2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 173
Page 173 of 271 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of work to do here today. Hope I can get through it all. My wrists have been bad since I sewed boots for a living and my right one is really acting up now with all the lifting of furniture and other heavy objects. I'm sure I'll muddle through okay though. Not much choice. I've been wearing my wrist brace but it's not really helping.

Truck and van are loaded and ready to haul to Mom's. Still need to load the trailer but it's raining. I hope it stops sometime today.

It's going to help so darn much to get rid of some of this excess, both with the stuff we dumped and the sale stuff, much of which will go to GW if it doesn't sell. This progress cannot happen fast enough for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning...

Ayanka.... sorry the land lord is being a jerk

SD good luck with the mallet u are always so busy

Fw hope it is a good deal.

ILC and Rona hugs

Grammerbug jam sounds yummy

Today took down cobwebs, 2 loads of laundry. Unloaded the dishwasher and cleaning my bedroom it is mess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, mmmm, cranberries and cinnamon, wow! I bet it smells like Christmas.

Ayanka, there's light at the end of the tunnel with your housing situation. YEA!

om, think how nice and comfortable your bedroom will be when you've finished. Our bedroom would be easy to clean if it wasn't for all the papers and books and periodicals on the floor on DH's side of the bed.

Got tons of laundry done yesterday and cleaned the den well. Everything else on my list got done except mopping---it started raining and I don't mop on rainy days. I mean, what's the use?

For Friday:

1) Plan menus for the weekend and into next week
    2) Clean screened porch unless I can talk DH into doing it
    3) Clean bathrooms
    4) Mop
    5) Record recent expenditures

Have a great day, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Uh oh,I have rain coming too. Better hit some G.sales.
    So Dh had a line on a job w/ Chrysler which would be close so we were excited. The guy didnt call yesterday as promised so we are hanging. Just love people. At least call to say your too busy. I decided to ignore it. For now.

Took DD to work. Got some good news from the vets office regarding a project I am working on. Pulled a few weeds the size of me.
    Got the dresser home last night and still dont regret it. Getting it upstairs tomorrow prob. lots. Its a biggie.
    Shopped a little at DD's store. I like picking up things w/ her after work. I always pay for a few treats like the french toast bagels. Still a mom that way.lol
    Need to hit Kroger for Walnuts and meds.
    Just a kickin' around day.

Hope everyone does well today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the first load unpacked and mostly priced. Still have some big stuff to haul in with the truck and trailer but that won't be too bad. It's quit raining to that's a help.

Our friend Audrey who we trade smack talk back and forth with regarding the Vikings/Packers border battle stopped by the sale, but didn't buy anything. DARN! I was hoping for a first sale early.

I scored again, I think. We went to a church sale and they had a laptop in a really nice case. It said MAKE OFFER on it. Okay. So I asked what the deal was and the lady said the computer works but it's password protected and no one knows the password. I sort of laughed and said if I didn't know how to get into it, I wouldn't want to offer more than about five bucks for it. I was only kidding! But she said they'd probably take it if we offered that at the front table where they were taking the money. So we did and the lady there got all snotty and said no, only much more rudely. That's fine, we dicker at sales and don't mind if people turn us down. We just said we weren't willing to pay more because of not knowing what it would take to be able to use the computer. So she got snotty some more about it. We just said we'd like to pay for our other things, and it was okay if she wanted to keep the computer. So we paid and left. Right away the first lady came tearing out of the church and said the other people didn't understand we'd have to buy a new OS for the computer and that they were now willing to take our $5. Huh? Well, all righty then. I'm not kidding, this was instantaneous. We were parked literally in front of the church door and hadn't made it to the truck yet before this person came out. I suspect she was the one in charge and understood about the OS and also realized there's a fee to throw out stuff like that if no one bought it. Plus she had been tending the table where they have their electronics, and most likely no one had shown any interest. Whatever, we got it for $5 and Husby said when he went back in to pay for it, the other lady was in a real snit then. So anyway, to make a long story truly a saga, now we have this laptop we can't use. I can see some research is in order, starting with trying to find out if I can load my Vista OS from my desktop into this laptop. I don't think so, and I'm also not a fan of that because there's no wifi on my desktop, so I don't think I'd get wifi for the laptop then. But I checked eBay and a real quick look showed some Vista OS for Dell around $10-$20, but I'm not sure that's the whole OS. Will have to check more later when there's time. I'd be ecstatic if I could get that new laptop up and running for $25 because then I could use the wifi in my office without having to buy a new desktop now. Then I wouldn't have to haul my good laptop back and forth for work. And we'd finally have a travel laptop that doesn't have any of our business on it, and that we wouldn't have to care if it got damaged or stolen or hacked while we're traveling. So I have my fingers crossed.

Husby is done stuffing his face, so it's time for round two of hauling. This is all big stuff though so it shouldn't take long to get it all done. Hope not anyway. I still have to paint some signs.

TTYL. Have a great Friday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-let me guess whose laptop it was-The snit ladys hubby?lol
    Church sales are always great for super deals

The afternoon is flying by on me. Saw DD at her work and took break w/ her.
    Called Dmom and she is watching Dbros dog again while they preveiw colleges
    Yikes-all I'm sayin'. Grabbed a few things at Kroger.
    One of those productive/non productive days. Weather isnt helping. We got the piddly rains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, are you still thinking, or made up your mind? Sounds like you like it and are doing very well!

SD, hope you sell evrything, the computer sounds like a heck of a deal!! WTG!

GM, that jelly sounds wonderful, I might have to try it!

