2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 178
Page 178 of 271 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No red flag warnings here, but it's choppy enough it wouldn't be a fun ride today.

I hate sexism. I've been trying to get a response from our doctor for weeks both by phone and e mail. I haven't been able to reach him. Husby sends one e mail last evening and today I came in from my office to find a phone message from the doc. Seriously, I hate this crap. Why are women a bunch of idiotic whiners to be ignored while men are automatically to be respected? I thought we were living in a more enlightened age these days.

I'm so tired. Trying to write up that appeal the past two days has taken so much mental energy and it wears me right out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I hope those cookies are good. Oatmeal cookies=YUM to me. And you just come on down to GA whenever you want to and are able to!!! Wouldn't we have a good time, eating Chick-Fil-A and ice cream

Are you getting any smoke/pollution from the California fires? I feel so bad for those people.

No snakes for me! Hate them with a passion. They gross me out and make me want to throw up. I'm not afraid of critters except for those.

hikr, I do that with banana pudding too. I don't really care for bananas but I dearly love the pudding.

Gbug, that sounds like a great menu---soup and crisp. Yummy!

om, yes, housework will always be there tomorrow. I use that excuse frequently but hey, it's true.

SD, you cruel person, making those animals wait past their lunch time!

fw, anything you spend at the rescue is worth it. Really, could you NOT do that? I bet the answer is no.

Everybody else---Rona, Jen, Niko, etc.,----hi!

Well, a few minutes ago DH called to me and lo and behold, guess who had strolled into the house----Friend the cat! He acted as though it was the most natural thing in the world to be here. He quickly found his way to the bowls of kibble and water, enjoyed them, then stretched out on the kitchen counter while I loaded the dishwasher. He is such a cool boy.

For Tuesday:

1) Errands (after getting a late start since I slept waaaay in) DONE
    2) Unload/load dishwasher DONE
    3) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    4) Catch up on some emails DONE
    5) Some household budget work DONE
    6) Enjoy the weather IN PROGRESS

Have a good rest-of-Tuesday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, thats a cat for you! Glad hes back, isnt it funny how you can get so attached to one?!
    The cookies were so good I had to make another batch. it only makes 6-8 cookies, so I doubled it this time! Just give me some time, I would love to travel again! But I cant eat chick-fil-a, but I could eat ice cream while you eat one!! Wouldn't bother me any!! lol

SD, yep its still a mans world. I have men that will only talk and order from DH, I guess i am not smart enough to understand them or know what a dollar is? Nothing you can do about it, what really ticks me of is when it is a Dr. Good Luck with that ins. thing, I really hope they change their minds, what about asking them to review the phone conversations? Dont they tape them?? Hey thought about reusing your pool table, had a friend once that had big legs off something, he cut them in half and used them for tables, dont you need shelves or a work table for your green house?

FW, I will swing by your place too, you arent far from SD are you?

Boy I sure are making big plans for myself! Well I can dream...

Hey we have a new cat running around, only this one has a pretty blue collar on, and a favorite of mine, its pure black like Kona. I love black cats.

Ayanka, I'm sorry, I missed you this morning.. Hi, hope all is well

RRRAAAABBBBIITTTT??? open a window!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not doing the happy dance yet, but hopefully, soon.

Our doctor called me a while ago in response to Husby e mailing him last night asking him to call me about this insurance mess. He said he'd look into it for me, but that it would be a hard sell to get our health care system to give me the referral. That's about what I expected to hear, and I also understood why he said that, what with the contracts and money and all the other complexities of relationships between health care networks and health insurance companies. Okay, fine, we did what we could to explore that avenue in hopes of getting these bills paid, so I figured we'd have to wait a few weeks while our health care network hashed it all over and then, in the end, decided not to do anything to help us. After all, my doc told me not to wait to send in the appeal to the insurance company, and they had refused to help me several times already. All I can say is, it's good to have a doctor who is also a big deal in the system's administration because I got another call from him about twenty minutes later saying he had talked to the medical director and they were going to fix this mess for us. They felt I had 'been a victim of a flaw in insurance coverage' and they were going to talk to our insurer about it, plus talk to our local eye doc and see if he would be willing to refer more patients to our health care system instead of sending everyone to the surgeon I had. He also emphasized I shouldn't send in the appeal. About a half hour after talking to my doc, I got a call from the plan manager at our health provider asking for the dates of service and names of the facilities and doctors involved in my care, and then they said I needed to call them all and tell them to resubmit their bills because our health care provider had already sent in the referral, the magic key that should unlock the vault at our insurance company. I have no idea what they have up their sleeves because I suspect there's money in it somewhere for our care network, but I don't care as long as our bills are paid as promised. It's still sinking in that something I have been unable to make any progress at all on for a couple of months now is suddenly fixed in about an hour. Unbelievable, and I won't really believe it till the statements start arriving showing the bulk of the bills have been paid, with little numbers instead of gigantic ones showing what we owe. But it's sure looking more hopeful now.

