2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 175
Page 175 of 271 FirstFirst ... 75125165172173174175176177178185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    Then last night a new trauma. I was out in the front yard looking for one of our cats to bring her in when I saw a neighbor's cat get hit and die. I ran and got the neighbor, and the lady who hit it turned around and came back, and I had to reassure her that it wasn't her fault---the cat ran right across the road into her path. She couldn't have stopped in time, and she wasn't speeding, so I hope that she felt a little better about it after we talked. 3 other motorists stopped to help while we were dealing with the situation. It was just one of those really sad events that really was no one's fault. But it shook me up. Last night's sleep wasn't the best...
    I'm sorry about your cat but glad she is not suffering.

It's so awful to see a pet die. The city I worked in, some neighborhoods there pit bulls everywhere it seemed, not leashed (we had pit bulls, no dig on pit bulls intended). One ran right in front of me, I could not swerve because of packed traffic and I hit him. That truly affected me for a very long time, he had no collar so who ever owned him would not be notified that he had been killed, that really bothered me. And he was still alive, I waited forever for Animal Control so I somehow got him over to the side of the road and I sat with his head in my lap. Police came first and yelled at me to "step away from the dog, ma'am", yeah I'm not stupid, I know animals in pain can attack. He was unconscious and died a few minutes later, so I don't regret holding him. Had he been conscious or moving or even making sounds, i would never have done that. He barely had a pulse, was barely breathing and I was a hospice nurse, I have fairly decent assessment skills about when someone or something is going to imminently die. I hate that I killed that dog and still wonder if he had a family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok, not a productive day. that's ok

tomorrow I have Kohls cash to use up that expires so I actually have to leave my house, lol. Somehow I had so many stackable coupons and $10 Kohls cash, that I have two nice long sleeve shirts, casual to pick up there, they did not have one so it was canceled, so the total is $2.50! then I got a Discover email that I earned $2.75 from my Kohls purchase. So I am being paid 25c for two shirts, works for me!

But first I have to get my mom to try on all the nightgowns she ordered from there, I've told her all week, Sunday is the last day I can go to use the Kohl''s cash and it is the last day they will hold my -25c shirts. Of course, she has not done it, if she doesn't do it early-isn tomorrow, I am taking care of my stuff and hers will have to be returned another day. But everything is on my cc so I'd like to be done with Kohls and move on!
    She keeps buying things on my card because she needs help with online shopping and then the plan is to pay me back. But she always buys way too much and a ton gets returned, I have to do harder math to figure out what the heck she actually owes me with coupons and discounts at a time when math is not going well in my brain. And she doesn't mean to but it takes her forever to pay me back. I'm not doing it this way anymore. I need that money. She has owed me $200 for at least 6 mos, I forget all about it, she writes it down and it disappears in the paper hoard. oops, just remembered another one to add to the list, $150. PITA. I am no longer relying on memory, I'm putting it in the computer. Her cards from now on, especially because I feel like a huge jerk taking her money when they've been feeding me often. So I let it slide but we are over $350 and that is before her Kohls and Macys orders on my card. So it will be at least 500 bucks. That's too much to let slide right now.

I am done, I can't think of anything I needed over the last year that I haven't taken care of. Have comfy, cheap cotton tops, PJs, undies and socks, all of it accumulated incredibly cheaply. Only teeny bit of Christmas shopping left, taking a break there. Done and blessed, especially for my free shirts!

and after getting what I need and reading Konomari, a huge purge lies in my near future, can't wait! wish my socks would stop talking about how much they hate being in a ball and can't rest. They are noisy and I can't rest! Stupid, selfish socks, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did Friday's list (no list for yesterday as I was working). Plus I filled the small holes and put the green stuff in the big ones, so I should be able to start painting on Monday woohoo. I have as much days off as possible because I knew I would need them to get a headstart in the house.

