2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 181
Page 181 of 271 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181182183184191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD that was a wonderful wee hanger you got & sounds like you found some real bargains.
    GB I'm sending good wishes your way that this'll be the end of all the visits for you
    FW I love seeing old buildings saved, there is normally a character and skill level in them that you won't find in newer homes. (mine inc.)
    ILC look after yourself today & can't wait for the new Sherlock in Dec.

Peanut, pinetree and everyone else hope your having a lovely Sunday!!!

Dinner is done here but I have a lot to do yet.
    Finish uniforms - disadvantage of not having a dryer, everything has to be hung & it's raining outside, so I have the fire lit & lots of turning for the evening.
    Scones - raisin for lunch boxes for the week
    More laundry
    Sweep and mop floors
    Swish n swipe downstairs bathroom
    Decide what lunches are being done for the week
    Budget maybe???
    Lots of stretches for the knee

See what else I can get done, or maybe just read a book. Thinking of revisiting a favourite, maybe Stephen king, Kerr or Tepper. Have a lovely day everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grand Rapids, MN, of course. LOL. We haven't been to Grand Rapids, MI, since December of 2005, when we went to pick up the camper we bought on eBay at TerryTown RV.

I only hit the highlights, FW. But then we did only fill part of the back seat and nothing in the truck bed. We were selective because we don't want to fill the place up with junk again. If we don't love it, we try not to buy it, or else we try to follow the one in, one out rule.

One thing I bought was a trivet that is original to the large vintage Mirro rectangular roaster I bought for fifty cents a few years ago. It came with a trivet, but the heavy wire parts that form handles so the whole turkey can be lifted out by the handles were gone. Yesterday I found a trivet that was complete. It was marked .69 but it was 75% off! How could I go wrong? So the old one will probably be donated, one in, one out. And I still have less than a dollar in my roaster.

I wish we'd have had time to stop at garage sales yesterday too, since there were zillions especially in Hibbing, but with four hours of drive time and all the thrifts, we didn't get home till seven as it was. What a fun day though.

Hope all the pets found homes at the zoo event.

GB, I hope the testing gets over soon so they and you can move forward on getting you fixed up. It's hard to be in limbo waiting for health problems to be solved.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When you lose your posts, at the bottom of the quick reply box on the left corner, usually you'll see a tab that says Restore Auto-Saved Content. Click that and what you lost should come back. That works too, if you are on one page, you can click over to the next page. You should be able to click the Autosaved tab and get back what you had written from the page before, to continue on responding to posts. That makes it easier to respond to posts on threads like this that are so busy. Then you don't have to try to remember what everyone said on the page before.

Take it easy, ILC. It's amazing how fast not feeling well can wear a person down.

Rona, thanks! I really love that stained glass planter. I took it out to my office in another building, and it's going to look very nice out there. I need to add a short chain to it so it'll hang in front of the window and catch the light, and it does need a plastic liner. I tried the plastic bowl I was thinking might work, and it does, so I'm in luck there. Now I just need to find a Christmas cactus to hang in it. Selection is limited in town here, but maybe closer to Christmas some of our stores might get some in.

Nicole Curtis, for anyone who doesn't know the shows, is a tiny blonde woman who maybe weighs 95 pounds if she's wearing her giant glasses. She's a very hands on person and one thing I've heard her say is her goal is always to be the dirtiest person on her job sites. She will run heavy equipment or work with any tool or tackle any challenge and is always looking for some new experience or something new she can learn. She's not like the talking heads they hire to host most of these DIY shows, that are afraid to get their hands dirty or muss their make-up. Nicole is the real deal. She grew up with parents who earned money at least in part by salvaging and rehabbing furniture to resell, so she learned early how to take broken things and make them whole again. One show, she had her parents on and they were going through a trashed house she had just bought. Her parents were looking through the old stuff and were so excited to find old dishes and other things a lot of people would have just shoveled into the Dumpster. I relate to her very much, not in the hot tiny blonde way because I'm none of those, but because she loves to repurpose and make something great out of what most people would consider junk, and she seems to get the same high I get out of trash-picking and using old things to make new things or to refurbish other old things. The transformations she can do are simply amazing. All you can do when you see the before and after is sit there and say, "Wow!" I'm not in her league by any means, but I sure recognize why she feels like she does about these old houses and being able to fix them up and to stage them with all her trash-picked, garage sale treasures that make those old houses shine. Here are some YouTube videos in case anyone is curious about the magic she can do using old things, lots of money, skilled crews, and lots and lots of hard work. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ddict+season+1

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone! Yep slept in again, man I woke up and watched the most beautiful orange sunrise, and thought I feel good, I should just get up, Then my Sweet Pea jumped up on the bed and wanted to snuggle to we both fell back to sleep!! Thats all she wrote!

