2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 179
Page 179 of 271 FirstFirst ... 79129169176177178179180181182189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK going to try this again, if I lose it I am not doing it again!!

FW, Sure hope your Mom is ok, Could it be one of her pills? DH was one something and started not eating, he lost a mess of weight before they decided it was one of his pills, Sending up prayers for her, let us know.. Have a good time playing with the animals! Give them all hugs!

GM, Congratulations on your 6 mo!! Good Luck and prayers being said your mri comes back good. Your food sounds wonderful!

RABBIT, Thank you for checking in, now I wont worry so much. say Hi once in awhile K?

ILC, Cheeta and Keeta were my little tiny black short haired girls only lived to 18.5 and 17, 22 is just wonderful!! I bet you really still miss Maggie.
    The cookies are wonderful, anymore any kind of food is wonderful! Its a good thing I like fruit and veggies!

SD, um,, I saw where you were posting about a "free" computer hahaha lol how funny! I'm hoping your bills get paid! Yea on the fridge..

OM, Hope you had fun with your friend! Hows Paige? Take care,, hugs

Ayanka, how the house coming along?

Hikr, did you find it? I know I'm getting anxious!

Hi, Rona, Jen and any one else I forgot

I have ta dones for today!! YippEE!!
    bagged froze tomatoes
    vacuumed bedroom, and sucked up cobwebs
    put dishes and pots and pans away
    cleaned inside of a fan
    wiped down counters
    straightened out pot-pan cupboard

still need to
    apply lettering
    find dinner
    grocery list
    wipe down bathroon
    thats enough....

Have a great day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was at the near-opthamologist bright and early this morning. Had 7 tests to find that I have neurosclerosis in both eyes and a slow connection between my optic nerve and brain. Doc gave me eye drops and pain medicine and a new prescription. I have to go to Grand Prairie on Friday and have the MRI and meet with the doc again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did the rescue. Got ambitious and cleaned the 5 boxes and swept,cleaned the door and window,all the cabinet fronts and the counter,changed out the rug. Still bored so I moved cat furniture and swept under all of it. Did the dishes and brushed a few cats. Had a quick snack break and played w/ puppies. OMGoodness there are 2 nice dogs that look like Mackey. They are thicker headed but i was surprised. Thank goodness we dont own a farm or something. One got this goofy look and showed his teeth. I said oh you are smiling at me. Oh lick lick you get it!. We have the nicest bulldog too. I wish we could find homes for them. The little dogs always get homes even if they are clock stopping ugly. We now have a genetically flawed hairless chiuaua (mind blank on spelling),looks like a grub. Prob. get taken by next week. The dog w/ the broken leg got adopted. The beautiful Corgi sits??
    Same w/ the kittens. The FIV positive kitten-adopted. The beautiful Calico-passed.?????? People love a sob case. Hopefully Friday the zoo event will clear out a bunch that have been sitting for too long.

Dmom is now 108# and I am freaked. She doesnt even know how to eat fat foods
    anymore I swear.

So far I have thrown 1 load in and still need to run the DW. I am only running it 1-2x a week now-lovely.
    Should vaccumn when my feet stop screaming.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Having my MRI tomorrow. My SIL is in the hospital recovering from knee surgery. My BIL passed out in the doctor's office and they had to do chest compressions.(Not the husband of the former). He is in the hospital overnight. This has been a stressful day to say the least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-i'd say so!. please try and take it easy. Prayers for a good MRI result.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I am soo proud of myself that I had to share. I am appalled at the high price of Starbucks pumpkin spiced coffee, so I tried adding pumpkin pie spice, a packet of creamer and sugar(free from my hotel stash) into plain coffee. Top it with whipped cream if you like and it was great. Add the amount of each to suit your taste buds. Going for my MRI this afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I refuse to even try all those expensive drinks and fall in that $5. a day habit. Good going GB.
    Even like ice cream when the kids were little. I bought used banana split glasses and sundae glasses and we made our own. Super cheap. Shakes are another outrageous item.
    Even pizza. I used to have the kids construct them and freeze. Or have a party.

Doing laundry,going to a sub sale,taking Dd to work,putting her on the ins.,vaccumning. All the classics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, I love it when I can find or make a good clone! Congrats on your successful tinkering.

Ta-done:
    ~made dog food and cleaned up the huge mess that always makes. I found some fish in the freezer dated 2006. WHAT?! Normally I keep on top of our food much better than that. I put that in the dog food, even though it was in cryo packaging and didn't even look freezer burned. It was only a half pound, luckily.
    ~washed out two drawers that mice had invaded in the back porch. They probably came in the dog door while the cats were asleep or something. Threw out one vintage tablecloth that was a little chewed which was rotten anyway. Another one was a little chewed, but only on the very edge so that'll be washed and easily repaired.
    ~cleaned out the four drawers from the cabinets that were in the cabin entry, soon to go into the back porch. More mouse messes because the door has big gaps due to not fitting right since the building has settled. Still debating what to do about that and hope to get it corrected yet this fall.
    ~modified one of the drawers by removing built in drawer dividers with peeling cheapo laminate. I think it'll serve us better without dividers anyway. We'll most likely be putting tools in those drawers.
    ~emptied the dishwasher.
    ~put out birdfeeders.
    ~mixed up a cashew, peanut, and chocolate chip snack mix for Husby. Gotta stay away from that.
    ~discovered the dogs' heartworm meds were over two weeks late, so called the vet to see if they could take them late without being tested. No problem, luckily, and since we don't have a lot of heartworm up here, most likely it won't matter.
    ~gave dogs Nexgard and laid out Frontline for cats to treat them as soon as things dry out outside, so they don't just go out and wipe it off in the wet vegetation.

