2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 182
Page 182 of 271 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, aw man, I am so sorry, I am speachless, I would be scared too. I will keep him in my prayers, well you too.. it will all be ok.. gotta think positive!!

Good Luck with your new puppy, Thank you for taking him and helping him out. I didnt realize how bad it was to treat heartworm.

Rona,thanks for the recipe, sounds like biscuts here? The good thing is I can leave out the salt and eat these, yippeee!!
    See if you can get some starts for the crocus, they are real easy to start, maybe a neighbor has some overgrown ones? Hope you get a bunch of tulips, they are so pretty. Tiger lilies are easy to grow and come up every year too, but I dont know what you have over there..I have 4 o'clocks planted in with my tulips, so when they are done blooming the 4 o'clocks fill in and bloom and the hummingbirds love them.
    You are really getting alot done! Now I need to go look up spelt bread!

GM, Keeping you in my prayers too, its hard waiting for tests. Think positive, It sure seemed to help me.
    I am in the flatland of colorado. I am not a very good mountain person, I had a bad accident up there years ago, and would prefer to stay on flat ground! lol

SD, wholy cow, man do you ever slow down? Did you get rid of the pool table?
    You are going to have to take a picture of your office, I guess you dont want to sell the hummingbirds huh? lol

OM, Hope Paige settles down for a bit, shes probably getting ready to have that baby now. Has she gone thru her cleaning stage yet?
    So glad you have some good friends.

ILC, Thanks, hope you have a great day. Did you make cheesecake?

Hi, Ayanka, Niko, Hikr, Bernice, did I get everyone?

todays list
    empty dishwasher again
    get aniheim peppers ready for freezer
    order stuff for Christmas
    clean fan
    check out etsy

Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did it again SD, The pork sounds wonderful!! So does the lake, I really miss it, sob....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, we'll all be glad to write/send cards to your DS. I admire him so much for what he's doing for our country.

Gbug, sorry the test is delayed. It's sure not fun waiting.

I live in Macon, Georgia, almost in the center of the state.

pinetree, that's funny about the ravioli! Well, throw THAT recipe away

om, hoping that Paige is as comfortable as she can be at this very late stage.

SD, I vote for keeping the microwave in the office.

Rona, you're busy today. Send some energy my way, please.

Everybody else??? Where are you? Hope you're doing all right.

For Monday:

1) Cook breakfast for friends coming over for catch-up DONE
    2) Work on financial stuff with DH DONE
    3) Run dishwasher/clean up kitchen DONE
    4) Reset den DONE
    5) Gather stuff for rescue mission and take it there DONE
    6) Clean off my desk
    7) Pay two bills that just came in
    8) Bible Study 6:30

Have a nice Monday, everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB, it IS beautiful here. We were thinking about retiring elsewhere but I'm not sure we could tear ourselves away. Forgot to say we're up here on the Canadian border.

Pinetree, nope, sorry, but I definitely want to keep the stained glass planter! It's beautiful. The weird part was I almost didn't see it. If Husby hadn't been messing with the stereo he ended not buying, and I hadn't been killing time waiting, I wouldn't have paid any attention to it. But once I figure out what it was, there was no way I was leaving it there! Especially for four measly dollars.

I have to wait till tomorrow to seal up the knotty pine, because I had to glue some of the knots back in and don't want to seal up wet glue. It's not a very big space so won't take long to do it tomorrow.

The people who said they wanted the pool table don't, and ditto for the tent.

The pork is tasty but I'm afraid it's going to fall apart when I try to slice it with the slicer. I think I'm going to chill it until tomorrow and see if that helps.

FW, I'm surprised about heartworm being so hard to treat there. When we got Sota, I called our vet about it and she said it wasn't a big deal anymore to treat them. She said it's no longer so hard on them to be treated and that it's not nearly as expensive and dangerous as it used to be. She said not to even worry about getting him tested by the shelter because we'd be able to treat it easily and it would only cost around $100. We had him tested after he came home, of course, and luckily he was negative. Good luck to 'your' new doggy. I hope he is well soon. Stupid heartworms! I'm glad you're going to be helping him because I know he'll be in good hands, like all doggies in need should be.

Hope Husby is interested in working on his office tonight, since he tore up the house last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Breathing easier now

I just got two letters from our insurance. They both contained the same list of qualifications required before they'd cover my bills, and if the qualifications were met, they would pay. I went through those lists with a fine-tooth comb and I seem to meet every one of their qualifications. Why two letters? One for the surgery center and one for the surgeon's office. Both have the same qualifications except for the dates of service, and they are the only people who haven't been paid yet.

