2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 186
Page 186 of 271 FirstFirst ... 86136176183184185186187188189196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka--Sounds like things are coming along. Hang in there.

Today:
    1) Physical Therapy
    2) Maybe cleaning housing depending on therapy
    3) Couples BBQ and wedding shower tonight for a former theatre student of mine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, hope you have a good, non-painful PT session today.

Ayanka, yea for fresh air! I love to open windows whenever I can.

fw, prayers for your DS.

SD, hope that skirting work goes well.

pinetree, ooohhh, skinny jeans, you're gonna be a hot mama! Yea for long weekends!!!

I know it's scary for your DS with his friend's mom. Our boys do love their moms and friends' moms. Mine sure does.

All the talk about brownies inspired me so last night I baked some too. Just the thing on a dark, cool, dreary evening.

I didn't go to Walmart or mop yesterday.

For Friday:

1) Walmart and Kroger
    2) Mop (if it quits raining)
    3) Financial planning with DH
    4) Cook another nice meal
    5) Wash our comforter
    6) Reset downstairs
    7) Go through some of parents' stuff

Have a great Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning all.
    Stupid stress is getting me. I did something I would expect of someone Dmoms age.
    I got a small cylindrical pill in 20 mg. and now they changed my slightly larger 100mg one back from green to white so they look alike but the mg. are on there. I somehow got them mixed in 1 bottle. I detangled that and saw 115mg. on some of the pills. I realized just before I went to the pharmacy to complain/question what was going on,that they have 1 number the 115 on 1 side and 100 on the other. Not this ditzy normally but man my head is on jobs,HW dogs and grown kids who are somewhere I dont want them. Just a heads up to anyone. Its easy to blow it. Thank goodness I didnt take more than I should of anything.

Just paying bills this morning and throwing a load in or 2. Kinda nice fall day and was mulling over going to the nearby cider mill and grabbing cider (but not donuts,nope,not cinnamon mmmm donuts). lol

Hope every one is well. I noticed the tree cutter isnt next door like he was supposed to be either. interesting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, sounds like you are making big strides in cleaning, Did anyone show up to rent the apt?

FW, aw man, try and take it easy. They say not to worry about things you can't change, so why do we? I am a big worry wart, always have been, I try real hard to quit, but seems I always have something I cant get off my mind. Thanks for the prayers.
    Go to the apple mill and get things off your mind for awhile, hugs.

GM, I hope you are feeling better, and pt goes good, Your brownies sounded so good, I made a big pan last night, yum..

ILC, hahahaha, those jeans will never see the light of day!! Thsy will stay in the house!! Hot mama.. rotf!!
    Yea, I know boys are bad with Moms. I really dont know how I can help, I just tell my son to be there for him.. Now my son is thinking hes going to lose me too, so I'm making an appt with the new Dr and making sure everything is ok for him.
    I am feeling so good, but think hes just worried.

SD What are you up to? Oh yea, plugging holes to keep the mice out so we can all come up and live with you!!!! hahaha....Don't work to hard.

OM , saw you arent feeling well, hope you get over it soon. Dont forget your pills, take it easy! Hugs..

Hey to everyone else.

Today
    make zucchini blueberry bread
    can a mess of tomatoes, IF DH finds all the jars
    exercise

have a wonderful day, stay safe!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

@Pinetree: about 5 of them, so we ll see if anyone wants it. With the bathroom in the hallway its not the ordenary appartement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No takers on the pool table. Winter's coming and we want it out of here before then, so I'm going to finish up the cabinets that are sitting on it right now, and then try to smash it. There's nice laminated plywood in the framing that I can use for Husby's desktop, maybe, and/or some shelving in his office closet, so it would actually save us a little money to throw the slate out in the woods, donate all the accessories, and salvage the plywood in it. I just dread the thought of attempting it though. I keep trying to find info on how to break up a pool table, but as soon as I enter the words break and pool table in a search engine, you can imagine how many hits I get for how to break up the triangle of balls on the table.

