2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 174
Page 174 of 271 FirstFirst ... 74124164171172173174175176177184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sd u can find anything..way to go on the deals

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-that so true. Ddad always said I could have the painting of great grams wedding day and the coin collection. When Dmom was out to lunch after he passed she really wrecked me up over it and still I dont have either. The she also made Dbro the executor and thats a whole new problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw I am so sorry hugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I need to just take them. Its been 2 years. Ddad's room is still intact. She is yapping this winter. I'm thinking NO! but its so moldy in there I cant go in for allergies. She goes 1 way 1 day and the complete opposite the next. Wish we had bought the house next door when it was $130,00!! Its back to the $210,000 price now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all and happy weekend! I spent Thursday in New Hampshire checking out quilt shops. My crafting buddy had visited this enormous one in Center Harbor so that was our destination. We had such a good time. I found the staff to be so helpful in assisting me with picking out fabric for the Christmas card tree holder I plan to make. We had lunch out then made an unscheduled stop at another quilt shop that she'd seen a sign for. Well, we left there having spent more money and when we got in the car she said "next time I say do you want to check out this quilt shop you have to say NO". hahaha!! I told her I hadn't read the script so I didn't realize I was supposed to say no. 50 miles down the road she spots another sign and says "wanna stop in" and I said "NO!" LOL!! We had an awesome time.

DH and I got the sewing machine cabinet unloaded yesterday and had lunch with my Dad and his lady friend. It was funny as we didn't plan to meet them...we just happened to roll into the parking lot right behind them so we had lunch together. DH went to the car races last night with our son in law and I spent most of the evening with DD and the girls.

Today I'm getting groceries and we have to go to Home Depot then when we get home I'm going to do some packing in the craft room. That room needs some work done on the ceiling from water leak when the ice jammed there in that spot. I don't need "all" my craft stuff out and ready and I'll keep out the stuff I need for my current projects. The rest I'll pack up and drag over to the new house to stick in that craft room. Then DH can get in there and tend to the ceiling and I can use the space I clear out for boxes of summer stuff I'll be packing up here soon.

OM I'm glad you're getting your friends things but it's such a shame that you have to pay for them. I agree that it's best to tie up these things while you can in case your wishes are not honored by your family. I wish her daughter could see that and just let you have them.

FW good luck at the Farmer's Market. Hope you find some good deals. And I hope moving the dresser upstairs goes well. DH and I had to struggle to get the sewing machine cabinet out of the Explorer. That thing was heavy and he's not really good at communicating his thoughts. He just grabs the thing and starts pushing and pulling and I'm like "WAIT, we need a plan my friend..". LOL! That's cool your DD got into the Ren Fair gig.

GB yay for Grandparents Day! Glad you had fun. I loved being a parent too but grandparenting is all of the fun and not as much of the work. Your making the cinnamon pear jelly made me think I should see if I can find a recipe for cinnamon apple jelly. I bet DH would love that. He loves apples and cinnamon so I should see if I can find something for that.

SD good luck with the sale!! And yay for the 5.00 laptop! Can't beat that one.

Ayanka your landlord sounds like a real tool. I'm sorry I hope you can get that all resolved very soon.

Hi Pinetree! So glad you're feeling good!!!

ILC I don't mop on rainy days either. There's just no point. Unless we are holing up in here and refusing to step outside till the rain stops and the ground dries it'll be a hot mess within minutes.

Hi Rona and Rabbit, Jen and Niko!

Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, that is great news about the doggie! I know that made everyone at the shelter happy.

Gbug, Gparents' Day at my school was Thursday. Always an Open House 4-5:30, then Ice Cream Social. Our students would talk all day about their "Grandma" or "Papa" coming that afternoon. So sweet!

om, I'm so glad Paige doesn't have to take that class. It's cool and rainy here today too. Temps for the next 3 night are supposed to be in the 50s. I love this weather.

pinetree, yea for TJ!! And the card was lovely

Didn't mop yesterday because DH was doing some tile work on front porch and was in and out. Oh, and he cleaned up/hosed down the screened porch for me! And the dogs didn't mess it up last night! Yea for DH, Jaxx, and Sadie!

For Saturday:

1) Send out email to retired teachers' group about next luncheon
    2) Mop
    3) Wash a couple of comforters in prep for cold weather
    4) Work in pantry
    5) Work in living room on Mama and Daddy's stuff
    6) Enjoy the weather

Have a super Saturday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, I think we posted about the same time. Your Quilt Shop Day sounds fun. I don't even sew and I like fabric stores--the colors, the patterns, the feel of the material.

SPEAKING OF SEWING (do I have your attention, everybody?): DH's brother gave us a Singer machine from the early 60's in a heavy-as-lead wooden cabinet. It has the instruction booklet, threads, all sorts of things. Charlie says it works but I haven't tried it because I really want a streamlined, basic, small machine. Anyway, should we attempt to sell it? Or just donate it? Is it worth anything?

It's currently in DS's room and since he's moving back in December we need it out of there. I have NO idea what to do with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning, and it really is!!

FW, WTG on the dog, warms my heart... I assume thats what the thinking was about you said" pinetree still thinking" I just assumed you were still thinking about the shelter..? So glad you heard from your son, I was going to ask you where he is.

SD, hope your sale went good.

OM, You can come clean my bedroom. thats one room I really dont like doing, so I try to keep it cleaned up.

hikr00, quilting sounds like fun, maybe someday.

ILC, Your'e welcome, you need to sit out on the porch now! Did you get my question about the beans?

GM, yep, I am going to have to try that jelly too, Mind sharing the recipe for us?

Ayanka, thinking about you!

RABBIT, Jen, Rona, Niko, Ho to you all.

