2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 185
Page 185 of 271 FirstFirst ... 85135175182183184185186187188195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM thinking of ya, hope you got your meds sorted.

SD Yellowstone is on my wish list, a caldera that big!! Must be a mind blowing & beautiful spot to walk the land. Also have to agree with you about going out. I find my people skills are waning a bit & my ability for small talk is getting rusty (What I hear you say? An Irish person who can't blather!!!!) Yep I admit it, hands up, so I told DH we are going to have to get out a bit more. Also my tolerance for bs is getting very short, this, for some reason I don't mind (). Did the gun club take the table? Love the pictures, thanks a million for putting them up. You live in a very beautiful spot(hug) Did you finish the feeders? Part of me would refurb them just to annoy the squirrels

GB sorry to hear about your fall, hope your feeling better& sending some good vibes your way

Pinetree, I just list everything here, makes me feel better ticking off all those items on my list at home. I'm a ticker/crosser offer, list maker (I even have to put multiple meanings in for the same thing!!!! - I have a problem/an issue/Quirkes.....see) I have a feeling everybody here does more than they list. I just like feeling productive! I understand you about the trees, after all they are meant to outlast us! Congrats on the weight loss and hope the energy levels have boosted a bit today. BTW swedes are a killer to carve, have fun and your allowed use my name in vain when doing it!!!!

Ayanka, glad to hear you're on a better footing with your landlord. You sound busy & hope you get everything sorted soon!

FW for a $1,000 do you not get to keep the wood for burning? Or is it not usable? Hope your new neighbour is a lovely woman

Peanut, hikr & everyone else hope your all doing great

So far so done:
    Swish and swipe
    Laundry 2 loads
    Books with girls
    Fed and watered kids
    Fed and watered animals
    School runs (2 this morning)
    Trip into town, ds came home yesterday to say he needed exam papers for geography & I combined the trip with getting a present for a wee girl the girls go to school with
    Checked lights and plugs

Still to do:
    Lunch - Hungry lady here, want chocolate but shall have tuna.....
    Hoover hall, sitting & kitchen
    School Runs(2) pick up neighbours kid too
    Homework
    Dinner
    wash up ware & shine sink
    see what else can be done plus exercies.

Going to try and clear out study a wee bit and take back up painting/drawing, haven't done it in years and miss it. Not particularly great at it but love doing it and that counts for something Hope everybody has a lovely Thursday!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning from Deep in the Heart of Texas. Heading to the grocery store to get the bargains and pick more pears to take to the food pantry this afternoon. Finished a paperback this morning and starting another from my stash. If you haven't used book mooch.com, I would highly recommend it. Hope you have a great fall day. It is cool right now, but in the lower 90s later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rona-have nowhere to burn it. The fireplace is gas and we never use it. The chimney isnt even Real!! If you want to burn outside it is under permit on certain days,so far from the structure and blah,blah. When Ds was young we would do it.Dh and I have no interest.

So,I check out this tree company on the internet and its in an individual home and the www. site is bogus and they have no facebook page. The owners name,license and tax ID arent on the invoice for estimate I signed. So after several nightmares I decided to cancel. This tree is climb only between the 2 houses leaning toward the new neighbors. I just feel it's the guys pal. They said they were insured but couldnt email me a copy. I am too paranoid right now I guess. I know I'll pay more but thems the brakes I guess. I didnt give him a reason although he kept asking why,was it too much, and on and on. I just kept saying we just need to right now. DH may be laid off but I am not above a fake layoff right now either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Sd-still getting all the in's and out's actually. I had 3 diff vets there tell me 3 diff. procedures. I actually was going to mention that to the owner/vet I see. I want the newest protocol obviously.
    Time will tell. He is well mannered and sweet but a bit needy for my tastes because I am used to a group of dogs and big ones.
    We named him Hunter last night because he leads w/ his nose and does this funny snuffy thing. Dh read there are 2 types of pocket Beagles and one is bred small and the other is derived from Daushund and small Beagles mixed.
    We think he is the second.

