2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 184
Page 184 of 271 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184185186187194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I fell yesterday in the garage. Don't know how it happened. I didn't pass out or trip on anything, but I do have a giant bruise and swollen ankle to prove it. It's not broken though. Still waiting to schedule the lumbar puncture. Our morning's are cool, but still in the 90s in the afternoon.

Today:
    Laundry
    Finish weeding flower beds
    Checking out grocery ads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy fall.. We just got summertime here so I am enjoying it until the snow flies!

FW, I wouldnt mind going shooting, havent done it for awhile, the kids dropped out of the one here. Yea, I bet it costs alot more now days. Enjoy your time with the furbabies

OM, look up and see if you can get christian fitness. I have been doing it, its made for people starting out or for people who can do alot more, you exercise 2 min, then rest for 1, going to see if I can keep up with this one.
    Did you take your pills today? Ah geeze, I ask you and I havent taken mine!! lol

SD,I dont know how you cant get a walleye every now and then. Theres no way I could eat anything else, I would be feeding everything. Sure hope that ins pays today!! Good Luck getting those trees cut, we have the same problem down here, everyone wants the job, but no one will do it.

Rona, Its so cool learning things from you. I have never heard of the turnip thing, maybe I should hang one here? Its nice to see you carrying your Grandparents traditions on to your family. The cherry trees are doing very well. I have maybe 50 trees so losing a few wont hurt. I just hate seeing any of them dying.
    Holy cow beteen you and FW I am going to take a nap, wow, I'm pooped!! lol

ILC, I have a real problem of the stores raising their prices around Thanksgiving, I can pay 1/2 if I plan and buy alitte early. It is so nice to be able to shop with out having to panic with the crowds! Alot of times I buy alot of gifts the day after Chridtmas and put away for next year. Candles, center pieces, games, etc will last forever. Amazon had gloves, scarves Etc a couple weeks ago, I got hats, gloves, scarves for everyone and the hats were ony $1.50! I also bake alot in Dec, so I dont need to go out in the cold and snow too!

GM, Oh my gosh, please be careful! I hope you heal up quickly, thats got to be sore. Try and take it easy for awhile, Things will be there tomorrow.

Ayanka, ok its been a few days, you said yell,, AYANKA!!!! How the house coming along?

RABBIT, missing you even if you are busy.

Hikr, hope you are having fun...

Niko, you have been missing for awhile too, you guys ok?

Jen, I really hope ou are lurking, we miss you badly! Hope you are doing better.

Hi to everyone I missed

I need to find some energy, been draggy lately, but I dont want to push either,
    Big surprise, tried on some pants I couldnt get into, well they slipped right on!! So excited!! One pair is pajama pants size large, yippee, they other pair is a large too, so maybe I have lost inches too. Gives me something to work for. You guys are losing and doing so well.. congrats!!!

Today
    grocery sales
    empty dish drainer
    rearrange pots and pans again
    wipe down counters and shine sink
    exercise

bakes ziti, big salad, fruit cocktail
    Have a great day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry about your accident, GB. I've sprained my left ankle twice in my life and it's just not the same as it was. I hope that won't be your experience and that you heal quickly. And good luck with the tests, too.

I wish someone could explain to me why I found a sixty-page partial manuscript in the sewing room under a pile of fabric. I was so sure I had all that crap rounded up in my office. I didn't even remember this one till I read it, and now that I have, it's the one I need to start with when I get around to working on that project which will be at least a year, I think. I rushed out to my office and selected another briefcase to organize that project in. Every book gets one from here on out, because I don't think I can lose an entire briefcase for very long. Still, nothing like that is impossible around here. Now I'm starting to wonder what else is buried in boxes around here, swept up in the chaos when we have to tidy the house for various reasons. I bet I'll be finding more mss. I didn't know I was missing. Maybe that'll be a good incentive to pull out the boxes from the last sweep and sort those once and for all. Getting this stuff organized is one of the big things I'm striving for in my quest for better work habits.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahahaha, Pinetree!

We're not big on eating fish. One thing I really hate about eating fish is it's just not filling. I can eat it and then I'm hungry again soon after. I know it's good for me and all so I do choke some down now and then, but I can't stand stuff that tastes real fishy like salmon.

