2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 180
Page 180 of 271 FirstFirst ... 80130170177178179180181182183190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So today was the 2nd anniversary of my Ddads passing and thats whats wrong w/ Dmom. I had it in my mind it was the 21st because that was the funeral. I feel so terrible not going over. She said she sat in the yard and got sun. The only issue is thats where he passed. So I was in a bad mood all day over other things and now I feel bad.
    Poor DD,its the anniversary of her meeting her BF 1 year ago. She said she is glad they are going to Mongolian BBQ tomorrow not tonight.

Glad and sad to not be part of the adoption event at the zoo tomorrow. Wed. hmm. That will be hard.
    Went to a G.sale in a sub. Purposely went late and I found very little. Got a handful of Craftsman screwdrivers for ,50 a piece and some heavy plastic for windows or tarps. The lady I bought them from worked at Oakland County volunteering,The lady that was shopping trapped feral cats and got them fixed and then me. Very weird convergence!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad died 41 years ago today. My stepdad died 30 years ago today. Not a good day for my mom, ever.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gold morning ...
    Asking for prayers that Addie stays put another couple of weeks.
    Not been doing much and it has caught up on me.. bff. Called from out if state 2x. And my friend who never gets off of worked called and all were long good conversations

G bug prayers for visions and family.

Fw I think the rescue is good for..just don't get your heart broke... I would. Prayers for your mommy

SD prayers for mom ..when are u putting the bikes up..prayers for your mom

ILC. I am sorry about maggie...I miss pooh..it has been almost a year.

Ayanka how is the house Coming along.

Pinetree I love salt.....can't have it makes me want it more...isn't it fun catching up with bffs..

Today.
    Laundry,
    Kitchen appliances wiped down
    Cat litter
    Sweep and mop

I read everyones posts some days I may not respond . U are in my thoughts and prayers. Even when I don't respond. Hugs
    Let's hope Addie stags put

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! We've been running around this week getting stuff done. I cleaned out several drawers and found my stash of DDs baby teeth. LOL! And what I had forgotten was when she lost the first tooth she wrote a note to the tooth fairy saying "dear tooth fiary, leave cash". (I do know how to spell fairy. I just spelled it here the way DD did on the note). I laughed till I cried. I forgot I'd saved the teeth and the note. HA! I finished the Advent calendar I made for the kids and now starting my Christmas projects. I'd love to be done with the sewing part of Christmas by 12/1 but we shall see. We'll be busy till next Thursday so I may or may not get a chance to check in. I know I tend to be a bit sporadic so probably not many notice when I don't but in case you notice, don't worry. All is well. We're going to be gone for a few days and my nephew will be here taking care of things but I don't think he'll check in for me. LOL!

ILC Yay for Friend coming back. That's so cute the way he just waltzed in and made himself right to home

Ayanka how's the house coming?

Rabbit glad to see you pop in and glad all is well. Give Cadbury a snuggle from me.

SD yay for the animals discovering the new feeder. I bet little chipmunk was delighted to find a new buffet! Glad the fridge is working out too. Love when you can save something and do a little repair and have it work beautifully. I'm bummed your biking days are nearly over That went incredibly fast. We were talking about closing the pool in the next couple of weeks. Yesterday was in the mid 80's so we were in there for over an hour but our state is notorious for changing weather "just like that".

GB good luck with the MRI and all. I hope the ailing family members are doing better now. That was a terrible day! That's cool though you found a way around the SB pumpkin spice drink. I've never had a drink there myself but I remember when one first came to our area DD wanted to drive through and get some iced shake type drink. Frappacino maybe? Anyway, so we drive up and the sign is so new they don't have it quite complete so the one she wanted wasn't listed but she'd had it elsewhere so knew the name. I ordered it and we zip around to the window. The woman says "that'll be 5.00" and I said "oh, no, we're the ones with the one frappucini". She said "oh yes, that's your total". I almost passed out. I paid for it but told DD that is the LAST time I'm going there. LOL! I couldn't believe it. So kudos to you for finding a cheaper, just as tasty version.

FW I hope your Mom's weight stabilizes. And I'm sorry for your loss of your Dad. I know you said it was a couple of years now but the pain doesn't go away.