Dmom cracks me up w/ her theories. I told her I ate Dh's hostess pie ant it was about 400 calories. She's like yeah that they will admit too. I'm like?? She's like they wont tell you its more because you wont buy it! No way,no how was she going to be convinced it could be any other way! And that is why she will out live me! Spunk/awnry/sass. lol Love ya ma.

Rona-GOOD. It is insidious. Like right now you wouldnt think this dog is sick. He has energy and bright eyes but A double HW test,xray and blood panel wouldnt be wrong.

Hit the 2 grocery stores after dropping DD at her work. Still forgot a few things.
    need to hit the bank later to deposit a small check and grab a bit of cash.

Just kinda poking today.Sat out again while talking to Dmom. Such a nice fall day. Thinking about pumpkins and Halloween displays. Prob. hit the farm market Thurs.
    My family is all Special Forces...is he Green Beret, Ranger? He must have been in the service for awhile then because training for SF is a grueling 18 mos+ after Basic. They all get a phone call especially on emergency deployment to let family know so he should be able to call.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi there, LongTimeLurker!!

SD, thanks for the pictures! How is Sota today?

Gbug, how is your ankle? You and I must be in the Fall for No Reason Club. I do it too

Ayanka, you're making progress on your new house--great! Can you air it out by opening windows, etc.? Of course it may be too cold there.

fw, hope that migraine is gone today. How on earth can folks return critters after a year, or after any length of time? Man, that burns me up.

pinetree, great on losing weight/inches!! I love spring too, but no matter how lovely it is, I always start to think ahead to those high summer temps we have. And the last couple of years our springs have been very short. One year it lasted about 2 weeks then it turned summer and stayed there. I'm a fall kind of person from waaaaaaaay back.

Everybody else, hope all is well with you.

Yesterday was a bust. So for Thursday:

1) Mop
    2) Almost-end-of-the-month finances
    3) Wash dish towels and pot holders
    4) Walmart
    5) Bible study homework
    6) Load dishwasher
    7) Cook a nice meal
    8) Clean out fridge

Have a nice day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--My ankle is still swollen and turning various shades of purple. Brownies in the oven and now to watch a movie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LTL-no. only been in 2 years. His unit was picked to do this. He did call saying he was going but couldnt give details and didnt know times/dates about 3 weeks ago.
    It was a horrible connection and didnt go well for us. I guess I dont want to say special forces just not sure what all the terminology is. I am apprehensive to be more specific. Plus my brain is popping right now.

ILC-people can do some outrageous things when it comes to pets. They get so mad when we cant take a pregnant mama cat or a 12 yr. old dog that is HW positive. They want a fantasy. They want to pretend they didnt make a mess and that we are a dumping ground. This is the 2nd time we had cats returned. Last time "they werent using the box". So how often do you clean it,Did the last cat scent the whole house? Thankfully that part has nada to do w/ me. I wish people really understood that even a no-kill shelter cant perform miracles.
    There are fantastic people though that come thru. Giving money and much needed supplies,who adopt some animals that arent so shiny anymore. I feel so sad for some of the older ones. I thought of taking this 11yr old. But our house is too full and too ruckus.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-can you soak it in epsom salts? So sorry things are rough right now. Oh and sympathy aside OOOOH brownieeeeeees. Yum.

Hunter is the official name of the beagle although Napolean was a close second because he has a big attitude for such a little guy. He is a nester like my childhood beagle and it just cracks me up. He twirls and scooches back and forth. He just has his head out when he's done. He was trying hard to convince me yesterday Cheerios,are in fact for dogs. Gosh i hope his treatment works. Cruisin' for some heartbreak.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello and Happy Thursday!

GM, OMG, hope your ankle isn't hurting you alot. They say when we get older we just fall, that is kind of scarey! Hope you are feeling better. Brownies sound wonderful, I am going to make a batch! Thanks!
    Deep in the heart of Texas reminds me of Copperas Cove, FT. Hood area, and Dallas, whooo hooo bbq!! Oh man can they bbq!! But you can keep those june bugs and snakes!

