Luckily, I was able to catch him before he got in there since I was guarding the opening to the crawl space, but Chester sat there and I could see the wheels turning as he tried to figure out how to get in there without me noticing. Husby got the TV so the sound is okay and the picture can be seen now even though it's snowy. It'll be nice to have that much, even. He's planning to rewire the TV cable for the entire property, but who knows when? I've been waiting for that for fifteen years at least, and tripping over the damn cables running on the floor all over the house the whole time. We don't rush into anything around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-I was going to suggest an old tennis net or trampoline net because it would flex but that is a bit much to cover.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I unloaded the DW,threw out some old clothes,swept and vaccumned the front room,picked up DD.
    We hit the CVS and I found monkeys on stretchy string and stick for cats for .50 clearance so 12 will go to the rescue. I am so proud of DD. She made those cat nip toys out of old pet fabrics I had-super cute. She did 10 and is willing to do more. Kickers is what they are called.

I stayed home from the rescue and rested. I called in and left a message. I got an E-mail that an old volunteer was back and I wouldnt need to do Thurs. anymore. I was going to ask just that when I got back because 2 days in a row is too much. The dogs are acting up too. Now, I am just wondering if I did something wrong? I don't think so. Either way I have to admit it's a bit boring at times.

We just had a monsoon of a rainstorm w/ many branches down in the neighborhood and then a second I will scope out in the morning. Something wrong w/me.I love to drive around after a storm and see whats down (not wanting anyone hurt of course.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, there's no good way to put a ceiling on the pet enclosures here. There've been a lot of eagles around lately but I'm hoping they're not interested in the cats. They have lots of other prey. I did see an eagle fishing the other morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have eagles galore up where Ds was at school but not so much here. Almost positive I saw 1 a few months ago. I figure it was from the Saginaw sanctuary N of here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahahaha! I take it back about the velociraptors! Apparently I know nothing about them, since everything in the Jurassic Park movies is wrong! Velociraptor, the Feathered Menace of Cretaceous Asia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-so beware of Asian mysterious strangers selling chickens door to door. I actually knew that from doing um helping DD w/ homework. No,no sir,Iwould not like to buy any eggs?
    Need to throw a load and go to bed. I have stupid silly brain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I do it too---ride around after a storm to see what it did.

Gbug, I hope you get some rain soon. We're supposed to have rain over the weekend which should help lower the temps.

RABBIT--that's great about your SIL!

pinetree, stay safe in all the rain. Yea to your DH for finding the bread. And the almonds. My doctor told me that almonds and walnuts are a good snack for women. Can't remember why, but who cares--gotta do what the doctor says, right?
    Hi to everybody else...

For Friday:

1) Cooking and baking for the weekend
    2) Enjoy my family

Have a good Friday, ladies.