We probably won't start getting the statements for the insurance payouts for a couple weeks yet, at least.

We find better deals on stuff if we don't wait till Christmas season. That's why we recently bought our big TV. The price was better than we had seen before so we snapped it right up. Computers and other stuff seems cheaper at other times of the year, too. And there's no drama about the shopping either, no crowds, no sell-outs, no waiting for shipping, etc.

Congrats on the pants that fit now! I've dropped a couple pounds this week myself, and passed a decade mark I've passed several times this summer. I hope it's gone for good this time. My diet buddy and I decided we aren't going to set a goal to lose XX pounds, we're setting our goals to stay on plan for XX days instead. We can't control how fast our bodies let this weight go, but we can control whether or not we're on plan. If we can consistently eat right, the weight will come off. Our challenge is till 10/16 so that should be long enough to lose some meaningful weight instead of the couple of pounds I keep gaining and losing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got stupid Flickr to work again. No idea why it quit working or why it's working now. It should be called Fickl.

Anyway, here are some random shots:

Refurbished trailer. Imagine it with a red, peeling, rusting frame and unpainted, rotting, flaking OSB sides. I should have taken a before pic, but forgot. It looks great in comparison.

Salvaged glider rocker frame with missing spindle replaced. It still needs more sanding.

View out my east office window. Note empty stand where the feeder is now missing, and squirrel who has done a fine job of chewing up the hanging feeder. There goes another $20. Why couldn't he climb up to the top tier, which is full of seeds? Now you know why I'm constantly rebuilding feeders.

South window, and newly repaired driveway. Still need to put up hooks for some hanging feeders out there.

My new chair! And the ninety cent fabric to slipcover it. And the $3 TV shelf. And the $5 laptop.

Storyboard needing much work yet. I'll get to this one eventually. It's not the current WIP (Work In Progress).

My new office 'kitchen' with salvaged microwave from dump. I like this arrangement so far, and I'm glad the fridge finally works right. I took the legs off this little end table so there was room for the micro under the wall cabinet.

Two defunct hummingbird feeders, soon to be one peanut feeder. All metal, so they can't chew it up. Now I need only fear the bear. Racoons ruined these for hummingbird use.

A lake shot just for you, Pinetree. This is part of our lakeshore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer, I am so envious of your location. It looks so peaceful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AWw man SD, Look at that lake of glass! Oh man it is just beyond beautiful! Oh, I could sit there all day long, how peaceful, I am so Happy for you and wouldn't even think about moving!!

I love your loons, I have one just like that with canadian geese. I adore that paneling too!

I might give my 30 day notice here and come move in with you!! My 5th wheel only needs a electric plug in and hose hook up, I have forced air furnace so I would stay warm. I might be able to slide in next to the trailer, I only need 36 feet. lol

Thank you SO much for that beautiful picture, I just Love it. The trees are beautiful too, I see there is no colors yet, yipeee! I am not a fan of fall, ( please dont tell anyone ) I love spring and all the wonder of life that folllows!!

I am just kinda stuck on that picture, oh, it just wants you to take in a breath of that fresh air! Hugs..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forgot to add, the "free" computer looks new!

What color is the glider going to be?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Pinetree, I m here no worries. Sadly I haven't made that much progress on the house. So far I have painted the bed room walls, did a rough cleaning on the kitchen and removed most of the junk from the downstairs. The good news is the upstairs smells a whole lot less but the living room, which still smells like an old pub when you enter it. (A European pub though, not sure they smell the same there, but the smoking allowed kind). Still that is a ton better than it has been. And I more or less made peace with my landlord, but glad will I be glad when I get to be out of here.

Spirit Deer, It looks really nice, but I mainly remember the wall paper, some parts of me have gotten a not so big love for it since buying the house, not entirely sure why (look up the pictures if you don't understand). Cutie on the computer screen though :p.