I can't see a thing wrong with anything in those letters. I'm daring to hope this whole ordeal is almost over. Once the insurance pays their portion, we can find out what our final bill is, pay that off, and put this whole mess behind us.

I'm starting to feel a little bit free, finally.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow,A girl takes an hour nap.lol
    OK Thank you all but I dont have a phone number or address for him and he's moving or moved countries again anyway. He is special forces. We communicate thru Facebook when I see he is online or once in a great while he can call me. The phone reception is horrible w/ static and drops. He was picked along w/ the rest of his unit to do this. I am proud and horrified. All I can do is pray.

HW-apparently there are diff stages. He is #2. His heart has no bulges and his lungs are clear. The antibiotic kills some of the worms and keep the worms from progressing. The issue is when they die they can form an embolism so the dog needs to be crated. He is like a typical wiggly jumps high,rolly goofy little dog.
    DD got sick at work today so I took him to pick her up and he is just TOO much.lol He like to get in the front and step on the auto window rolling it down. He has down this many times so I am suspicious he knows how to do that. So I have to crate him for a month eash time-this wont go well.
    I also cant let him play w/ the other. He is not fixed and keep challenging them>???. Mackey is almost 5x his weight. He's just like-get a mirror dude.
    The treatment still requires a 2" needle so they are going to give him pain meds and sleepy meds. It is still an arsenic derivative. I keep guilting myself out and then telling myself I am helping.
    SD-I sure wish we had your vet. It will be $800. plus I paid for flea stuff,xrays,hw test,more extensive blood panel and going to have shots and neuter yet. So $1500.?? Oh and of course HW preventive which is like $10. a month. $120. a year to have prevented this. insert swearing.
    So glad that ins. bit is fixed.

GB-I will pray for you. Seems your plate is quite full also.

Oh neighbor update
    The druggie beligerent neighbor is gone. His Dad? came over and did the lawn and some of the leaves. Some one came over and fixed the air conditioning. And although the dumpster is still there it seems the house is empty. The place has a less sinister,less sleazy feel. I am pleased. I just pray we dont get small kids or special kids (our elementary is a center so ours is a popular neighborhood) because of the dogs. I would love a privacy fence on the side but $$. Thats where the expensive tree sits too (latest estimate $1800!!nope).

Pinetree-thx. I just don't know. This is exactly what I feared and fought him joining for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sorry about the typing errors but i am too lazy to fix them.
    I live in S.E. Michigan north of Detroit by a good bit. Our Upper Peninsula is quite a bit like where SD lives. But its 8 hrs from me and i never get up there enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like the HW treatment for your new doggy is a lot more involved. I hope he comes through it okay. I know HW treatment here used to be $1,000 and the dogs didn't always live through it. Now they give a bigger dose of the prevention meds that interrupt the life cycle of the worms, as I understand it. The eggs are killed and the adult worms eventually die and the dog is cured. I think that's what she said but it's been over a year so I could be not remembering correctly. If your doggy is a foster, you don't have to pay that bill, do you?

We seldom let our dogs be loose in the cars and never up front. They have sled dog harnesses that snap into the seat belts so they can't jump out the doors when we stop, and they're never allowed in the front seat due to air bags and being a distraction to the driver. Too dangerous for everyone. We also have barriers between the front seats and the back of the cars, since their harnesses don't keep them out of the front seat area. Sota tried to crawl over the one in the truck once or twice, but he doesn't like being screamed at and he's a smart boy, so he quit doing that pretty quickly. We torture him when we harness him into the back seat of the van because he can drape himself over the middle seat back and vulture Sugar when she has snacks in her seat. She knows he can hang over the seat but he can't reach her snacks. It's hilarious how she teases him. We just sit there and laugh at them.

The tree guy just left. He's bringing his boss back tomorrow to look over the job and then give us a bid. There are probably at least a dozen trees that need to come down, starting with the dead one that's leaning against a live one and has been hanging there, a widow maker, for at least two years. Then there are a couple more by the parking pad we just had built, so we can't put our trailers there yet. And then a whole herd of them by the house that will cause major damage when they come down. And some by the cabin and garage. Stupid popples. We've had trouble finding someone to take them down so I hope these guys will do it. We don't want to pay for their removal either, but no matter what it costs it's bound to be cheaper and less hassle than letting the damn things fall on our buildings or the camper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, had a look at the tiger lilies, grew 2 for the first time this year, they were a joy in the garden. Haven't seen 4 o'clocks before though, thanks Hope you got your Christmas shopping done
    ILC sending energy your way
    SD hope your insurance gets sorted soon. how did you get on with the tree guy??
    FW don't have heartworm in Ireland, sounds horrible, hope the wee dog is ok.

