2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 167
Page 167 of 271 FirstFirst ... 67117157164165166167168169170177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-love nuts. Almonds and walnut were good. Laxatives,fiber,source of calcium,stops you from eating choc.?,well as much choc, ok maybe just a few choc.covered nuts.... Fat,whose fat?

Got my days reduced at the animal shelter to 1 days instead of 2 in a row. Much better for me. My pets were freakin' a bit.

Better get to the laundry today. It is gloomy but going to clear,at least its noe that muggy heat we had!!
    more vaccumning
    Maybe make this pumpkin spice cake mix Igot at Big Lots for DH-$1. or I have a pie to make too??
    3 cats to the vet around 2ish and DD from work at about the same time?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TGIF, YIPPPEEE The long weekend begins!!!

ILC, hows the haircut? Yep love the nuts!! I HAVE to have them all the time. Only thing I dont really care for is peanuts, but adore peanut butter?! So, glads you have the family together this weekend! Thanks, you stay safe too!

SD hahahaha, no, I dont have and big chickens flying around trying to get my cats,, rotf!! I was ready to see this angry giant horrible looking bird thing!! Have fun shopping and hope you get alot done!

GM, Is you eye getting better? Have a great weekend.

OM, thinking about you today!! HAppy Shower!! I hope everyone just loved your food!! Let us know how much fun you had!! hugs

Hi to everyone I didnt get,

closed the business until next Tues. now if people would quit calling!!
    I have no idea what the plans are for the weekend, our son doesnt get it off, DIL, shes thinking about working too, so guess I will just sit here and enjoy my furbabies. Dh is trying to get income tax done, its got to be in by Oct 15. Not doing this again. We are starting on next years after this one is done, no more extensions.

today
    empty dishwasher
    load with jars, run, unload dishwasher, can pineapple
    cook, bag, freeze mussels.

Forgot to tell you we got 5#'s of mussels for 1.99 a lb. going to cook and freeze, then pull them out for a meal. oh yum... first I better see if I can eat them!

Have a beautiful weekend, expect something good!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok so I got the keys today. I didn't bring my camera, so I ll take pictures later on. Things were a little different than I remembered, which is due to my memory and the fact that last time the place was full of junk. The bad things are that they took a heater, which was not really in the agreement, but because it wasn't put in the paperwork it had to be there, there isn't a lot I can do about it. The other bad thing is they left some stuff. Its all considered junk and I am allowed to bill them for it, but I ll sort it through first and see what I can give away costfree. There are some pots and pans, that I should be able to send to the thriftstore without a problem. The sellers are a bit mentally challenged and probably on a very thight budget, so I don't want to make things worse for them. (Please note the problems with the sale were not their fault)

The good part is that the space is way bigger than I remember, especially the master bedroom. There also is a way newer stove than I thought, so I don't need to replace it, which I honestly was expecting. And even better it comes with more original 1959 than I thought. Which is good because back then, they built to last, rather than consuming things. So I can probably get away with giving the kitchen a very budget make over by peeling off all the ugly plastic and tarnishing the wood rather than having to put in a new kitchen in time. I also found out that what is now the bathroom apparantly has some kind of windowlike things in the sealing. That is good, because it means it would probably be possible to put a window in the roof there, which would get some desperately needed light in the downstairs which is underground at one side and has a door and a window at the back as it is now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratultions Ayanka!!! WTG!! Yippeeee!!! hip hip horray!!! I am so happy for you!! Can't wait for pictures!! You are going to just love it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, I'm so darn excited for you! Not much is more exciting than moving into a new place! And in spite of the junk and the missing heater, it sounds like the good news outweighs the bad by far! I can't wait to see pics! I bet even if it's not perfect, it's beautiful, and it's a blank palette you can put your own personality into. I know your old place has some bad memories and other reasons you wanted to leave there, and as soon as you can move, you'll never have to think about that old place ever again. And this new place will be all yours!

Nuts are good for your heart, but only in very small doses if you are watching your weight. They really pack a calorie punch. I just weighed a bunch of peanuts into individual servings to help me with my portion control and 14 grams of peanuts makes a 2 point serving. That's less than two tablespoons or 1/2 oz, which is way less than a handful. I HATE THAT! It just never seems fair when something good for me still has to be so limited.