Still have to figure out a healthy supper.

Suddenly, the big freezer is developing huge chunks of empty space, so we need to defrost that real soon. It needs it badly.

I see the fiftieth annual buffalo round-up is 9/25 at Custer State Park in South Dakota. If Sugar was up to a trip like that, that would be all the excuse we'd need to go.

Rainy here today, so still no bikes. We're going to have to pack them up for the winter pretty soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning,

GB, praying your mri is good, how scarey!! Please take it easy! WTG on the coffee!

FW, sent up a prayer for your Mom. Sounds like you got alot done during our burst of energy! Sure hope all those furbabies find loving homes!

SD, wow you just got the bikes out on the lake, I am Not ready for cold weather!! Its been in the 80's here, we are finally getting summer!! Hope it lasts for along time too!

Missing
    Om
    RABBIT
    Ayanka
    Jen
    Hikr
    Rona
    Niko
    ilc
    Bernice

Kinda pooped myself out yesterday, so taking it easy today
    clean top of stove
    fluff up cat beds
    clean mirrors, tv's and cmputer screens
    find dinner

Have a beautiful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I'm here! Had a 9:00 dr appointment to go over bloodwork and didn't see her till 11, then we talked a while so we left there around 11:35. Then we were famished since we overslept and had to rush to the appointment so we went to Krystal and ate. It was soooo good. We eat breakfast at Krystal on Sunday after church but we seldom eat there any other time.

My BP was 119/70 so I was thrilled and so was my doctor. She switched me to a different BP medication a couple of months ago and it seems to be working very well. My kidney function is better too. The only problem is my fairly low sodium so she gave me strict orders to salt my food. I haven't really used salt since Daddy had a heart attack at age 49 and Mama quit cooking with salt in anything. When I moved out on my own I didn't use salt and it has continued. But my doctor said I have to use some.

Today is another glorious day weather-wise. The temps will be around 90 over the weekend but the lows will still be in the 60s, so I'm hoping we can get by without AC. We haven't had to use it in almost a week, and our electricity usage is averaging around $3 a day.

Gbug, let us know how the MRI turns out.

pinetree, I do miss Maggie. She came to me when I was single in my first apartment and stayed with me well into marriage and my kids.

You did so well yesterday with your ta-dones!! Yes, take it easy today.

fw, is your mom lonely? That can affect the appetite. I'm glad you'll go to the dr with her next month.

Hi to everybody else!

For Thursday:

1) Dr appointment DONE
    2) General reset of downstairs
    3) Decide when to do errands --Friday? Saturday?
    4) Look at next week's calendar with DH for appointments, etc.
    5) Call in an RSVP to a church dinner
    6) Clean out fridge since tomorrow is trash day

I think that's it. Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was false labor day.. all I can say I think Addie is gonna come soon .. one load of Laundry done and cooked supper. . That is for me

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree: No worries when I am not here. I ll show up again. Just very busy with the house and such. If you don't hear me for more than a week or I haven't been on in days, then Im really missing .

SD: meat from 2006? That is my graduation year. From highschool. And I have only been working 4 years, after 5 years of college... But the dogs are perfectly fine, right?

FW, how big is your mum? I am 5 foot 2 and probably about 108 pounds too. I have been this way all my life and I only keep it at 108 if I really watch my calories. But I am affraid your mum is taller and this is a genuine problem right? Could she eat things like pasta or a lot of bread or so? I assume high sodium prepared stuff is not a good idea (can't remember what her medical problems are exactly)?
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, glad to hear you ae busy with your house. I wont worry!

ILC, WTG on your blood pressure and kidneys!!! ROTF!! lol Hahaha, you get to eat the salt and I cant have any!!!! I would give anything to have a salted nut roll!!! or salted potato chip, yep, just one, or a little sprimkle of salt on my watermelon.... I am SO jealous!!!
    Will have to look up Krystal, nerver heard of it. Keep up the good work!

Praying GM'S tests all come out good....

OM, hang on you might be a grandma before you know it!!

Well today was a wonderful day to not get a thing done. My BFF called and now its the end of the day. I swear we can talk all day, and not say anything... but I won't give her up for anything! It was a wonderful day, Hope you all had the same!

Tomorrows list
    empty dishwasher, well run it first
    run thru and pick and clean up each room
    declutter more if I can
    maybe a load of laundry.

Have a good one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey SD if you go to the roundup, take pictures, thats only a few hours from me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, the dogs are fine. Food in the freezer too long doesn't get poisonous, just sometimes gets freezer burn or develops an 'off' flavor. It smelled all right when I cooked it, and it wasn't freezer burned thanks to really good packaging, so I'm sure it's okay. I wouldn't take any chances with our doggies. I wouldn't have worried about cooking it for us, but I decided after at least nine years of not using it, it could just as well go. I'm more worried about the two-year old home-canned bean soup we had for supper, but I'm sure that was okay too or I'd have tossed it. But it needed to be used. It was tasty!

Pinetree, we won't be going to the round-up, much as we'd love to. It would be too stressful for Sugar, Husby can't get much time off till next month, and we're clenching every dollar in our tightly-closed fists till the insurance actually pays off, since we don't trust anyone in that whole mess anymore. Maybe next year, if we don't go out in the spring to see the babies, or maybe even if we do. But then I hope we still have Sugar next year. I'd rather have her than a trip any day.

Custer SP is about 18 hours from us, so not a bad trip. It's just not the right time for us. They said in the announcement they usually get 10,000 people from around the world to come each year. It must be amazing to see. That's such a huge herd.