Hikr00, anything good lately? Have fun swimming!

ILC, gald to hear your appts were good! Hey, you said butter beans, can you tell me how you make them? I love them, my Mom would fix them once in a while for me, but no one around here eats them, I love the giant ones!

OM, How Paige doing? Bet she is getting excited now.

RABBIT OH RABBIT!! DO YOU HAVE YOUR WINDOWS SHUT AGAIN??

Ayanka, I'm hoping the rest of this goes smoothly for you. Hows the wallpaper doing?

JEN, missing you.

Hi to everyone I forgot.

I slept in really late, woke up to carmel apples by my coffee cup, lol, the kids went shopping and picked them up, they look wonderful, and I love them!!

The furbabies blood tests came back ( TJ )and they were really good, alot better than last time, so we got lucky on this one!!

Helped get a job out
    ran dishwasher, emptied it
    called and got appt for accountant

need to vacuum
    make out grocery list.

Have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-What? was i thinking about. So guess not?

Got a surprise PM w/ an I love you and doing fine from Ds. Amazed but touched and happy. Keep praying please. Think hes at the new location now.

DD got accepted into the Renaissance Festival troop and shes so happy. She will work weekends w/o pay this time and get hired in next year. She has wanted this for years. She will be gone all weekend again. She meets the cast tonight and is organizing her costume.

Got a pizza toinght as I didnt want to cook. Nice change but too greasy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The computer is a good deal because it came with a fantastic bag, which was worth $5 by itself. The laptop wasn't the snitty lady's husband's, although that thought made me laugh. The first lady I talked to said someone had donated it anonymously and that's why no one knows the password.

I think we're almost ready for the sale tomorrow. We'll have to load up the QuikShade and some other incidentals, but the stuff is all there and priced and ready to move outside in the morning. We sold one bike and the log splitter already. People are going to be mad at us for selling that splitter ahead of the sale, but we can only sell it once and it would be stupid not to sell it instead of taking a chance of not selling it. I also decided on the way into town that instead of putting the six foot tall cactus on the sale, I would take it to the local flower and seed and see if they wanted it. Turns out they were willing to take it, so I gave it to them. I hope it finds a good home. It was an ordeal getting it into town, and if we sell the tall scale we had it tied to, I don't have any idea how we'd get it back home again. I was planning to put a free sign on it anyway, so it didn't matter who got it from a money standpoint. We're both relieved it arrived in one piece and we don't have to deal with it anymore.

We're too tired to deal with the new computer tonight. Husby keeps telling me how much similar ones are selling for. The cheapest he's found so far online is $220, used. If I can get it to work it'll be a great deal, for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-JK of course. DH got a laptop for $5. once because the guy was drunk. Of course it wasnt password locked. If Dh werent so overwhelmed right now I could ask him but work is floundering-again. sorry.

Pinetree-did you mean the rescue. I am doing 1x per week. And she said go ahead and recommend cats to people so I guess that makes me happier. I hate second guessing everthing I say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, FW. I'm in good hands because my publisher is a computer whiz and so is one of the other editors. I e'd them and I'm sure they'll bail me out. They know I'm technology-challenged and always take pity on me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well amazing news from the rescue. Someone just adopted the blind dog who is 12 yrs. old and formerly had a skin condition. My faith in humanity went up 2" today.
    Now if we can get some weight off a few of the horribly overfed cats! The group is doing the zoo so maybe. A huge number of rescue groups take over the zoo parking lot for a weekend here and literally hundreds of animals get placed. We adopted 49 out when I worked for K-9 stray rescue league. Sorta hope i get asked/sorta not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got almost all of my stuff done today. Great time with the grandsons at Grandparents' Day. DH had to go straight to work after that and he won't be home until after midnight and then he is leaving at 3:30 in the morning to go to Austin to a football game. I will be sleeping. Temperatures are in the 70s. Suppose to be in the 50s by Sunday, but back in the 90s next week. The seeds that I planted are already coming up.

Tomorrow:
    1) Make more cinnamon cranberry pear jam
    2) Teach 2 classes at the theatre school
    3) Mystery shop at a Mexican restaurant.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-isnt 50 cold for Texas. We were supposed to be in the 50's last night. It was cold.

Going to the farm market in a bit. Supposed to get that mega dresser upstairs later.
    Decided to add a litter box to the unused Family room to make my life more pleasant. I resisted for awhile but W/ the 3 kittens adults now and momma plus the huge black male we added last year, We need another.

Cranked up the mini space heater this morning. The buttons sticks on it but I have about 4 more to fill in. I get them new for about $9. @ S.A. Also have enough plastic for windows and I just found a 2 panels set of drapes for the front. They dont match well but IDC in the least. Warmth. And privacy. Definitely beat matchy match here. I was so bummed I just missed a set of 70's thermals from an estate sale (gone to nursing care). Need to check our water and furnace filter supply too today and start/reveiw maintainence on the generator too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Fw I am so glad the dod got adopted.
    Grammerbug I can't wait until I go to grandparents day.

STILL tackling bedroom just too much stuff for one small space..
    Sweeping and mopping. Dust the living room.. that is about it today..

It is one month till Paige is due..
    They changed her catalog at school she now has to take 2 less classes.. so she dropped one and it was one she was dreading.
    Not Much Going here..
    It is cool and rainy..feels like fall..
    Today I am going g to pick up my painting, stand and Halloween village.
    This is my birthday present from. Hubby and my brother.
    Do your giving to others before something happens to u and your wishes are not listened too