I finished the refurbished peanut feeder today. It turned out okay. Husby put the hooks back out in the front of the cabin and I hung it up there. A big bear might be able to reach it but I don't think a little one could. I had it sitting out on the porch rail on the cabin while I was working on it, and when I stepped away for something, a little nuthatch landed on it. Poor thing went away disappointed.

Husby pulled all the stuff away from the cabin so we can get at it to work on it. We were also able to get a really good look at the skirting and we think maybe the problem isn't the seams after all. I found one big gap between the framing and the concrete slab, so for starters we're going to stuff stainless steel wool into any gaps like that we can find, and then caulk all the way around where the slab meets the framing. Maybe that'll take care of things. We'll need the aluminum we bought yesterday when we get the cabin resided though, so it won't go to waste. Once we close up every gap we find, then I'm going to set traps inside and see if the problem is corrected. If not we'll have to proceed with the aluminum.

I picked up snacks for my office yesterday and some dollar store containers, plus some disposable dishes. It's starting to look like home in there again!

Husby was saying today the cabin is starting to look like someone cares again, and that it's coming back to life. I've been thinking the same thing. He Garden Weaseled the front planter boxes and got rid of all the weeds so that's ready to re-plant the lilies we had to put into buckets from another box to make room for the greenhouse. So I'll try to get that done next week, weather permitting. I hope they survive. I'm sure it's the wrong time of year to transplant them, but we don't have much choice.

I put up two of my new blinds and love those. Now I have to make new valances and decide if I want to use the old curtain rods or buy new ones. I'll probably use the old ones, since I bought the more expensive blinds which I'm not a bit sorry about. I wouldn't see much of the rods anyway, plus they're already installed so less work for me.

Husby has really been on a tear today. He also straightened things up in his office so we can see some of the floor again. I think he was up at six and I slept till about nine and didn't really get up till about 11. It just wears us out to do these big shopping trips.

I hope the weather clears up so we can work on the gutter project again. We need warm weather for that.

It looks like all of you have been busy, too. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! We got back last night and by the time we got done unloading the car and I got laundry and dishes started I was too tired to hit the computer. We had an awesome time! Lots of fun, the weather was perfect and we did everything we wanted to do (except see a moose. hahaha).

I've tried to catch up a bit here and I'm so excited about your new dog FW!! And what a great name for him. Hunter <3 Adorable. I thought of you as we were heading to our car to go back to our cottage on Wednesday and this incredibly thin cat walks across the parking lot. He looked horrific. I mean it was like a skeleton with a fur draped over him. I put my hand down and he walked right over and rubbed his head on my hand and I pet him for a minute. I was in tears because I thought he was a starving stray. I'm not from that area so I called the police station and asked whom do I call and where is the vet etc? I was worried he was so skinny that just bringing him home to feed wouldn't really help and maybe he needed medical care. They gave me the vet # and I called. They said that there was a woman in town who worked with the strays bringing them in and getting their care etc. I guess she has a fund or something. I said I was willing to pay but they said call her first. So I called her in tears about this cat. As soon as I said where I found the cat she said "is this a tiger cat with white paws?" I said yes, and how did she know (looking around for a video camera or something LOL). She said she knew exactly who I had found. She said this was Petzy and he belonged to the elderly gentleman that lived in the apartment above the shop where I found him. She said that the cat is 17 and has a thyroid issue and is dying of old age. Apparently he's well cared for but because of his age they've been unable to get the thyroid under control so he's losing weight. However, he eats and he loves to go outside and patrol the parking lot, lying in the sun and just doing the normal cat things and seems very happy and comfortable (except for looking so horribly thin) so that's why the gentleman hasn't put her down. Like most of us you just know when it's time to let go and move on and he's waiting for Petsy to let him now it's time.