To do list for tomorrow:
    1. Sent the paper sender notified to the landlords and write a nice letter to the poor guy who has no idea why probably (all affairs so far have been dealt with by the other guy, but I have to send the other one a letter to be sure).
    2. Try to clean up the house.
    3. Sit in the appartement seeing if any of the people who wanted to come and see it show up.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got one of the two former hummingbird feeders lined with hardware cloth so the peanuts won't fall out. I like how it's turning out so far. It's really going to tick off the squirrel, though. The little pieces of plastic that were in the feeders are the perfect height to fit a metal box we salvaged from the dump last time, which we'll probably use for assorted washers and other small hardware. It's an old box for photographic slides. I removed one of the racks that held slides and the pieces fit perfectly as is for length, but I'll probably cut some of the plastic pieces down to the width of a slide to make smaller compartments. At any rate, something more we need created from nothing. And to think I almost threw those plastic parts away.

GB, it's peaceful most of the time, although you wouldn't want to be here at three AM some nights when we're shrieking at bears and playing shrill annoying obnoxious music over the bullhorn to chase them away. Luckily that doesn't happen real often.

Pinetree, that's actually an older pic. We do have some fall color now and it should peak within about the next week. It was taken from my bike but I wasn't far off our dock, so we get a similar view if we're sitting down there. I have to say it's a relief we're not currently thinking about moving. We do love it here, it's just the health care issue that has us concerned as we age. Then again, they keep adding all different kinds of elder care here in town all the time, so maybe by the time we need it, something more will be here.

The paneling was salvaged from a flooded house near Minneapolis when we lived down there, and we dragged it up here when we moved. It finally got used in the entry to the cabin.

Hey, we have a forty foot parking pad our motorhome sat on! That ought to be big enough for your fiver.

I bought the loons the same day as the fire hall sale, at a private sale that was near there. We got some cool stuff there and the rain barrel and other needed things, too. I need a better place for the loons though so might put them in Husby's office. Otherwise I can't see my feeders very well.

The free computer is in very good shape. I hope it keeps working for years to come because I like that arrangement and I'm happy to have my old hard drive back with all my stuff on it. I like not having internet capability on my desktop, too. It really does help me stay focused. Husby and I are both very happy not to have to rewire the internet out there and spend a bunch of time and money doing that, and equally happy not to have to replace or upgrade my old desktop so it's wireless instead of rewiring.

Not sure yet about the color for the rocker. I have an off white which would work well with the background on the wallpaper, so I'll probably go with that. I'm not buying anything, that's for sure, so my selection is limited. Have to take the platform apart to get at the sanding and painting on that project. I'm hoping I can talk Husby into finishing the sanding for me.

Ayanka, I'm sure you're worn out working on your new place. I bet it's looking great though. Sounds to me like you're making a lot of progress! You haven't been able to work on it that long. It sounds like the apartment might work out pretty soon, too. I do understand about the wallpaper, having done so much work stripping wallpaper when I was a kid. Not fun, especially on the ceiling. But eventually you'll have it all done and it'll be beautiful and you'll forget about how much of a pain it was to deal with it. I always comfort myself with remembering how much more our houses would have cost if everything was perfect in them when we got them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-I have that glider in green fabric w/ ottoman too. If that office gets nicer i may move in but not until all the mousies are gone. You have been crazy busy as always!

Pinetree-it has gone up exponentially. You still cant get .22 ammo and when you do its expensive and poor quality. I have some .45 but its expensive too. I think at this range you have to buy their ammo and cant get extra. plus you pay for space and targets. The club was free after membership and you just brought your own everything. We always downloaded targets and the ammo was group bought at rates. We paid like $5. for Dh to shoot when we went. I never shot then and clipped coupons. I was just keeping an eye on DD and socializing after work then. Its so funny but my parents never liked us doing that. And my Dbro's family too. I feel its the safest possible environment to teach your kids. I mean its like having a village show them. We always kept the ammo away and safe so Ds wouldnt ever get into it. And both kids were aware of what guns could do. I made them promise NOT to mention it at school because it was such a paranoid subject here you could get expelled for drawing a gun.

SO,we met the guy who bought the house next door. He fixes houses and will have his MIL living there. I already spoke about the dogs we have. He is cutting old trees and I have a cutter who will do the tree for $1000. and take the wood. We are just having it cut close. The dumpster is gone already. This guy has a lot of energy. I guess she will move in the 1st of this month. I think my tree goes Fri.
    Mixed excitement. He is related to the DD of our neighbors on the other side.