OM I hope Addie stays put a little bit longer but when the time comes I hope Paige has a fast labor day. Labor isn't for the faint of heart but that beautiful baby at the end makes it all worth it.

Hi to Niko, Bernice, Rona and anyone I missed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Friday morning. My DS is taking me back to the doctor today to get the results of my MRI. Glad it is finally done. Not planning on much today except watch some movies or something since DH has to work tonight and DS will be going home. Everyone have a great day and don't forget to get your free Plenti and Mueller yogurts from the Kroger download. Yesterday's mail included free press-on nails and a pkg. of feminine napkins.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another gorgeous morning here----bright, sunny, 63 degrees. Yesterday the sky was almost the shade of blue it usually is in October. Oh, how I love fall!!!!

pinetree, so glad you got to talk with your BFF. There's nothing like it. The Krystal may be similar to White Castle. It started in 1932 in Chattanooga then spread. The hamburgers are small and square with a squirt of mustard and a dill pickle slice and the buns are steamed. Delicious! When I was a little bitty girl (in the late 1950s) they were 8 cents apiece. Now the menu has expanded but we never get anything but original Krystals and of course, breakfast on Sunday. The senior breakfast is one egg any style, bacon (Smithfield!) or sausage, grits or Kryspers (hash brown sticks), toast or biscuit, and a coffee or small soft drink for $2.99. And their Coca Cola is always good---the right amount of fizz.

Ayanka, don't wear yourself out with the new house, even though I know you're anxious to get things done.

om, praying that Addie will hold off a little longer.

SD, the oldest freezer meat I've ever served was 3-year-old ground beef. It was perfectly fine, but I still didn't tell my family that's what it was

fw, so sorry about your dad. Maybe now that the anniversary is past maybe your mom will start to feel a little better. Prayers for her.

hikr, stay safe while you're gone and have a good time.

Everyone else---hope you're doing great!

For Friday:

1) Catch up on Bible Study Fellowship assignments
    2) Errands----Tractor Supply, Aldi
    3) Make cheesecake
    4) Record recent expenditures
    5) Laundry---my clothes, towels/washcloths, pet blankets

Have a lovely day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, praying for good MRI results. Let us know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon!

GM, praying your mri results are good. Take it easy today, you have alot on your plate!

OM, praying you dont become a grandma soon!! Yes best friends are the best! I have never eaten salt, but what I didnt realize is now much is in our food, its amazing!

ILC, lol, we dont have whit castle here, that was my Dad's favorite, he use to ge them back in Ill. when he was young, he said they were the best! Never had one!
    I would love to have breakfast out, oh my that sounds So good!! and Coke, well I still have one now and then.. love my coke,
    When is you son moving back home? Is friend still there?

FW,saying a prayer for you Mom

More later...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW sorry to hear about your dad's passing.
    SD, your poor mum (and you) your right yesterday will never be a good day on her calendar
    OM Candles are lit.
    Hikr love the note about the tooth fairy or should I say fiary what a lovely memory.
    GB best of luck with your mri results
    ILC have to say Autumn is one of my favourites too!
    Pinetree there is something wonderful about a few hours spent in the company of friends, glad to hear you had such a nice day
    Ayanka, peanut & anyone else I missed hope your all doing great!

DH went to college this morning (left at 7.30) but that lovely guy rounded up a couple of hunter spiders in my washing machine before he went. My hero!!! I have school uniforms & work clothes to do. It's my Da's birthday today so a wee visit up the road is in order (can't delay him too long he has an all important match to watch). Girls are a bit put out with me they have a camogie blitz on in the university today but my knee isn't up to the drive or standing at the side of the pitch. They also had a gaelic football blitz last night & a couple of wee eejits were playing hurling and she got a belt of sliotar into the eye, it was puffed up last night, dh came home and put ice on it for her the poor thing. I'll distract them with some arts and crafts today.

Today's list:
    Feed and water animals
    Feed and water family aka breakfast
    Washing about 5 loads & hang to dry
    Start fire
    Check plugs, light & turn off
    Kitchen, like a bomb site - clean
    Bake
    Dinner spaghetti bolonaise - crock pot
    Lots of sitting down in between and exercises on hour and stretches every half, trying to be good here! Followed by copious amounts of tea,

Had lots of other things planned but to be honest if I get all of the above done I'll be very happy. Hope everyone has a really good day Oh for fun I'll start to plan next years garden, picked up over 100 bulbs to get in as well as some onion sets!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Friend the cat stayed inside last night with the other cats and it seems to have gone well. The others are accepting him pretty well, considering two of them are old and sometimes crotchety. I can't imagine who wouldn't want to claim him---he's such a good boy, loving and personable and awfully cute.

