2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 168
Page 168 of 271 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very tired...the shower was wonderful... the food was good..the games were fun..
    About 40 people showed up
    She got 2 100 gift cards..
    A stroller car seat
    4 home made blankets
    A blanket with her name on it Adalynn.
    2 silver boxes for first tooth and curl
    Plus so much more

What surprised me was my friends surprised me with me a brag book. And a charm with grandma on it for my Brighton bracelet.
    She was so happy

Will chat later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, the shower sounds wonderful! Did you have any leftovers? So glad it's over and now you can look forward to that sweet baby's birth.

Ayanka, the house sounds fabulous. Congratulations and many happy years of home ownership~

hikr, my dad used to say that the best thing about grands was being able to give them back to their parents I know you had fun with them.

fw, I need some Christmas tableware. I had a small set but pieces kept breaking so rather than pack it up after this past Christmas I gave it to the Rescue Mission. So now I have nothing. I love Corelle---it's all I've used for almost 40 years.

SD, good luck with the weight. I too have gained about 3 pounds this summer so I'm working to get it off.

pinetree, I like my haircut and I love the color. She never gets my bangs the way I like but all it takes for me to fix it is to part it a little different so it's no big deal. Mussels, huh? I've never eaten them. And if they're anything like oysters I won't eat them. Those things are nasty.

A great big friendly cat has been hanging out here the last couple of weeks so I guess he's ours. He likes to come in the house and drink from the kitchen faucet. He is really huge. A tabby with white low-cut socks, a white nose and chin, and a white bib. He's always making friendly overtures to all the other critters and to all people so we've named him Friend.

DS made it home last evening, ate supper, then went to hang out with friends. He texted about midnight and said he was going to stay with them and would see us in the morning. He just now rolled in, announced he was tired, and has gone to bed. Typical....but at least he's sleeping under our roof. He's moving back in December because living in Atlanta is costing him and us too much----his idea, not ours. He'll commute 2 or 3 days a week till he finishes. It'll save us close to $1000 a month, even with us supplying his gasoline. And I already provide a lot of his groceries.

For Saturday:

1) Bake ham, apple pie, and twice-baked potatoes
    2) Watch the Auburn game 3:30 WAR EAGLE
    3) General resetting of downstairs

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No many left overs at all..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, what a beautiful, different name for your new furbaby, I love it! He sounds like he is suppose to live with you. Glad you love your hair, wish I had the umph, to do that. I need to color my hair, but I never go anywhere to I guess its not that important. Have a wonderful time with your family all together, keeping you in my thoughts. Hugs
    I made alfredo sauce to go with the mussels, it was wonderful, I watched my salt all day so could have 1/2 cup of them, I didnt eat that many, but oh was it good. Have enough in the freezer for another meal. Mussels are kinda like oysters but have a milder flavor and arent as gritty, they are alot smaller and more like a clam texture. I am a seafood/fish lover, my son wont touch them.

SD, have fun shopping!! Hope you got all the things you need this time.

FW, Have a relaxing long weekend, I'm sure you will find something fun to do.

Hikr00, Maybe someday will see a grandbaby, but its not looking good.. the kids are just not sure. Sounds like you have a wonderful time, my Dad use to say the same thing, they are wonderful, but you can send them home, but he had my son all the time!! they were buds, my son still misses him dearly. Enjoy the weekend!

Ayanka, Have a good time, cleaning and moving and deciding whats going where,,,bet you are excited now!!

OM, i am so glad you had so much fun, bet you slept good last night!! Now when is she due again? Now we have that to look forward to! Same as ilc, was there any food left? lol.. Take care.

niko, still hoping things are going good.

Jen, thinking about you.

Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone.

today
    clean, label pineapple jars
    clean up kitchen
    make some cookies
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, yep, the good cook sticks!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a great theatre class this morning. Doing laundry and made blackberry cheesecake brownies for DH. Not doing to much this afternoon. Headed to Ed Sheeran concert later this evening. Got some new tennis shoes that I ordered in the mail today. Have a safe holiday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-019.jpg

This is a picture of the living room, which is quite big, but will need work to get it finished.

2015 To-Do Challenge-021.jpg

The bedroom, which I have been working on today. It is the first room I want to tackle, as it is the room I want to put the furniture in after moving.