GB-so sorry to hear. Be careful sounds dumb so feel better. I never sprained anything but I did dislocate my elbow. That was way more painful than having babies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Hey I have it figured out, you can stay with me in the 5th wheel, theres more than enough room, plus bring the cats!!! The furbabies will keep them away!!

Not sure how this one is ran now, Dh's cousin use to be president, but, he commited sucide 4 yrs ago, and we havent been back since.
    Both the kids carry, they have concealed permits. I call them my kids its my DS and DIL, she calls us Mom and Dad, her Mom died several years ago. They use to have a business selling ammo and all the stuff for trap shooting.

Good Luck with your new neighbor. How many animals found homes?

Ayanka, thanks for jumping in I really dont know why I worry about all you guys, but I do. I widh we could all come to your new house and help you peel wall paper! Thank Goodness you are finally getting rid of that landlord!! HUgs..

SD, I guess you have no choice, seems we all want to come to your place, so when you ghet it all done and decluttered and fixed let us know and we'll all come up!!
    Forty ft, yep, that way I can park the truck there too!! Its a big dually so it needs room!! lol
    Boy would I love to ski across that lake, or bike or fish, or just sit there and space out looking at it.... you are really a lucky lady...

I have NOT got one thing done today, so I guess I better go fix dinner!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have an ottoman with our other glider rocker, the one that's currently in my office but will probably go into Husby's office later. Not sure we'll keep the ottoman, since it takes up a lot of space.

Not sure what to do about the mice. I hate the idea of trapping them because it's so cruel, but I'm sick of them. It's frustrating we can't find where they're coming in, because shutting them out is the only foolproof way to make sure they're not in there.

I grew up with guns because my dad was a dealer. We had firearm safety drilled into us from the time we could walk, and we all had to take firearms training back in the days when any kid could take the course just for signing up. I think you had to be twelve years old then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-Dh took the course then never got the CPL because of $$. Class $105 and license $110. last time we looked. He would have to retake the class I guess. Grr. I wish he would complete what he starts.

I like the old and the new fabric for the office chair. We just use those $10. jobs you get at every garage sale -ever. Dh got a nicer one at Costco but the pleather is all brittle and chipping already. He still has his Ddad chair and his Ddad passed when Dh was 5. That was well made.

Pinetree-I'll bring Kissy. She has good manners and is an excellent vole wiper outer! Plus she is apartment sized and gorgeous.
    Looks like 4 kittens at the zoo,4 from petsmart and 2 from Marl. No older cats.
    8 dog/puppies and that mealy hairless chiuaua (sp). This grandma took it. She can knit and knit coats for it!! hahaha! Sadly 2 cats returned together after a year and another turn in. So no winning.
    I didnt go in for a huge migraine and slept most of the day. Prob. stress. Go figure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That chair was only $10, FW. I got it at the fire hall sale where we got $3,000 worth of stuff for under $100. Still can't believe it. Got the fabric for .90 at the pet rescue thrift store Saturday that had most of their stuff 75% off. Such a deal, if I ever get it sewed. I'm great at buying good intentions. Husby picked up a like new office chair for $1 earlier in the summer. The back wouldn't adjust but all it needed was a bolt. We don't buy new chairs either, and we have lots of office chairs because I use them in my sewing room too.

Too bad more pets didn't find homes, but good for the ones who did. Sad about the ones who were returned but at least the people brought them back instead of abandoning them or euthanizing them.

We went through a bunch of doggy drama tonight because Sota ate prescription pill that fell on the floor. That boy doesn't miss anything. So I poured a bunch of peroxide down him and it didn't make him puke, so we ended up calling the vet. She didn't think the pill would hurt him any, and she said she's sometimes had to give her huskies more than 120 ml of peroxide to be effective. I only gave Sota 18 ml, so she concluded he wasn't in any danger from that, either. He's resting comfortably after a fun-filled evening chasing squirrels with Dad out in the garden, so Husby could keep an eye on him to see if he puked or not. At least nothing bad is going to happen, but I sure hate when accidents like this come up.