I've informed Husby I can afford to hire a plumber now. LOL.

Still waiting on the bill for the driveway. The water heater bill came and it was $730. About half of that was the water heater itself and a big chunk of the remainder was fittings and materials. We'd have had to buy that stuff even if I installed it myself, so overall we can't complain about that bill, and I'm very happy I didn't have to put it in.

Things are looking up, suddenly. I sure feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I hope it all turns out like everyone is telling me it will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Think Lucky SD!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it's beyond luck now. My doc said if the bills weren't paid, to call and let him know. Since the insurance plan manager called me herself and told me to have everyone resubmit their bills to insurance because our health care provider had already sent in the referral the insurance kept insisting we needed, it really should be all over now except the 5% we are responsible for. I feel like my head has been in a fog all summer and it's starting to clear away now. I didn't realize I had been feeling so overwhelmed by it all. It's probably been a factor in why I haven't been able to focus on certain things lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-somewhat DH/ $50. extra on the glasses,the optometrist wasnt covered as i said it wouldnt be,$60. for air filter and 2 wiper blades instead of 1. He gets an "allowance of $40. now
    But I have a pet project that is costing us lg. and more stuff for the rescue weekly.
    Plus more eating out.
    But its winter prep too. I just bought a bunch of litter and will get more stocked in.
    So ALL those extras add up and up.

Picked up Dd and caught .99 cones day at DQ.
    A little worried about Dmom. She is down to 109# and says she has to force herself to eat. She is in a tizzy about the house. I told her to just walk away and visit to clean its such a dump. I suspect her sodium might be low again. Dbro messed things up by taking her last time and its beem 3 months which is too long in heart failure. So prayers please.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got my pear crisp, cornbread, and soup made. I had some kind of broth in the freezer. I think it actually came from a turkey that I cooked and I added brown rice, onions, and mushrooms. It was quite tasty. Well, tomorrow is the day. I had my stroke 6 months ago. I have my MRI at 8:30 in Dallas. Oh, boy. Tried to get DH to spend the night down there and he said we would just leave early.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just checking in but no time to read. I might be gone for a few weeks other than checking in occasionally but hope to be back after that. Everything is fine, just using my computer time to work on other things.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, please try to check in occasionally...but if you can't, then just come back as soon as you can.

Gbug, praying for a safe trip to Dallas and an easy and quick MRI. I guess it's for your brain? I've had a brain MRI and I just had to lie there while the machine made lots of loud drum-banging sounds. Monotonous, to say the least. But nothing to dread.

fw, can you call your mom's doctor and talk about your concerns? Or can you get her an appointment?

pinetree, sorry, I forgot about the Chick-Fil-A, but we'll visit some other places. We eat really well here! I love black cats too. My Maggie was a little bitty black cat I had for 20 years. The vet estimated her age at 2 when she took up residence with me, so that made her 22 when she went to the Rainbow Bridge. She was wonderful.

SD, I know you're ready for the billing mess to be over!

I'm going ahead and posting my Wednesday to-do list:

1) Change litter boxes
    2) Get grocery lists and coupons together
    3) Library
    4) Kroger
    5) Revise menus for Wed-Sun
    6) Make a couple of phone calls
    7) Church 6:30

Have a good Wednesday tomorrow, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-she has an October appt, so prob. not. I will go on this one. Dbro better not butt in an "decide" he will handle it because he doesnt handle anything. He sees his Dmom not an 82 yr old who doesnt ask questions,only hears about 30% and forgets 50%. He just takes her at her word. I respect my Dmom but know her doing the best she can at this age sometimes still leaves gaps.