2015 To-Do Challenge-024.jpg

A picture of the garden, which sadly needs a lot of removal of weeds.

Please forgive me for the short comments, I am just quite tired, so I ll post the pictures, only giving short comments. These are the rooms that are about ok and will not need a ton of work.
    Last edited by Ayanka; 09-05-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-025.jpg

This the kitchen, which needs a desperate cleaning and should be about alright. Though it might be a problem to get the electricity in order inhere.

2015 To-Do Challenge-030.jpg

And this is supposed to be the bathroom. There is a shower behind the door at the inside.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No food left.. she is due Oct 13.. we are still tired

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have fun Grammerbug, AyAnka beautiful home .I am. Wore out also... hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, how cute is that! You're going to have such fun getting it just the way you want. It looks so bright and nice in there, too. Even needing paint and new wallpaper, it looks so inviting because of the fireplaces. Is the third picture a little courtyard? Is it yours? It looks like someone was able to grow some things there. Maybe you'll be able to have a little container garden. Congratulations again! When are you moving in?

OM, I knew the shower would be fun. I'm happy for you that it was but also that it's over now so you don't have the stress and the expense, only happy memories.

FW, I have Christmas dishes too. I've had them for years now. I even bought matching tumblers at GW last year. I've never used any of them! LOL. But I still have good intentions, like always. Maybe someday.

Thanks, ILC. If only I just had a couple pounds to lose, but alas, it's more like about eighty. I can't quit now that I'm barely getting started. Glad your son is home. It sounds like a good plan for him to commute a few days a week to save that kind of money. That's great he came up with the idea. Most kids would want to stay more independent no matter how much it inconvenienced someone else. You raised him right.

Shopping is done, not a lot of fun today. Two of three thrift stores were closed for the holiday weekend, and we didn't find much at GW. We hit a garage sale and I got a cookbook from Brainerd, MN, for my diet buddy because she wanted hotdish recipes, fifty cents. I also got a WW cookbook for me, fifty cents, some fabric, and a round piece of glass for $1 that I plan to put on top of a cream can for an end table out on the deck.

Husby went back to the grocery store that overcharged us $1.25 for pop last week, to get his refund. So we ended up spending at least $30 on stuff we really didn't need. Very cost effective.

I picked up the accessory I wanted for the jerky cannon I got for $7 last fall, coincidentally at the same location where I got the cookbooks today. I got the accessory at L & M Fleet supply for $12. Amazon wanted $17 so that was a savings because it's already in the cart at Amazon just waiting for our order to be finalized, except of course we bought a bunch of other stuff there while we were at it. Most of that was more needful than at the grocery store though. We did get some larger, softer rope for the bikes so I'm hoping it doesn't hurt my hands to use that to haul them up out of the lake now. I stocked up on some herbs and spices I was getting low on, too.

Walmart sucked, again. Don't you think a place that sells all kinds of aquarium stuff would have aquarium sealer? This happens every stinkin' time we go there, I'm looking for some simple thing they should have, but they don't. The clerk was grumpy and literally threw our stuff at me when I wanted to use my canvas bags.

We took our hazardous household waste to the dump there. They have a room where people can take whatever they want because the workers there go through the stuff and set out what looks like it might be usable. We found nine items we think we can use so that was a little bit of savings. We'll be sure to check there again when we need stuff like that.

On the way back to town there, we stopped to say good bye to Mineview in the Sky, which is a small museum dedicated to the history of iron and taconite mining up here. We spent way too much money on souvenirs there. I got a big square hunk of taconite with a mining truck painted on it for $5. I love that! It's going in my office. We both got T shirts and a couple stickers, one that says Mineview in the Sky which I'm going to make into a pin for our pin map, and one for Ty's bumper that says Iron Range, Northeast MN. Mineview in the Sky is closing because the one or more of the taconite companies is going to move the state highway that runs past it, so they can mine under the highway. They will be building the highest bridge in Minnesota to span the mine pit that's already there. It's going to be interesting. We had a fun chat with the guy who was working there, about how he had hung out with Woody Harrelson and Charlize Theron and other celebs when they were filming the movie North Country a few years back. The guy we were talking to is actually in the movie for eight whole seconds as an extra. He said it was a lot of fun when they were making the movie. At any rate, we got our souvenirs since they're closing soon. Can't feel too bad about the money, since we didn't get to travel this year.