Hello to Peanut, Hikr00, Ayanka and everyone else :hello:

So far so done:
    Animals fed & watered
    Kids fed and watered (breakfast done and lunches made)
    ds away to school - carpool
    Books done with girls
    Drove girls to school
    Swept hall, bathroom, sitting & Kitchen
    Checked on da

Still to do:
    Laundry
    Swish and swipe
    Check on box of books that were delivered today
    Prep short crust pastry (making pie for dinner)
    10min in Bedroom
    Kids home from school
    Homework
    Dinner
    Exercises
    See what else is to be done Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning hectic here
    I am sorry for not catching up here
    Hope everyone is well
    Ta done here
    Bed made
    Floors
    Cat litter
    Still working on laundry, need to run the diswasher and figure out supper

Not taking medicine regular trying to straighten that up
    Just kept forgetting to take it..
    Depression is back don't want back in that whole

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona, thanks for the energy---actually I do feel better today!

Is it true there are no snakes in Ireland?

fw, thanks for taking care of the doggie. And prayers for your DS. How long will he be there, or do you know?

SD, we paid $3500 two years ago to have 14 trees down. Most were pines that were at least 80 feet high. Pines have very shallow root systems so when there is a lot of rain and/or wind they tend to topple. It was worth every penny to have those things down.

pinetree, I love mountains! For 3 years during childhood I lived in Knoxville, TN, 45 minutes away from the Great Smoky Mountains. We used to take a picnic and drive up into the mountains a lot of Sundays after church. Oh, such memories! I still adore being in the mountains at any time of the year but especially fall with all the vivid, gorgeous colors.

Nope, no cheesecake, DH has to go for his checkup next month and he's trying to lose a little weight, so I'm doing my part to help him. I had lost 3 pounds last week when I went to the doctor to talk about bloodwork, which was the 3 pounds I'd gained, so I still need to lose a few more. My doctor says my weight is great but I'd still like to get a little lower.

Everybody else, hi, and hope you can post soon.

Didn't get the 2 bills paid so that has to be done today.

For Tuesday:

1) Pay the 2 bills that just came in
    2) Reset the downstairs
    3) Do Bible study homework
    4) Look at calendar/appointments for rest of month with DH
    5) Spend some time going through parents' stuff
    6) Church dinner 6:00

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, so sorry about the depression, and I understand completely. Please make taking your meds a priority.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-still getting all the in's and out's actually. I had 3 diff vets there tell me 3 diff. procedures. I actually was going to mention that to the owner/vet I see. I want the newest protocol obviously.
    Time will tell. He is well mannered and sweet but a bit needy for my tastes because I am used to a group of dogs and big ones.
    We named him Hunter last night because he leads w/ his nose and does this funny snuffy thing. Dh read there are 2 types of pocket Beagles and one is bred small and the other is derived from Daushund and small Beagles mixed.
    We think he is the second.

Dmom cracks me up w/ her theories. I told her I ate Dh's hostess pie ant it was about 400 calories. She's like yeah that they will admit too. I'm like?? She's like they wont tell you its more because you wont buy it! No way,no how was she going to be convinced it could be any other way! And that is why she will out live me! Spunk/awnry/sass. lol Love ya ma.

Rona-GOOD. It is insidious. Like right now you wouldnt think this dog is sick. He has energy and bright eyes but A double HW test,xray and blood panel wouldnt be wrong.

Hit the 2 grocery stores after dropping DD at her work. Still forgot a few things.
    need to hit the bank later to deposit a small check and grab a bit of cash.

Just kinda poking today.Sat out again while talking to Dmom. Such a nice fall day. Thinking about pumpkins and Halloween displays. Prob. hit the farm market Thurs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-get on it. That baby is coming and you want to enjoy it.hugs.
    ILC-I know nothing. And its chipping away at me. I really dont know where he is,when he leaves for the other country/or if he's already there,exactly what he'll be doing. I don't know how long he'll be there. He just attached an article about troops going there. No personal comment to Dh's facebook.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM--Take your meds. You got a lot of greatness coming your way.
    Rona--I don't know what you're taking for all that energy, but I want some.
    Hope everyone is well.

I went to work at the clothing room this morning and just about the time we were to close, a friend of mine brought in clothes from her mother that just died. I was putting things away and got a Coldwater Creek pair of sandals and two pairs of socks that had never been worn. Also found a paperback lying on the table for the taking. I hit gold! Finally got DH's sweet potato pie in the oven and now I'm going to watch a movie. Not much else for the day.

Tomorrow:
    Laundry
    Clean rest of flower beds
    Buy groceries