2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 176
Page 176 of 271 FirstFirst ... 76126166173174175176177178179186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    First time on in quite awhile. I'm alive. Going to go read and catch up. Forgot where I even left off.

Making chili for later and hopefully enough left for a meal or two this upcoming week. Cooking squares for him when I get home is a killer. Try to do some while I'm off Sundays and Mondays.
    Might make a meatloaf and baked beans too.
    After divvying up the burger I had about a pound and half left. Was stuck between tacos and sloppy joes. Leaning toward tacos but Joes would work better for one night this coming week. Tomorrow might make either potato salad or macaroni salad. He can eat either one as long as has self control.

Any easy suggestions that you have that will container well for several days or maybe ... maybe... freeze are welcome.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!! Waving!! I DID not sleep in, I couldn't get my computer to turn on! So SD gets a new one, for free, lol, and I am going to end up buying one!! sob...

OM, Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you .. Happy Birthday dear OM... Happy Birthday to you!!!! hugs..Eat cake for me!!

Niko, OMG, Thank you for posting, I was really getting worried about you! Hows your Hubs doing? I really hope things are going better!! I have been making egg muffins, eggs, mushrooms, onion, brocolli, what ever you want, put them in muffin tins and bake, I cant remember the rest but will get it for you if you want, they are good to just nuke and eat. They freeze well too..

I freeze sloppy joes, goulash, pretty much anything I have alot of leftover with. just nuke or warm them slowly, or stir while heating.

FW, Do you have 9 lives cat food up there? My cats refuse to eat friskies, and I cant find anything else in the bigger cans.

Bernice, sounds like you are doing well. glad things are working out for your Mom

Hikr, have you found baking soda yet? I keep hearing King soopers has it, but we cant find it, WTG on your trip!

SD, wow you are just traveling full sream ahead.... plus a free computer!! Bet your house is really starting to look different now! Great job!

Ayanka, Dont hurt yourself working too hard, have fun today at the picnic!

GM, I agree, be careful with your blood pressure, Take it easy!

Rona, How many garlic do you plant? We got our garlic done about a month ago. I love using it, it smells so good!

ILC, Our weather has been in the 80's, and I guess thats where its staying for awhile! Weather man said last night we might get snow in the hills ( mountains) this week. Thats good,, thats where we need it.Wow I dont start seeds until mar or april, what do you plant? This weather is finally riping some tomatoes, hopefully they will start coming in full force.

Did I forget anyone?

Well, yesterday I forgot it was our town party!! We had a pig roast, a parade, with all the tractors, horses, donkeys, and kids on floats ( flatbed trailer with straw bales and kids waving) and 4 wheelers.theres so many of us in the parade, hters not many people watching!.then we have our own fireworks at 9pm. I was just the best time ever! The fireworks were just beautiful and LOud, scared all my birds, cats, and everything else that was around.. but it was so good.Our firemen all volunteer and all fight to light them off. Its just a good time for all.

Today all the cats are still scared and jump at anything. Feel bad for them! but its only once a year we dont have 4th of july here, we have to go to another town.

Today
    I'm not doing much, didn't sleep and am tired,, so relax day... then watch out tomorrow!! lol

Have a wonderful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey! It wasn't free! We had to pay five whole bucks and be verbally abused by someone who didn't want to let us pay what someone else said we could pay! I'm sorry about your computer. That's how mine acted last year when it was about to quit. A techie friend of ours thought it might be the motherboard, although I guess other things can cause it not to start. Hope you can get yours fixed or replaced soon.

We got the second cabinet moved to my office. I'm not sure I like where it is but I have another option. Still have things to sort in the corner before I can do much different though. Tomorrow I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming and do some more work in my office tidying up and some more sorting. I took the 30-gallon trash can out of there now because I think the throwing away of things is winding down. The middle room is looking good now. Still have some drawers to sort and some more books. I was able to find a place for the glass door cabinet I had my Indian books in and I'm hoping since I purged so many books, I'll be able to get in all the Indian books plus my writing books, but I'm not sure. Either way, it'll give me a lot more space out there for books, which I need.

The house is looking a lot different now, for sure! We're loving having more space and less clutter. Finally, things are starting to snowball and we're starting to really see the progress. It's taken years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well, didn't meet goal of going to Kohl's, too wobbly and even with a wheelchair, so my dad picked up my free shirts and did my mom's return, so nice of him. It turns out applying kohl's cash, 30% code, $10 off accessories and free ship, I got $92 of sale/clearance stuff down to $52, and earned $10 Kohl's cash. I would never have been able to figure all that out in the store without making my dad insane and with free ship, why bother? I confess I spent $40 on things I did not need but really, really wanted and they were so cheap. But I have to stop, kohl's cash is the devil, it keeps you going back again and again and again, lol. Now they have another program, YES, I got $5 from that so far.

