2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 170
Page 170 of 271 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've had a trip planned to the UP for years. We've been putting it off because we're thinking it should be part of a larger trip, either to Niagara Falls or the Circle Tour around Lake Superior. So we keep procrastinating, even though the UP is only about three hours from us. Kinda dumb we haven't been there yet, at least on the western end. I want to go camp on the Apostle Islands but Husby isn't excited about taking the camper across on the ferry. He's a water wuss. So that debate continues.

We toured Blanchard Springs Caverns in Arkansas and it was amazing and spectacular. We also toured the neutrino lab at an old mine nearby here. We've seen other caves, too. But I hear ya about the thought of megatons of rocks overhead. I just remind myself millions of people have already survived those tours and chances are really good I will, too. I also carry a flashlight of my own on every tour, per the advice of a caver friend of mine from Missouri who actually thinks it's fun to be a human scabie crawling around under the skin of Mother Earth. Just in case, you know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone
    Ta done floors, bed made, 2 loads of laundry, running the dishwasher
    To do cook 10 lbs of let quarters up and debone for the
    freezer
    Cook 2 pks. of hamburger for freezer and make 1 pack of burgers for my birthday cook out.

Unexpected spending this week I hate spending money but I am going too
    My friend who had a massive stroke and is in nusing home her daughter is selling some of her belongings
    The 2 items were given to me by her mom but she won't give them to me because they cost a lot of money..
    She has decided to sell them so I am buying. It is a painting and stand and a Halloween village.
    I am paying 120.. this is something that is important to me. I don't need it.. I want it because she meant for me to have them..

Chicken on the grill.. happy labor day to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD I still giggle picturing the Sota / Sugar / snack toy triangle. Thank you for posting those pics of the mines / vehicles. That is amazing and what a large scale operation! I am glad you posted the vehicle pic as that was helpful seeing just how vast the area is they are working in. The vehicle is massive. I can't even imagine trying to drive that. And I think parking my Ford Explorer is tough at times. LMAO!! I'm planning to be at the ReStore place when they open tomorrow morning to check out that sewing machine table. I really hope it will work with my machine. That's wonderful about the fridge working with the fan!!

ILC good deal finding the screens at ReStore for your windows. I had forgotten all about the place. I'd heard about it a month or so ago I think and we popped in to find out they were closed. And then I forgot all about it till Saturday when DHs friend stopped and invited him to ride over there with him. I am kicking myself thinking we probably missed a bunch of good deals! I'll be there tomorrow when they open and I plan to look around after we check out the sewing machine cabinet. Then I need to make it a regular stop every week or so just in case something cool comes in. The new kitty sounds adorable and so sweet. I love his name. Now here we say sneakers! hahaha. How did you like the Easy Spirit ones? Do they wear well? I have tried a bunch of brands and New Balance is the one that fits my feet the best and hold up really well. However, I really like having a mule type slip on sneaker that i can wear in the summer because I'm lazy and don't want to tie my shoes 50 times a day. I saw Easy Spirit has some and wondered how well they last.

Grammarbug so nice to get the cleaning done isn't it? I hate doing it but I feel so accomplished when it is done. I'm glad the concert was fun and hope you had a good time with the family!

Ayanka I'm so excited for you and how awesome that you have apple trees!! I have never had to remove wallpaper but I've heard it's a tough job. But what a cute place that is. We planted four apple trees two years ago and now we're down to one (and have yet to get an apple off any of them). DH finally mowed down the three dead ones since we are sure they are dead. This doesn't bode well for the last tree but since it's still living we shall see. We have to go to a farm and pick our own. That would be awesome to step out into the courtyard and pick your own apples.

FW Meandering fall days are fabulous. Love them. And I love those little twisty turn roads (during the day. Not at night!) I'm too old to drive twisty roads at night.

We need to run to Home Depot today and pick up some paint for this house once we move (we need to repaint before we sell). DH took a nap after he'd been up about an hour and he just got up and said he doesn't "feel right". I hope he's not getting sick Otherwise I plan to swim and do a little more sorting, packing, cleaning etc.

Rona, what is chocolate stout? Sounds intriguing. I saw you're from Ireland. That's a place I'd love to visit at some point. My grandmother's family originated there although I'm not sure what area. The pics I've seen are so beautiful.

Hi OM, Pinetree, Rabbit and anyone I missed!

Have a great Labor Day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi hikr00, Stout is a type of beer & Guinness is a type of stout (dark & bitter). Dh flavours ours with a hint of chocolate. Here's a link to a picture of a local brewery's version & here is a picture of youngs chocolate version that someone is using

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty cupcakes never had a stout beer before. ..uhm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona that's cool!! On a somewhat related note I love some of the recipes from the skinny taste website you linked. Oh don't those cupcakes look good (who am I kidding, I'd eat an ugly cupcake just as fast as a Pretty one. LOL)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weeded a flower bed, ironed, bought seeds for the fall patio garden, Got containers ready to plant. Going to plant seeds later and make basil pepper jelly. Mystery shop later. Nothing else. Not today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, the mining trucks aren't driven on the roads of course, but sometimes we are driving near a box from one of the dump trucks being transported on a semi trailer. Extra massive! We try to stay away from them but it's fun to see them. Those, the massive buckets they use to load ore onto the trucks, and the fan blades for those huge wind turbines are a sight to see on the highways. It's hard to comprehend the scale of the big windmills, too. We see a lot of those on trucks when we travel out west, where the wind blows all the time. The blades are so enormous one semi only tows one, so we usually see them in a convoy of three, one blade per truck. They're not even on trailers, they're on dollies with one dolly hitched to the truck and one attached at the tail end of the blade. The blade makes its own trailer. I think they're something like 75 feet long and just massive. A lot of them are made overseas and shipped by ship into Duluth, then transported by truck to the western states.