GM, I sure hope you find out someting positive soon. um 24 hours in bed, I could do that easy after a busy day. Take Care.

OM, Are you a grandma yet? Boy I hope shes not coming yet!

FW, I hope every single animal found a forever home, or most of them.

SD, for crying out loud!! You guys are amazing!! Hey I will give you $10 for that beautiful hummingbird hanger! That is just wonderful, and it will look amazing in your south window!! You guys are the luckiest people, Keep er going!! You are coming out way ahead!

ILC, oh, sorry about your game. hows Friend doing? Too bad you cant get a picture of him up, would love to see him! Have you seen the new chick-fil-a commercial? I wanted one So bad, so we looked it up again, and there's no way,, even the salads are horrible..

Rona, hope your knee is feeling better! What is a scone exactly, I'm not sure, some kind of cookie?
    I planted 100 bulbs of tulips and 150 bulbs of daffodils years ago. I love spring when they all raise their heads out of the ground, you will just love them! throw in a few crocus to add more color.

Hi to anyone I missed, the brain is slow today, ok, lol slower than usual!

We tried to make ravolli last night, lol,,, hahahaha, suppose to eat at 7pm, well at 10pm we were eating. geeze, we for sure need a different recipe for the dough, and the pasta roller handle kept falling off, plus it wont clamp to our countertops!! so, we arent making it again for awhile, maybe never..1/2 of them had no filling and big clumps of dough, too big, too small, it was just a mess. DH made some kind of italian bread and left it in too long, the crust was so hard we could eat it.. we had a fun night and almost opened a can of soup!! lol It was funny you look at someone and they were trying really hard to chew and not say anything, then everyone was just laughing...

Ta-da
    ran dishwasher
    cleaned out fridge
    threw out zuchini that was bigger than me, nust have weighed 30 lbs!
    make dinner, diablo chicken over rice, fresh green beans, jello fruit salad

Have a nice evening, sweet dreams!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No grandma yet.. went to spend evening with friend. . Now washing baby clothes . Chat tomorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OMGoodness. Ds just send Dh a link that pentagon speaker announced the U.S. will send 75 slodiers to the Sinai strip in light of the attacks of ISIS. That would be my Ds. I am beside myself w/ fear and grief. Please pray for my Ds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG, FW, sending up prayers right away, I was thinking about him earlier and coming home for Christmas, Oh I hope he doesnt go. Try to take it easy, yea I know thats going to be really hard. hugs..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the legs off the end table I have my dorm fridge on and moved that somewhere else in my office so I could put the microwave on it that we salvaged from the dump and repaired last winter. I think I'll like the new arrangement. Not sure I need or want a micro. I had one out there before and never used it, but what the heck, we have $2 invested in it and if I use it a couple times a year, that's okay. We had it on the sale for $10 and no one showed the slightest interest in it. We were surprised. We figured with college starting and stuff, that would go first thing, and it's a smallish one that would go nicely in a camper or something. So we'll just keep it. Maybe I'll want a cup of hot chocolate or something in my freezing cold office. I also think it might do me good to eat lunch at work instead of in the house, because I tend to have to have just a little more to eat if I'm in the house, and that's a bad habit I'd like to correct ASAP. Eating out there where there's no other food might help me get over that.

Mom just called and someone she knows wants the cot we didn't sell on the sale. So I think we're down to the stove/oven and the tent now. Not bad! We're still waiting on someone who might want the tent to give Husby an answer, but IMO it seems like if people really want something, they'll buy it right away. We'll try to sell those two things again next spring when camping season starts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW I've some candles lit for your son (hug) I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. Sending good thoughts your way
    SD looked up that show, that wee girl is a dinger (will try to catch up on another episode today)
    Pinetree here's a link to a picture & recipe for scones & yep some crocus are on my wish list but first more tulips!!
    OM hope you enjoyed your evening with your friend

So far so done:
    Animals fed & watered
    Children fed & watered (also know as breakfast)
    Books done with girls
    Swish and swipe in downstairs bathroom done
    swept hallway
    Kids to school (car pool)
    Checked on Da
    Still to do :
    More exercise for the knee but it is starting to straighten
    Bake buns, maybe scones
    Start fire
    Laundry 3 loads (major clean in girls bedrooms)
    Lunch will be packet soup - Creamed tomato, homemade spelt bread
    School run
    Homework
    Dinner - bacon & cabbage

Girls have camogie training followed be enrolment and training in an all girls soccer team, Camogie finished for the winter so this will keep them going. Trying to convince ds to do another year in the local gym, will have to see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw prayers prayers. I hope he does not go...

Today
    Swept and mopped house
    Clean kitchen
    Clean bathroom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks so much everyone but maybe I wasn't clear-he's going.
    I am ok on and off. I had some terrible dreams last night though.
    Going to keep busy today if possible while it grinds through my brain. I just keep saying 2 months,just 2.