It was mostly a boring day but I think we did get everything this time. At least for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROFL! Sota decided to steal the snacks out of Sugar's dish, so she went and took his toy that's stuffed with his snacks. She's not eating them, she's just carrying the toy around the house, mocking him. It's hilarious! Husby is busy guarding him so he can't steal the toy back, and the look on his face is priceless. This is a complete turnabout that he's had his toy and snacks stolen. Poor Sota! It sucks when you're large and in charge and someone little and old gets the best of you. And your snacks, too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-love that name.
    Ayanka-that house has an inviting pull to me. A good cleaning and perhaps less wallpaper. Just love that little kitchen!!
    OM-see,you worried too much as I do. No L.O. is an excellent sign!
    SD-too tiredto even read all you do! So happy holiday.
    GB-seriously. Dont post the deliciousness. Blackberry cheesecake browniessssss! O man!

Hey to everyone else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I laughed so hard I spit out my water at the image of Sugar stealing Sota's snack stuffed toy! That is hilarious. What's funnier is that she's parading around and mocking him. OMG I love it!! Too funny. Someday I really need to get up to your area. I know next to nothing about mining so that would be fascinating to see. There are no mineral mines in Maine but they so excavate stuff like sand / gravel etc and we do have some quarries. But I don't think that's quite the same thing. People do dig for gemstones in southwest Maine. But still, nothing like what you describe in your area.

Ayanka that is a really cute place! I love how much natural light it has. Do you know when you might be able to move in? So exciting!!

Grammarbug blackberry cheesecake brownies sound yummy. How was the concert?

Pinetree did you make a low sodium alfredo sauce? I've googled a few but haven't taken the plunge to try that yet. We like chicken fettuccine Alfredo.

ILC I love your new Friend. <3 Sounds like he's found his new family. Having your DS home will be nice...nice cost savings and just nice to have him around. Your grandfather was right, the best thing about the grands is sending them back but you're right, we do love having them.

OM so glad all went well and it sounds like she got some wonderful gifts and so useful too. And I really love that your friends got you the brag book and the charm for your bracelet. That was so nice.

Today I need to zip to the pharmacy to pick up some prescriptions for DH. A swim is on tap and I have steak tips marinating for lunch. It's going to be a beautiful day so we're grilling. I think I'm going to do baked potatoes to go with them. Those are easy and I can toss them in the microwave. I found curtains for the living room in Target on clearance the other daya nd yesterday I took them down and held them up to the paint and I like them! I found some sheets that I like and bought those thinking I could make curtains for my room using those but holding them up to the comforter I bought I'm not sure the color goes. I may need to just use them as sheets and see what else I can find. I still need curtains for Master bath, kitchen door and window and I need to buy curtain rods also. I've got some but not all. DH got the painting done behind the fridge too. Now he needs to do the high stuff over the cabinets above the fridge. There are still some spots that need touching up though and we need to go through and get those. I finally got a chance to open up the desk I bought from my friend yesterday and I think I can put the printer in that desk too. It's a vertical desk so there are spaces down low for the printer, computer tower etc. And a shelf on top for the fax. So I think that will work nicely. My current desk is a large horizontal one and it was perfect when I had the business as I had a lot of equipment, papers etc I needed spread out when I transcribed but I don't need this much space now that I'm retired. And the room I will use as an office also doubles as my craft room and I'd much rather fill the space with craft stuff vs office stuff. LOL!

DH went to the Restore store yesterday with a friend and saw a sewing machine cabinet that might work for my machine. It is the kind where the machine is stored underneath so you can use it as a table for projects that don't require the machine. Right now I just have a long flat table I use for my machine and while that's fine the cabinet would be nice to keep the cat from batting the thread off the darn thing and chasing it around the room. Unfortunately they were closed by the time they got back so we couldn't go over and look at it. But they reopen Tuesday so we'll go over and I can take my machine measurements with me and check it out.

Hope you have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    SD love the name sota.

Hi Hikroo and rest

Going shopping today grocery today and that is about it

Hugs to sll