Off to the rescue at 11 so I better get going on some work around here and call the mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Getting some small things done today.

~called the surgeon's office and gave them the news about the insurance supposedly being cooperative now, so they can resubmit the bills. I'm hoping that was the last phone call I'll have to make about this issue.
    ~put up new coat rack in my office, so now I can hang up my heavy sweatshirt I'll be needing any day now and my fuzzy Siberian husky slippers.
    ~dug out a chair cushion to help me decide if I really want my office chair to be higher. I do! So modifying it is on the to-do list now. I'm really surprised it can't be made any higher, but it's maxed out. Maybe that's why they sold it. No problem, I can fix it and I'm still very happy I bought it.
    ~now that I don't have to live, breathe, and sleep insurance appeals, I was able to read through the partial ms. of the book I want to finish and see if I can publish. It made me laugh and cry, always a good sign. Now I just have to figure out where to go from here. Maybe I should start making a story board.
    ~sorted through Husby's multitude of different-strength dollar store glasses and found a pair that might work for computer glasses out here. I don't want to start buying my own multitude of glasses, so I'm just going to test-drive some of his until I can figure out what I really need.
    ~rearranged my computers. Still not satisfied. I don't know what to do with the tower. But I like the printer arrangement and I love that I shoot around the room in my office chair, something I've never been able to do before with any other chair.
    ~rounded up three workable matching blinds from the garage to put in my office. They're a tad too narrow but should work. Unfortunately I have four windows, but I have another one I can cut down. I can't believe the cheap blinds now are $15 each on sale. That won't be happening, in a room only the two of us ever see.
    ~discovered Husby went through all the CD's in the truck and van and put all my music back into the proper cases in my office for me. Sweet of him.
    ~hung up the stained glass loons. I don't like them where I put them. Will have to think on that because I only have one east window and they're going to fade fast enough there without putting them in the south or west windows.
    ~took down some of the insulated drapes and mismatched rods they were on. They're still nice but I hate them. I'll be saving them though. I made them over years ago into upper and lower drapes, but I might make them one-piece again and put them inside the window frames for a different look. Then I could have summer and winter drapes/curtains and use the blinds when appropriate, too. This place is so hard to heat I need every advantage.
    ~brought out an African violet for my desk. I hope it'll be happy out here.

When I got to work this morning, I found a busy little chipmunk loading up at the feeder. Except for a brief interruption by a screaming little red squirrel, he's been out there all morning. At least now I know who's been here anyway. So cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i had a long post and lost the whole thing, , my computer just went black, and of course didnt come back on until everything was gone, so Hi, It was morning, its not now, I'll post later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate when. I lose my post

Had a visit from a friend.
    Ta done
    Laundry.
    Floors
    Cat litter
    Unload dishwasher

To do cook supper
    Chicken and egg noodles and peas muffins to snack on.....

SD u do more in one day than I do in 2 weeks...
    Hugs to all..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A lot of what I do is just little stuff, though. I'm detail-oriented so probably list things other people wouldn't.

I did go through and shred some old mss. and some rejection letters. I'm a little disappointed in the shredder I got at GW because it's supposed to be a five sheet shredder but complains about shredding two, plus it jams easily and overheats easily. But it's still better than the one I had, and if I have big shredding jobs to do, I can use a better one in Husby's office. Usually I don't have a lot to shred at one time in my office, so it'll probably still work out well for my purposes.

My new hundred year old recycling box is perfect though. Love that. It fits so well under my fridge and it's just the right size so a sheet of paper lays flat. It's going to work out great and it's so much nicer than a cardboard box with more character than a tote.

I turned my fridge down a few days ago and it's holding at 34 degrees and nothing is freezing, not even the pop I put right underneath the freezer in there. Before I added the fan, that spot was guaranteed to freeze anything and everything. I'm beyond happy I didn't sell the fridge and that the fan has fixed the problem and the fridge will now work out. I need to find a nice container to use for a small fruit bowl out there now, so I can have some healthy snacks out there.