I made a little storage system today for storing pre-measured portions in the pantry. A while back I bought some folding locker shelves for the pantry NIP at GW, and then later salvaged four little fridge trays, which I hadn't done anything with. It occurred to me today the little trays might be a close fit for the shelves, and they are. Two fit perfectly on one shelf. I've been messing up badly with portions lately so I need to get back to using my daily bento and also pre-portioning dry foods so I'm not dragging out the scale for everything. So I hauled out my carefully collected Tupperware and food scale and portioned out my WW frosted wheat cereal, Wheat Thins, rice cake crisps, and the peanuts. I hope that'll help. I'm up two pounds and this time I know it's real weight, not salt, so time to get back on the wagon. It's like Prevent ended and it gave me permission to misbehave, which is stupid. I'm wasting the best opportunity I'm likely to ever have with the eight months remaining of Sustain, and if I don't make real progress I'm going to regret it so much. Why do I want to gain back the twenty I lost? Why am I satisfied only losing twenty? I have a long ways to go yet. At any rate, every time I learn a new trick to help me in any way possible to control my weight, I get such a sense of satisfaction. The little shelving unit really made me happy. I have to make space for the second set-up, but at least now I know how well it'll work out when I do.

Hot as heck out there today. Hate that, too. I'm taking a day off from painting and most everything else today. I'm just tired, and tomorrow will be a tiring day unless we decide to stay home. But then again, why wouldn't we want to drive fifty miles on one of the most dangerous highways in the state on one of the busiest travel days of the year in what's supposed to be bad weather?

Maybe I'll sew today. Still have to piece the fabric for the seat cushion on the NTM glider rocker. Or maybe I'll just sit here and crochet. We have errands after work but that's a few hours from now.

Anyone else watching Big Brother? Or Under The Dome?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Can't believe summer's over already. It flew by like always.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--hope you didn't have any damage from the storm.
    Went to therapy and then to the theatre to get ready for my class tomorrow. Good mail day: Free magazine, poster, 4 K cups, and lotion. Gotta rest and then get up and clean my house. Have a safe holiday weekend everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok ta dones for today:

1. Work an hour overtime because it was necessary, this was today, even though I did sleep after it.
    2. Pick up my keys and get some minimal paperwork signed for the utilities.
    3. Pick up the barbeque I had ordered and delivered close to my house (the one I live now is an apartment, the house is the new place). I didn't think it would be that big, so I caried it home. The weight wasn't the problem, but gosh is it big. The more fun is it going to be when I can use it though.
    4. Sort through part one of the junk of the previous owners. So far I found a ton of paper to be recycled, which is free inhere and I can just put on the curb. I also found some pots and pans etc, stuff that my mum offered to take to their local thrift store, which will be glad to have it. Most of the rest I can take to the container park for free, and whatever remains I can probably put in the normal trash and just bill them for that. Only the mountain of DVRs? (the black little boxes we used to record video's on when I was little) might be hard to get rid of without extra costs. And I found a can of free paint. For metal, so I don't think I can use it, but my parents might. Or someone at the thrift store is gonna have the score of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-technically peanuts are legumes not nuts,nuts grow on trees so you still love nuts!!! Hmmm.I need to drive a country road and see if I can pilfer some black walnuts that fell on the road.

AYANKA!!!!!SOexcitedfor youuuuuuuu! Thats awesome. We sleptin lawn chairs our first night. Kinda creepy/kinda romantic!

What a ridiculous day. I loaded up 3 cats,picked DD up from work after driving thru McEWWWs for the horrible buttermilk overcooked $4.75! chicken yucky sandwich and a lg.coke,and then hit the vet. I wuv. my vet. $128.00 3 cats/4 shots/3 exams. 2 more to go and I'm done. Glad I am feeling better.
    Poor Dh is running to the facilities now. Your welcome dear.! ooof.

