2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 172
Page 172 of 271 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're calling it done in the garage for now. It's far from done but we have a tree guy coming at three to look at some sketchy-looking trees that seem like they're interested in falling on the house, and we have to get a load to the dump by then. But we've made huge progress. The little scroll saw I bought earlier this summer is in its permanent spot, and the new tool cabinet is out of the back porch and in its spot, too. Loads of things are sorted and at least put in the general area where they'll live. I think I broke down almost every cardboard box we had out there, not just the ones that got stored in there awaiting recycling, but the ones that had things in them. We have better storage containers and I hate cardboard boxes.

We rounded up the stuff we want to sell, which was the main push behind doing this fast and incomplete sort and purge. I'm really happy with the progress though.

Gotta go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM--Prayers are continuing for you and your husband. Everyone else seems to be doing well.
    Woke up at 3:30 this morning to thunder, lightening, and rain. I thought it was time to get up, so I got up and started laundry, read, did my crossword, fed the animals only to realize what time it really was. I was so awake that I just made my bed and read some more. I am reading KILLING KENNEDY and it is very interesting so far. I won a hoodie from and NFL game online sponsored by Snickers and Xbox. I play, but this is the first time that I have won anything. The sun came out and it is extremely hot and humid. I made my red onion jelly and it is beautiful! Hope it tastes as good as it looks. Picked more pears today. Going to make cinnamon cranberry pear jam tomorrow and take the rest of the pears to the food pantry. I went to the grocery store and bought groceries and got a free bottle of Nivea Men's bath wash for DH and saved 49% on my groceries. Got free primer, shampoo, and conditioner in the mail today. Thinking the cold front would be here by now, I am making tomato basil soup, cornbread, and cantaloupe for dinner. Boy, was I wrong. Guess we'll have to eat under the fan.
    Also got my phone shop done today. I had a tough physical therapy session. My balance is still off.

Tomorrow:
    1)Phone shop
    2) Make pear jam
    3) Work on bathroom cabinet(Old green metal cabinet from a dr.'s office)
    4) Mystery shop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-sorry but you never know either.
    Om-so sorry and then congrats.
    Rona-I like that Haring around the countryside. We dont have that expression. Gonna look up Camogie.
    Hikr-Apple crisp-MMMM!

Had a long one today. Apparently the furniture I had for S.A. today isnt good enough.lol ANd the phone went down while I was gone. And the van is making noises. IWASONLYGONE4HOURS!!!! lol
    The cat rescue was better. Everyone loved DD's cat kickers w/ nip. 6 cats/kittens got adopted over the weekend. We got 3 more black cats-not good,hard to place. Looks like a few more bitty kittens came in. And the Corgi was returned but it has many applications piled up. Guy decided he "didnt want a dog after all. Idjut. Also people are getting used to me being there and friendlier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's been a long day here. We did get trash hauled and all the piles out there at the dump were so huge! It killed me not to have time to look at anything. But the building we throw away trash in has a place people can set usable things for anyone to take. We scored a six-drawer credenza that doesn't have a thing wrong with it except a sticky drawer. I haven't had a chance to lube it yet so I'm not worried about it. It's going to end up in one of our offices, I think. It has two or three small scratches and needs a good cleaning on the outside, so it's not a project.

I've been thinking about what sort of cool, funky box I could come up with to use for my paper recycling in my office. Today, Husby called me over where he was putting away stuff on shelving in the garage and there it was: A very old wooden egg crate, the kind with a bail handle that they used to stack large cardboard trays of eggs in. So perfect! It was filthy so I gave it a good scrub with Murphy's and it'll be plenty good to put waste paper in. It's got that old painted patina that matches a color in the wallpaper in my office, and it'll fit nicely under the little end table my fridge sits on. Am I lucky or what?

After we got back from trash and I cleaned up the egg crate, I re-webbed a folding chair for Mom. She gave us tons of stuff when we moved to her apartment, and now she has a use for and space for a lot of it again, so we're going to give a lot of this stuff back. I figured I'd redo the chairs for her so she doesn't have to. It's hard for her to do that kind of stuff herself anymore.

The tree guy never called or showed up.

I'm glad we're to the point of being able to relax today. I'm bushed! We didn't haul out the three cabinets we're going to be trashing. We didn't have space on the truck or trailer. So those are sitting in front of my saws. Ugh. I've been assured that'll be very temporary and it better be. But since Husby loves the decluttering out there as much as I do, I suspect he'll make sure this stuff gets taken care of.

I've decided how I want to change the storage in the garage, but I don't know when we'll get to it. We have two large (8W x 9H) floor to ceiling cabinets out there and I want to dump some of the cabinets that make up those units, and then swap the locations. It would work so much better with my saw and other things. I'm feeling really good that we're finally at the point of being able to think about stuff like that instead of just being overwhelmed by all the junk and clutter and mess out there. It feels like we might finally be closer to the end of the chaos out there. A girl can hope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm staying at home today and here's my To-Do list:

For Thursday:

1) Laundry (lots) IN PROGRESS
    2) Mop
    3) Reset downstairs
    4) Work in pantry
    5) Change sofa throw
    6) Go through some of my parents' stuff in living room

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Today
    2 loads of laundry done
    Unload the dishwasher
    Sweep and mop house
    C lean kitchen sink
    Scoop cat litter
    All done