Today
    find jars for tomatoes
    freeze more fruit
    make strawberry shortcake
    pick stuff done in arden, well watch DH.

Have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-so depends but prob. not. If it sat or if the transmission/motor werent cared for.
    Look on ebay. The machines and cabinets get dumped at S.A. quite often. I was paying about $40. w/o cabinets. Revamping can cost a lot too. Its metal?

If anyone cares-Michigan Animal Rescue League is on facebook and has a whole community of followers w/ great pictures (they have a pro photographer). They even have a few videos and when something is needed they just give a shout out and it appears. Many people who have adopted multiple pets are in for life.

Farmers market will wait until Tues. It is raining and I just need a few basics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, Im here. The wall paper of the bedroom is not doing good. It doesn't like to be packed up in dustbags. Im fine though. I worked 12 hours (at work this time) and have tomorrow off for my nieces wedding. I won't be working tomorrow nor giving myself a lot of chores. I need an off day. And Monday I can start painting woohoo!

Well the luck I am having is rental contracts are very tightly regulated, largely because the majority of landlords are not very nice people. Especially if they rent out more than one thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sale's done. We're exhausted but happy. Very, very happy. It was a near-perfect day, except for the people who showed up before eight AM to buy the log splitter and complained because someone else had showed up before eight AM and already bought it. Hypocrites.

We sold almost everything. My worst fear this AM before we opened was having to come home and get the trailer to haul the whole mess back home again, but nope, it all sold well. I guess we had it priced right. Two items will be trashed, the POC Weber Go-Anywhere grill and the hitch receiver from our old 1985 GMC Safari. We have about five other big ticket items we'll have to try to sell in classifieds. Not bad! We pulled a 5-day Coleman cooler and a Coleman LP lantern off the sale since we decided to keep those, and Mom wanted a small folding plastic table so we gave that to her. We donated one kitchen table and six boxes of books to GW, but that was all that was left to donate. We didn't have much small stuff though. We didn't sell the Camp Chef stove/oven but someone who was there said she wanted it and would take it if didn't sell, if we could wait till Tuesday when she got paid. I hope that works out.

It took almost all day to sell the Coleman Power Chill electric cooler. I still can't believe it. We thought that would go early, but no. It's always so funny to see the things we think will sell right away sit there, and the things we think no one will want go immediately.

Someone saw our bike trailer/jogging stroller and went home and put a pic of it on Facebook on a mommy's group, along with Mom's address, telling people to go there if they wanted one. So someone did. She seemed happy to get it. We were starting to wonder if that would sell, too, and I really didn't want to drag that big thing home.

We're so glad it's over. And so happy for the empty space where this stuff used to be. We don't have a total yet but Husby is estimating we brought in over $800. We had a ton of big ticket items and almost no little items.

The weight distributing hitch we've dragged around since 1987 is finally gone!

The funniest people who came were a couple from Louisiana. The first thing she said when she came up to us was, "It's cold here, y'all", which almost cracked me up but I was polite. It was in the high forties so she wasn't really wrong. The husband bought our two antique phones and the wife was complaining to me he always buys too much useless stuff. So then she was looking around and found the little plastic table we ended up giving to Mom and wanted that, so she paid for that and an enamel table from the 1950's, plus some other stuff. So then the husband pointed out the Coleman Deluxe Camp Kitchen and asked if she didn't want that for their camper, because they have a small camper and always have a kitchen set up outside. It was hilarious while they were discussing it. Finally she decided to get the Camp Kitchen and asked if she could return the plastic table. More hilarity ensued while the two of them and Husby tried to figure out how much more she owed for the table plus some other stuff they got. They were fun people! There are always some like that at a sale.

We had people there pretty steady all day long which was nice. But I hope we never have another sale ever again. Too much work. It's sure a relief to be rid of so much of our expensive stuff we'll never use, even if we did lose money on a lot of it. It helped a lot towards purging our house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gotta stop shopping on the resale blog I'm driving DH mad. Why dont people know where they Live>>really why?
    Bought a craft table NIB w/ electrical light plug attached w/ craft tray. Hoping she can sew on it too. Dd's bday is in a month basically. I found a gooseneck lamp to go w/ the table and prob. will get a wheeled chair of some sort. She sews on her bed right now. More than likely take her out w/ her Bf to eat.

Very gloomy here. The fundraiser for the trooper that was shot and then run over is moved until tomorrow. Horrible don't ask but 4 kids at home.
    And we opted out of the jam concert at the birdfeeder that was a troops fundraiser. Just chilly here.

Tired from all the driving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've been messing with the new laptop and getting nowhere. Husby has been researching how to reset the hard drive back to factory settings and getting nowhere. I tried using the restore CDs from my desktop, which went nowhere. But then Husby had the inspired idea to take the hard drive out of my old laptop which died last year. We think the motherboard died in that one. We had no idea if it would work, but he put it in and turned it on and so far it's working. It's too early to celebrate completely, but it's definitely all my old info and stuff, so we're hoping it'll be fully functional. If so, then the new computer would DEFINITELY be worth the $5 it cost! ~fingers crossed!~ I had no idea we still had the old laptop, which was supposed to have been thrown away. Lucky it wasn't!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

50 is unusual for this time of year, but we have no humidity. Next week it will be back in the 90s. Had to teach two classes today instead of one. Started with a headache and ended with a headache. My eye is really bothering me today. Did some laundry, but that's it for today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD! of I would have told you to swap! we do that all the time to recover lost data because we used to buy old computers and make Frankenputers for the kids. They were just collector of viruses back then anyway.

GB-sorry I maxed out on Excederin Migraine today too. Weather for me.
    Gnight people.