OM, What are you up to? Did you say your DH is working? I really hope he is and I didn't dream it, that should take a little pressure off you. Good sleep will help you alot too. Hows Paige?

Rona, you crack me up!! lol, its refreshing to read your posts, I always get a smile from them.
    I dont know about carving a turnip, I get frustrated easy these days, it would probably go flying thru a window, or I would end up just eating it! lol, I dont even carve pumpkins anymore, I have a fake plastic one that I plug in, and looks like a candle inside it, then bring it in, tuck the cord inside it and put it back on the shelf, Yep guess I got lazy!!

FW. So sad about the furbabies, too bad I couldnt just take them all! SO sorry about your headache, they are such a pain, I havent had one for along time, knocking on wood.
    I can bring felix, he gets birds, mice, snakes dragon flies. He doesnt like to be inside much tho, and can't stand to have his feet wet. lol
    Your DH is getting laid off again? Did I read that right? OH, I hope I'm wrong, geeze hes having a rough time!

ILC, I'm with you, there was a post on craigslist someone was rehoming their 15 yr old dog, WTH? People are just crazy.. I cant get rid of them after 10 minutes!
    You need to be careful too, I really hope you guys quit falling, someones going to break something, it will probably be me.
    Hey hows Friend doing? I know what comes after fall its called snow and cold,,, we only get hot for maybe 2 weeks and thats it. This year I don't think we got to 100*, they say our first snow is Oct 7. hoping it stays away until halloween.

SD. Thanks for the pictures, Your house has got to be looking really good, your office is awesome! Hope you puppies are doing ok today, I am always afraid of one of the cats getting ahold of one of our pills.

Ayanka, if you are cleaning up smoke, we have found the only way you can get rid of it is to seal the wall,, then paint. I dont know if you have simple green, but it cuts thru alot of the grime, and smells fresh later, but takes alot of elbow grease. What a job, we had that in our house, 70 yrs of people smoking in it.
    Hopefully you get to move in soon, Good Luck renting your apt.

Hi, hikr, Jen, RABBIT, Bernice, Niko

Thanks everyone, I am so excited I ordered me some new clothes, I got a pair of skinny jeans! lol I will wear them here at home, 2 pair of leggings, Got me a shaker sweater too. I am going to stay warm this winter!
    My bff has discovered she can e-mail me from her phone, needless to say I dont get much done. Its amazing we can find so much to talk about and we can do it all day long. I guess I dont have a problem keeping my mouth shut!! lol

Today
    finish out a job, I dont like doing this one, sob
    find dinner
    run empty dishwasher ( thinking of RABBIT )
    vacuum under the table
    swish & ?? the bath room

Have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow pinetree good energy!!!!!!
    Dh just talked to Ds via Facebook and he is at his new destination. He will be training soldiers from that country. Looks like a 2 month or so gig. Still supposed to be home for Christmas. Keep them prayers a comin'.

Needed my own little bug out so i drove north a few exits and went to a sample sale and a barn sale. Got Mackey peanut butter (Jif 3/$5. for 16oz.) and Finish DW tabs 30/3.00 and she had 2 left. Didnt have much cash left so I got an ice cream cone. So nice up there amongst the cornfields and quiet roads. I had to laugh at the barn sale. She had 2 circus tents filled w/ about everything her 4 kids ever had. All these clothes and kids VCR tapes,Christmas stuff and old put together furniture. I didnt buy a thing.
    Ironically not one farm stand and me out of veg. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, will keep the prayers a going.. Is he somewhere safe where you don't have to worry?

My son found out last night, He works nights, that his best friends Mom is terminal. They are hauling her to Denver to see if the experts can help her, so we need prayers badly, I feel so bad for both of them, DS was crying trying to tell me, and said he doesn't know why he is so upset, well I do, I will never forget the look on his face when he came to see me in the hospital, he just knew I only had a couple weeks left. I never held him so tight in my life... It's just so hard....

Trying to get things done today, DS has Sunday off so we get a long weekend yipppeee!!!