Today
    vaccumn
    laundry
    groc.

ok. My secret pet project.
    We picked up a 25# pocket beagle to foster. Turns out it has heartworm. So we are doing antibiotics w/ him until Oct. 5th. Then he can do HW treatment for 2 months. We have to seperate him so that has been challenging. Once the HW treatment starts he has to be quiet so we will give him functioning sedatives.
    This project is seperate from the animal rescue I am doing. DD wants him for when she moves but we shall see. This whole process incl. shots and neuter will be thru Dec/Jan. anyway. He is a lovely little affectionate dog who was a stray North of here. He came w/ a girl beagle who is not HW positive and has found a new home w/ a beagle buddy and a big yard.
    HW treatment is hard on the dogs so I am praying he makes it ok. Wish us luck. So glad I have a family that supports my endevers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fw prayers prayers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona--Whew! You wore me out with all that you have done!

OM--Praying for your daughter and a safe delivery.

Frugal Warrior--My prayers are with your family. I would love an address when that is possible. I want to thank him so much for all that he is doing.

Since I am relatvely new to the group, I would like to know where you all live. I live in Argyle, Texas between Dallas and Ft. Worth. Well, I won't be able to have the lumbar puncture until next week since I have to be off Warfarin for 5 days prior, so I cancelled the appointment with the euro-ophthamologist until I know something. Kind of a relief, but certainly not looking forward to it.
    Today: Picked pears to take to food pantry
    Ironed
    Weeded a flower bed and fertilized veggies
    Fed my birds
    Made a sweet potato pie for DH
    Physical therapy this afternoon
    Hopefully go to see Black Mass this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I missed your first post about your son. I'm sorry you're getting this news and sorry you're going through this. Once again, thank you and him for your service. My thoughts will be with him and you over the coming weeks. Please keep us posted, although I understand he probably won't be able to share many details of his mission or probably even keep in touch very well.

Rona, I hope you get time to watch a show where Nicole shows a wrecked house, and then if you can't watch the whole series showing the progress, at least try to find the last show in the series showing the restored house. You will not believe it's the same house.

GB, I live on a lake near Ely, Minnesota, which is on the edge of a million-acre wilderness preserve, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, making this area a huge tourist destination every summer. We get visitors here from around the world. We're also on both the Iron Range and the Canadian shield, and this is a very mineral-rich area so mining is a big part of the culture here. And of course, since we live in dense forest, logging is also a huge part of our economy. Thanks for sharing where you are. It's always fun to be able to fix people's general location in my mind. BTW, it's pronounced EEE-LEE not ell-eee.

Today I hung a blind in my office which was no picnic, observed that a soon to be dead mouse has been digging in the pot next to my African violet on my desk, dragged in a bunch of tools including that heavy air compressor I forgot to have Husby drag in last night, dug out the knotty pine from under the guest bed, dragged all that out to the garage and cut it, nailed it all up to the walls in the back porch, and now I'm taking a break before I go find the sealer so I can get the first coat on. My wrist is screaming but I'm ignoring it. This work isn't going to do itself.

Husby went nuts last night due to our discussion Saturday while we were running away from home, about how to arrange the furniture in his office. So he shuffled stuff and piled and stacked and moved stuff out of the room so we could bring in a door for him to set on the two base cabinets he's been using under the table he had in his office and try it out for size and location and configuration. Now the house is really a disaster. But I guess the good news is he found a configuration he likes that I think will be workable. If you knew how bad he is at arranging things and organizing, you'd understand why I'm the one who will be approving any decisions in that room. It's a small room, only 9.5x12.5, and it has to have a LOT of stuff in it, so everything has to be carefully planned. He comes up with so many ideas that are completely unworkable, like having a foot of space between the front of the deck and the bookcase in front of it, so if you're not the thickness of a sheet of paper, you can't walk between to get to the closet or the window. He comes up with this stuff and is totally serious and baffled as to why I say it won't work. And then there's my favorite, his impossible wish list with things like being able to see the lake, the TV, the office door, and the computer monitor, all without turning his head. So I'm glad he's making some progress about the desk and credenza. I can work with it. The bad part is it'll have to be a custom desk and guess who will have to build it. He decided he'd like the TV over the corner of the desk too. I think it helped that he was sitting in my office chair yesterday looking out at the lake and said I have the best lake view on the whole property, which I do. What he set up last night in his office is almost the same configuration. Good thing we found that TV shelf on Saturday that's just like mine. It'll hold the TV he has in his office nicely.

I put three pork roasts in my new rectangular electric frying pan I got a couple months ago. I'm test-driving it to use as a roaster, and when the roasts are done, I'll slice them up for sandwiches on the new meat slicer. I hope the frying pan works out well. I've never had much experience with electric frying pans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer--Sounds like a beautiful place.