2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 171
Page 171 of 271 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-hugs,prayers,fingers crossed.
    ILC-so sorry must be a "six dinner Sid" cat after all (kids story about a cat that wanders and have 6 "owners" none knowing about the other.
    And Dh worked for a company located there. He had to go to the main office and stay in the company owned house. He has seen-big ben,the palace,Been to Gillwell site of the original Boyscout office,Stone henge,the royal air force museum to name a few and had a pint in a bar from the 1700's. He also took the chunnel to France and got to got to Deuseldorf,Germany. He has also been to Singapore,South America-Argentina and Brazil??, His drool is Australia and/or New Zealand. I ---have been to Canada. Yep.

SD-human scabie. Sometimes your descriptive powers are too much for me.lol

Got 3 loads done and a fourth washing. Need to do bedding next/or nap in it~
    Should eat lunch and vaccumn later
    Still have to put all the laundry away
    took a pet to te vet and DD to work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all,

OM Keep us posted. Hopefully that was just Braxton Hicks contractions for Paige. They do hurt a lot and I sympathize. Hopefully Adalynn will stay in there a bit longer. Prayers for for the full time job for your DH. I hope that comes through and I hope you find out soon.

SD Oh yeah, I don't think one of those mining trucks would even fit on the road! LOL!! I figured those were strictly for mine use only

ILC sorry about Friend moving on. You may be right and his owners were on vacation and he wanted some company. Bummer though. But yes, if he comes back I'd swing that door open and say "come on in, chow is served on the left" and let him hang as long as he wants.

Grammarbug like ILC said everyone around here is selling the fall plants. Mums are everywhere!! I debate buying a pot but the new steps won't come till the end of the month or perhaps the first part of October so I remind myself I should wait until then and see if they are still around. Right now I don't have a nice place to put them! Remind me again, what seeds were you planting? I have some lupine seeds I need to plant for next year.

FW I too want to go to England, Scotland and Ireland. Otherwise I'm really happy sticking to the States. I told DH we need to do a "geezer tour" where we will just fly over and then the tour company takes us around. I am not sure I want to navigate in any foreign country besides Canada because I am worried about driving on the correct side of the road, speed limits etc, getting lost etc. If we're on a tour they will haul us around and all we have to do is show up when they tell us too and take pictures. That's my idea of fun. LOL!! Granted we probably wouldn't see the little out of the way places which would be sad but I just know I'll be a hot mess driving overseas and I really can't handle that idea of that.

I made it over to ReStore this morning and bought the sewing machine cabinet. It's a Pfaff cabinet and in really good shape. It looks a little older although not ancient. It's heavy, very heavy. Took two guys to haul it out to my vehicle and they were grunting and groaning the whole time. This doesn't bode well for DH and I getting it back out of the car so I may be driving around with it until our son in law comes over and can help. There are a couple of scratches on it but those don't bother me a bit. It has a lot of storage spots which I love and has a lift set up so I can drop the machine down inside, close the top and it's hidden from view meaning my darling little diva cat can't get up there and bat at the thread till she flings it from the machine onto the floor (then drags it all around the house). So I'm very excited! No pics as I forgot to take one before the guys got it in the car and it's big enough that it takes up the entire back of my Ford Explorer and I can't get a good picture in there. I'll take one when we get it out.

It's 86 right now so I'm going to take a swim then come back and do a little work around here. Have a good afternoon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're busily ripping apart the pile o'crap that's been burying the east wall in the garage, the one that's to the left of where the truck is parked. And I mean Avvy has barely fit into that space. We've consolidated all the old gas to be taking to hazardous waste now that we've found one that's always open on Saturdays, and Husby has decided on two of six gas cans to keep and we're going to put the vintage boat gas tank on the sale. The rest will be trashed. We're taking apart two cabinets to trash, and hung up all the garden hoses and electrical cords on the wall, designated a place for the stepladders, sawhorses, snowblower, and power shovel. Why wasn't all that done before? There's a massive and growing pile of trash in the middle of the floor, so we'll be hauling trash tomorrow for sure. So far we've dug out the log splitter for the sale, and also found a hitch receiver and weight distributing hitch we forgot about, so we're hoping those will sell, too. And some smaller things. I thought there would be more. We will easily have a full load for the dump tomorrow, truck and trailer both. Where does all this crud come from?

Husby is fascinated because the Full Throttle bar in Sturgis burned down. He keeps reading about it to me. LOL. He just said it's the largest biker bar in the world, what a shock.

Back to the salt mines...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby just said there were 500 gallons of grain alcohol in the Full Throttle. No wonder there's nothing left of it. It can't ever be a good thing when your still catches fire.

He just said, "I'm pretty sure we drove by it." I just cracked up. It's Sturgis. We've been by everything in Sturgis. It would be hard not to drive by everything in Sturgis. It's not like it's Minneapolis.

Here's some pics for anyone interested in biker news.
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/photos/f...7b631aa.html#8

Here's an article. http://rapidcityjournal.com/sturgisr...1ca092d67.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-heard about that but didnt clue it was near you. It was featured in some movie,eh?

Didn't sleep last night stressing about a project i took on w/ DD. Glad I got a few hours in now. Back to the laundry. Phwew. lol.

hikr00-DH drove. I'd be worried.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really hope it wasn't 500 gallons, cause in that case i don't understand why the building didn't explode. Just as a reference, this would be 10% of the loading capacity of the product tanks of my previous job. They loaded on ships, not trucks, and sometimes they are late, so you can imagine how much reserve they needed. Glad no one was injured though.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, heard about what? Sturgis? It's not near us, but we travel out in that area every chance we get. It's in western South Dakota, Black Hills, Spearfish/Sturgis/Belle Fourche/Deadwood area.