Goodness...so then I was crying because I was so relieved this wasn't a starving abandoned animal. Poor DH. One minute I'm sobbing because I am so upset about this cat then I'm sobbing because I'm happy for the cat. I mean I felt bad he looks so skinny but one of our cats had a thyroid issue and lost a lot of weight (and he was 18 so very similar to Petsy although he developed bone cancer so we had to put him down before he got as skinny at Petsy) so I understood.

Anyway, so Petsy was as fine as he could be at his advanced age and the woman thanked me for my concern and for checking in to see what I could do. Animals just rip my heart into pieces. Meanwhile the object of my hysteria was stretched out on the steps to the apartment where he lives with the old guy enjoying the sun. He couldn't have looked happier. LOL! So I dried my tears, said my goodbye and off we went. I was so wrecked over the whole thing I drove right by the restaurant we were going for dinner and halfway to the cottage remembered that we had planned to eat out. I told DH I was so sorry but I was so emotional over the cat that I completely spaced out dinner. He understood (the man knows me well). We had food at the cottage so I fixed dinner and the owner's wife actually popped in with blueberry cake for us

Anyway, now it's back to packing and cleaning and prepping for the big move.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hikr-dont ever work at a rescue ok? lol
    I was at a g.sale and this lady says "I could never work there its so sad. I would be crying all the time. I said why. People bring them in and good people come get them. (no its not that cut and dry of course). But the cases that people adopt. furless dogs and cats w/ 1 eye. Blind old dogs. Its great. And random people who have adopted from them at 1 point just roll up w/ truck beds w/ newspaper and food,random things like those igloo dog houses for the outreach. Good people are out there.

Very emotionally charged day here w/ all the stress. We treated ourselves to Thai.
    DD took off after work and will be gone at the Renaissance Festival. 2 more weekends and its done. She is happy as she has fit in so well w/ the people.

Got a load of dishes and a load of clothes
    Went to the library sale to find bookd 1/2 off. Got 20 more cookbooks for $14. Picked up a couple pristine Betty Crockers.

SD-is there a way to take the table apart and leave the slab whole.Then cut it into shapes for flagstones or anything?

We were good reusers. I had a blue kiddie pool I planted strawberries in because I had a hole anyway. The strawberries didnt winter well and died so Dh used the dirt to fill holes in the front. I had big rocks in the holes and they will go back in the landscape rock garden. So the pool (unsalvagable because weeds grew up through the bottom) is the only toss out. And we spent nada. Nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I'm behind on what's happening here so :hello: to everyone.
    Spent the last couple of days trying to figure out how to get to the uk without a passport for a funeral (my cousin, who was only 45 passed). We have a no passport treaty between us so technically only my drivers licence should do. However it looks like some of the airlines that fly to Birmingham want passports as proof of id. Rang for an emergency appointment to get one only to be told that for a bereavement I would need either a copy of the coroners or a signed letter from the doctor who attended his death..... What?? I'm not going to be ringing these people and saying "Oh BTW in between mourning your son can you get a coroners report!!" I'll swim the Irish Sea if I have to, sometimes I think these bureaucrats really forget they are dealing with people Ferry might be a better option

Anyway while I try to puzzle this out and sort out other options I'll keep busy:
    Crows are eyeballing my apples on the trees so another few buckets need to come in today, then house work, drop off bric a brac for a fundraiser at the opening of the local GAA pitch tomorrow. Wash lots of clothes, it's going to be dry for the next couple of days so I'm going to use the opportunity to get everything in the house (inc the kids) and chuck them outside to air while we get the chance. Bake, first some Apple & damson crumble, lovely haul of Bramley's coming in so I must figure out ways to store them for future pies. For those of you interested when an Irish person sees sunshine we immediately think washing (laundry) and cleaning the windows!! I think I will need to keep hands and head busy today. Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, try searching for "demolish" or "dismantle" a pool table. Sometimes you have to make a big effort NOT to use a particular word - like "break"!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wcauldon-disassemble?Salvaging the slate from? not Smash.lol
    Rona-first so sorry for your loss,definately so young. Here we have bereavement exceptions but I understand not wanting to bother a relative in times of need. Would the funeral home annoucement be enough. We had to give the website and they looked it up for something or other when we buried Ddad. And yes-rules 1st people second-Grrr!
    I have never had plum w/ apple but we love most any kind of coffee cake sort of thing. Dmom would do peach apple pies and that if she didnt have enough of either. Sounds delicious.