I saw an interview with Frances McDormand once right after the film North Country came out. She had retired from making movies but they wanted her to be in that movie and she said she kept saying no. But then they told her she could drive one of the big mining trucks and she said she couldn't pass up that opportunity! It still cracks me up.

Good luck with the sewing table! I sure love my 'new' one, especially now that I got the last modifications done.

We got the second gutter on the garage and finished the first one, which we couldn't finish before because we were short a couple parts. Husby is going to do all the caulking today since for once the weather seems cooperative, and then tomorrow we or he can install the screens on top. Then we'll have to turn our attention to prepping for the sale the rest of the week. We'll still have to do Round Two of the gutter project sometime and get the heat tapes installed in everything yet this year, but the worst should be over now. I can't wait till it's completely done and we can forget about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, didn't get the jelly made or seeds planted, but everything else done. Too tired! Tomorrow is another day. Did gather pears for the chickens and a box to take to the food pantry tomorrow.
    Tomorrow's to do list:
    1) Plant seeds
    2) Make banana basil pepper jelly
    3)Work at food pantry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-if you go some considerations
    -wild blueberry festival in Paradise
    -Northern Mich (Marquette) sled dogs in Feb? depending on the snow and these great pasty joins.
    -Copper harbor
    -Iron Mt.
    Also a clarification. Copper harbor mines are below ground mines
    but the iron mines that are near NMU in Marquette are pit mines (courtesy of Dh)

I love it up state. Its so sweet smelling and fresh. Haha it takes you 3 hrs from Minnesota and about 8ish hrs for me. We usually stop in St ignace and stay over/get pizza at this place that shows a film of mining history upstairs,go to the Woolen Company and drool (I am allergic)

GB-basil/pepper DD would love that! anything w/ basil.
    Rona-Dh loves stouts and ales. He has been to England about 14x and wants to go to Ireland and Scotland someday. A choc. ones would be right up his alley for sure. When DD turned 21 I bought a class for dd and DH to make craft beers.

OM-that is awful. YOu should have to buy what you were already given.

Finally replaced my keyboard-no more space bar sticking. I found one identical for $3. some I got it and another nice 1 for $3. so I got it too.
    DD is smitten w/ the metal and glass coffee press I got her for $1.50.
    DH was happy w/ his padded cases and his new computer bag. We are easy to please!

Hey to everyone else I missed. Right in the middle of "The age of Adeline". Like it so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank u fw it is awful...but it is the only way I am going to get what she wanted me to have.. she will spend the money on her.. I hope

I am sick sinus infection, sore throat, headache. Body aches..

Paige thinks Addie dropped yesterday . She called me asking what labor pains felt like.. she felt intense pain her stomach area. She felt like this for an hour then it went away.. she is scared to death she will come early.. I think she will...

Not much going on here today.
    Probably laundry....and cook supper

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-may still just be Braxton-hicks? She still has a month.

Going to take a pet to the vet and Dd to work. Hope to get some more garbage out.
    Doing laundry since 6 a.m. still so far behind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Please pray hubs has a lead for a full time job... we need it so bad

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, like fw said, maybe it's Braxton-Hicks. Hope that's it. So sorry you're sick! Be good to yourself and rest.

fw, why has your DH been to England 14 times? I've only been once but I absolutely adored it (I'm an Anglophile from way back) and hope to do Ireland, Scotland, and Wales someday.

SD, I read DH your post about the huge fan blades and he was fascinated. Me too. I read somewhere that wind farms are extremely noisy, which actually made sense once I thought about it.

Rona, thanks for the explanation! I've always read about "a pint of stout" or "a pint of bitter" and such in books with an Irish or British setting, but all I knew was that it was alcohol of some sort or another.

Grammarbug, the garden centers here are now selling the traditional fall plants and flowers. Just saw some this morning. Our temps are lower than usual so everyone is getting excited about the change of season.

hikr, hi! Also hi to Jen and Niko and anyone else I missed.

pinetree, I hope you rested and had a fabulous Labor Day.

Well, after we got so excited about the new cat Friend, he hasn't been here in two days. We're wondering if his family had been gone on vacation but they're back so he went back to them. DH is disappointed, but we both realize that we just don't need any more critters right now. Of course, if Friend shows back up, we'll be very welcoming indeed!

The holiday is over so it's back to a routine.

For today:

1) Errands DONE
    2) Mop my nasty floor
    3) Clean bathrooms
    4) Clean litter box
    5) Get meat in freezer
    6) Change sofa throw
    7) Laundry, including sheets

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, I just saw your post. Prayers and hugs.