For supper goulash, cornbread, and deviled eggs

Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Im back, have been lurking most of this week as I haven't seen my computer too much. I tried to work something out with my landlord to find another renter and have to pay less, but it didn't turn out well. He wanted me to sign a document that states that I give 2 months notice (a month less than needed according to contract) and 2 months fee (1 month more than the legal maximum I need to do) plus it said I stop having any rights/duties as a renter. I am pretty sure I would not get away with not doing my duties, but wouldn't have my rights, so that sounded fishy. The guy exploded when I tried to explain that this would just not be to my advantage, calling me arrogant etc. I really couldn't find out why the hell he reacted that way and have been pondering about it all day (while scrubbing the wall, no worries). I think I finally found it. Apparently in the contract it states you always have to pay 3 months, it doesn't specify it gets less when you enter the 2nd or 3rd year. I ll have to have the actual contract checked at the renter's union to be sure, but I did ask that if it was a 3-6-9 contract (can only be terminated for free after 3,6 or 9 years) it would be bound to law (the answer was yes), and I would be very surprised if it isn't one. In which case the guy was just royally trying to screw me over. I can't wait to get rid of him along with the apartment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's a new project on the list now. I did some internet research and learned slate is brittle and breaks easily. So we're going to try to break the pool table up a little at a time. We can't take a sledgehammer and start wailing away, so if we can't chip it off safely without pieces flying all over, then that won't work, so I plan to use a mallet of some kind. But we've been trying for months to get rid of it and no one wants it. Since we don't want it either and we weren't going to get any money for it giving it away, we've decided we won't be out much if we can dismantle it ourselves. We'll toss the slate pieces out in the woods and cut up the rest and haul it out to the dump. It seems like the most logical way to get rid of it when we've been trying to give it away for months now and can't. Even if it only breaks off in tiny chunks and takes weeks to get it apart, then so be it. At least it'll be gone eventually. It's sad that something someone should be able to use is going to be destroyed, but we don't know what else to do.

We have the truck and van loaded for the sale, and will load the trailer in the morning. I hope it doesn't take too much of the day to get all set up. I'll be so happy when the sale is over and all the stuff is dealt with.

We did a bunch of work and got the old buffet from Husby's office out to make room for the new credenza. I cleaned that up and polished it with lemon oil and it's beautiful now. I think it'll work out great for office storage and a place for the printer and take up much less space. Hopefully, it'll be a good change. The buffet will be going on the sale and I hope it sells. We're only putting $10 on it but it needs a little work, like paint and some repair to the veneer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-sounds good. If it has to be destroyed put a think drop cloth over the slate and hit away. Fill the buckets and dump?

Got the dresser for $35. Its huge and oak faced. Dh and I work so poorly together. Ddad did things like this for a living so loading and moving is easy to me. The things is like 55" and just barely fit in my extended mini van. It was annoying too because the flaky lady told me the wrong cross streets/the address was off my 1 number and the house was gold not yellow. The pile of crap in front saved me. That and the fact I am not shy to say Am I in the right place about the dresser. Pretty sure she'd had a few. Sat we get it upstairs. That will be another battle. I need to get the polish out and give it a once over to see if its really good. It was a this was my Ex's crap and I'm moving deal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!!

I'm checking in, been busy, got some drawers in the kitchen cleaned out, regular, cleaning, laundry, and the business picked up so been helping out.

Canceled my surgery for the 5th.. been having nightmares about it, so it looks like I need to wait some more..Dr says no problem..

Been feeling really good and free!! And I am loving it...

So everything right now is hunky dorey...even all the furbabies are ok!!

I have read and caught up. yea!! WTG!! everyone!! Except Ayanka, what the heck? Are you ever going to get away from the place??
    Hi and hugs to all of you!!

Ok, I'm off, going to go start dinner, I bet you thought I would never be excited about that huh!!

Have a wonderful Friday!! Thinking about you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have one last call in, to the FD in case they might want it. We probably will never hear back from them. It'll be a while before I get started chipping that thing apart anyway, because right now I have kitchen cabinets sitting on it, waiting till I have time to paint them. And then I'll need to put a clear finish on some knotty pine that also goes into the back porch. I'll miss that thing for doing projects. It's been a great workbench for me since we don't have a basement. But it's still driving me crazy, so it has to go before winter, or if the chipping takes a lot of time, first thing next spring. Either way it'll be out of the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, are there any children's homes or old folks' homes around that might want that pool table? Or a church? Or community center?
    It's so sad you can't find anyone who wants something so nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The low income housing people said they wanted it, but then backed out without coming right out and saying they weren't going to come and get it. That whole episode just ticked us off, the way it was handled. What would have been so hard about saying they changed their mind, instead of swearing and complaining and making excuses?

The problem is the movers in town will no longer move pool tables, so finding someone with the manpower to move it is a problem. The people who would have taken it don't have the space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got everything done on my list today, except making some phone calls. I made the cinnamon cranberry pear jam and it smelled wonderful. I picked more pears tonight and am going to make more this weekend only I am going to cook the pears and puree them this time. Got my phone shop and my mystery shop done. DH and I went to see War Room and loved it!

Tomorrow:
    1) Grandparents Day at my grandsons school
    2)Do mystery shop report
    3)Type up vocabulary list and make plans for Saturday's theatre class.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok for today:

1. Get the letter to terminate my rental contract sent to my ex. This gives him about 2 weeks to send it back to me so I can send it to the landlord.
    2. Finish washing off the walls (and yes I and some family members have been working on this all week).
    3. Get a card to take with some cash to my niece's wedding. This is not the official wedding, its a second one as my niece lives in the Netherlands, so I needed to find something she can take with her easily. It doesn't get much easier than an envelope.