For today:
    1. Tidy and clean the apartement up. I have barely been here all week and barely did any cleaning. But because I did eat inhere, I really need to do the dishes and such.
    2. Go to my nieces wedding picknick.
    3. Or rest if I need it, or another chore, not being supercritical today, I need a bit of off time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-ILC's neighbors cat not hers. Too bad you had returns because you can use Kohls cash online. I love those Christmas moments when you shop sale online,use kohls cash,get free shopping and use Discover points while building more Discover points. Feels like a win.
    Love Doing the Kroger too. Groceries and meds = goods points for gas plus price wars=super good gas prices.

Gloomy again today. Hope to get my Big Lots coupon $10 off $50. so I can buy the Purina cat food for the rescue.
    Dresser dragging day
    Dh will do laundry and I am doing 2 garbage bags for the trash monday-old food/cardboard,etc.

Happy Sun. All.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning rainy and cool here..feels like fall..
    Today floors, cat litter, sweep and mop...
    Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill for supper..
    Paige is coming up this evening to spend my birthday with me. ..
    She is so miserable only 1 month to go. .

Hugs to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday OM
    Ayanka, enjoy the day with your niece
    FW today seems to be laundry for me too?? don't know why though my week disappeared.
    Hello to everyone else
    I have garlic to braid & I must seperate the larger bulbs to plant for next year, DH got a batch of Red Ale brewed & I might just for fun plan some of the garden for next year.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, all. Feeling much better today, but taking it easy. My BP was over the top last night which explains the headache. Temps are unusually cool today. Today:
    1)Cut coupons and look for deals
    2) FINALLY making another batch of cinnamon cranberry pear jelly
    3) Phone shop
    4) Making chicken salad for sandwiches
    5) Making bread pudding today for DH

Have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, we're surprised it worked to swap the hard drives but we had nothing to lose. Neither computer was working anyway. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bonus that the old hard drive is being put to use because now for sure Husby will toss the old computer, so that'll be one more item purged out of the house. Still can't believe I have a nice computer now for only $5. This has really been my year for deals! It's an older computer but that's okay, I only need it for basic stuff, mostly internet. And it's running Vista, which my desktop has too. I don't know what advantage that is but at least they match. I always liked Vista. But I have Word installed on my old laptop too, which I know I'll need when we travel. So I don't have to fight with installing that. We don't have to do much of anything with it except get Norton to update, since it's the hard drive I always had and I can just pick up where I left off when the old laptop died last November.

I cleaned out the space this morning and we moved the bookcase from the back porch out to the entry of my cabin. I have metal canisters full of bird and squirrel food out there, and the shelves are perfect for that and fit that small space. The bookcase needs to be out of the back porch to make room for the cabinets I'm going to get painted soon, this week I hope. So that part's done. I still have to make space for a smaller cabinet that's still in the back porch, but that will be fairly quick and simple now that the excess is out of my way in my office. We have trim to finish and some knotty pine to put on the walls yet back there, so I hope we can get that done yet this fall. It would be nice to have one room in this place that was completely finished, even if it's just a small pass-through room.

Still can't believe the timing of finding that free credenza right before the sale. We sold the old buffet Husby was using for $5. A picker who owns a resale shop bought it along with a bunch of other stuff. He couldn't believe it was only $5, but I really didn't want to have to deal with that thing again even to take it to GW, so we priced it accordingly. It's a really pretty style but needs a makeover. It'll be cute if someone fixes it up. It's still solid but all scratched up and has some veneer chipped off, etc. Well worth $5 though.

Things are finally starting to shape up around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, have a fabulous birthday! Be good to yourself!

Bernice, it was my neighbor's cat that got hit. Our cat Wolfie had died too but had been euthanized at the vet. Yesterday we got a lovely sympathy card signed by the doctors and the techs who work there. They're expensive but worth it.

SD, glad you were able to cobble together the 'puters and get a working one. We used to do that at work. Sometimes our computer/printer/everything else would be 3 or 4 different makers and parts. But they worked.