OM-Where that baby annoucement!!! and pictures too.

wow-the new investor is going to town on that house next door. 2-3 hrs power washing the house,the old lattice work came down,the swingset leaving,counter top company there and a new smaller dumpster. Its silly but i feel happy for the old house!! Guess I will have to step it up!! We do have a pile of brush to burn in the old garden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was mulling over the cat comment and thinking about my 17 yr old cat. He has rabbit fur fur and bright eyes but his haunches are gaunt from age and he walks kinda unstable some rainy days from arthritis. I bet if someone found him outside (which I dont allow) he would look abandoned. He actually gets 4 cans of Fancy Feast a day and all the dry he wants but he is so old he can only eat small amts. Hmm?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our cat Sissy ended up losing lots of weight and her fur looked bad and it was diabetes. My cat Maggie, who lived to be 22, ended up on human thyroid meds the last few years of her life. At the time I had to get them with a prescription from the regular pharmacy instead of the vet. Once she was on them she did well.

The things we do for our beloved fur babies!

hikr, welcome back! Thanks for being so sweet and concerned about the kitty. Glad to know Petsy wasn't abandoned and unloved.

fw, it will be like having a "new" house next door!

Ayanka, sure hope one of the 5 wants the apartment.

SD, it sounds as though your hubby is on the bandwagon. Mine does that---if he sees me making progress on a project he'll tend to get involved too.

Rona, so sorry about your cousin. Ridiculous you have to jump through hoops at such a sad time.

I wish we'd get some sunshine, even for part of a day. I love rain and cloudy days but this has been going on for a while, and it's forecast for the next few days. It's beginning to be depressing.

pinetree, that is so sweet of you to go to the dr for your son! You're a good mom. I know he'll appreciate it.

Everyone else (Niko, om, Jen, etc.), hope you'll post soon.

For Saturday:

1) MOP even though it's still damp outside--that floor is awful
    2) Laundry
    3) Put out some autumn decor and pillows
    4) Go through parents' stuff
    5) Do some filing
    6) Watch Auburn game 7:30

Have a great Saturday, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-he want to regrade the yard and that is making nervous. We have a resevoir in the back where the water drains. And I dont want the balance in the front messed up because our well is in front and also our bsmt could flood. We may not get the full brunt of it until Spring either. The sprucing up though is nice. I guess I am getting crotchety though I hate all the trucks and the noise and parking on lawns.(Get off my lawn!!! said Walter!-Jeff Foxworthy style)

Thx for reminding me. His glucose was a little low and needed to be retested. He cannot be diabetic! ( too ironic). He was 18# at his peak and tested 13# lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!

Om, did you have that grandbaby?? Did I miss it?

Hikr, I'm the same way, thats why I stay away from shelters, I have lost two cats from the thyroid crap, both lost so much weight is was horrible, they are starving all the time but cant gain weight.
    We use to rub the medicine on the inside of their ears, but sooner than later their kidneys, etc start shutting down.
    So glad you had fun and welcome back!!

SD< dont work too hard!

FW, you guys seem to be busy too! The ice cream sounds good ,I havent had that for years!
    I lost my 18 yr old from diabetics, they get it when older like us.

ILC, I didnt realize you had rain, I go nuts if I dont have sunshine, I would never make it in oregon!
    Yea, You would do the same thing for your son! Well all of you would!!

Rona I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you find someway to get there.

Hi to everyone else, hope you guys post soon.

Today
    vaccum up cat hair, again
    clean mirrors
    maybe a load of laundry
    exercise

dinner, homemade pizza

Have a great day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.