Ayanka, interesting. I have no idea if the news story Husby saw is accurate. But yeah, it does seem like it's lucky the place didn't explode.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thought the bar was near you.

Got DD and i should drop the furniture at S.A. but its hot-muggy. It threatened to rain but still hanging.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sturgis is where they have the giant motorcycle rally every August. It's a tiny little town in South Dakota. Sorta cool to see the venues when we're out there though.

We flamed out on working in the garage for today, but we got a lot done. The chainsaws, weed whacker, and brusher are all together with their accessories and organized now. All the drawbars for our hitches are the same. The ladders are in the wrong place but we can fix that when we get the lumber piles under control, hopefully tomorrow when we muck out the space in front of the shelves on the back wall, which have lots of empty space we will be able to make use of. We're starting to see the end of the first round out there, although we have a long ways to go yet and won't have any time beyond tomorrow to work on that. It'll still be a huge improvement. But it's nice to see we're actually making some progress. I just hope we can get all the junk on one load tomorrow.

Husby also put the hardware back on the trailer, so that's all done except the latches for the tailgate which haven't arrived yet. How long can it take to get here from Elkhart, IN, after all?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM--Praying for you and your husband.
    hikr--My patio garden is veggies. I planted mustard, radishes, swiss chard, winter squash, and I already had tomatoes and peppers. I also have asparagus, basil, oregano, peppermint, thyme, and rosemary. Since my stroke, I can't plant in my big area, so DH helped me make a small area of tractor tires on my patio and covered the patio with screen material that came from around a tennis court. Got everything done on my list today, and even made breakfast sandwiches for DH in addition. We are expecting rain and a cold front. It may get in the 80s. It was 100 today and I don't even know what the heat index was.

Tomorrow:
    1) Physical therapy
    2) Several phone mystery shops
    3) Laundry
    4) Buy groceries
    5) Make red onion jelly
    6)Gather more pears for jelly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

got all that laundry put away/hung up yesterday.
    I have a dark load and the bedding today
    work at the cat room at 12-4 so i will leave around 11am. DD need a ride for 12 so I will offer her an early one?
    emptied the DW already
    was looking at a dresser to buy tonight for $40. oak. Ds old room had no furniture but a bed. His was destroyed and i trashed it. I would like to have something to put his clothes in come Dec.??
    better hit the laundry trail.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not feeling any better.ugh
    Job did not pan out
    Paige got married yesterday.. So happy for them.

Wash sheets today we sweated so bad
    Cook supper ....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD we had friends that were out in Sturgis at Full Throttle during Bike Week this year. They posted a bunch of pics. When I saw it had burned I was so glad they were long gone by then. What a horrible thing to have happened. Thank goodness for no injuries.

Grammarbug I want to grow some herbs. I have chives that are doing really well outside but I'd like to add basil, oregano, sage, rosemary and thyme. On a somewhat related note I am now humming "Scarborough Fair" by Simon and Garfunkel LOL. I have such a black thumb though that I'm not too optimistic but I need to try. Once we move and figure out where we will be able to plant things I need to figure that out. It probably won't be till next spring though. We are hoping to get the grass planted this fall and then next spring tackle landscaping.

OM Sorry the job didn't pan out. I hope something else comes along that's perfect. And congratulations to Paige and her new DH!

FW any luck on the bureau for DS?

Ayanka I was in the grocery store this morning and they had local apples for sale. Made me think of your apple trees...which then made me think of apple crisp..which then made me think it was time to get out of that aisle before I bought a bag of apples and came home to make crisp. LOL!

Another hot one today. I had my yearly mammogram this morning then stopped in and got some groceries we needed. Grandbabies coming this afternoon after preschool so that will be fun. Exhausting in this heat but fun. We are planning on the pool and then perhaps an inside Teddy Bear picnic. She loves to play the song and drag her little plastic wagon of stuffed bears around while we sing the song. Glad you all can't hear me sing Only a child can appreciate my singing!!

Hope you have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM candles are lit for a job for your dh & hope you feel better soon
    Hello to everyone else
    I had to go haring around the countryside today looking for gum shields for dd1 & dd2 they were trialling for hurling, camogie & football this week & only informed me this morning that they needed them. Here's a link to a couple of minutes of hurling for anyone interested

Outside of that I got the bare minimum done but I think today is a be happy you get through it day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, give Paige my best wishes!

I'm sorry the job lead didn't go anywhere. And that you're not feeling better. Please take care of yourself.

fw, yes, I think Friend may be gone for good---3 days now. I KNEW that he was somebody's much-loved kitty because he was so sweet and loving and friendly. Sure would be nice to have him drop by every now and then!

SD, as usual, you are getting so much done. What kind of vitamins do you take?!

Gbug, that weather is awful. For some reason here it's cooled down tremendously. In fact, the high/low forecast for this Sunday is 81/55. Normally we're still in the 90s in September. Of course, it may (and probably will) change dramatically before the end of the month. We can't really be pretty sure of cool weather till October. And yesterday the rain forecast was 20%----and we had 3 downpours throughout the day.

hikr, glad you got that sewing machine cabinet. It sounds perfect.

Ayanka, how's the house coming along?

Jen?? Niko?? We miss you.

pinetree, are you all right? I've noticed you haven't posted in a couple of days. You better be so busy having fun that you just don't have time to post

Yesterday was a bust. No excuses except sheer laziness. My bad.

For Wednesday:

1) Periodontist DONE
    2) Kroger DONE
    3) DH's brother's house 1:30 (he lives 45 minutes away)
    4) Church at 6:30, if we get back in time

Tonight I plan to start the laundry that didn't get done yesterday. Tomorrow is a stay-at-home day, allllllll day.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, ladies.