Gbug, be careful with your BP! Just try to take it as easy as you can.

fw, our Kroger has gas for $1.99 today plus I have over 400 gas points. YEA!

Ayanka, yes, take some time for yourself.

Rona, we're thinking about next year's garden now too even though it's going to be in the mid-80s later this week. DH usually starts things from seeds in January so it won't be much longer before we start planting in little plastic cups and setting them in sunny windows.

pinetree, how is your weather? Last night it was 56 and today it will be high 70s and bright sun. Just wonderful. If only it wouldn't get hotter---but it will.

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Wash comforters (from yesterday)
    3) Mop (from yesterday)
    4) Finish that book
    5) Cook something nice---been eating a lot of ham the last few days and I think we're ready for something else
    6) Watch Sherlock at 9:00 on PBS

Have a great Sunday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-thanks for the warning? They will be driving crazy over there!!!
    SD-when you want it to go price it so!! Some one will chalk paint it and sell it for a bazillion no doubt. But it gone!
    OM-happy B-day. Tell Piage its work but worth it.

Got Cat litter at Pet supplies plus but will need much more before winter really hits.
    Went to Big Lot but no Purina. Back to Pet Supplies later or tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, apparently we're the only two people on the planet that didn't realize we could make a working computer by swapping out the hard drives! ROFL! Better late than never to that knowledge, I guess! Whatever, I'm just excited to have it now!

I'm glad you're getting a break from your hot weather. It was in the mid-forties here yesterday when we left for the sale at six AM. The sea smoke on the lake was beautiful, and the fog around the lake, too. It was a beautiful sunrise as it started to lift. I think we were only in the sixties yesterday afternoon and we had a light breeze with sunny skies, so it was a perfect day for the sale. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Mom even made us a turkey dinner for lunch.

FW, absolutely! We put cheap prices on most things, but we had some very expensive items there, too. People were saying what nice stuff we had and we did. We had a ton of brand new or barely used "we're scared to tow our trailer in the Rockies" and "tent camping really sucks" gear we sold. We sold coolers, XL heavy duty cots, camp stoves, camp kitchens, lanterns, all kinds of gear we've accumulated over the years. Husby parted with the antique phones that belonged to his parents that we have no place for, so that's two projects off my to-do list. We mentioned lots of camping gear in the sale ad, so people knew before they came what they'd find there. We only brought home a stove, the Porta Potti, a cot, the tent, and two items headed for the metal scrap pile. Not bad, considering the huge loads we took. Still can't believe that's all we had left. Last week was great, between the giant load of trash we hauled out of the garage and the loads of stuff we sold. If we could do that every week, we'd have this place purged in about three weeks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

First time on in quite awhile. I'm alive. Going to go read and catch up. Forgot where I even left off.

Making chili for later and hopefully enough left for a meal or two this upcoming week. Cooking squares for him when I get home is a killer. Try to do some while I'm off Sundays and Mondays.
    Might make a meatloaf and baked beans too.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Niko, glad to see you back! How goes it? You mention meatloaf which reminds me we haven't had meatloaf in a long time. I should do that this week. I'm sort of working on my weekly menu at this time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, welcome back! You've been missed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all,

Babysat the grands this morning. DD and SIL went to New Hampshire to do some shopping and just hang out together alone. I got there, son in law saw I'd arrived and yelled "run honey!". LOL!! They kissed the kids and hit the bricks Her in laws came by around 11:30 to pick up the girls and take them to a birthday party for their cousin so I was free to head out.

Yesterday in the mail I got a GC for 25.00 to one of the grocery stores in our area from my insurance company. The accompanying letter says it's a reward for making healthy choices so that was a nice surprise. It was to the store that I don't go to very often as it's a couple of towns over from us so I stopped in there on the way back from DDs to see what they have that might be different from what my store carries.

Now I should get back to meal planning of sorts. Have a good afternoon / evening everyone