The Auburn game is on TV today! WAR EAGLE!!! Can't wait. Already wearing my Auburn shirt and I'll put my hat on when the game starts. My family members just roll their eyes...

For Saturday:

1) Put away clean clothes
    2) Get chicken in crock pot
    3) Reset downstairs
    4) Watch Auburn game 3:30
    5) Record recent expenditures (from yesterday's list)
    6) Clean out car
    7) Sweep front porch/walkway

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,

Boy, its slow here today! I never finished my post from yesterday.. got busy and forgot

Todays list
    try to make homemade ravolli, this should be fun,, we have the new pasta roller thingy, so maybe it will be ok..
    Make blackberry syrup
    laundry
    clean up kitchen
    wipe down table

FW, Hope your Mom is better. How sad for her.

SD, sorry about your Dad's too, and on the same day..

Rona, hope the eye doesnt turn black and blue!

ILC, aawww, a new friend to love, how cool!!!
    My family is the same way when I wear my Minnestoa outfit. With an old Tarkenton sweatshirt from 100 years ago!

OM, I sure hope you arent waiting for Addie!!

Hi to everyone I missed.

Todays going to be another lasy day, DH is over at DS, putting in braces under the floor for their 90 gal. reef tank theyare setting up. DS wants to be safe before he puts that much weight on the floor.

The weather cooled down to high 70's but back up into the 80's tomorrow, thats ok tho cause its snowing on the peaks, and the mts. are in the middle 30's at night, so that will help get the bears into their sleeping mode inteas of coming down here.

have a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good thing it's slow. I'm tired, so slow is easier. Anyone who doesn't want to hear about our most recent bargains, feel free to skip this post.

I got up this AM and asked Husby if he wanted to go somewhere. Working around the place just did not appeal at all. We discussed the north shore for a while but finally settled on Grand Rapids (120 miles). We like the thrift shopping there and hardly ever get there, and never when we aren't towing a camper and have dogs with, so any stops we make have to be short and we don't have space to haul anything much. But today we were on the hunt for some office furniture for Husby, so we took off.

Big scores as usual, though we didn't find any furniture. It's almost getting embarrassing. I won't bore you with all the details, only some of them. One of my favorite things is a hanging planter for my office I got at GW in Grand Rapids. I love stained glass and I love hummingbirds, so you can imagine how tickled I am to have found this for just $4, NIB:

I couldn't find it online but I found one of the other designs they showed on the box, and it had an MSRP of $50 and a selling price of over $36. You can believe I'm pretty happy about $4! I'm going to have to figure out how best to line the basket for indoor use, but I have a plastic bowl I was eyeing out in my office the other day for another, much less nice hanging planter, and I think it might be a good fit. Otherwise I'll figure something else out. But it's going to be so gorgeous in my south window. Got a large Pampered Chef pizza stone NIB for $6, $55 retail. Husby got a brand new Taylor scale for $5, two mug warmers, a CD, and some other stuff.

At a large estate sale that took up an entire store, we picked up a whole bunch of craft stuff including a large box of 80 assorted DMC floss, plus 38 balls of tatting and specialty embroidery thread with a fancy punch needle, a partially completed needlepoint woodland Santa Christmas stocking like I've been intending to make (and it had some bonus stuff in the box), a box of 85 vintage Workbasket magazines, 38 sewing machine needles, 78 steel bobbins, six bobbin holders that form a little tree, and some other craft stuff for $12.50. Gotta love the last day of a big sale. The bobbins and needles are for industrial machines. The lady threw all that in for free, and I wasn't sure they would work with my machine. I just checked and six of them are identical to those I've always used on my machine. They sell for $2 each retail, which is why for years I got by with only about six of them which was a pain. The rest are much smaller, but they'll work, so I'm never going to run out of bobbins for that machine again! I didn't try the needles but the numbers match what I use, so they should work too. Needles for my machine are really expensive, so I'm tickled. Those bags had some other things in that are of use to us too, like some nice heavy metal hooks and weird stuff that didn't seem related to sewing. The weird part was that we weren't planning on going to an estate sale, but Husby had found a thrift we hadn't been to and when we turned into the parking lot for that store, we found out the thrift was out of business and the estate sale had moved into the building. Lucky us!