I'm getting into shopping online as a way to feel better. DONE. well, I will be getting $10 of devil Kohl's cash. So I will spend the ten bucks but then DONE.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

is there a thread here that holds you accountable to not spend money on things you do not need when you have decided you are done doing that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    thanks! exactly what I need!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greetings from the new laptop out in my office! I still can't believe it! Husby got Norton up and running and the wireless seems to be working fine. It's all good to go! I think I'm going to like this arrangement. I just have to figure out now how to arrange things on my desk with two printers and now two computers.

Now if I could just stumble across a 20" flat screen monitor for $5. LOL. Not much chance of that happening! But I'm still grateful for getting my old hard drive back and this nice new computer in its fancy shmancy bag.

Going in the house now. But I'm leaving the new laptop out here to get acquainted to its new home and all the other electronics it's going to be living with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, well, while you are out looking for a "free" monitor, and you run across a laptop for Nothing, you want to pick it up for me? I'll give you $20 plus pay for shipping!! lol
    I swear you are one lucky lady!! SO happy you got it working, and theres nothing wrong with it!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Pinetree, I'm a bit of a garlic lover and aim for 2 bulbs pw then add on 15% for crop failure & 15% for give away so that amounts up to 135 bulbs but I'll round that up to 150 (what can I say I like round numbers) we grow a soft neck variety, they get a mulch of compost manure at planting and again in the spring when they start to bulk up. We have used our own bulbs for 7(i think) years and are getting nice fat bulbs with plenty of taste. Last year was my first harvesting some wet for use loved it Enjoy your day and relax.

Niko I've never eaten sloppy joes, I googled and have to say I'm hungry now they sound lovely.

SD you sound like you have a real handle on the clutter and your office sounds lovely, that computer was some find Isn't it amazing how much grá(sorry liking) we have for something that we got at a great price!!!

My kids are all away to school, Animals are fed and watered , dogs, cat, cockatiel & chickens. Physio appointment is over. So after catching up here a bit I will have the following to do:

Check energy usages, turn off, unplug etc.
    Bake - buns, scones, soup and get potatoes ready for dinner
    Clean out car
    Sweep and wash floors in hall, sitting and kitchen
    Spend 7 minutes in each of the following dd1 bedroom, dd2 bedroom, bathroom, sitting, sun, hall.

To be honest if can get all of that done before 3pm I'll be delighted
    Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    I had a lovely birthday..Paige is not feeling well..
    I used to have garlic and chives growing at the old house..
    Love sloppy Joe's
    SD your declutteing has gone well
    Today doctors appointment
    1 load of baby clothes done
    I load of jeans
    Leftovers for supper. .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Morning. The temps are so cool here in North Texas. My little garden that I planted last week is already coming up. Yeah! I have had a rough weekend with my eye and headaches. Not feeling so great today, but I will press on. I have therapy today, so that will help. Got some ironing and a phone shop to do. Going to run by CVS on my way home and pick up DH some mouth rinse since it is on sale, using a store coupon, and getting $2 reward bucks back. It makes it only 99cents. That is the only time that I purchase mouthwash. DH has to use samples that I get. $5 movie night, but don't know if I am going to make it tonight. Going to stir fry veggies tonight for dinner. Everyone have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning,

Pinetree, no I still haven't found the baking powder! We don't have a King Soopers here though. I did go in a store yesterday that I don't usually go into for groceries and checked there too and no dice. Darn it all. Your town party sounds fun!

GB I hope you feel better soon. Headaches are tough. They just run me right down . Glad you're garden is coming up.

OM glad you had a good birthday but sorry to hear Paige isn't feeling well. The end of the pregnancy is rough. Tell her to hang in there, soon she'll have that beautiful baby in her arms and it will all be worth it.

Rona you know what's weird? I love garlic bread and the taste of garlic in that form. But I can't handle fresh garlic. DH bought it once for a recipe he was making and I actually had to leave the house because it was so strong. I am the weirdest issues with smells, textures etc. I did buy some minced dried garlic just to see if I can handle that in a recipe to get the flavor but in a milder form. It's like I love spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce etc but I can't eat a tomato. The texture just does me in. I'm the same way with onions. I can't eat an onion but I love the onion taste in things so I use onion powder liberally. LOL!

SD you're so inspiring with your decluttering. I've been doing some as I've gone along with cleaning and packing here and there but still so much to do.

I can't switch back pages to look at the rest of the posts...shoot.

HI to Ayanka, Rabbit, Niko, Jen, FW, ILC, Bernice and anyone I missed.

Today we are doing some touch ups in the house then I need to put the switch plates / plug covers back on. Kids coming this afternoon <3 More packing and cleaning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr00, yep I know what you mean, my ds has some quirks that way, eg can't cope with the feel of a mushroom in his mouth & funnily I remember when I was very young cabbage, brussel sprouts the smell and texture would actually turn my stomach whereas I would eat them until they came out my ears now (stir fired bsprouts - yum).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't like fresh garlic like powdered..loved dehydrated minced onions .hate mushrooms.. the only tomato I will eat is off the vine on blt.. canned tomatoes all the way...I guess it is texture issue