What kind of cone FW a big chocolate one? oh yum!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No. and butter pecan.
    Off to cook dinner and drag Dh off work?? Strip steak and potatoes.
    Pinetree-prayers sent. Life is hard today dammit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rona, the Yellowstone caldera is so big you really can't tell you're in one. Mostly what you see are mountains, lodge pole pine trees, wildlife, lots of impressive geothermal features, and way too many tourists acting really, really stupid. Honestly, every time we're there, it never fails that we happen to be near somebody doing something hair-raising that we can't wait to get away from, before we have to see something horrible we don't want to see. If you ever do get to come visit YS, be sure to allow lots and lots of time just to drive around the park. We were there five or six days in 2010 and didn't see everything, plus we drove over 1,000 miles just in the park. There's no good way to get around there without lots of backtracking, and if you go in the summer, there will be gridlock, bear jams, bison jams, road construction, and other things to slow you down. Grand Teton National Park isn't too far away from YS, and is worth at least driving through if you can spare a day. The Tetons are beyond amazing and incredibly beautiful.

We didn't hear from the gun club but we were gone all day. Still, there's nothing wrong with our answering machine. The tree guys never called either. Didn't get any more done on the refurbished feeder, either.

ILC, Sota is doing fine now. Husby isn't sure he even swallowed the pill, so maybe we gave him peroxide for nothing, but better safe than sorry. Even though we couldn't get him to throw up anyway. He was fine all night. Husby thought if he did eat the pill, it wasn't one of the powerful ones and the vet thought it wouldn't have much impact because he's a big enough doggy and the med wasn't going to stop his heart or anything. We were lucky.

Pinetree, everybody's doing well today. We were out of town shopping again because I woke up this AM realizing instead of simply caulking the skirting on the cabin in hopes that'll keep the mice out, we needed to clad it in metal. The skirting is OSB and is at least fifteen years old and never painted. It's in good shape yet but starting to peel a little here and there and needs some attention. Some of it is PT plywood that's delaminating in places. Caulking isn't going to fix all that. Painting is pointless, and since we want to have the cabin sided next year, I realized it would make more sense to prep it for the siding, which will not extend all the way to the ground. So we drove the fifty miles to the nearest big box home improvement place and picked up some rolls of aluminum that should protect all the skirting and close up any mouse portals in the skirting at the same time. We bought a bunch of stuff for organizing while we were at it. Menards had tons of stuff we needed again. I did a hug splurge and bought cordless blinds for my office. I'm going to love those! I was going to get the cheapo $4 ones (found out I could still buy those after all) but they didn't have the size I needed. Then my attention was directed to the cordless ones that have a tilt feature to open and close the slats of the blinds and I just loved them even if they are four times as expensive. I'm spending so little on my cabin I really didn't care. Husby said to do what I wanted, so I did.

Went to Walmart to get a refund on a purchase. They didn't want to refund the sales tax we had paid on the item. What? So they called a supervisor over and all Husby got was attitude from her. He's not normally a confrontational person but he finally asked her why he was getting that attitude. She never did explain, just pulled the money out of her pocket and gave it to him. Again, what? The last three times we've been in that WM it's been a problem of some kind or other. We've concluded our purchases at WM are going to be limited only to consumables from now on, especially at that store, since they clearly don't know how to handle returns and then have to get all snippy about it and have a bad attitude about things like me wanting to pack my stuff. Who needs that?

In spite of WM, it was a good day. Hope we can get the cabin skirting sealed up over the weekend.

Tired now though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it to the grocery store and made campanelle with bacon and brussel sprouts for dinner. Yum! Worked at the food pantry this afternoon. A lot of hungry people out there. I love working there. I feel like I accomplished something for somebody else. Have a great evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey grammar, glad your foot seems to be a bit better or at least not getting worse.

ILC: Its only when you enter now, because the wallpaper is off the wall. I did ventilate them a lot in the beginning and when I open the windows for a short time now the scent is gone. So it is definite progress.

Pinetree: Im affraid I just use good old scrubbing soap and a scrubbing sponge. It might take a little longer, but it does work. And because of the grossness of things coming off, I prefer to just be able to throw things away regularly.

Dit my to do list for yesterday btw.