Threw 1 load,guess I better run at least 1 more. Something easy w/ burger tonight. Spaghetti?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You could try out a little sample of the paint to see if it would work, if you don't want to paint metal with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I cant believe we didnt get any damage from the storm. I feel very fortunate.
    Happy labor day to everyone. Honestly,I forgot about it. DD will be at the Renaissance FEstival again w/ Dbf. I am defrosting chicken?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We lucked out with our last storm, too. It's a rare thing when we live surrounded by dense woods and nothing falls on a power line in high winds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yea,, yea yea, thats all I hear anymore, dont eat that, only a bite of that, you cant have that, geez... now I find out I'm not even eating nuts!! sob.. Well I dont care!! I am eating them anyway!! lol, I eat one at a time, so I feel like I eat alot but its only like 1/8th of a cup.

Black walnut, oh my do those sound good!! Hope you find quite a few.. I use to bring home bags of them from Minnesota years ago.. oh yum..

Got all my canning done and shell fish cooked and in the freezer, house is pretty well picked up and cleaned up so I'm ready for the next project, the kids bought a new kitchen cabinet, maybe I will try staining it, then again , maybe not??! I want to try an make tamales!!

Storms are moving in now, suppose to last until after midnight, bummer!! Hopefully its not a loud one and only rain, with no hail.

Glad you guys didnt have damage either!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey there!! I have had such a busy week. We've spent all or most of every day since Saturday with the grandbabies. While I have loved every minute of it I am so tired!!! I have fallen into bed each night and slept really well (for me) so that's a plus. But oh man...I needed a break today. We went out for lunch and did a couple of errands and took a nice long swim and tonight I will hit the hay early again. No real plans this weekend. There is a big weekend event not too far from our area and the traffic will be a nightmare so we are sticking close to home. I do need to go to the grocery store in the morning and pick up a few things. It's supposed to be hot and sunny all weekend so we are going to grill and swim and probably do a little more packing, cleaning and working on the new house. DH is going to move the fridge out tonight so he can paint behind it. Still making progress!!

Ayanka YAY!!! That's so great about the house! Can't wait to see pics!!

OM was the shower today?? So exciting!! Remind me again, when is the little one due?

Pinetree yes we were swimming LOL! We have gotten in almost every day. DH has missed a few days but I've been pretty regular at hopping in every day. Good exercise for me...I think I'm even getting a wee muscle in my upper arm. LOL!!

Grammarbug I like the mail days that you described. Freebies!

SD that's nuts about your insurance bucking the charges. I thought before the surgery that they were all on board and covering everything except the special lenses I think it was? And now they back out. Sounds like my bladder surgery. They authorized it then said "oh sorry, we can't cover this". And I was on the hook for the darn thing. I was unsuccessful in my fight but it was a different reason / different surgery and not deemed "medically necessary" whereas yours should be. Crazy

Niko how are you?

ILC so sorry about the few days you had with your babies and the neighbors baby. So sad But with your baby as much as it hurt you did the right thing. You have to do right by your pet and letting them go when it's time is the right decision even though it hurts so much.

Rabbit I'm so glad to hear your SIL is doing better!!

Hi to those I have missed!!

Tomorrow my list includes groceries, a little packing, a little cleaning and a lot of swimming. Have a good night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I hear the same thing about not eating this or that, and it's usually me saying it to myself. If only I could get myself to listen.

The whole insurance thing is annoying. I'm hoping they'll reverse their decision after I appeal it, but I'm not going to believe it till I see the statements all marked paid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-sorry to hear. Havent gotten billed for the "chemo shot" Dh got in the hosp. when he had kidney stones. They gave me an ins. report?-maybe it will count towards my deductible. lol

bought some Christmas China by corelle off a resale sight last night NIB. Going early to pick it up. I of course didnt need it but it will be for every day around Christmas.Yes,so silly.

Dh is going to lunch w/ a long time friend. I need to find a project. Definitely laundry but a cluter clearing project. hmm. I'd love to burn all the shreddable financials but we arent supposed to. Although,seems most people are gone....?
    I may do a pasta salad for this weekend.

OM-shower? did it go well?

Happy Labor Day!! (weekend)