At the pet rescue thrift store, almost everything was 75% off. We got a TV wall shelf like I bought for my office for about $3.50, three yards of fabric to slipcover my office chair for .90, a Siberian husky wind spinner NIP for $2.50, some kitchen stuff that was cheap to start with, a book called Our Wounded Wilderness for .75 about the derecho that hit our area in 1999 and broke off 25,000,000 trees, and a cart full of other stuff that was all 75% off.

At the GW in Hibbing, we only found a storage container for dog food, which I'm happy about because now I have enough containers to hold an entire bag, $3. I bought one like it a few months ago at Menards for $8 and have been thinking about getting another one, so that saved $5. But for my mom, we found toilet rails NIB for $10, which she's been looking for since she moved to her new place. She's going to be happy about that.

At SA in Hibbing (SA was closed in Grand Rapids ) I got two cookbooks for .25 each and a rectangular plaque thing for crafting for $1.50. Everything there was 25% off.

At the ReStore that we finally found and they were finally open when we were in town, we didn't find anything although I almost bought a headboard for our bed. It's a nice store though and not what I expected, so I hope we get back there someday.

We didn't really buy that much stuff, but it was all great stuff. Our goal today was to just take off and have some fun for a change, not to have to make any big decisions, and forget about all the work we still have to do this fall. We've sort of hit the wall after the summer we've had with all the work and all the stress with insurance and surgeries and all. Having such a successful sale and purging so much stuff, finally getting our utility trailer done, hauling out two huge loads of trash, getting the insurance solved (we hope) and getting out from under that worry, all of that has happened in the last week and a half, and it's like we can breathe again a little bit. We spent under $100 today including gas, so it was pretty cheap entertainment.
    Last edited by Spirit Deer; 09-19-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-OMgoodness. Thats a good lot. Grand Rapids,Mi.? right/ Why didnt you call me I mean that's only 1/2 a state away! lol DH used to work as a distributive salesman when we were 1st married and was based out of Grand Rapids.But we still lived in S.E. Mi. (computer hardware).

Spent 1/2 the day watching Nichole Curtis on Rehab Addict. I am fascinated how she brings these Detroit $1. homes back. They are is such terrible disrepair but some of the arcitechtural features are so beautiful. Some of the Detroit neighborhoods are being reclaimed and she is def. a factor. Love that woman.

Because everyone else was gone yesterday the pets were in rare form. Hope we can reach a calm way today.

OM-thinking about Paige. Hope she's holding. Had she dropped yet? I never did until the last. But then thats DD. Eternally late then hurries up.lol Ds was 2 days early and couldnt wait to get walking at 9 mo. DD was 2 days late and barely made the book deadlines for when babies do things like sit up and such.

Still working on this pet project.
    Also biting the bit to see which animals found homes. So far our barky sm. dog who has been there a year.Oh yeah!! (Zoo adoption event).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Up early today. Already done the laundry and read. Hopefully DH and I will attend a fall festival in the nearby town if it doesn't rain. I need to get out. I taught 2 classes yesterday, did a mystery shop, and then went to the movies with free coupons. The MRI showed that I have pressure coming from spinal fluid on my optic nerve. I am having a spinal tap some time this week and will see the ophthalmologist next Monday. I have to be on bedrest for 24 hours. That is a chore for me. I have had a total of 11 tests done this past week. Hopefully this will be the end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, so glad you know something about what comes next. I know you'll be glad when the tests are over!

Both DH and I were feeling rough this a.m. so we just slept in. He cut the front and back yards yesterday and pollen is terrible so he's going to be worn out today.

For Sunday:

1) Chicken in crockpot
    2) Go through ads/coupons in newspaper
    3) Bake something good
    4) Watch Sherlock 9:00
    5) Sweep/mop
    6) Clean our bathroom

It's going to be an easy day. Enjoy your Sunday, ladies.